1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

A Certain Misfortunate Operator [RailDex]

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Mager1221, May 7, 2023.

1. Threadmarks: Prologue: A Certain Incident
    Mager1221

Mager1221 An Explosive Idea

So this is mostly cross posting, but I think it's time I posted here instead of lurking so enjoy this... I'll make a dedicated NSFW version if it starts to cross into that somewhere.

Academy City of Science and Technology, a landlocked sovereign city-state whose territory consists of a walled enclave within the Tokyo Metropolitan Employment Area, a metropolis of schools, research, development, and strange, almost impossible technology with vast and varied research projects carried out throughout the sprawling city's breadth and reach.

Many lives had been enriched beyond their natural talents through the Academy City's Power Curriculum Program, such individuals should they succeed became ESPers, commanding latent abilities unlocked the program range from simple telekinesis to the absolute limits of human imagination.

A land of marvels and almost magical creation, but like every land of marvel, there is a criminal underworld, the dark side of the city as many would say, hidden in its dark side is organized crime, human experimentation, espionage, and assassinations, all reaching to the very top of the city's administration.

It is a normal night for Academy City, the nightlife is vibrant, the Dark Side of Academy city is operating and the more Organized Skill Out Gang is out in force. Operating in the dark night is Judgement's Special Duties Unit or as some called it the Dark Side of Judgement or it’s more famous nickname amongst other Dark Side factions, the Official Dark Side of Academy City.

In one of the Warehouses in School District 7, a weapons deal is on going, stacks of crates and crates fill the warehouse in the middle of it are two group of people, one side has all the signs of the street gang of Academy City Skill Out, the other are a group of five people, four with guns, two AKs and two with suitcases in between the two is an open crate of Soviet made AKMs.

Unbeknownst to the two sides outside, inside a very generic and inconspicuous looking box truck is a bunch of monitors and communications gear, on the main screen is the weapons deal in full High Definition.

“The groceries are on the table, we are ready to cook.” one of the teens watching the screen radioed in.

All around the warehouse, vans and box trucks of various colours opened up and teenagers all wearing black Nomex jumpsuits with Tactical Vital Plate Carrier Vests, drop leg holsters, shin guards, elbow guards and Balaclavas hiding their faces all rushed out running to the warehouse, the only thing that is noticable is the green armband on their right arm.

Everyone one of them Armed with a SIG-Sauer MPX Standard submachine gun with ACS stock, weaponlight, and either a ACOG scope or holosight or red dot scope or just plain iron sights.

Some are not even armed with the Submachine guns, but are either carrying the Remington 870 Police Magnum with fixed or folding stock and dedicated forend weaponlight or their standard issue SIG-Sauer P320 Compact with weaponlight/laser module.

On the rooftops surrounding the warehouse, teenagers also wearing black Nomex Jumpsuits with Plate Carriers, drop leg holsters, Shin Guards, and Balaclavas appeared all armed with SIG-Sauer SSG 3000 with night vision adapter, Harris bipod and suppressor, all trained on the warehouse.

Each teens thirty in total, divided themselves into groups of six and covered each warehouse entrance, locks are cut, and doors are quietly open as the teams spread out and quietly surround the two groups.

Just as the Skill Out and the Arms Dealer Representatives were about to shake hands to seal the deal the lights around the warehouse were turned on blinding some of them but most importantly, it revealed them to the light, and the sights of the Black Clad Operators, all on various vantage points where they have a clear line of sight.

“DON’T MOVE! YOU ARE ALL UNDER ARREST UNDER THE FIREARMS AND SWORD POSSESSION CONTROL ACT OF ACADEMY CITY!” A voice announced, this caused everyone to steady their aim.

This causes the many of the Skill Out members to look around in worry, while the Arms Dealers calmly look around as if they are taking in their current situation, weapons still on hand, thus most Judgement's SDU Operators have their weapons aim at them.

“DROP YOUR WEAPON!” The voice commanded. As if triggered by the command, two of the Arms Dealers with the suitcase produced AKS-74u Carbines from their suitcases, while the ones with the AKs open fire onto the various containers and boxes, forcing the SDU Operators to take cover from the gun fire, some began returning fire.

Bullets started flying everywhere the SDU tried to suppress the Arms Dealer only for the reply coming back in the from of 7.62 or 5.45 from the Arms Dealers AKs, but the only lucky thing is that all the Skill Out members aren’t crazy enough to grab the AKMs in the crates and join the shooting.

“SHOTS FIRED!” One of the SDU Operator radioed in before getting up and shooting one of the Arms Dealer with his Shotgun, the 12-gauge pellets didn’t even penetrate the Arms Dealers’ suit letting them fall to the floor without even flinching, the man turned towards him and fired his AK, suppressing the operator. “These bastards got body armor!” He radioed, as he ducked down behind the metal crate.

“Roger.” One of the Operators on the ground floor replied, looking at his MPX, he flicked the fire selector before taking aim, with careful aim, he shot one of the Arms Dealers in the legs, a brust took out one leg before the second one took out the second leg.

The screams of pain got their attention, as they turn to shoot at the one who manage to hurt one of them, another SDU Operator appeared, this time it was a headshot, clean and precise, the shot hit true, blood and brain matter splatter the guy next to him and in his shock left him open to a couple of bursts to the legs which cause the last Arms Dealer to grab his last and only friend out of the battlezone.

But in his haste he forgot to check his surroundings and he ran into a glove clad fist of an SDU Operator, knocking him unconscious, the other arms dealer found himself shoved into the nearest crate and found himself bound by zip cuffs, the unconscious one is dragged by one of the SDU Operators behind another crate and cuffed by the operator.

In the lull of the battle, one of the Skill Out members tried to reach one of the fallen AK, only to flinch when a bullet struck a crate next to him. “Don’t move!” One of the SDU Operators shouted, as the Operators appeared from their hiding places and advanced on the centre of the warehouse.

As the SDU Operators moved in, one of the Skill Out members jumped up and drew out a Colt .45 and took aim, only one of the SDU Operators to tackled him on to the floor, but while tackling the gun went off, but it didn’t hit anyone so most of the Operators ignored it.

“Clear!” The Operator who tackled the Skill Out member shouted as he threw away the gun.

As the Skill Out members are being cuffed, the one Operator was getting up from the guy he tackled when they heard a ping, looking up both look with horror as the spoon of a Grenade safety clip fell down slowly and each ping sounding like a countdown, looking up they saw that the safety clip is from a AN/M14 incendiary grenade on top of an ammunition crate.

Eyes widened they both jumped and ran to opposite sides shouting. “GRENADE!” Getting everyone’s attention just as the Grenade detonated and started burning the box of ammo, with eyes widen in terror they all drag any Skill Out member into cover just as the ammo detonated, sending hot let out of the metal container the Arms Dealers were storing their guns and ammo in.

The SDU Operator closest to the burning ammo, quickly dash and closed the container, containing the cook off inside the metal container, just as he closed it, he saw the guy he tackled exiting the now unguarded entrance, the alleyway entrance and the only one without a Sniper covering it.

“Mother…!” Swearing under his breath he gave chase, letting his MPX to dangle on to his side by the three-point sling. “7 Sword 6 in foot pursuit of suspect from the Arms Deal!” He shouted into his headset, letting Dispatch know what was going on. “STOP RUNNING!” He shouted, even if the noise was muffled by his balaclava.

Even weighed down by at least 30 Kg of gear, he still keep up his pursuit, chasing the Skill Out member down the night time streets of Academy, not many people are out and about, those who are out, ignored the chase, but even if no one is looking at them, the SDU Operator is never alone, via the various CCTV Cameras all over the City keep track of the two as they continue to go through dark alleyways and busy streets and it was about to end.

“Suspect is entering the JonaGarden Family Restaurant!” He panted a bit, and quickly drew his pistol instead of his MPX. “I’m moving in to clear and secure.” He added, entering the restaurant to clear it of civilians and secure the scene.

Just as he entered the restaurant, he saw the one thing that forced him to release a cold sweat, the Skill Out member is talking to his leader from a well known group of delinquents who apparently have been operating as Skill Out below the radar of Intelligence, which he put in a mental note to have a few words with.

“Freeze!” He shouted, moving his body so his right arm and Judgement Armband is visible to the duo, but his gun is hidden from sight. “I’m with Judgement! You are under arrest!.” He announced to the duo whom he got the attention of. “I suggest you come in quietly/” He added.

In his thumb from his weapon hand discreetly pushed his panic button which would put out an automated alert to the network, and his passive GPS tracker became active and reinforcement would be rushing to his position in both unmarked and patrol vans of Judgement, but that hope dashed when more of the delinquents exited the bathroom.

“Fuko da…” He muttered as he eyed them all, making sure he reholster his Pistol. “GET HIM!” The leader shouted and suddenly he found himself being chased by said delinquents. “7 Sword 6 requesting back up! Code 3!” That caught the attention of every camera in the vicinity of him.

In a building in School District 7, the entire network went hot, as dispatchers immediately started to spread the information, and that cause said SDU Operator’s team now in a marked Patrol Van quickly followed the information on their monitor, showing his every location, following them are a bunch of both marked and unmarked vans, but also responding are the Vans from the surrounding area all belonging to Judgement.

Huffing and bending down to catch his breath, looking up he found himself on a bridge in School District 7 and the area was quiet… too quiet…

"I don't know what you were trying to do..." A very familiar girl drawled out. "Being the good Samaritan on saving those delinquents must be pretty stupid... So I took care of them."

The SDU Operator pulled off his Balaclava to help the airflow instead of letting the mask restrict his airflow. “You know Bribri.” He started with a huff. “That was a very irresponsible thing to do.”

The girl, Mikoto Misaka, Level 5 Electromaster, and known as Bribri to our operator, looked surprised at the person she thought was an idiot… which to her, is still an idiot. “YOU!” She shouted which then she suddenly grinned. "Well, do you know what a railgun is?" Misaka asked grinning while flipping a coin into the air.

The SDU Operator nodded in reply. “A weapon using electromagnetic force to launch high velocity projectiles.” He drawled out in reply.

"I see..." She then charged the coin with electricity as she flipped into the air and flicked it towards the Operator, as the coin however was not aimed at his body he didn’t dodge but stood unperturbed by the show of power.

"Did you use that against them?" The Operator inquired dreading the paperwork he would have to do, which he cursed his damned luck.

"What do you think I am?" She asked sarcastically. "An idiot? Of course not! But there's still one person I haven't fried today."

Any other person would be nervous if this was the first time in the receiving end of a electric attack, but the constant challenges had served to null his feeling regarding the impending attack, nevertheless, he didn't want to still be on the receiving end of an attack, the paperwork itself would be a nightmare to deal with. "Hey now, I'm a..."

Misaka didn't let him continue and instead released a torrent of lightning towards him, in which he acted by placing his right hand in front of him which acted like a lightning rod and quickly attracted and dispelled the attack, his mysterious ability had once again saved him from an esper attack.

"If you're really a level 0, then how come you survived that unharmed?" Misaka asked as if thinking that was what the Operator was about to say.

"I don't know how to put it. Supernatural abilities, good luck, esper powers, all is canceled by my right hand." The SDU Operator looked menacingly towards Misaka. "This is your misfortune."

Misaka took a step back, for a moment looking frightened, wondering how can a level 0 come out of that unharmed, she blasted another torrent of lightning towards him until she collapsed to the ground.
    "I win this battle, Biribiri!" The operator said as triumphantly as he could despite the fact that he was having difficulty breathing due to not just the electricity in the air but also running a very long way. "So… give up!"

This had apparently pissed her off, "Damn you!" Lightning surged from the sky, destroying all the electrical circuits in a one mile radius, also putting the area into a blackout, only allowing the EMP protected Judgement Vans with their lights and sirens to light up the area.

Exiting the van, the team leader walked up to the battleground and could only chuckle. “Really Touma.” He chuckled standing above the kneeling operator. “Can’t you and your Girlfriend fight another time?” He joked out loud as the rest of the SDU operators started laughing, which caused the two to blush like a ripe tomato.

“SHUT UP!” The two shouted in embarrassment. Touma Kamijou, Judgement SDU Operator, secret Level 1 AIM Manipulator, and officially Level 0 Esper. “Will you just shut up Commander Namikaze.” Touma muttered to his Commander, Takashi Namikaze, Level 5 Elemental Manipulator, Commander of the SDU.

For Touma, this summer just started, but it was just the beginning.

Author's Note: So I'm trying to get back into writing and in this economy, I hope to have some help from my readers, so please donate to me on my Paypal or to subscribe to my Patreon.

If I can be a full time writer it will be a fun one, but I also make YouTube videos which is mostly gaming stuff, which doesn't cut into my writing due to this taking most of my interest.

So every bit counts and thank you if you donate.

2. Threadmarks: Chapter 1: The Aegis of Judgment
    Mager1221

In wartime, truth is so precious that she should always be attended by a bodyguard of lies.
    +=-0-=+1+=-0-=+​
    Flashback - 5 years ago - Streets of Academy City, Unknown District

Touma using all his physical strength to kept running, dodging the mercenaries those damn researchers hired to hunt him down, he cursed his Esper ability, as much as he elated to get an Esper ability, being hunted down by morally corrupt, or bankrupt in this case, researchers was the last thing in his mind.

The only things in his mind are the weight of the body armor he stole, the pistol in his hand and what ability he should use to dodge his pursuers, using his acquired and copied Clairvoyance ability he spotted some familiar faces on the overhead pedestrian crossing all laying down.

On the overhead pedestrian crossing, a bunch of 10 year olds all wearing body armor, tactical gear and armed with shotguns, some AR-15 Carbines and MP5 SMGs laid down, hidden by the low wall where the railings are attached too.

