1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Comments on Profile Post by Queen Fiona

1. Robotninja
    Robotninja
    Help design new space colonies to pointlessly drop on the world and kill another half of humanity?
    Feb 18, 2019
    Queen Fiona likes this.
  2. Queen Fiona
    Queen Fiona
    Ha, ha. No. :v

More seriously, you can't do anything about Operation British, I know that much. The protagonist isn't going to be deployed in the Battle of Loum, but she does get to make one choice to affect it. Everything after that is fair game, but I'm hoping to scare off the hardcore Zeon apologists who *would* do that before then.
    Feb 18, 2019
    Robotninja likes this.
  3. Queen Fiona
    Queen Fiona
    Actually, fun fact: most of the people who died in the opening week of the war? Spacenoids. Given the population numbers are overwhelmingly tilted toward the colonies, that'd have to be the case even if it weren't explicitly mentioned.
    Feb 18, 2019
    Robotninja likes this.
  4. Robotninja
    Robotninja
    Well yeah. Zeon are awful people who gas space colonies. Then drop them on Earth and kill half of all mankind. Honestly, I am surprised that the Federation did not literally decide to just kill literally all of Zeon.
    Feb 18, 2019
  5. Queen Fiona
    Queen Fiona
    I mean, they kind of DID, but a) around fifteen years later and b) arguably because they ended up holding the villain ball for the sake of covert Japanese nationalism apology. Maybe. Sort of.

Unicorn fucks a lot of stuff up anyway. But the entire chronology is fucked up owing to forty years of revisiting the universe and, especially, the same single year (and mostly a couple of months within it!) repeatedly.
    Feb 18, 2019
    Robotninja likes this.
  6. Seru
    Seru
    Zeon were a good faction run by evil people, it's what Gundam does.

Mind, I would have gotten the United Maintenance Plan up and running ASAP, had Char posted far from Amuro, and focused on making sure all the Experimental Weapons got properly produced with Good Pilots.
    Feb 18, 2019
  7. Queen Fiona
    Queen Fiona
    It's sort of difficult because I want a narrative-heavy quest, but the premise of 'changing the war through engineering' requires not only a firm idea of what that *means* (which means at least loose mechanics), but an encyclopedic knowledge of the One Year War and all its miscellaneous pilots I simply don't possess - and doubt anyone in the West *does*. I'm mostly working off G Generation Genesis, if I'm honest.
    Feb 18, 2019
    Robotninja likes this.
  8. Queen Fiona
    Queen Fiona
    On the topic of Zeon: Where Tomino's early UC narrative is concerned, the theme of Newtypes is supplemented by a thread of individuals being good but large organizations inevitably falling into corruption at best and fascism at worst. Certainly, ZZ Gundam and the original Tomino Gundam novel trilogy play that out, with the perhaps-unintentional theme of 'democracy simply doesn't work'.
    Feb 18, 2019
    Robotninja likes this.
  9. Queen Fiona
    Queen Fiona
    Thus the idea of Newtypes being able to communicate in perfect clarity - a sort of universal democracy, and the tragedy of their use in war and to uphold fascism.

But then you add in non-Tomino works, and it gets more complicated. Especially with Unicorn, since prior to that non-Tomino UC works didn't overlap so much thematically (see 0080, 0083, 08th MS Team) - but Unicorn directly works with the Newtype myth.
    Feb 18, 2019
    Robotninja likes this.
  10. Robotninja
    Robotninja
    BTW- How is the update for your current quest coming?
    Feb 24, 2019
  11. Queen Fiona
    Queen Fiona
    It's coming along. IRL matters and minor cases of the plotbunnies are interfering and I can no longer recycle content, so the update pace will likely be a bit slower, but I have a reasonable idea of what's going to happen in it.
    Feb 26, 2019
    Robotninja likes this.