1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Comments on Profile Post by Queen Fiona

1. LurkingInTheDeceit
    LurkingInTheDeceit
    That sentence seems really strangely formulated. After staring at it for awhile, I think it’s because you’ve said you’ll never know why right after stating the reason why.
    Dec 18, 2020
    Evilhippy likes this.
  2. Queen Fiona
    Queen Fiona
    It's because the rule was ultimately implemented to defend those people for saying...a certain word, let's say.

But it's not good enough for them, because the rule said 'if a real person doesn't want you to use this word to refer to them or in their thread, don't'.
    Dec 18, 2020
    Evilhippy likes this.
  3. Queen Fiona
    Queen Fiona
    They're idiots who don't realize they've been given carte blanche to say it all they like, or perhaps they're just so self-important that they need girls like yours truly to very prominently and personally know they hate us specifically.
    Dec 18, 2020
    matacusa and Evilhippy like this.
  4. Queen Fiona
    Queen Fiona
    It's a good idea to look at the people who are celebrating one of your decisions or reading a work, and evaluate them based on that.

So if your decision is surrounded by people complaining about 'SJWs' or saying even this will turn you into SV/Resetera, well...
    Dec 18, 2020
    Evilhippy likes this.
  5. LurkingInTheDeceit
    LurkingInTheDeceit
    I get all that and understood what you were referring to, but the sentence itself didn’t seem to make sense (‘this is why but I’ll never know why’).
    Dec 18, 2020
    Evilhippy likes this.
  6. LurkingInTheDeceit
    LurkingInTheDeceit
    On the rule itself: It is just ‘codifying’ what was already the case moderating-wise, so I’m slightly unsure of its necessity? I guess it might be helpful for newbies, or standardising moderation if there’s some differences of opinion in staff.
    Dec 18, 2020
    Evilhippy likes this.
  7. Queen Fiona
    Queen Fiona
    I think staff are just annoyed people keep calling them transphobes. Funny, that.
    Dec 18, 2020
    Evilhippy and LurkingInTheDeceit like this.
  8. Evilhippy
    Evilhippy
    Is this about the rule addition? Do you know what triggered that?
    Dec 18, 2020
  9. Queen Fiona
    Queen Fiona
    I mean, unless there's some other rule I don't know about, maybe?
    Dec 18, 2020
    LurkingInTheDeceit and Evilhippy like this.
  10. Queen Fiona
    Queen Fiona
    Long-term, recurring periods of people being mad at the mods about their policy regarding A Certain Word, and associated accusations, including some prominent members or incidents here or there.

Short-term? No idea if there was one specific incident in this case. A couple weeks ago I heard rumblings about one of those 'prominent complainers', but I don't know anything happened with her specifically recently.
    Dec 18, 2020
    LurkingInTheDeceit and Evilhippy like this.
  11. Evilhippy
    Evilhippy
    Huh, what an oddity then, cause it kinda came out of no where.

I personally kinda cringe when I hear/see "that word". I mean, it seems like it could be really offensive cause it's based on well, people getting hurt/killed as a stupid panic defense. I see it used, if not a lot, then at least regularly and I kinda cringe sometimes.
    Dec 18, 2020
    Queen Fiona likes this.
  12. Evilhippy
    Evilhippy
    I don't really want to offend anyone by using it but I don't know the general opinion on it either.
    Dec 18, 2020
  13. Queen Fiona
    Queen Fiona
    It's generally fairly safe not to use it because alternatives exist ('femboy' seems to be the one of the moment). And personally I do enjoy seeing a cute boy getting fucked from time to time, you know?

But my short answer is that your initial instinct is more or less correct.
    Dec 18, 2020
    matacusa and Evilhippy like this.
  14. LurkingInTheDeceit
    LurkingInTheDeceit
    Going by the thread on the rule change and every time it’s come up on QQ that I’ve seen, the majority are pretty defensive of their right to use it. I try not to, for the same reason that I try and stick to they/them, but the local culture seems to heavily lean towards the opinion ‘It’s either harmless, or a compliment’.
    Dec 18, 2020
    Evilhippy likes this.
  15. Queen Fiona
    Queen Fiona
    I'm writing up a thing to explain my feelings on the situation to my friends, it's fairly complicated for a bunch of reasons. I might clean it up from certain information and PM it to people or post it...*somewhere*.

Anyway. Not using it is perfectly safe and loses very little, and the particular aesthetic and genre has not lost any popularity, so dying on this hill seems kinda pointless to me?
    Dec 18, 2020
    Evilhippy likes this.
  16. Evilhippy
    Evilhippy
    " I do enjoy seeing a cute boy getting fucked from time to time, you know?"
    :) Yes, I too enjoy that.

But yeah, striking one word from my written vocabulary that I don't think I've ever utter out loud seems pretty easy to me. I don't see why anyone would want to use such a devise word but what do I know.

Oh well I guess. Welp, I'm off to bed, I hope you have a nice day Queen Fi!
    Dec 18, 2020
    Queen Fiona likes this.
  17. Queen Fiona
    Queen Fiona
    I know a lot of people who are upset about this, myself included, and we're all here largely because the alternative is 'not having NSFW content'.

I've written tons of stuff that, if the majority of the site were like the people in that thread, would not be anywhere near as popular as it is. I think it's just a situation of forum politics involving only a minority of people, as usual.
    Dec 18, 2020
    Evilhippy likes this.
  18. Queen Fiona
    Queen Fiona
    If you want me to talk about it more, do PM me~
    Dec 18, 2020
    Evilhippy likes this.
  19. Evilhippy
    Evilhippy
    Another time perhaps, I work nights and gotta get a tiny bit of sleep in lol.
    Dec 18, 2020
  20. LurkingInTheDeceit
    LurkingInTheDeceit
    Though, as defending your right to use the word is in line with the moderation policy, and telling people they can’t is automatically rule 8, an environment where the defenders of the right to use being the loudest and most active just makes sense. Basically, local culture isn’t necessarily the same as majority opinion (not saying it isn’t, but more that you can’t accurately judge).
    Dec 18, 2020
    matacusa, Queen Fiona and Evilhippy like this.