Just as he passed the overhead pedestrian crossing, the mercenaries appeared blocking his escape, stopping he took a step back and took aim with the Beretta he looted off one of the mercs, the only out is the way he came in but people, probably more mercs, are already reaching the way he came from.

He’s trapped, or he thinks he was when said group of merc appeared to be more people he recognized, all wearing body armor and tactical gear unlike those on the overhead pedestrian crossing, they don’t look armed, in fact they look like a bunch of gunslingers readying for a shootout.

Hands at what appeared to be holsters, it clicked in Touma’s mind and he suddenly dropped down to his stomach, with that, his friends drew their pistols and revolvers of various makes and models, and those on the overhead pedestrian crossing appeared with long guns.

In a matter of seconds the street echoed in a symphony of gunfire, in what felt like hours, but only for a few seconds, there were 10 dead mercenaries and 35 armed teenagers already policing the merc’s weapons as sirens grew louder.

+=-0-=+1+=-0-=+
    In wartime, truth is so precious that she should always be attended by a bodyguard of lies.
    +=-0-=+1+=-0-=+​
    Present - Judgement DSG District 7 Compound

Sergeant Kamijou Touma, Judgment Special Duties Unit Operator of the 7th District Support Group.

Officially Level 0 in various Records, unofficially at least visibly a Level 1 of unknown ability, some say it is an ability to manipulate AIM Diffusion Field and disable Esper Powers, others say it’s energy manipulation allowing him to absorb energies from Esper Powers.

But a select few in the board and in the SDU know of Touma’s true power due to that experiment with a Kihara, luckily it’s classified and no one knows that Touma is the 8th Level 5 Esper of Academy City, the Power Nullifier and Copier.

But the down side with this power is that he has the most schizophrenic luck, it is an unquestionable constant problem in his daily life, his friends and co-workers knew it, and he pleaded to the sick entity that played his life like a fiddle for once in his life to have something good every morning, which usually means the minute he exited his dorm room.

Luckily being an SDU member is more of a part time thing than a full time operational requirement, in the down time, Sergeant Kamijou Touma when not in the SDU is a Sergeant in the District Support Group, in the 7th District Support Group part of the Tactical Unit.

Now he’s wearing the Judgment DSG’s summer uniform, a short-sleeved olive green tunic-style tropical field shirt, and olive green trousers based on the Royal Hong Kong Police’s Summer Uniform, the only difference is that the DSG Uniform doesn’t use a sam bowie belt, and they also wear a black stab vest with a green and white stripe, also the Judgment Armband over their right sleeves,

Thus the first thing he read on the incident reports is a bombing spree caused by an esper using his graviton ability on aluminium metals and hidden it inside stuffed animals, and the only esper capable to do that is in a coma, and apparently they’re targeting Judgment Officers which caused a few injuries, but luckily after the first few times, they called in Group 8 i.e the bomb squad that lowered the casualties a little with the bomb robot.

Luckily they don’t have to deal with that yet, for now, so now he can concentrate on the morning briefing for A Relief, which should be a simple morning affair instead of the usual madhouse when the gang war between the Skill-Out gangs kicks off, as he open the door to the briefing room he could hear the chatter.

“Alright everyone settle down!” Touma announced and the room immediately quieted down as they looked towards their Sergeant. “I got the morning briefs here.” He added as he passed out all the files he had on hand to the entire relief, they started to pass them around to the entire room, from Constables to Corporals they all got the files for the morning briefing.

“We have a few problems, most of which, Group 8 has more on file but we’re on alert for it.” Touma explained to everyone who is paying close attention when Group 8 was mentioned. “We have a slew of bombings, the suspect is an esper with a graviton ability, but their main suspect is in a coma and the bombing is at least Level 4.” He explained to the group, “The main danger is that the bomber is upgrading to hiding it to stuff animals from the early garbage bins incidents. So everyone keep an eye out and stay on alert.” Touma let out a sigh before continuing this caused some chattering. “On page two we have a new issue, word on the street, intel is that there is a new toy or drug on the streets, nicknamed Level-Upper.”

At that everyone turned a page and was very interested.

“Word on the street is that the mystery item can power up an esper’s ability and raise a level or two, the problem is that most of these are hearsay with no actual evidence.” Touma explained, before looking at the file. “So keep your ears open and try to figure out what the Level-Upper is.”

That caused people to whisper in curiosity about what is the Level-Upper.

“Now for assignments!” Touma exclaimed and the room immediately quieted down.

As the morning briefing continued at the third floor of the former School now the District Support Group Station/ DSG District 7 Compound is the Office for the District Commander for District 7, inside Commander Raymond Cryer, is talking to his Chief Inspector, Rinko Takayama, mostly about the current incidents for the day.

“So besides the Graviton Bombings, we have the rumours of the Level-Upper.” Raymond mentioned.

“Nothing much on that end, Criminal Intel and the Anti-Skill Detectives didn’t have much on it.” Rinko replied. “Mostly empty rumours from online forums, nothing much to support a case on it.”

“Right, so in that case, the most we can do is keep an ear and eye out and either prove or disprove the existence to the Level Upper.” Raymond sighed, sometimes he wondered why he took this job.

“It’s the only way to do this Ray.” Rinko replied also with a sigh.

“Ok then, we will just have to place our trust in our officers to do this job right and correctly, hopefully without any more incidents like last night.” Raymond added as he stood up to get more tea.

“At least it is not as bad as 5 years ago, Ray.” Rink replied, taking a sip of her tea.

“5 years ago was a nightmare fueled disaster we avoided mostly by being more tactical than our opponents Rinko.” Raymond replied as he stirred the tea. “We were lucky that they were cocky and misjudged our abilities to respond to lethal threats.” He added.

“But we did get better, Ray.” Rinko replied, standing up and grabbing her files.

“We did, we now have made a fundamental change to Judgment, especially in its role as a Student Disciplinary Committee into what is basically the London Metropolitan Police.” Raymond replied to Rinko as she walked to the door that connected their offices.

“I think change is coming, Ray.” Rinko started as she opened the door. “We just speed it up.” She ended as she entered her office and locked the door.

In another part of the Compound, another briefing is being conducted, this time is for the Rapid Deployment Troops for the Judgment DSG’s Tactical Unit, the unit is made up of SDU members, hand pick for being able to ride motorcycles and shoot on the move and on the motorcycle, which allowed them to be very effective.

“And that’s the assignments.” Commander Namikaze ended his briefing. “Any questions he asked.”

“Yeah, do we have any idea on the weather?” One of the black clad operators asked.

“Sunny all day.” Namikaze replied with a snark. “Any serious questions?”

“Yeah I have one, what if we’re the target for the Graviton Bomber?” Another black clad operator asked.

“We adapt and improvise.” Namikaze replied. “We trained for this, either our fellow Judgment Officers or teammates, we are trained for this.” At that everyone nodded and muttered in agreement.

“Alright, off to your assignments.” Namikaze dismissed them.

+=-0-=+1+=-0-=+
    Who Dares Win
    +=-0-=+1+=-0-=+​

Present - Judgement District 7 Compound

At the armoury of the DSG District 7 Compound, the Judgment DSG Officers are getting their duty weapon and their issued ammunition from the armourer, while Judgment as a service has espers the DSG is unique in that they also took in Level 0s and such while they have powers the role of the District Support Group means that they should not go unarmed.

As such most Judgment DSG Officers are armed with the Smith & Wesson 360PD in .38 Special for their duty weapon and the Taser X26P for their non-lethal option, for heavier firepower, the DSG Officers have SIG Sauer MPX with EOTech sights and the Remington 870 Shotgun, anything bigger like a 5.56 AR would be only meant for the Rapid Response Team and the SDU Team.

But even then not all the Judgment DSG Officers uses ARV Patrol Cars or Specialist Carrier Vans, but also motorcycles and bicycles, and those using the motorcycles and bicycles would be wearing high-visibility stab vests, over their Summer Judgment Uniforms, but for many it would be a normal day for them, going out on patrol, coming back later.

As such a crowd of officers all went to their assigned duty vehicles for the day and prepared for their day on patrol in District 7.

“So any ideas for Level-Upper?” A big bodied Teen asked his partner as they walked towards their Ford Focus ST.

“I would say either a drug or an experimental item, Shinji.” His partner, a tall and lean Teen replied going towards the passenger side.

“Well, I wouldn’t put a worry into it, the issue we’re going to see right now is the Graviton bomber.” The big bodied Teen replied with a chuckle as they entered their patrol vehicle.

Suddenly the big bodied teen reversed out of the parking lot and quickly pulled out of the parking bay and into the streets of District 7.

“Damn it Tony!” Shinji exclaimed as they passed by Touma who was walking towards one of the Specialist Carrier Vans with a team of Judgment DSG Officers from the Tactical Unit.

“Where to Sarge?” The Driver asked Touma who entered the back of the van with most of the team.

“To the Park, we have some high-profile patrols and security needed there, mostly because of the amount of unarmed Judgment Officers are going to do a search and clean up operation to make sure the park is safe.” Touma explained to the Drive.

“Right away then.” The Driver chuckled as he pulled away from the bay and into the streets of District 7.

As everyone went out on patrol, two Judgment DSG Officers from C relief arrived on scene for a collapse person's call, while it was near the DSG Compound, these two officers were called in because they were heading back. When they got there, they saw a crowd surrounding something, so they parked their ARV Patrol Car and headed out on foot to see what was going on.

“Well Noriko, looks like we found our scene.” The male DSG officer told his partner.

“Well Kai, we still have to get through the crowd.” The female DSG officer replied to her partner.

“Judgment! Make way!” Noriko called out as they got through the crowd. They both kept calling out to make way when they saw their victim being treated by two regular Judgment members.

“What’s the problem?” Noriko asked the male Judgment member standing guard.

“Our victim suddenly collapsed and while she’s breathing we don’t know what’s going on with her.” The male Judgment member replied. “I had Kanami here to perform first aid as much as we can.”

“Right, an ambulance is on the way,so we’ll take care of her.” Noriko replied before kneeling beside Kanami, the female Judgment member.

“How is she?” Noriko asked the female Judgment member.

“She’s fine, breathing, no fever or even any visible injuries or discomfort.” Kanami replied to Noriko. “She just collapsed for some reason.”

“Well then, let’s hope the hospital has something to help her with.” Noriko replied as the sounds of an ambulance’s siren grew closer and closer.

“Yeah, I agree with you on that one.” Kanami replied as the crowd parted ways for the Paramedics to get through,

+=-0-=+1+=-0-=+
    Who Dares Win
    +=-0-=+1+=-0-=+​

Present - Somewhere in District 7

In an alleyway, a pair of bullies decided to target someone bumping into them by beating him up against the alleyway wall.

“Oh, look, the little twerp wants to argue.” The bully sneered, launching a kick on the teenager.

“OI!” Came a shout and the two looked to the other side and saw two Judgment DSG Officers running towards them.

“Ah nuts! It’s Judgment, book it!” One of the bullies screamed before running away.

“Stop!” One of the Judgment DSG Officers shouted as the two bullies ran past Misaka and Konori, pushing and ignoring the two as the two DSG Officers gave chase.

Misaka stood up and dust some dirt away as she looked at the fleeting figures of two DSG Officers chasing after the two teenagers, ignoring the chase she went to the teenager that the bullies were beating up to render aid.

“Hey, are you alright?” Misaka asked.

“A little late don’t you think?” The teen replied, muffled as he stumbled away.

“Well, that’s just rude.” Misaka said to herself before Konori called her back.

While Misaka and Konori start talking about what just happened and where they haven’t look for the bag, the two DSG Officers are catching up with the bullies.

“PC 340 and 363, In pursuit of two IC5 males, brown hair, white shirts and black pants, one has a ponytail!” Takato pant into the radio as he and his partner gave chase.Suddenly the sounds of sirens echoed about and suddenly a Ford Focus ST DSG ARV Car blocked the exit and the two bullies stumbled upon each other trying to stop.

“Alright you two!” Tony shouted as he and Shinji exited the Ford Focus. “You two are nicked!” He announced as Takato and Daisuke arrived and started to cuff the duo.”You both ok?” Tony asked the duo.

“Yeah I’m fine, nothing Daisuke and I couldn’t handle.” 340 replied a little winded from the chase.

“Yeah what Takato said.” 363 now named Daisuke replies to Tony and Shinji as another ARV Car arrives as back up..

They separated both delinquents and put them each in the back of the each ARV Patrol Car while Daisuke and Takato each guarding one of the delinquents, with the suspects secured in the back of each patrol car, they headed to the closest Judgment Branch Office to book them before an Anti-Skill prisoner van will take them to the detention centre.

While this was going on, a number of the Group 6 teams are activated to help search for a missing bag for a kid, it was stolen by a dog and it’s a pink bag with pink flowers on it, as such there is a sudden increased of uniformed Judgment Officers, mostly from the DSG, to hunt the dog which means that they’re going to every spot a dog might hide.

Fortunately for Misaka, none of the Group 6 DSG Officers deployed recognized her but that wouldn’t last if one of the Patrolling Group 7 DSG Officers came to help, but for the moment Misaka is dealing with a couple of kids who are trying to figure out why she was wearing pants until the dog that was in the report came by carrying the bag.

“Oh look, a dog!” A Kid exclaimed, causing Misaka to look at the dog.

“Got you!” Misaka exclaimed, causing the dog to look at her and then flee, causing Misaka to run after the dog.

“Konori quick!” Misaka exclaimed, causing Konori, who was looking in the bushes, to look at the dog.

“Stop right there!” Konori shouted as she quickly stood up and tried to give chase only to have her foot stuck in the bushes fence and causing her to fall.

