1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Comments on Profile Post by Susano

1. Gladiusone
    Gladiusone
    Katherine, born and raised on New Avalon, committed sedition, treason, murder, regicide, matricide and, possibly, patricide, before committing multiple acts of terrorism against the people of the state she had suborned illegally, and finally fleeing to a hostile power with her lover, a committed racist, slaving conqueror and conceiving a possible incest baby with stolen DNA from Victor.
    Nov 24, 2016
    Ddmkm122 and Susano like this.
  2. Gladiusone
    Gladiusone
    Victor Ian Steiner-Davion forever. Long live the Federated Commonwealth.
    Nov 24, 2016
    Ddmkm122 likes this.
  3. Susano
    Susano
    And Victor lived on Tharkad most of his life. Heh. I just don't like the FedCom... or rather, how the writers (...Stackpole...) executed it. In Lost Destiny, e.g., it seems Melissa isn't even informed about the counter-operation to Scorpion. So it seems Hanse effectively ruled both realms. Not only seems the whole setup rather sexist ("of course the husband rules!") but it's also very annoying from a Lyran PoV.
    Nov 25, 2016
    Ddmkm122 likes this.
  4. Susano
    Susano
    Also: Suddenly an alternative to the HPG, ComStar defanged in a single sweep, a "Succession war" over in two years... all just so sueish that I can't take the FedCom serious. Then Katrina (at least let her choose her own name...) is written as an arch-villain with no redeeming traits. Meh. So in protest of all those points, and a Lyran, I'd rather side with the LA and the Archon-Princess than Victor and Peter ;)
    Nov 25, 2016
    Ddmkm122 likes this.
  5. Gladiusone
    Gladiusone
    But somehow Katherine, who wasn't a Tharkad native, was somehow considered the natural successor to her grandmother ...

Hanse and Melissa created something new, upsetting the paradigm of the Succession Wars, and laying the foundation to a nation that would have eclipsed the rotting corpse of the Star League.

Katherine's ego screwed that all up.
    Nov 25, 2016
    Ddmkm122 likes this.
  6. Susano
    Susano
    *Hanse* did so, which is half the problem, and only because the authors let him have every break in the book. The 4SW shouldn't even have been *possible*; that's why the 3SW had gone on for centuries. And then conveniently he has those Black Boxes. Pfah.

Hm, do you want to take that to a thread?
    Nov 25, 2016
    Ddmkm122 likes this.
  7. Gladiusone
    Gladiusone
    New thread for Battletech discussion up, in the CW Index.
    Dec 13, 2016
    Ddmkm122 likes this.