1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Comments on Profile Post by Nekraa

1. Nekraa
    Nekraa
    Thus I will have memorized the kanji of Basic Kanji vol 1 & 2 in 100 days. Add some more to that as I don't expect myself to manage it perfectly :v
    Apr 14, 2018
  2. Daniel K. English
    Daniel K. English
    It'll take longer unless you read/write using those words at least several times a day.
    Apr 14, 2018
    Ddmkm122 likes this.
  3. Nekraa
    Nekraa
    Yes? Retaining what I learn is part of learning, I hope that would be understood by how "learning" works.
    Apr 15, 2018
    Ddmkm122 likes this.
  4. Lement
    Lement
    Hows' it going?
    May 2, 2018
    Ddmkm122 and Nekraa like this.
  5. Nekraa
    Nekraa
    On lesson 7, 65 kanji more or less memorized. As expected, I haven't quite managed to meet the goal. But it's more useful for motivation than 100% needed achievement.
    May 2, 2018
    Ddmkm122 and Lement like this.
  6. Lement
    Lement
    That's a good start. What about using them? I'm not even sure how to comfortably type them, but it is not like I have any such goal as yours...

Finding them in reading is similar problem.
    May 2, 2018
  7. Nekraa
    Nekraa
    I do try to make sentences now and then with them. Not the easiest when I still lack most of the language :p

But it's a start, yes. Writing in Japanese on the computer is cheating, the Japanese IME makes it easy as long as you remember the kun-/on- yomi. Thus writing with pen is better for remembering it properly.
    May 2, 2018
  8. Lement
    Lement
    Japanese IME? I was thinking of of using unicode codes, myself. Ctrl-shift-u+four numbers is ...well, slightly longer than average word, but not by much.

But penning it out seems definitely good for recognizing it afterwards. Do you use a tablet and post them as images, or keep them as your secret plot notes?
    May 2, 2018
  9. Nekraa
    Nekraa
    Stands for Input Method Editor... I think? :p

Let's me write stuff with Japanese characters by switching keyboards, basically. So and just write, phonetically? I press "a" on the keyboard, and get あ. Or write "chikara" and get ちから in hiragana, with 力 as the main suggestion. Thus simple.
    May 2, 2018
  10. Nekraa
    Nekraa
    Sometimes I use the tablet when I want to write lots and not waste paper on simple repetition. I do have normal notes (and a small notebook where I write down the kanji of each lesson) too though.
    May 2, 2018
  11. Lement
    Lement
    That seems...Both immensely useful and quite frustrating to learning to recall.

What motivated you to do this? Even at the level of phonetics, it is no mean feat to learn as adult (unless you're one of those lucky ones who could learn just from watching subtitled anime as kid/teenager, and even then still need a reason).
    May 2, 2018
    Ddmkm122 likes this.
  12. Nekraa
    Nekraa
    Liking manga and anime, and getting annoyed when so few of the sources are translated :v

:p
    May 2, 2018
    Ddmkm122 likes this.
  13. Nekraa
    Nekraa
    Besides, if kid Nekraa could learn English in addition to Swedish, the much wiser and learned adult Nekraa can learn Japanese :p
    May 2, 2018