“I can take care of this!” Misaka replied to Konori as she gave chase. “It’s fast.” Misaka mutters as she tries to close in. “I don’t have any choice!” Misaka snarled as she used her power to overload a streetlight in front of the dog. The Dog yelped in terror and threw the bag by accident just as Misaka grabbed the dog. Misaka grunted and looked at the dog before realising the bag was missing.

“Look out!” Konori shouted seeing the bag falling towards the water fountain.

“No!” Misaka in pure terror used her power to rush towards the fountain and grab the bag. “It’s mine now!” She manages to grab the bag, but falls into the fountain in the process.

“Misaka?!” Konori asked with worry as she and a bunch of kids walked towards the fountain.

“Target safely acquired.” Misaka replied, soaking wet, but the bag was clean and dry. Konori could only release a sigh of relief at the sight

“Well done Misaka.” Konori congratulated as she grabbed the bag from the soaking Level 5.

“Woah!” Misaka flinched. “Don’t you think you should handle it more gently, and shouldn’t we be calling for the bomb squad now?” Misaka asked Konori, who looked very confused.

“What are you talking about?” Konori couldn’t help asking.

+=-0-=+1+=-0-=+
    Maxim 3: An ordnance technician at a dead run outranks everybody.
    +=-0-=+1+=-0-=+​

By the evening, of it most of the Group 6 DSG Officers are dismissed and left Konori and Misaka at the park, then a DSG Van arrived and it dropped off Sgt Touma, Kuroko and Uiharu along with the little girl, who lost her bag, at the park while the rest of his team stood back, as they walked to the park, they are greeting by Konori by the entrance.

Upon seeing the bag in Konori’s hand, the kid gleefully ran towards her, Konori kneeled down and gave her the bag back. “Here, try not to lose it again.” Konori told the kid.

“Yeah!.” The little girl replied in agreement as she happily looked at her bag.

“That was really good work.” Kuroko couldn’t help compliment as they walked closer to her. “I knew Konori would come through.”

“I’m not the one who found it actually.” Konori replied, looking back at the bench.

“What are you doing here!” “It’s Misaka!” “Zapper!” Kuroko, Uiharu and Touma exclaimed in shock.

“I’m sorry, I didn’t know you were acquainted with Misaka.” Konori replied, confused at their reaction.

“Um, acquainted with her?” Kuroko couldn’t help but as..

“That’s Mikoto Misaka, you know from Tokiwadai.” Uiharu helped explain.

“Mikoto Misaka.” Konori muttered before recognizing the name. “You don’t mean the railgun?” Konori asked the trio.

“Yes, the Railgun.” Touma sighed, probably knowing what had happened.
    “Well yeah,” Uiharu replied before looking confused. “But why is she here?”

“More importantly, why is she soaking wet?” Kuroko asked looking at Misaka.

“Oh about that, she actually dove into the fountain to protect the bag.” Konori explained, looking a little prideful.”Apparently, she was convinced there was a bomb inside the bag.” Konori smiled.

“Hey is that?” Uiharu finally realising what Misaka is wearing on her right sleeve.

“Seriously, how could this have happened after all the lectures I have given her?” Kuroko couldn’t help and asked upon recognizing what Misaka was wearing.

“That’s Misaka for you, stubborn and prideful.” Touma couldn’t help but comment.

“Hey now, this is totally something she would do.” Uiharu couldn’t help reply.

Suddenly Touma’s radio blared and it got his attention, listening in via the headset, he carefully listens in before replying. “Sergeant 79 responding.” Touma replied before looking at the girls. “Sorry gotta go girls.” Touma said before running back to the van leaving the duo to deal with Misaka.

+=-0-=+1+=-0-=+
    +=-0-=+1+=-0-=+​

In front of the Green Mart a couple of DSG Vans arrived sirens blaring deploying a bunch of Group 7 and Group 8 DSG Officers and a couple of regular Judgment Officers, the Group 8 Officers unlike their regular counterparts is wearing full body armour, helmet with ballistic face shield and protective arm and leg guards.

The Group 7 Officers went and made a cordon while the two regular Judgment Officers went in and cleared the store.

“We’re with Judgment, we need everyone to evacuate the store immediately!” The female Judgment Agent announced carrying a Ballistic Riot Shield as the Group 8 Officers quickly started searching..

“Hey what’s going on here?” The manager asked. “What’s happening in my store?”

“We detected Accelerated Gravitons.” She explained.

“You what?” The manager asked.

“I’m sorry there might be a bomb hidden in this store.” She explained and that caused a panic as shoppers fled ignoring the EOD technicians searching for the bomb.

“Damn it, where is it?” One of the EOD Officers asked as he looked around before hearing a girl yelping, apparently hurting her leg due to the panic. “Are you ok?” He asked the girl.

“I’m sorry, I fell.” She replied.

“That’s ok, let’s get you out of here.“ He replies as tries to help her move, but then discovers a doll under the shelf that just started to collapse into itself. “NO NOT YET!” He exclaims before it explodes, rocking the store.

The Judgment girl had managed to protect the manager with the help of her shield, after the blast ended she goes to the girl near ground zero with a couple of EOD Officers.

“Are you ok?” She asked the girl before finding the injured body of the EOD Officer.

“I’m ok, he shielded me.” The girl replied looking at the groaning and injured EOD Officer, the Judgment Symbol in the middle of his arm guard, is the only thing not hidden by the charring from the blast.

Author's Note: So I'm trying to get back into writing and in this economy, I hope to have some help from my readers, so please donate to me on my Paypal or to subscribe to my Patreon.

If I can be a full time writer it will be a fun one, but I also make YouTube videos which is mostly gaming stuff, which doesn't cut into my writing due to this taking most of my interest.

3. Threadmarks: Chapter 2: The Abilities and Responsibilities
    Mager1221

Here's Chapter 2, Chapter 3 is now on my Patreon, you can join me on Patreon for earlier chapters, and as usual I would like to solicit some donations to my readers.

+=-0-=+1+=-0-=+
    Facta Non Verb.
    +=-0-=+1+=-0-=+​
    Flashback - 4 years ago - District 2, Judgment training grounds

In the newly built Judgment shooting range Touma and three other teens with him are firing Glock 17 Pistols by a couple of Cadets of the Metropolitan Police Service, Authorised Firearms Officer Cadets, they are grading and teaching the newly created Judgment District Support Group on how to use their newly bought equipment.

The only things in Touma’s mind is the pistol in his hand and the target in front of him, which is a simple silhouette of a man with a gun charging at him, a standard target for the Metropolitan Police Service, but for Touma and the entire DSG they weren’t Judgment Officers before the formation, some of them didn’t carry firearms until that night.

Then Touma fired his last round and suddenly the instructor behind him announced the end of the exercise. “Unload and show clear!” He announced starting to walk towards the four trainees, as he went and checked on them and their weapons. “Clear and Holster.” He said to the first trainee before continuing down the line.

Just Touma holstered his pistol, the instructor walked forward and ordered them to their targets. “The Line is clear, forward and score.”

He went to each target before walking back to the first one. “7 out of 17, we’re going to have a word for it Hikari.” He told the teenage girl before moving towards the next target, “Trying to be flashy Saito?” He asked the kid pointing at the headshot.

“Must’ve pulled instead of squeezed Sarge.” Saito replied with a straight face.

“What are you taught to aim for?” The Instructor asked.

“Central mass of the body Sarge.” Saito replied, looking at the target.

“Bear in mind that’s a bad shot.” The instructor replied pointing at the headshot before going to the next one.“15 out of 17, Good, keep it up Ishikawa.” The instructor went to the final target. “10 out of 17, that’s nice, I’ve seen better results Touma.”

At that Touma let out a sigh of relief as the instructor went on to criticise what went wrong or what they did wrong, mostly on how their shooting will effect in real life in the field, mostly on what would happen if they missed or what happened if they didn’t aim for the central mass.

+=-0-=+1+=-0-=+
    Facta Non Verb.
    +=-0-=+1+=-0-=+​
    Present - District 7

For the first time the Incident Command Centre for the entirety of District 7 is activated, and the issue is the first casualty of the Graviton Bomber attack, as such the entirety of District 7’s Judgment Force from the regular Judgment members from various Branch Offices to the Representatives of the other District’s DSG.

They also have some representatives from Anti-Skill as the bombing has gone from annoying and bad, to worse and deliberate, luckily Group 8 as the dedicated Explosives Ordnance Unit manage to keep the casualties down but the scales of the attack is getting worried some and as such Anti-Skill was also brought in to help.

Leading this briefing is the 7th District Judgment Area Command and the most noticeably the 177th Branch Office Divisional Command and respective Sub-Divisions, especially since the attacks has been going on in their Divisional Area of Responsibility, in Attendance are Commander Raymond Cryer and Chief Inspector Rinko Takayama representing District 7th’s Area Command (Group 1-7), Inspector Tadashi Komuro representing District 7th’s Explosives Ordinance Command (Group 8) and Commander Takashi Namikaze Representing Counter Terrorism Command (Group 9).

“Ever since the first series of attacks last week ago, it has been escalating ever since.” Konorii explained wearing her Judgment uniform and the rank of Chief superintendent started as the giant projector monitor behind her pulled up every single reported and confirmed incident of the Graviton Bombings. “It’s a series of Graviton attacks.” Konorii continued as the projector showed every crime scene and bomb blast. “With each new incident growing in both scale and power.”

“Jesus Christ.” One of the DSG representatives muttered.

“There is no pattern on the attacks in terms of times and locations.” Konorii continued the briefing. “And after examining the Psychometry of the evidence on the items used for the bomb, there were no results yielded.” Konorii said as the screen showed each piece of evidence Group 8 took a picture off, the only thing connecting them is that they are made out of aluminium and that they were stuffed in dolls. “As such we are cooperating with Anti-Skill to harden security in key vulnerable sites, and solve the case before the bomber strikes again.” Konorii ended the briefing.

When Konorii ended her briefing Commander Tadashi Komuro of the Explosives Ordinance Command walked up and started his briefing of what they know about the bomber, it’s M.O and what kind of damage is expected to cause, which continued lated into the night, in which Group 2 worked late in spreading intel and information far and wide to every Judgment Branch Office and DSG Station, and Anti-Skill precincts, by the next morning every piece of information they have on the wire and everyone knows what to look for.

As such by the morning time everyone was tried and that they are operating under caffeine conditions, some of the Judgment Officers didn’t eve changed into their school uniform, many of them went to school in their Judgment Uniforms, which isn’t much of a worry, only that they don’t have their equipment or Judgment attributes on them like rank or insignia or their armband.

Present - A Certain High School - District 7

Which is where we found Touma at, at A Certain High School still in his Judgment Summer Uniform mostly because he was stuck doing paperwork last night dealing with the aftermath of the bomb attack on a Group 8 Officer in the Green Mart, which caused harmed to the EOD Officer, luckily his bomb suit prevented more damage, but he’s still stuck in hospital due to the shockwave and thus has concussive injuries.

And as such Touma while not getting looks of curiosity was still getting the looks of both jealousy and adoration in which case mostly jealousy on the boys side and adoration on the girls side.

“Damn it Kami-yan!” Tsuchimikado shouted at the third part of the Delta Force, neighbour and friend.

“Why did you have to wear the uniform?!” Aogami also shouted at the final trio.

Aogami Pierce, Kamijou Touma, and Tsuchimikado Motoharu make up the "trio" of their class nickname Delta Force, they have either the lowest or mid grades in the class, but they’re more well known to be the strange trio of the class, Touma is the Judgment and straight man of the group, Aogami is the class representative and the most agile one of the group and Motoharu is the delinquent looking one but a generally nice guy.

“Because I had a long week and I didn’t do the laundry for my school uniforms, leaving me to wear my duty uniform.” Touma duly replied, still tired from last night’s paperwork.

“But Kami-yan! That uniform amplifies the Kami-yan disease!” Tsuchimikado replied dramatically as Aogami nodded in agreement.

As Aogami and Tsuchimikado continue to bicker about the fact that Touma went to school in his Judgment Uniform, Touma could only sigh and wonder if everyone else is having the same issue as he has at his school, but then again, at least there isn’t any major incidents besides the Graviton bomber problem, now that’s a headache he doesn’t need to deal at school.

Present - Sakugawa Middle School - District 7

In another school in District 7 Uiharu Kazari and her friend, Saten Ruiko, a fellow officer of Judgment as a Saten Sergeant of Judgment DSG and a member of Group 3 and a trained AFO, are in class at Sakugawa Middle School as their teacher is talking about AIM Fields when Saten started to poke at her friend Uiharu in the back with her standard issue Judgment Pen.

“Hey! What are you poking me for?” Uiharu harshly whispered as she turned and faced her friend.

“Wanna do some shopping at Seventh Mist on the way home?” Saten whispered back, adding. “I’m off duty today.”

“Yeah!” Uiharu replied happily before having a realisation. “I can’t, I still have work back at the Office.”

“You can blow it off a bit can’t you?” Saten whispered back. “Just say you are on patrol or something.”

“That won’t work.” Uiharu replied. “I love to go with you, but the Graviton case matters more right now.”

“Oh Ok.” Saten replied dejectedly.

As the days goes by, the end of school came and most of A Relief is now happy they could go to home, take a shower, do some laundry and even have a nice dinner but as night befall upon Academy City, the Graviton Bomber is already planning for another attack, and as morning comes, A Relief is now back on the streets, this time not wearing their standard issue Stab Vests but are wearing more Ballistic Kevlar vests.

For Touma and his Patrol Team they headed out to the Seventh Mist with another Patrol Team to do some high-visibility patrols, as they spread out with an internal patrol and external patrol to deter the Graviton Bomber or to dissuade any trouble with the current crisis, mostly their job is just to be visible presence against crime.

