1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Comments on Profile Post by Sol Mark-1

1. serapheus
    serapheus
    ER's character driven style, yeah. Zhang ended up overpowered as fuck, but the system itself lends well to character work.

The CK2 style from CORE is too large scope for Worm. Not without a hell of a lot of worldbuilding and a very tight pair of hands on the reins.
    Apr 9, 2017
    AngelicKnight., Alias and Sol Mark-1 like this.
  2. serapheus
    serapheus
    The thing about worm is that the powers that people get, are the powers they get. They can think of inventive ways of using those powers, but unlike CORE those powers don't actually develop into anything new.
    Apr 9, 2017
  3. Sol Mark-1
    Sol Mark-1
    There is always adding things to the Worm quest, like magic (Worm originally was going to have magic).

The AGG quest system is very flexible.

The reason the characters ended overpowered as fuck is that the playerbase chose Hard Mode, or was it Rise only.

Zhang was powerful in the setting, but by Word of God there were enemies that could kill him.
    Apr 9, 2017
    serapheus likes this.
  4. Sol Mark-1
    Sol Mark-1
    Also Zhang became powerful thanks to good Random rolls.

Though he is strong he has weaknesses.

The reason we didn't put much attention to SL was because we trained him to become stronger.

We never found much of his family.
    Apr 9, 2017
    serapheus likes this.
  5. serapheus
    serapheus
    -Worm was going to have magic- The same Worm wherein Wildbow has gone on record as sayiing that there is no such thing as souls, let alone magic, in the wormverse? -bemused-
    Apr 9, 2017
  6. Sol Mark-1
    Sol Mark-1
    Yeah Worm is very different from Wildbow first vision.

Speaking of how different ended the story from the prototype, We were supposed to die against Hawk in CORE.

People think that the AGG system is broken, when CK II is even more broken.
    Apr 9, 2017
    serapheus likes this.
  7. serapheus
    serapheus
    Not the system that's broken, tis the Sage!dice.
    Apr 9, 2017
  8. serapheus
    serapheus
    -Reading CORE, The Last Day interlude-

T_T Where's that phoenix feather when you need it, godsdamnit.

Poor Ai. T-T
    Apr 9, 2017
  9. Sol Mark-1
    Sol Mark-1
    Link for that interlude.
    Apr 9, 2017
  10. serapheus
  11. Sol Mark-1
    Sol Mark-1
    The Hero faction are monsters in CORE verse.

Thank you.
    Apr 9, 2017
    serapheus likes this.
  12. serapheus
    serapheus
    Seriously, I really wanna give vampire girl a hug, two mugs of Zhang blood, and a DnD scroll of true resurrection.
    Apr 9, 2017
  13. serapheus
    serapheus
    Burning out on CORE, need a break.

Gonna find sumthin fluffy.
    Apr 9, 2017
  14. Sol Mark-1
    Sol Mark-1
    What part are you in CORE?

There are some pretty sweet omakes in CORE.
    Apr 10, 2017
    serapheus likes this.
  15. serapheus
    serapheus
    Not much further than that link I gave you earlier. Too much yard work today to get much reading done. start of turn 14 I think, don't have the page up right now to check.
    Apr 10, 2017
  16. Sol Mark-1
    Sol Mark-1
    Everything gets better.

Do you want to know whit what the basic powers are compared for Gwen of Deathworld.
    Apr 10, 2017
    serapheus likes this.
  17. serapheus
    serapheus
    Eh, sure. But still gonna take a day or two, read something mindless and fun.

Brains too fun of all of the 'if's, 'could's, and 'I would've's. Need some decompress time, I've been blitzing through AGG quest after AGG quest since since I started.
    Apr 10, 2017
  18. Sol Mark-1
    Sol Mark-1
    Hi how have you been?
    Apr 28, 2017
    serapheus likes this.
  19. serapheus
    serapheus
    Well, pretty well. I've been puttering, getting mildly involved in a few quests, and playing a couple puzzle games. But mostly I've been kicking back and reading my way through my discworld novels.

Getting my happy on in other words. ^_^
    Apr 28, 2017
  20. Sol Mark-1
    Sol Mark-1
    Good for you.
    Apr 29, 2017
    serapheus likes this.
  21. Sol Mark-1
    Sol Mark-1
    Have you continued reading CORE?
    Apr 29, 2017
    serapheus likes this.
  22. serapheus
    serapheus
    Ah, not yet. Wanna finish reading the discworld stuff. Shouldn't take too long, only really reading the city watch books.
    Apr 29, 2017
  23. Sol Mark-1
    Sol Mark-1
    Hi how have you been?
    Oct 10, 2017
  24. serapheus
    serapheus
    Missed this, sry. I been good. Headachy but good. Kinda forgot about CORE and such tho. Ought to get back to that. -thoughtful- Where was I...
    Oct 12, 2017
    AngelicKnight. and Sol Mark-1 like this.
  25. serapheus
    serapheus
    Gonna have to completely restart, I'm utterly lost. Not an issue, really, just a bit annoying.
    Oct 12, 2017
  26. Sol Mark-1
    Sol Mark-1
    I sometimes do that when I'm waiting for an update.
    Oct 12, 2017
    serapheus likes this.
  27. serapheus
    serapheus
    Alright, caught back up to where I think I was. Now debating whether to read all night or actually sleep.
    Oct 13, 2017