Unfortunately for Touma he found a little girl who needed some help for some clothes shopping so he offered himself as an escort and he decided to bring her into the Seventh Mist until his teammates can find either which dorm she is from so they can bring her home after the shopping, either with the ARV or the Carrier Van.

Unfortunately for everyone at the store, their normal average day is going to change surprisingly fast and violently as the Graviton Bomber just found his target, a single target who he happened to spot entering the store before the DSG Carrier Vans arrived with their patrol teams.

+=-0-=+1+=-0-=+
    Facta Non Verb.
    +=-0-=+1+=-0-=+​

Present - Seventh Mist - District 7

Touma couldn’t help but wander around nearby as the kid did her shopping and caught a glimpse of a certain brown haired girl stealthy taking a pair of children's pyjamas, deciding he has nothing better to do so he went to go to confront the girl, however, once he followed her in front of the mirror he decided to ask the one thing in his mind.

“What are you doing Bribri?” Touma asked, sounding bored as he stood behind Mikoto. “You're acting a bit suspicious.”

This immediately sent Misaka in a frenzy as she jumped backward and spun around to hide the pyjamas behind herself which unfortunately didn’t help as it was facing the mirror and thus not hiding it very well.

“Uh… I’m shopping with friends!” Mikoto replied before shouting “WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE!”

“What, am I not allowed to be here?” Touma asked Mikoto before Misaka can reply, a cry distracted them.

“Onii-chan!” A little girl’s cry echoed out, making both of them turn around to see the little girl approach them with a dress on hand.

“OH! TOKIWADAI ONEE-CHAN!” The little girl greeted Misaka who has a look of recognition.

“Onii-chan huh? I didn't know you had a younger sister.” Mikoto said to Touma who replied.

"Yeah well, I don't. She was just having some trouble finding a clothing store, so I helped her out and brought here." Touma explained, sounding bored. “Seems she nicknamed me Big Brother.”

“And now we’re here!” The little girl replied happily. “ Onii-chan picked the perfect store and I’m going to dress up real pretty and fancy and look like the grown ups on TV.”

“You will, will you?” Mikoto smiled as she crouched and patted the girl's head. “Well I think you already look pretty snazzy this way.”

“Unlike a certain somebody I know.” Touma couldn’t help commenting, and he wasn’t mentioning Misaka but another person.

“You want a piece of me?” Mikoto suddenly turned to Touma. “I’m perfectly happy to settle what we started the other day.” Mikoto told him, causing Touma to blink in confusion.

“Uh? You’re still worked up?” Touma asked Mikoto, looking confused. “Is that the only thing you think about?” Before looking around. “Here really? You want to start a fight in front of all these people?” Before anything else can happen, the little girl tugged on Touma’s Judgment issued Police Baton to get his attention.

“Hey, hey!” The girl grabs Touma’s attention. “I wanna go there.” She said pointing away.

“Oh?” Touma replied, looking down before smiling. “Then let’s go.”

“Bye bye Tokiwadai Onee-Chan!” Little girl waved as she and Touma walked away.

+=-0-=+1+=-0-=+
    Facta Non Verb.
    +=-0-=+1+=-0-=+​

Present - Judgment Branch Office 177 - District 7

Kuroko slammed her head on the Incident table and the coffee and tea in the cups jolted as it felt the vibrations caused by Kuroko's constant slamming of her head, as her fellow Judgment Agents both regular patrolmen and investigators all stare at the pile evidence in front of them.

“I'm starting to wonder if we could have two suspects both with the same MO?” Konori suggested as she grabbed the broken bottom of the aluminium spoon used in the bombings.

“Don’t be silly.” Kuroko dismissed the theory as she shifted her head to look at Konori, which caused her to immediately deflate from what Kuroko said.

“I’m grasping with straws.” Konori slumped a little. “I just can't see any connections between all of the attacks.” Konori flicked the broken spoon to the table.

“Damn it, if we don't figure this out soon, we'll have another victim in our hands and maybe more than one." Kuroko said as she sipped the coffee.

“If we just had one solid lead.” Konori bemoaned the issue. “In all 9 of the recent bombings 9 of our colleagues have been hurt already.” Konori added that while they are Group 8 EOD Officers, they are still their fellow Judgment Officers.

“9?” Kuroko asked as she stopped sipping from her cup and eyes widened in realisation.

“What are you thinking?” Konori asked Kuroko.

"That seems like an awful lot of Judgement members, don't you think?" Kuroko asked with a grimace. Suddenly they both gasped.

“Maybe we're the target!” Konori said with a shock causing everyone to stand up suddenly an alarm suddenly rang from the computer that was set to monitor Graviton readings, as the computer narrowed down to where the phenomena were taking place.

“Accelerated Gravitons have been detected!” Konori had a worried look when she saw the target.

+=-0-=+1+=-0-=+
    +=-0-=+1+=-0-=+​

Present - Seventh Mist - District 7

Suddenly every radio of active DSG and Regular Judgment Agents let out an alert that caught their attention.

<<“Attention all units in the vicinity of the Seventh Mist Store, Accelerated Gravitons have been detected, all units respond code 3!”>>

Suddenly came the replies, everyone near the Seventh Mist Store is either running towards the shopping centre or rushing their Specialist carriers into the area vicinity, which means a lot of Judgment Officers and Anti-Skill Officers are rushing towards the scene, and most of them are Group 7 and Group 8 units.

As scores of Judgment Officers started arriving in On foot, ARVs and Specialist carriers the staff announced something about a false electrical malfunction and cooperated with Judgement in evacuating the people in the store, where outside they were met by Judgment Officers in full combat armour and protective gear.

“Sergeant 79 to Dispatch, we’re on scene and are evacuating the Seventh Mist before we search for the suspect.” Touma radioed in before realising something. “Damn it, where is she?!” Touma asked when he realised the little girl was missing then he saw Mikoto exiting the store. “Mikoto, have you seen that little girl earlier?” He quickly asked.

“Huh, I thought she was with you?!” Mikoto replied in shock.

“I can't find her anywhere.” Touma replied. “She could still be inside the building.” Touma suggested.

“What is she doing?!” Mikoto shouted as she rushed back in by passing the Judgment cordon and the Group 8 EOD Officers suiting up.

“Damn it Mikoto!” Touma shouted, chasing her in.

Meanwhile back in the Seventh Mist Saten is running through the entire store checking every bathroom for any one left behind, and Uiharu stands in the crossroads on the 3rd floor also checking for any stragglers, then she dialed Kuroko who immediately answered..

“Uiharu!” Kuroko heard running as she answered Uiharu's call as she was panting.

“Everyone has been evacuated…” Whatever Uiharu was about to say was cut off by Kuroko

“Listen to me, you need to get out of there now!” Kuroko explained. “The only human casualties were only Judgement members.” Uiharu suddenly had a sinking feeling. “It means the target is you and Saten, Uiharu!” Uiharu paused in shock.

“Hey, miss!” The little girl she met earlier appeared running towards her holding a frog doll, at the sight Uiharu looked relieved and smiled at the girl.

“An Onii-chan with glasses wanted me to give this to you!” she said as she held out the frog to Uiharu. “Here.” She smiled at Uiharu.

"Come on, she's right over here." Misaka said as she and Touma turned around the corner, there they saw the little girl and sighed in relief. But relief turned to dread when they saw an item that she didn't carry earlier.

“Wait isn’t that..” Mikasa recognized the doll.

The frog on the girl's hands began to deform and Uiharu's eyes widened in sudden horrific realisation and shock and grabbed the toy and tossed the thing away and hugged the small girl to cover her.

“Get down right now, that's the bomb!” Uiharu frantically shouted as she curled around the little girl.

At that moment both Misaka and Touma made a dash towards the plush toy which was now collapsing into itself in the shape of a black orb. Misaka arrived first and reached into her skirt pocket to get an arcade token to use her railgun to blow the plush doll away but at the last second, her finger slipped.

Just as she thought she was done for, Touma jumped in front of them and stuck both of his hands in front of him to try to cover the bomb. While imagine breaker could defuse the bomb, the blast is a whole nother thing and as such he used his ability to create a barrier and let the flames of the explosion parted in multiple directions, leaving the girls unharmed.

After the explosion, Touma reached for his radio and called it in. “Sergeant 79, explosion on the third floor, requesting Fire and EOD.” Touma radioed in just as Saten arrived from the other side.

+=-0-=+1+=-0-=+
    +=-0-=+1+=-0-=+​

In front of the Seventh Mist more Judgment DSG Vans and Anti-Skill Armored Cars arrived sirens blaring deploying a bunch of Group 7 and Group 8 DSG Officers and some Anti-Skill Officers. As the Group 7 Officers went to support the cordon and suddenly the third floor detonated immediately, sending flames and shrapnel out.

From the outside it would have seemed as though the bombing was a success meanwhile, the bomber, a glasses wearing brown-haired boy with a grin plastered across his face and an excited gleam in his eyes, and quickly and quietly left the scene, not noticing the two AFOs narrowing their eyes when he quickly left the scene, as they were about to report on the suspicious person a voice cuts in

<<“Sergeant 79, explosion on the third floor, requesting Fire and EOD.”>>

Suddenly a lot of Judgment and Anti-Skill Officers started quietly cheering as it means that there isn’t a casualty needed to be dealt with, suddenly Touma and Misaka ran out, Misaka quickly went out to hunt down the bomber while Touma quickly regrouped his team to catch the mad bomber, they weren’t taking any chances, shotguns and SIG MPXs are loaded in case the bomber is going to attack.

Present - A Random Alleyway - District 7

Misaka reached the mouth of the alleyway and saw two Judgment AFOs hugging the wall near the entrance, upon seeing her, they shushed her and nodded into the mouth of the alleyway, apparently the suspect was egoistic and cocky enough to start laughing the second he was out of the crowd's earshot.

“That was awesome! I can feel my power growing every time!” While his face was hidden, his tone of voice was full with uncanny exhilaration, “It won't be much longer! I only need to dispose of a few more! I’ll take on Judgement and those and those Skill-Out punks, I'll blow everyone…” Kaitabi Hatsuya’s little rant was interrupted when he felt a strong kick hit him, sending him flying to a trash can as trash was scattered everywhere.

“Ugh!” Kaitabi groaned as he picked himself up and tried to look for the one who kicked him and saw a sight that both surprised and scared him. “What the, what happened?!”

"Hi, I assume you know what this is about…" Mikoto waved at him with a smile as the two AFOs flanked her with their revolvers trained on him. “I’m right, am I, Mr. Mad bomber?.”

“No, I don't have any idea on what you're talking about.” Kaitabi replied, trying to play innocent.

“Well you know, there was a lot of property damage, but too bad for you no one was injured in that store. Everyone made it out without a scratch.” Misaka said in a mocking tone.

"That's impossible!" Kaitabi screamed, his eyes widening in shock, "I used my maximum power in that blast!” That was when he realised what he had shouted in front of two Judgment AFOs.

They raised their eyebrows as if reminding him he just confessed to the crime he’s been trying to prove his innocence, so he tried to play another game.

“I mean it looked like a huge explosion from the outside.” He started before reaching for his bag. “So I doubt anyone is still in the store…” He grabbed a spoon and snarled out. “COULD HAVE SURVIVE IT…” Before he could finish his sentence Misaka fired her railgun and blasted both the spoon and bag away from him.

“R-Railgun… The great ace of Tokiwadai.” Kaitabi sputtered. “Just my luck, it’s always like this.” He said. “It’s always like this, no matter what I do… but I’m going to stop it, I’ll kill you all… It's people like you who are the problem! And Judgement is the same! And anyone who has power always abuses it!" He shouted as Mikasa stopped in front of him and looked with a pissed off expression.

Suddenly a hand roughly grasped his collar and pulled him into a kneeling position and Kaitabi found himself staring at Mikoto at eye level, who was glaring back at him with a mixture of pity and anger.

“Power?! Power you say?!” Misaka snarled, cocking her fist.”I'll show ya power.” Misaka launched the punch.

*Thwack*

As Mikoto's fist collided with the bomber's cheek, the sound echoed through the alleyway just as the sounds of tires screeching and the end of Judgment’s Siren echoed, exiting Touma and his Patrol team.

“You've got to stick around to give a statement to Anti-Skill.” Touma said to Mikoto as the AFOs cuffed Kaitabi, "They'll probably want to thank you for helping capture him."

"Sure." The Electromaster replied somewhat reluctantly, rubbing her reddening knuckles.

The AFOs after hauling the bomber to his feed started to read him his rights.

“You're under arrest for terrorism and attempted murder.” One of the AFO started to read Kaitabi his rights as they started to march him with a hand on the culprit's shoulder. “You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when questioned something which you later rely on in court. Anything you do say may be given in evidence.”

Soon everyone emerged from the mouth of the alley, with the suspect as they brought him into custody suddenly Touma had to make one comment.

“Be ready to smile Mikoto, you’re a hero now.” Touma suddenly commented.

“EH?!” Mikoto let out a confused and shocked eh in reply.

Last edited: May 9, 2023
  4. Extras: The New Judgment Information Data
    Mager1221

Judgment is an student-committee for Academy City, a city with advanced technology and many espers. Its primary role is to maintain order and enforce the law within the city. Initially, it was formed as a student-based organization, with members being students of Academy City. However, due to the increasing complexity of its operations and the need for a more specialized and professional force, Judgment has undergone changes over time.

The most significant changes in Judgment's transformation it's expansion its role beyond simple law enforcement and discipline maintenance to include disaster management and anti-terrorism measures with Anti-Skill.

To better serve its role, Judgment has organized itself into various groups, each with its own specific function. These groups include Operations, Communications, Command and Control, Maintenance, Vehicles, District Support, Tactical Unit, Explosives, and Counter-Terrorism.

Group 1, Operations, consists of regular Judgment members who handle day-to-day operations such as patrols, investigations, and enforcement of laws and regulations.

Group 2, Communications, is responsible for maintaining a high-tech and encrypted communications center that enables quick and effective communication between members of Judgment.

Group 3, Command and Control, provides a central command center for coordinating the activities of all Judgment groups during emergencies and large-scale operations.

Group 4, Maintenance, is responsible for maintaining the fleet of vehicles used by Judgment to carry out their duties.

Group 5, Vehicles, consists of licensed drivers and pilots who operate the vehicles used by Judgment.

Group 6, District Support Group, provides extra manpower for special occasions or emergencies, allowing Judgment to respond to situations quickly and effectively.

Group 7, Tactical Unit, is a specialized group that is only deployed for riots and tactical situations when Anti-Skill, the city's official law enforcement agency, is not available or unable to handle the situation. It provides an immediate manpower reserve for use in large-scale emergencies, making it the main anti-rioting and disaster-management unit.

Group 8, Explosives, is responsible for explosive ordnance disposal, ensuring that the city is safe from potential explosive threats.

Group 9, Counter Terrorism, also known as the Special Duties Unit, is a highly specialized group that is only deployed during certain emergencies if Anti-Skill is not available or unable to handle the situation. Its role is to protect the city from terrorist threats and attacks.

Judgment's role in maintaining order and enforcing the law is crucial, especially in situations where Anti-Skill, the city's official law enforcement agency, is not available to handle the situation. As such the organization's specialized groups, such as the Tactical Unit and Counter-Terrorism group, provide additional support in situations where more advanced measures are required.

The use of students as police officers was a deliberate decision made by the city's administration, which believed that involving students in law enforcement activities would help instill a sense of responsibility and duty among them towards the city and its residents. Moreover, in Academy City, students undergo rigorous training to develop their esper abilities, which can be useful in maintaining law and order within the city.

This training equips them with the necessary skills to become effective police officers especially against other espers from rogue espers to dangerous and trained foreign esper trained mercenaries or agents (read: Magicians/Wizard in a classified tone), unfortunately the need for this type of ability is rare as how strict the Power Curriculum Program is to outsiders.

Furthermore, students are more familiar with the city's layout, its institutions, and its residents, making them better suited to handle situations within the city as they have a better understanding of the issues faced by their fellow students, making them more empathetic towards the city's residents, which can be beneficial in maintaining a harmonious relationship between the police and the community.

Using students as police officers also allows the city to save on costs associated with recruiting and training professional law enforcement officers. The students who join Judgment are already enrolled in Academy City, and the city can leverage their training and development costs to create an effective police force without the need to create a full pay scheme as they could instead compensate them in their allowances, insurance benefits and maybe pensions.

In addition to using students as police officers, Judgment also has a specialized group called the Counter-Terrorism Unit, which is also known as the Special Duties Unit. This name is inspired by the SAS-trained Royal Hong Kong Police/Hong Kong Police Counter Terrorism Unit, which is considered to be one of the world's most elite special forces units.

The decision to use the name Special Duties Unit for Judgment's Counter-Terrorism group is likely a nod to the unit's reputation for being highly skilled and effective in handling complex and dangerous situations. It reinforces the idea that Judgment's Counter-Terrorism group is a highly specialized and skilled unit that can handle the most challenging of situations.

Moreover, the use of the name Special Duties Unit also reflects the group's unique role within Judgment. Unlike the other groups that focus on maintaining order and enforcing the law within Academy City, the Counter-Terrorism group is primarily focused on protecting the city from terrorist threats and attacks. The name Special Duties Unit emphasizes the unique and specialized role of this group within Judgment.

Furthermore, the use of a name inspired by a real-life elite special forces unit also adds an element of credibility and authenticity to the Counter-Terrorism group. It reinforces the idea that this group is highly skilled and capable of handling the most challenging of situations.

Life is full of meaning and yet is meaningless at the same time. Sanity is overrated, you win battles by Insanity! I am Insane but sane, does life even ma

Last edited: May 8, 2023
  5. Threadmarks: Chapter 3: Welcome to the Modern Judgment
    Mager1221

Here's Chapter 3, Chapter 4 is now on my Patreon, you can join me on Patreon for earlier chapters, and as usual I would like to solicit some donations to my readers.

+=-0-=+1+=-0-=+
    We are willing to risk our lives, if necessary, in order to safeguard our society.
    +=-0-=+1+=-0-=+​

Flashback - 3 years ago - District 2, Judgment training grounds

Judgement is conducting field training for new Judgement recruits, the group of trainees from the recruitment centre ranged from Primary Schoolers to High Schoolers, but the DSG also training right besides them is all Middle Schoolers to High Schools, which while not odd in on itself, the sight of them is very much an attention attraction.

Unlike the trainees who are wearing gym clothes, the DSG recruits all wear British Army DPM Camouflage, tactical vest and gas masks, which is a very odd sight for the trainee recruits and the other regular Judgment members, but as they are training with the rest of Judgment no one is going to complain, especially with how harsh the training look.

The DSG recruits are marching in formation carrying Heckler & Koch MP5s in their arms, while the MP5s are strange, these recruits will do firearms training latter on, but in their minds the DSG recruits must be their seniors, because no one looks like they’re from Primary School, most look like final year Middle Schoolers.

Suddenly the DSG recruits made a turn towards the new obstacle course and started to run through it in full gear, some of the trainees grimace or looked in awe as the DSG recruits started running through the course, climbing obstacles and even crossing via monkey bar, the training looks rough and hardcore for the trainees.

After that run, everyone collapsed in the field, they quickly removed their gas masks and took in deep breaths, all trying to regain their breathing rhythm, some even started drinking water from their canteen, all of them covered in sweat and grime, mostly from the obstacle course they were forced to go through.

The instructor then came with a box of cold water, and started to hand them out to each DSG recruits, everyone getting one to cool off from the summer heat, but then the instructor ordered them to form up and sit down as they drink more of the cold water that was given to them.

“I’m impressed, you all managed to finish the obstacle course without any of you collapsing.” The instructor smiled. “For that, you’re going to finish a little early, to cool off.”

At that everyone started cheering happily, everyone was dead tired due to the heat of the summer sun.

+=-0-=+1+=-0-=+
    We are willing to risk our lives, if necessary, in order to safeguard our society.
    +=-0-=+1+=-0-=+​

The modern District Support Group Station is a converted school, mostly due to how limited space is available in Academy City, while the first DSG Officers were being trained up, the Board of Directors was quick to set up the stations and facilities, from the Central Headquarters in District 2 to the air support hangar in the Airport.

As such when members of the 177th Judgment Branch arrived at the District Support Group 7 Station, they saw the facade of a school, but the internals of a modern police station, unlike the 177th Judgment Branch where you go up the stairs and immediately entered the office space where most of the Judgment Agents worked.

Even with the bomber captured and the alert level being stood down a level, for Sergeant Touma, this was a headache to deal with, especially when they finally did a full background and power check on their mad bomber. Kaitabi Hatsuya is a Level two Synchrotron but was able to create explosions only a Level 4 can make.

Thus the rumours of Level-Upper became tangible and everyone wanted to know what the hell is going on with the mysterious item. Is it a drug or machine? The mystery deepens as they try to figure out what is going on with the incident, as it is starting to sound like a bad joke for the group, especially since the issue facing them is now turning more into a snipe hunt.

As such the only development they have so far is that there's even more questions than answers, and it all ties up to the mysterious Level-Upper item, which is giving everyone a headache especially since the other Judgment branches reported other incidents where an Esper's power doesn't match their Level in the Data Banks and then Touma’s desk phone rang.

“Sergeant Touma, who is this?” Touma answered the phone, after listening a bit he thanked the caller, put down the phone and loudly cursed. “Goddamn it!” Touma shouted.

“What’s wrong Touma?” His fellow Sergeant, Makoto Nakatsu asked.

“That was Anti-Skill at the detention centre, Kaitabi Hatsuya fell into a coma.” Touma replied and was treated with the scene of his fellow Sergeant cursing about.

“Damn it without him, it’s back to square one!” Makoto said to Touma.

“Yeah well, we have bigger issues now with the Level-Upper now real and in the hands of the underworld.” Touma replied with a sigh, mostly about the issue they are facing right now.

“The issue is that until Group 2 can figure out and find the source of Level-Upper and its maker, we’re stuck here.” Makoto replied, going back to his desk.

“Well, let’s hope that the hospital will have some idea on what’s going on.” Touma replied back, going back to his computer to do the rest of the paperwork.

As they continued their day doing paperwork and filling out reports, mostly because their not on the rotation to go on patrol, as such they were stuck in the office filling in for the Station Sergeant and Duty Sergeant role due to the fact that both of those Sergeants got themselves sick, luckily their boredom ended when suddenly Touma’s desk phone rang again.

“Sergeant Touma, who is this?” Touma answered the phone, after listening a bit he thanked the caller. “Right, thanks.”

“Who was that?” Makoto asked Touma who immediately stood up and grab the Radio scanner they had on the shelf right beside the exit.

“Tony 595, the Post Office Third Branch, Armed Robbery.” Touma replied, running out.

“Ah, nuts.” Makoto replied as he grabbed his phone and started dialling.

<<”Attention all units in the vicinity of the Post Office Third Branch, Armed Robbery in progress, Urgent Assistance needed, shots fired, Sierra Oscar 595 and 382 on scene, all units respond Code 3.”>> The radio blared throughout the station getting the attention of everyone in the station.

“Sergeant 79 responding!” Touma radioed back, as everyone who was free started responding. “PC 989 responding!” “PC 629 responding” “PC 235 responding” “PC 454 responding”

The entire station suddenly came alive from that one call, every officer, mostly AFOs and Group 7 Officers quickly stood up from what they were doing, from their food to their mundane task, everyone quickly got up to help their colleague.

As Touma ran out towards the armoury to suit up, a few more joined him, some going to the parking bay to set up the vehicles, nearly half of the Judgment agents in the station had come running towards their transport or their vehicles, which caused a massive response of ARVs and Specialist Carriers towards the Post Office Third Branch.

If one was standing outside the District 7 Station, they would’ve seen an entire convoy of Judgment APCs and a SUV heading towards the Post Office Third Branch.

+=-0-=+1+=-0-=+
    +=-0-=+1+=-0-=+​

Present - Post Office Third Branch - District 7

Tony and Shinji didn’t think much would happen when they went out on patrol this afternoon, the madhouse that was the Graviton Bombings has ended when the mad bomber had been captured, so it supposed to be a quiet afternoon patrol out around District 7, which means lady luck had to intervene and put an armed robbery down their patrol route.

Tony and Shinji manage to clear both ends of the street as more ARVs from the surrounding area arrive, no lights, no sirens, they don't cover the bank and immediately help continue to clear out the street of pedestrians as some of the officers.

“Look! I’ve told you on the other side of the road!” Tony shouted at the pedestrians trying to watch the action.

“Clear the road!” Shinji tried to get the people crowding the area to get away from the area as more ARVs started arriving to block the road and help clear the roads. “I’ve told you to clear the road!”

Suddenly the shutters that were closed opened up and everyone quickly took cover and got the crowd away from the front of the bank, and as the shutters reached the top one of the robbers went out facing the post office before turning and seeing the small army of cops facing him.

“IT’S THE LAW!” He screamed and let loose with his Uzi at the Patrol Car parked in front of him.

“Ah nuts!” Tony screamed as he ducked down and let the 9mm ammo riddle the armoured body of the Ford Focus ST.

“The Law is outside! The Law is outside!” The robber shouted running back in as the shutter started to close again.

“Sierra Oscar 595 to Sierra Central! Shots fired!” Tony screamed to his radio.

<<”Sierra Central roger.”>> The dispatcher replied.

Tony drew his revolver and took aim at the Post Office as he awaited from backup and muttered about how that’s going to be a pain to deal with, especially with automatic weapons, which is a whole different issue for most Judgment AFOs.

Suddenly a mass of motorcycle sound intermixed with sirens was heard and he saw about 6 motorcycles carrying two black clad teenagers in tactical gear and SIG MPXs, they dismount and took up firing positions, mostly someone where they have a clear line of fire and would prevent them from having a crossfire incident..

Suddenly he could hear the sirens and smiled, Group 7 was arriving with heavier firepower, the first van skidding to a stop and out came 6 DSG Officers with Remington 870s and SIG MPXs ready for a gunfight with the armed robbers, as they took up defensive positions as the fully closed and hiding the Post Office from view.

“Set up firing positions!” A Sergeant shouted as they ran around into what are basically fighting positions.

“Get out of here!” A Group 7 Officer shouted as he pushed some of the pedestrians still in the area and ordered them to leave. “Get out of here right now!”

As they were doing this, a bunch of plainclothes Judgment Agents only marked by their armbands and baseball caps ran by with their revolvers, these are the plainclothes AFOs meant for low profile patrols and are now in full view of the media, luckily they’re wearing their school uniforms with their baseball caps hiding their faces, thus preventing anyone from identifying them.

“You take the Food stand! You take the Bus! The rest of you are with me behind the mail truck!” The leader of the plainclothes Judgment AFOs shouted.

They quickly joined up with the rest of the AFOs and Group 7 Officers in fighting positions, mostly somewhere more hidden than the rest of the Judgment AFOs and G7 officers, but luckily they had taken some extra Kevlar vests from the DSG Van that had arrived on scene, which allowed them to kit up.

Behind every available cover, they took position, ready to remind the robbers why trying to start a gunfight will make them basically the poor Cochise County Cowboys and Judgment as the Earp Brothers, only Judgment has Shotguns and SIG MPXs, they quickly prepare for a long siege or a quick and deadly gunfight.

Suddenly more sirens were heard and this time came the Armoured Personnel Carriers of Judgment being escorted in by a Land Rover SUV, they quickly parked away from the Post Office into various positions, mostly to put the armoured body of the APC between the Pedestrian, Judgment and the Armed robbers.

Exiting the APCs are more Judgment Group 7 Officers, these ones are wearing Tactical Plate Carriers with Combat Helmets or Berets, and they are mostly armed with SIG MCX Rifles.

+=-0-=+1+=-0-=+
    +=-0-=+1+=-0-=+​

Present - Uiharu’s Dormitory - District 7

Kuroko, Saten and Mikoto could only watch and listen as DSG started an operation, usually for incidents like this Anti-Skill would’ve been deployed, but the DSG was made to support Anti-Skill by filling in the blanks of Armed Response during certain incidents and now they are being broadcast live to every news agency in Academy City.

The Blimp flying around is probably playing the broadcast, as it shows the DSG arriving in force, 5 Carrier Vans and 3 ARVs parking just close enough not to be seen, but close enough for running distance, in which case, the vans opened up and armed DSG Group 7 Officers, wearing Kevlar with either Helmets or Berets jumped out.

Most of them are carrying SIG MCX Rifles and Carbines, and L129A1 Designated Marksman Rifles, they quickly spread out and rushed towards their firing positions, mostly on top of the APCs, any rooftops they can perch on and any place they could use to steady their aim.

But from what they can see, it’s basically watching what the new Judgment can do, especially since the old Judgment has been called as useless, ineffective and basically generally useless, which was a common joke used by skillout and the delinquents mostly because the only ones who can fight properly in Judgment back then were the Espers.

But the change happened and suddenly the DSG is created and suddenly Judgment started to have teeth and criminals stopped being cocky when Judgment appeared and started becoming scared to any Judgment Agent they see because with a simple call, the DSG can arrive within minutes to seconds.

Unlike regular Judgment, while DSG has espers in their ranks, they are also trained in the usage of firearms and unarmed combat, making them very effective.

“As you can see, Judgment has the entire Post Office secured and the armed robbers are trapped inside with hostages.” The newscaster reported from the news desk.

“I should be there with them.” Saten told everyone.

“But it’s your day off, Saten.” Uiharu moaned from the bed. “Unless they call you, you shouldn’t worry about them.

“Ok.. I’ll try not to worry.” Saten replied, turning off the TV.

+=-0-=+1+=-0-=+
    +=-0-=+1+=-0-=+​

In the Mobile Command Vehicle, Chief Inspector Rinko Takayama is in command of the situation, mostly because the situation is serious and unstable with the robbers now having hostages in the Post Office,as such they aren’t going to rush in into the Post Office without any intel, as such they are calling upon every Judgment Clairvoyance they could.

“Ok, get us plugged into the system, transfer all calls to our system and get me eyes into the Post Office’s system.” Chief Inspector Rinko told the Group 2 Operator who is setting up the systems.

“System is up and running, Chief Inspector.” The G2 Operator replied with a thumbs up.

“Good, let’s prepare for some negotiations.” Rinko sighed and leaned back on the chair. “Start the call, let’s see what they want shall we?”

As the phone rings, they wait and watch if they would answer the call as the Monitor showing the CCTV of the Post Office, they keep an eye on the monitor as the robber argues with each other, mostly about who is to answer the phone.

“Come on, come on.” RInko muttered.

Then finally one of them answers the phone.

“This is Chief Inspector Rinko of Judgment.” Rinko introduced herself. “Are you in charge?”

“Yeah.” The speaker replied.

“What do I call you?” Rinko asked.
    “Names are not important, what is important is the fact that I've got 24 hostages and what you're gonna do about it.” The Robber replied, cutting her off and hanging up the call.

“God damn it, he’s trying to play us.” Rinko said to everyone.

“I don’t like it, he’s too professional.” Another Inspector replied.

“Agree.” Rinko replied before turning to the monitor showing the robbers arguing what they are going to do next.

“So.. should we get food and drinks while we wait?” The Group 2 Officer asked out loud causing everyone to look at him.

“Sounds like a good idea.” Another Group 2 Officer replied in agreement.

As they waited for the robbers to come to an agreement, their food and drinks arrived, mostly bottled water and some pastries they could eat in the boxes given, then suddenly the Group 2 Officer listening in spoke up.

“It’s them.” He said to Rinko who nodded and grabbed the phone.

“Yes, what is it you want? Rinko quickly asked.

“Yes, I want a five-seater car with a full tank of gas and safe passage out of here so that I can release all the hostages except the manager.” The Robber replied.

“I can't allow that” Riko quickly cuts in.

“If i see any vehicle following us including helicopters we'll let him at it.” The robber replied.

“But I can't allow you to take civilians! The hostages you must know are my concern.” Rink complaint.

“You've got 20 minutes.” The Robber replied, cutting the call.

“Someone go find a car with a kill switch.” Rinko sighed, as she rubbed her forehead. “Or at least the one we can kill before giving them.”

“On it Chief.” The Group 2 officer replied and started making calls back to the DSG Station for the car that was requested.

“Now we wait for news.” Rinko muttered while taking a sip of water.

It took a few minutes but they found the car they can modify, an old Toyota Comfort taxicab, it was about to be retired but the cab company was willing to write it off to Judgment for this type of situation, and as such while the Driver of the Cab is being told what to do after he park the taxi, Rinko had to relay it to the robbers, luckily the he phone rang and Rinko quickly answered.

“Yes.” Rinko answered the phone.

“You've got that car ready yet?” The Robber asked.

“Yes but I can't allow you to take any hostages.” Rinko replied back.

“You don't expect me to believe that you let me and my men drive away from me just like that?” The Robber replied in disbelief.

“I'd prefer if you gave yourself up.” Rinko replied before continuing. “Now i have to warn you that you're surrounded by armed police and if anyone's life is endangered…” What Rinko was about to say was cut off by the robber.

“This is my final word, I want that car outside the entrance in ten minutes and I’ll release all the hostages except for the copper, he'll have a gun pointed at his head, so the time for talking's over.” The robber explained before hanging up, causing Rinko to look at the Group 2 Officer.

“Do we have anyone in the bank?” Rinko asked him.

“Let me check.” The Group 2 Officer replied as he slowly moved the CCTV around and saw a teenager being hauled up and the robber showing a Judgment armband. “Damn it.” He let out a curse.

“What is it?” Rinko asked, moving closer to the monitor.

“Looks like one of ours was off duty and was caught inside the Post Office.” The Group 2 Officer grimaced, “I think his armband was sticking out and they noticed it.”

“Put the car outside the bank facing this way.” Rinko snarled.

“But we can’t let them go!” The Inspector looked at her in shock. “They can pick up as many hostages as they want anywhere between here and wherever they're going…” But Rinko cuts him off.

“Don't argue, do it.” Rinko ordered before grabbing the radio. “All Trojan Units standby.” Rinko sent out.

“What are you planning for Rinko?” The Inspector whispered.

“What the DSG was created for.” Rinko replied deadpanned. “To end this farce of a Bank Robbery, with or without force.”

“Then the car is…” The Inspector was about to ask but was cut off.

“A Decoy for our Marksmen to get a shot on them.” Rinko replied looking very much pissed off.

+=-0-=+1+=-0-=+
    +=-0-=+1+=-0-=+​

Suddenly every radio of active DSG and Regular Judgment Agents let out an alert that caught their attention.

<<“Attention all units standby, the vehicle is entering the premise.”>>

“All units hold fire.” Touma radioed in from his perch. “Fire only on my command.” From where he is laying down, he has a perfect sight picture on the front of the bank.

As the Toyota Comfort taxicab entered the scene and parked itself right in front of the Post Office every DSG Officer shifted a little to get a more comfortable shot at the suspects, but luckily the entire front of the Post Office is an open ground allowing them to have a clear view of the Post Office entrance.

Suddenly the shutters opened up and a crowd of people exited the bank, blocking any clear shots they had on the robbers, no one was willing to start shooting until the crowd dispersed and let the robber be in the gunsight of every Group 7 Officer in the vicinity.

“All units hold fire.” Touma radioed again. “Wait until we have a clear sight.”

“What the hell are they doing?” Rinko had to ask when she saw the crowd exiting the bank.

“They're using the hostages as cover, that's what they're doing.” The Inspector replied.

“Visual on the suspects, they’re in the middle of the crowd.” Touma reported as he kept his rifle trained on the one suspect holding a gun on the Judgment Agent.

The suspects pushed the crowd to the car and quickly they started ordering people to stay where they are as they got into the car and pushed the Judgment Agent in with them, as the robbers finally entered the car, someone in the crowd let out a shout.

“RUN!”

Suddenly the crowd split up, all heading away from the car and the robbers and into the awaiting arms of Judgment Officers who were holding the perimeter, but for the robbers their issue is just staring as they try to start the Taxi cab and failing.

“GO! GO! GO!” The lead robber ordered his friend.

“It won’t start! It won’t start!” The driver shouted as the starter didn’t ignite the engine.

“It’s a trap!” The only female robber shouted in pure panic.

“Shut up! The lead robber shouted back before looking at the Judgment Agent.”Right You’re coming with us to our car.” He added.

The lead robber grabbed the Judgment agent and forced him to follow the leader towards a parked car, and the other robbers quickly got out and followed their leader but the issue is that their bags of money are stuck inside the car, so two robbers are stuck trying to get the money out while two others try to get to their get away car.

All around them DSG Group 7 Officers armed and ready, kept watch, their guns following the robber’s every move, most of them not firing until they had an open shot.

As the Robber and his hostage reached to the one spot not covered by the car, the Judgment Agent acted, first he elbowed the robber making him scream and then wrenched the gun away from his face and up into the sky where it went off, that was enough time for him to run towards cover and the DSG Officers to start shooting before the second accomplice could shoot the Judgment Agent

“SHOOT! SHOOT! SHOOT!” Touma screamed as gunfire erupted, the two lead robbers were quickly taken down, the third robber tried to shoot only to have a bullet hit him in the shoulder and he collapsed quickly, and the female robber threw away her gun and jumped down into the ground, sobbing and pleading for mercy.

The Judgment Agent that was taken hostage reached the arms of a couple of AFOs who quickly made sure he’s ok and unharmed.

“It’s alright, it’s alright.” One of the AFOs consoled him. “It’s over.”

The Judgment Agent didn’t reply only his heavy breathing telling the AFOs that he’s alright and unharmed.

The other Judgment DSG Group 7 and AFOs quickly rushed in towards the remaining suspects, they checked and secured the suspects, paramedics quickly went in to help and treat the wounded, but the first two were pronounced dead on scene, the third one is wounded but he’ll live, the fourth and final suspect is alive and under arrest.

“Scene secured, situation is code 4, get Forensic and the shooting team.” Touma radioed Rinko, in her Mobile Command Centre who sighs and groans, the feeling of relief as the situation ends.

“You're under arrest for armed robbery.” One of the AFO started to read the robber her rights as they started to march her towards a waiting patrol car. “You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when questioned something which you later rely on in court. Anything you do say may be given in evidence.”

Touma could only let out a sigh of relief, thanking whatever deity that no hostages were killed or injured.

+=-0-=+1+=-0-=+
    +=-0-=+1+=-0-=+​

Last edited: May 14, 2023
  6. BlueRanger O-Doom

BlueRanger O-Doom Not too sore, are you?

This is actually good, a weird mix of the original series, ‘The Rookie’ cop drama, and Call of Duty. Given how zany some parts of Toaru are it works though, especially given how useless Judgement and Anti-Skill were in the anime.

Only two real complaints:
    - The unit/precinct designations in the first two chapters are likely going to confuse someone not familiar with how they’re used in real life. Not sure how to actually fix that without an info dump though, so what can ya do.;)

- The latter half of the Info/Data chapter and chapter 3 felt like they weren’t proofread as much as your first and second chapters. It wasn’t as noticeable in chapter 3 but your Info chapter actually had paragraphs that were nearly identical one after another.

Overall this is definitely getting a watch and like from me. Looking forward to more if/when you get the chance.

Last edited: May 14, 2023
  7. Mager1221

Thanks, the unit precinct is mostly based on what Judgment had in Canon, the District stations is my idea, mostly inspired by how each District has their own Anti-Skill Station with School District 7 having multiple, basically District 7 is unique for having bigger Branch Offices that subdivided into sub-branches with a central District Station holding all the tactical, riot control and EOD teams.

BlueRanger O-Doom likes this.
  8. Threadmarks: Chapter 4: The Report: Level Upper
    Mager1221

Here's Chapter 4, Chapter 5 is now on my Patreon, you can join me on Patreon for earlier chapters, and as usual I would like to solicit some donations to my readers.

+=-0-=+1+=-0-=+
    Integrity, Fairness and Respect.
    +=-0-=+1+=-0-=+​

Flashback - 2 years ago - District 2, Judgment training grounds

"Now you are going through the kill house obstacle course!" The Instructor shouted at the now camouflage clad Judgment DSG Cadets. "This training is to teach all of you how to fight in close quarters and small environments!"

Touma and everyone else paid attention to the briefing, the scenario briefing and the weapons memorization course, the idea here is too teach the future Judgment DSG, Special Duties Unit, on how to do a CQC and CQB operations, which includes hostage rescue and arrest warrant operations, especially since two of them are the most important and dangerous.

This also includes equipment familiarisation in which includes on what type of body armour they would have available, what type of calibres they could stop and the type of ammo and bullets they could be facing out there, mostly in terms of what is usually available in the black market, as what the Royal Hong Kong Police had to face during the 70s to 80s.

From AKs, Grenades and other surplus pistols, everything that a criminal could get their hands on is talked about, mostly in terms of why those are found in the criminal elements, especially since the equipment talked about is very common in the black market and criminal market, the equipment while very common, it's the ammunition that makes it special.

"This will be a recreation of a case, where armed robbers have broken into an apartment complex and taken a family of 4 or 5 hostage, intel has it that there are 5 armed robbers, but with the hostages, we will not use Tear Gas." The instructor explained. "Now I will divide you into 3 teams of 2, Alpha, Bravo and Charlie." The instructor continued on. "Usually there will be sniper cover, but in this case, you will not have sniper cover for the moment."

The breachers set up the detcord breaching charges on the door hinges and the door knob, the police doesn't use high-explosives for breaching, detcord explosive and Tovex water-gel explosive because it's more stable, as the teams both stacked up for a breach and clear.

"Safe. Safe." The breacher announced.

"Alpha Ready." Alpha radioed in.

"Bravo Ready." Bravo radioed in.

"Charlie Ready." Charlie radioed in.

"GO!" The Instructor shouted and the door was blown wide open, the pointman was first to get through and saw the first target right in front of him, a masked armed robber, he was quick to open fire.

"Down one!" He called out as his partner moved to clear his left flank while he cleared the right.

"Down two!" His Partner called out as he downed a target hidden behind the fridge of the simulated kitchen.

"Takashi, cover the corridor!" Touma radioed in as they moved down the corridor.

On the final corridor there are two doors and with possible hostages inside, they decided to use the tools they have to breach the doors, and as such Touma pulled out the breaching hammer and prepared to break the door in as Charlie's team prepared the breaching shotgun.

Unanimously they both broke down the door, Takashi joining back with Touma quickly moved in and saw another target, and fired quickly.

"Down three!" Takashi shouted as he moved to secure the closet and bathroom while Touma covered him from the doorway.

Charlie Team, upon hearing the hammer striking the door quickly blew the door knob off and kicked it open, seeing a target the breacher's partner quickly shot the target and moved in while the breacher covered him from the doorway.

The partner quickly went around and like Takashi moved to secure the closet and bathroom, but with two targets missing, Alpha who was guarding the living room and kitchen quickly moved towards the hostage targets and checked on them for weapons and found both with a M1911 taped to the back of the targets.

"Four and five arrested!" The breacher of Alpha radioed in upon seeing the taped pistols.

"Room Clear!" Takashi shouted upon hearing Alpha's transmission.

"Room Clear!" They heard Charlie called out.

"AREA SECURE!" Touma announced to the instructors.

The instructors came down and started to grade and criticise or ask them for justification on why they open fired on the targets, which range from why did they open fire or why didn't they open fire, which is centralised on the idea that the shooting team and the investigators will questioned on, for example why did one used a breaching shotgun while other used a breaching hammer.

+=-0-=+1+=-0-=+
    +=-0-=+1+=-0-=+​

Last Night - Judgement DSG District 7 Compound

"Safe and sent." Touma announced from his desk.

"What, you're done with your report?" Makoto asked Touma from his desk.

"Yep, the chronological order on our response, the negotiations and the reasoning on why we opened fire." Touma replied back leaning into his chair.

"So, that means…" Makato was about to ask when Touma cut him off.

"It means it's up to the Shooting team to interview me." Touma said to Makato.

"Lucky bastard." Makato jokingly said to Touma.

"Want something from the fridge?" Touma asked as Makoto went back to his reports and Touma went to grab some drinks in the mini fridge, and suddenly the entire compound plunged into darkness before the backup generators kicked in.

"Oh you have got to be kidding me!" Makoto screamed upon his computer restarting.

"At least you saved it right?" Touma said with a sigh, knowing who is probably responsible for this.

"Yeah, but I had to do an entire chapter all over again." Makoto complained.

"Yeah, yeah, here." Touma replied by giving Makoto a can of soda. "Calm down, it's the weekend tomorrow anyway."

"But tomorrow is my day off! I have plans." Makoto replied, taking a sip of his soda.

"Do it tonight, and you'll be happy to have a weekend." Touma replied deadpanned.

"Right. Working late again." Makoto bemoaned his fate.

Touma could only sigh and took a sip of his soda and looked out into the darken Academy City skyline, in which he could only wonder, what the hell did Misaka got herself into to cause a near city wide blackout, which he could only guess the madness it's going to generate tomorrow, luckily most of the DSG Night Patrol is out and in force, hopefully it will enforce the curfew.

+=-0-=+1+=-0-=+
    +=-0-=+1+=-0-=+​

Present - Mizuho Medical Institute

The current Blackout has caused some disruption in Academy City, mostly due to the Traffic Lights, but besides deactivated ACs and rolling black outs, the city is mostly fine, the only problem is the snarling traffic jam the city is facing with the traffic lights offline, as such everyone is late one way or another due to the situations.

Sergeant Touma and Constable Tony arrived at Heaven Canceller's Hospital in their Ford Focus ST ARV, the stranglehold the City is in due to the black out means that Group 6 is out in force to support regular Judgment to control traffic, which means the City is in a near standstill due to the blackout killing the traffic lights, and after parking their ARV they walked into the Hospital and towards the receptionist.

"Sergeant Kamijou Touma and Constable Stamp Tony with Judgement." Touma introduced both of them. "We're here to meet Hatsuya's doctor?

"Right, we've been expecting you two." The nurse manning the reception desk nodded and pointed them down the corridor. "Just down the corridor, the doctor will be there to meet you.

"Thank you." Touma replied with a smile before beaconing Tony to follow him.

"I hope the doctor has an idea on why Hatsuya-san would collapse into a coma." Tony said to Touma. "Don't want a disciplinary action in our records if he collapses due to trauma caused by us.

"I wouldn't put my hopes up Tony." Touma replied back. "In this line of work, things aren't always so simple until they are." Touma continued before adding. "Besides, Misaka Mikoto was the one to punch him."

They just reached the corridor where they just heard Kuroko introduce herself.

"I'm Detective Constable Shirai Kuroko of Judgment," Kuroko introduced herself as she and Mikoto came to a stop in front of the doctors and presented her armband to the doctor. "We are here regarding the sudden coma that Kaitabi Hatsuya has fallen into."

"Oh yes," The doctor explained that Kaitabi had passed out.

"Um, I punched him pretty hard once…" Mikoto volunteered timidly remembering the punch when they arrested him.

"Well, there's no sign of brain damage." The doctor smiled in amusement before frowning as he looked back at the report. "In fact his entire body is healthy. He's just unconscious, strangely enough."

"So what you're saying is that you don't know what's causing this." Kuroko said flatly.

"I hate to admit it, but this is beyond the capabilities of this hospital and its staff." The doctor admitted as he explained. "So I've called in an outside specialist in neurophysiology."

"Is it that strange?" Touma asked out loud, causing them to turn around and look at the two of them.

"It's kind of embarrassing to admit." The doctor continued, "The odd thing is, we've been getting a ton of patients like these over the past week. They all show no signs of brain damage, body functions all appear to be healthy, but they just keep falling into comas." He then showed them the PDA with various patient profiles, most of which were a DSG Arrest.

"Damn it, and most of them are low enough that they don't warrant a call to the arresting station or officer." Touma replied with a snarl.

"And whatever is causing this is spreading." Tony said as he pointed to a girl in the mass of profiles. "I know that one, she was feeling ill so I called an ambulance."

"Sorry to have kept you waiting." A woman with long blond hair and baggy eyes said as she approached. But both Touma and Mikoto recognized and remembered vividly for her unique habit both in different times.

"Wait aren't you…" Touma was lost for words when he saw the women.

"I came here at the request of the hospital director." The woman started her introduction, "My name is Harumi Kiyama."

"Why are you here?" Touma and Mikoto asked in surprise simultaneously.

"Sorry but I'll have to catch up with you later sergeant." Harumi said flatly to Touma before going to Misaka. "You too kid." As she took the PDA offered and examined them quickly. "Do you mind if I go in and examine them?" She asked the doctor.

"By all means." The doctor replied as he and Harumi entered the ward.

"Well I guess we have to wait then." Tony said out loud.

"Right, let's wait at the lobby, it's cooler there." Touma added.

+=-0-=+1+=-0-=+
    +=-0-=+1+=-0-=+​

Present - Mizuho Medical Institute

While the current Blackout has caused some disruption in Academy City, most of the vending machines still work, meaning a cold drink is still available even in the summer heat, so as they wait Dr Harumi Kiyama to finish her examination, the quartet are waiting at the lobby of the hospital, Mikoto falling asleep with Kuroko sitting next to her while Touma and Tony went to get some cold drinks.

In one of the hallways near the lobby near the hospital canteen, Touma and Tony are ordering cold drinks for Mikoto, Kuroko and the both of them, mostly because the summer heat isn't bearable in the Hospital where the AC wasn't turned on and luckily since they are first, they get first score on drinks.

"What do you think of the Doctor, Sarge?" Tony asked Touma who reached and grabbed the cold drinks and handed Tony one.

"I don't know, the one time I met her, she decided to strip in front of me after forgetting where she parked her car." Touma sighed remembering the incident. "That was very much uncomfortable for me."

"Seriously?" Tony asked, shocked at the explanation before taking a sip of his soda.

"Yeah, it took Mikoto-san there to get her to dress again." Touma added not wanting to remember the incident as he continued to punch more orders from the vending machine.

"Say, how do you know the Railgun anyway?" Tony asked again, this time curious about the story on how his Sergeant met the ace of Tokiwadai aka. The Railgun.

"Met her once off duty and shut down her power." Touma started out remembering the first time he met Mikoto. "Mostly I wanted to clear the area so the nearby DSG Patrol could catch the delinquents" Touma then sighed. "But she misinterpreted the reason why and now she wants to prove a point about being able to beat me fair and square."

"So she likes you." Tony chuckled. "She's a Tsundere then."

"Nah, she wants to prove that I'm not a Level 0." Touma replied off-handedly as he ordered another couple of drinks from the vending machine. "By firing her Railgun at me at every chance she can."

"What? She doesn't believe you?" Tony asked as the Machine took the order and basically spat out 2 cold drinks again. "Even if she's friends with Detective Constable Shirai Kuroko?"

"I don't think Mikoto-san liked relying on DC Kuroko." Touma replied as he took the 2 cold drinks again. "DC Kuroko is infamous for being in love with her roommate, Mikoto, I heard she managed to chase away Mikoto's old roommate."

"Right if that's the case I wouldn't want to rely on her too much too." Tony replied, ordering his drink from the vending machine.

"Maybe." Touma replied back.
    After Tony got their drink, they headed back to the hospital lobby where they left the two girls as they went out to the vending machine, as they walked back to the lobby they heard a hard smack, they both shared a look and entered the lobby, upon entering the lobby, they saw Mikoto wide awake and punching Kuroko in the head and Dr. Kiyama approaches the group.

"This isn't a fairy tale, you know!" Mikoto reprimanded her roommate who was clutching her head from the punch by a pissed off Misaka Mikoto.

"But it did work. You're awake now, aren't you?" Kuroko reasoned with a smile at Mikoto as she clutched her head in pain.

"That's unexpected. Why are you four still here?" Kiyama asked upon seeing the quartet.

"That's because Dr Kiyama, there's something we need to ask you as the attending doctor of one Kaitabi Hatsuya." Touma explained stepping up.

"Ok then." Kiyama replied before continuing. "I find it unbelievably hot in here." Kiyama noted as she fanned herself a little. "It's the middle of summer, shouldn't they at least turn on the air conditioning for us?"

"You do make a good point." Kuroko agreed with the Doctor.

"I'm very sorry, but we had a power outage last night." Nurse said to the group as she passed them pushing a trolley. "Things haven't been restored to normal quite yet."

"Alright then, they're using emergency power for basic operations and critical patients." Kiyama concluded as she pulled off her tie, the quartet could only watch in shock as Kiyama began to take off all her clothes, which caused varying reactions.

"You've got to be kidding me!" Touma yelled in exasperation as he turned away from the sight.

"I thought you were joking, Sarge!" Tony said to Touma as he joined his sergeant.

"Again? Seriously?" Mikoto asked in shock at the sight.

"Your solution to this is to take off all your clothing?!" Kuroko yelled.

"Well, it's really hot in here, you know," The half-naked researcher reasoned.

"We're not alone, there are people everywhere!" Kuroko argued.

"What if I just leave my underwear on?" Kiyama negotiated with Kuroko.

"No! That's not going to work!" Kuroko shouted as she began to button up the doctor's shirt.

"Dr. Kiyama, we're really interested in your opinion on these patients as a specialist." Mikoto requested, hoping to distract the doctor before she could strip anymore, luckily she was successful at keeping Kiyama from stripping.

"I'd be happy to help you," Kiyama said in a monotone voice, "It's so hot in here."

"Can we offer you a place where we know air conditioning is still active?" Touma offered.

"Sure why not, it's better than this sauna of a Hospital." Kiyama replied.

"Sure, meet us at the main entrance while we get the car around." Touma confirmed before tugging Tony to follow. "Come on Tony, we need to get the Panda."

"Right away Sarge." Tony replied following Touma close behind. "So was that…"

"I don't want to talk about it Tony." Touma replied as they went to the parking lot.

"No I mean, should we put the AC on full blast?" Tony asked Touma.

"Yes, yes we should." Touma replied with a sigh.

"Great, that'll take a while to cool the car then." Tony said as they entered the parking lot and towards their patrol car.

"Come on, let's pick them up." Touma replied as he opened the door and got into the passenger seat, with Tony into the driver's seat.

"Well at least this one would be easier." Tony replied as he started up the Ford and activated the AC full blast.

+=-0-=+1+=-0-=+
    +=-0-=+1+=-0-=+​

Present - Shopping District somewhere in District 7

Even with the blackout the shopping district is always busy, people going around doing their shopping or even just having fun. Underneath a walkway in the shopping district, Uiharu is waiting for Saten, who has something to show her.

"Mm, Saten sure is late today." Uiharu remarked as she tapped her feet impatiently as she glanced at her phone. "I wonder what is taking her so long?"

While waiting she didn't keep her guard of her surroundings and suddenly Uiharu felt a draft beneath her skirt, which means only one thing is happening.

"Oh, so its blue stripes today!" The very familiar voice of Saten commented cheerily.

"KIYA!!" Uiharu cried out in panic as she realised that Saten had snuck up on her and had lifted her skirts for the world to see.

After getting her skirt down and complaining about Saten lifting her skirt, they had moved away from the more crowded walkway to somewhere more quiet and empty.

Apparently Saten is still off duty as she isn't wearing her uniform but in her street clothes, but Uiharu could see the Judgment Armband and her Warrant Card holder in Saten's jean pockets

"In your email said you had something to show me something?" Uiharu asked as Saten looked very excited and was about to explode into a song and dance.

"That's right and I can't wait anymore!" Saten declared loudly. "This thing is so incredible!" Saten continued as she started to dance. "The elusive item we all have been looking for! Tada." She shoved her Judgment issue Smartphone in Uiharu's face.

"That just looks like a music file?" Uiharu said blankly, she couldn't fathom what is so important about a music file Saten managed to download off the internet.

"Ah, but it's what's on it that really matters." Ruiko winked at Uiharu, as if she had found the most top secret file ever. "Just wait, I'll show you later ok?" Saten added as she started to walk away from Uiharu and beaconed her to follow.

Uiharu just sighed and followed her friend and colleague to whatever location Saten had in mind, in which case she could think of all the various desserts she could buy and get.

+=-0-=+1+=-0-=+
    +=-0-=+1+=-0-=+​

Present - Joseph's Coffee and Restaurant - District 7

A little while later, the four students had taken Dr. Kiyama to Joseph's Coffee and Restaurant, the usual hang out for Mikoto, Kuroko and from time to time, Touma, to discuss the coma patients. The four of them were all seated at a booth with a few drinks of their choice to help ease the heat and focus.

"I'd like to continue where we left off, if it's okay." Kiyama started after their drinks had arrived, while Mikoto and Kuroko sat right in front of her, Tony and Touma sat on the table right behind her, mostly to keep their conversation quiet and prevent people from eavesdropping in. "Why are swimsuits acceptable, and underwear is not when they both expose the same amount of skin?"

Unfortunately, Dr. Kiyama was focused on another topic which is not a part of their discussion, which luckily if anyone is eavesdropping they would mistake what Dr. Kiyama was talking about instead of the Level-Upper.

"No, that isn't the point." The two girls answered flatly while Tony and Touma both in pure disbelief at what Dr. Kiyama started with.

"Can we get back on track with the Level-Upper?" Touma asked the doctor.

"Right… This… Level Upper… can you tell me what kind of thing it is?" Kiyama asked everyone. "What does it do? How is it used?"

"Unfortunately, we don't know." Kuroko admits for the entire CID of Judgment.

"No details so far, but it might have something to do with those who have fallen into comas recently," Kiyama concluded from what Kuroko was telling them. "That's what you think, yes?"

"Right." Kuroko answered.

"Why bring this problem to me?" Kiyama asked her.

"We've been giving it some serious thought lately," Kuroko explained to the doctor. "It seems that elevating one's ability might well disrupt normal brain function. If that's the case, then I think
    we'll need help when we find this thing, and I think your professional experience could be invaluable."

"This is something I'd be happy to help with. I am a cerebral physiologist, it's my area. Aside from that, there is something else that's been bothering me." The baggy eyed researcher said as she looked out the window. "Who are those girls?"

Much to the students' surprise, Uiharu and Saten could be seen just outside the window, smiling at them. This normally wouldn't be such a strange sight, were it not for the fact that Saten was pressed against the glass, wearing a much larger grin than one would expect from someone who was happy to see her friends.

After letting themselves in the restaurant, Uiharu and Saten joined their friends at the booth and ordered a few things for themselves. The two were quickly caught up on the situation, making sure everyone was on the same page.

"Oh, so you're a brain doctor?" Uiharu asked for confirmation.

"Are you here to look at Shirai's brain?" Saten joked with a chuckle..

"We're conferring with her about the Level Upper matter." Kuroko explained to Saten, looking unamused with her joke..

"Well, if that's the case…" Saten said cheerfully as she reached into her pocket.

"This is serious. Anybody found in possession of it will be taken into custody." Mikoto said seriously.

"Isn't that a bit extreme?" Uiharu asked, shocked at Mikoto's reply.

"The investigation is ongoing, so I can't tell you everything." Kuroko explained to Uiharu. "It does seem that its users suffer some side effects." Before grimacing as if she's about to say something uncomfortable. "Anyway, I find the users of any drug usually turn to crime." Kuroko admitted with a grimace.

"Then luckily what I have is not possession but evidence." Saten cheerily replied as she slapped her Smartphone onto the table along with her Judgment Armband and Warrant Card, unfortunately the slapping of her Smartphone onto the table had accidentally spilled a glass of ice tea onto Kiyama's stockings. "Ah! I'm so sorry!" Saten apologised in a panic.

"Please don't worry about it. It just got on my stockings, so once I took them off…" Kiyama explained as she got out of her seat and did her usual routine.

The girls besides Kuroko, could only respond with a surprised blush as Kiyama took off her skirt and began to roll down her stained stockings, for Tony and Touma kept looking at the empty table across them, unlike Kuroko, who could only respond in anger at this point.

""How many times do we have to tell you not to take your clothing off while you're in public!" Kuroko shouted at Dr. Kiyama.

"Look at me for a second. I'm not particularly special. No man in here is going to care about seeing my body." Kiyama calmly reasoned.

"Everyone has different tastes, so you can't really know! Besides which, it's not only men you should be thinking about, you know!" Kuroko argued back.

"Sarge is this…" Tony trailed off.

"Yes, welcome to my patrols." Touma replied with a sigh of resignation

By the time Kuroko had managed to prevent Dr. Kiyama from stripping her leggings, the sun was starting to go down and everyone decided it was time to head out.

"I know you're busy, so thank you for giving us this information." Kuroko said to the researche.

"No, I thank you," Kiyama insisted with a smile. "This has reminded me of the time when I was a teacher. I enjoyed it."

"I didn't realise you were a teacher before." Kuroko admitted with a smile.

"I was once." Kiyama replied before walking off, "Bye."

"I don't know what to say. She's a little different, huh?" Kuroko mused as they watched the researcher leave.

"Aren't you a little different too?" Uiharu joked at Kuroko.

"Alright then." Kuroko said, ignoring Uiharu's jab at her. "I think it's time we head back to the office now."

"That's a good idea, and we should gather whatever data we have for Dr. Kiyama." Uiharu agreed.

"Yeah, you're right. Okay then, so we're all ready to head back to the branch then, yeah?" Kuroko asked the rest of her friends.

"Saten, Tony and I have to go back to the District 7 Station." Touma explained with a wave before leaving.

"Eh?!" Kuroko suddenly cried out when she realised the only car they have for transport is being whisked away.
    +=-0-=+1+=-0-=+
    +=-0-=+1+=-0-=+

The next day Saten had gone back to work at the District 7 Station, but she isn't at her posting at the Computer Assisted Dispatch Centre, but at the Forensics Rooms, wondering about the Level-Upper Music file she had found and downloaded, with what had happened at the restaurant they forgot to give Dr. Kiyama, the music file but at least a courier had been sent to give the doctor a copy of the file.

"So what did you find out?" Saten asked the computer specialist.

"Nothing much, just mostly random sound and bits of music, here take a listen." The computer specialist replied offering Saten the spare headset.

Unfortunately for them both, they will find out that was the worst thing they could have done with the Level-Upper music file.

+=-0-=+1+=-0-=+
    +=-0-=+1+=-0-=+​

Present - Near the old condemned school District 7

Touma and his patrol team is going around some potential Level Upper distribution sites mostly as heavy back up for the Judgment Investigators, Anti-Skill is nearby for the firepower, but mostly they haven't seen much, as the Specialist Carrier Van turned a corner, their radio suddenly blared out.

<<"Officer needs assistance, possible Level-Upper deal in progress, suspects are armed and dangerous.">>

"Step on it!" Touma shouted at the driver as the Dispatcher reported the location.

"On it Sarge!" The Driver replied as the van sped down the road towards the old condemned school.

As they turned a corner into the condemned school a pipe suddenly struck their windshield.

"Oh my horrible luck." Touma cursed as he opened his door and drew out his revolver. "ARMED POLICE!" Touma announced as the van opened up and deposited the entire Patrol Team with their Shotgun, SMG Carbine and Revolvers. "Give it up!"
    "Tch, more of them!" One of the thugs muttered.

"Deal with them anyway, DSG is where they dump level zeros anyway." The other thug replied.

"Oh really?" A voice behind them asked, causing them to turn and see one of the DSG officers wearing a riot helmet and a baton at the ready. "Nice of you to underestimate us."

Then the fighting commenced, one of the thugs quickly tried to bash the DSG officer's head in with his ability, which is to make any object much heavier to anyone but himself, but unfortunately he's still a thug, and his opponent is a trained Judgment Agent.

The DSG officer dodged letting the pipe fly past him surprising the thug only to have a Baton bashed into his legs and kick to the face, the other thugs rushed Touma and the remaining DSG officers, one speeds up and tries to punch Touma who dodges to the right letting the fist fly past his head before grabbed his opponent's right arm and threw him right at the DSG Van, incapacitating him.
    The other two armed with a pipe and knife rushed the remaining three DSG officers who didn't even flinched, the one with a pipe got his pipe parried away with the DSG officer's shotgun before the buttstock of said shotgun was bashed right into the stomach of the thug, the other with the knife found himself more trouble, as the officer kicked his knife from his hand and did another kick to the chest, when the thug fell down he found himself staring right into the barrel of the SIG MPX.

Two DSG officers went and secured the first two suspects Kuroko manage to incapacitate while the last DSG officer went to the victim and escorted him away from the fight just as the Anti-Skill officers arrived on scene, while the fight was mostly over with the thugs restrained, there is still one and Kuroko is directly fighting him.

After giving the Anti-Skill officers the two suspects they were ready to rush into the building to help Kuroko when the building had collapsed right in front of them, and Kuroko had the thug on his knees in fear.

"Damn it Kuroko." Touma muttered, the only lucky thing is that the building was condemned. "I see you had things on hand." Touma said sarcastically as he approached Kuroko.

"Save it for the report." Kuroko replied to Touma before turning her attention to her suspect. "What's with the music player?" Kuroko demanded when the thug was showing her the music player he had on hand.

"But, the Level Upper." The thug said uneasily at the sight of both a DSG Sergeant and a psychotic Judgment Officer. "It's a song."

"What did you say?" Kuroko asked in confusion.

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN A SONG!" Touma shouted after grabbing the thug's collar.

"It's a song! It's a song we found on the Internet!" The thug said in a blind panic.

"Tch." Touma tsked before shoving him to the Anti-Skill officers. "Take him away before I lose my temper." Touma said to the Anti-Skill officers. "Are you freaking kidding me!" Touma shouted out loud.

+=-0-=+1+=-0-=+
    +=-0-=+1+=-0-=+

"OFFICER DOWN!" Saten shouted into her radio as she dragged the unconscious computer specialist out of the Forensics Room. "Officer down at the forensics room!" Saten continued to shout.

Suddenly two more Group 3 Officers arrived and helped carry the unconscious computer specialist out of the Forensics Room and towards the lobby where an ambulance would arrive to pick him up.

Saten could only breathe heavily as she leaned back to the wall behind her, that computer specialist has been working on the song since yesterday when she submitted the evidence after downloading it, and probably had a whole day listening to the song trying to figure it out.

Now she's infected, she had unintendedly infected herself with the Level-Upper, and now she's going to fall unconscious like the computer specialist, and she knew it, so she did the only thing she could do, pull out her good luck charm and her phone and dial a certain number.

As the phone rang, Saten lamented what had happened, and as the phone continued to ring she let out a small smile then someone answered the phone.

"Hello Uiharu?" Saten called out.

"Finally, I've been worried about you." Uiharu replied happily.

"Uiharu, he just collapsed." Saten said to Uiharu who didn't reply. "I listened to the Level-Upper with him and he just collapsed."

"Never mind where you are now!" Uiharu replied, breathing heavily as she started running.

"District 7 Station." Saten replied back with a smile.
    "Don't worry Saten, I'll be there with you!" Uiharu called out as she kept running.

"Thanks Uiharu, for being a good friend." Saten replied happily before collapsing, dropping the phone.

"Saten?" Uiharu called out when she heard the phone drop. "Saten!" Then she heard it.

"Saten's down!" A voice called out. "We have an Officer down!."
    +=-0-=+1+=-0-=+
    +=-0-=+1+=-0-=+​

Crimson Grave, OmegaS, T314 and 2 others like this.
  9. BlueRanger O-Doom

BlueRanger O-Doom Not too sore, are you?

This is really well done, and the changes with the new Judgement are having implications on how the city is being run. Especially with two Level 5s backing them.

Mager1221 likes this.