1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

A login screen...

Discussion in 'General' started by Merior, Apr 2, 2017.

1. Merior

Merior Untested Adventurer

As a random canvasing of opinions and ideas I'm wondering what people might think if, after poking at a very uninformative login prompt, they somehow got the following:

login: test
    password: password
    ================================================================================

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxWELCOME TO CLULESS v2.3

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxCLI wrapper by Willian I Zumwalt

xxxxOriginal implementations by B. Hutchins, K. Schweinorg, Touko A., et al.
    XXXXXXXXXXXXTHIS IS A LIMITED TRIAL OF THE FULL VERSION OF CLUELESS.

================================================================================

Quote for the Day:
    "It's amazing what one can accomplish when one doesn't know what one can't do."

Tip of the Day:

The cheat flag of the "isekai" command defaults to true ("-c"), but the gender a
    nd appearance flags options will generate random values ("-g rnd" and "-l rnd").

Last login: Never.
    You have 60 min 0 sec remaining of this free trial.
    The system has access to ROOT. Block transfer computations are PERMITTED.

CLULESS>
    Good luck with the references, but I really am curious about what people might do, intentionally or by accident, if this wasn't a fake. With you possibly only finding that out after they poked at the commands a bit...

(The answer I got from King_Mob , who I bounced this off privately, was "Cue horrified screaming.")

Candesce, Xoden, That_baka2 and 5 others like this.
  2. Chibi-Reaper

Chibi-Reaper D-Donations plz?

>HELP

... I'm not familiar with computers, so I probably try to find help commands, then try to google a how-to manual, having forgotten what 'isekai' means and assuming it's a game, then eventually ignore it or shut it down, concluding that I'm not going to be buying whatever this is anyway.

january1may and Prince Charon like this.
  3. alethiophile

alethiophile Shadowed Philosopher Administrator

> help
    > man isekai

Though, those references... horrified screaming, indeed.

Candesce, Merior, Xoden and 1 other person like this.
  4. Lydia

Lydia Versed in the lewd.

>isekai -?
    or if that doesn't work
    > isekai -help
    or if we want to get ROOT access as fast as possible
    > cd /

Prince Charon likes this.
  5. Merior

Merior Untested Adventurer

Well, I had meant the question in the general 'What sorts of things would you do or try with this' rather than a step by step set of actions. (I wasn't trying to make this a Quest or any sort. ^_^; )

However, as some examples and in hopes of getting some vague interest in this weird idea, I'll give you some potential results but might not do so in such an explicit manner again...

CLULESS> HELP
    Help system is now ACTIVE. May the gods have mercy on your soul...

What do you want help on?
    xxxxHint: Try asking about specific topics.
    xxxxHint: Try "help i'm being kidnapped" for rescue.
    xxxxHint: If you are injured or dying use "isekai -c -g -l" instead.
    CLULESS>
    CLULESS> man isekai
    help: isekai [+c | -c] [-g [option]] [-l [value]] [...]
    xxxxInsert user into another world, regardless of health or state of death.

xxxxTransport and transform the user to another world based upon user INTENT and
    xxxxexperience in fictional matters. May provide a 'cheat' ability, alter
    xxxxgender, and/or set a particular level of appearance. For specific target
    xxxxdestination worlds its output should be piped into another command which can
    xxxxtake a world transportation issue (i.e. cyoa, si) while preformatting of the
    xxxxtransformation may be piped in through similar commands.

xxxxWARNING: Behaviour of the command is unpredictable and depend on external
    xxxxxxdivine or transdivine resources. CLULESS can probably handle it though so
    xxxxxxI'll just call it a feature for now.

xxxxAugments:
    xxxxxx+cxxxxxxxxxLessens likelihood of useful 'cheat' ability.
    xxxxxx-cxxxxxxxxxEnsures provision of a 'cheat' ability.

xxxxOptions:
    xxxxxx-g optionxxSets gender after execution of the command. Permitted values
    xxxxxxxxare: rnd, same, other, trap, rtrap.
    xxxxxx-l valuexxxEnsures quality of looks after command execution. May override
    xxxxxxxxbehavior of -g option. Permitted values are: rnd, good, great, perfect,
    xxxxxxxxmarysue.
    CLULESS>
    CLULESS> cd /
    Invalid usage: Command "c(hange)d(imension)" requires confirmation flags.

xxxxWARNING! Destination may cause existential failure and/or preemptive
    xxxxxxintervention by Counter Guardians.

Use "cd / -magician" for execution.
    CLULESS>

Candesce, Xoden, Trilonias and 4 others like this.
  6. Biigoh

Biigoh Primordial Tanuki Moderator

Gibbers in terror.
    Set affairs in order.
    See what the paid version is like....
    And go with perfect looking mary sue random isekai with cheats on.

7. KaiserDrgn

KaiserDrgn (Verified Dragon)

CLUELESS! That's a blast from the past.

So, one hour of unlimited use of the reality editor that is more powerful the less you understand what you are doing. Unfortunately, I think I already know too much about CLUELESS to get the best use.

>find -name "*.clueless" | grep -i kaiserdrgn
    This will hopefully find my own .clueless file, which will hopefully allow me to alter my own source code. If this works, I'd then try to track down a few people's files.

>find -name "race.list"
    >compile newrace.list -fantasy.common -fantasy.extended -scifi.common -scifi.extended
    >reload race.list
    >cluecomp "*.clueless" -race rnd -immortality

Well, if that went at all like I'd hoped, I just reset everyone on earth's species to a random fantasy or scifi race and gave them immortality.
    Honestly, at this point, my work is mostly touch ups and self indulgence for the rest of the time left.

Of course if it all went horribly horribly wrong, I spent the rest of my time trying to fix it and just making a bigger mess. But what's the odds of that happening, eh?

Xoden, Prince Charon, Merior and 2 others like this.
  8. MadGreenSon

MadGreenSon Verified Devil Tiger, The Childish Yandere

Been awhile since I read Undocumented Features, but I suppose after making my waifu of choice real, I'd tech up with my favorite sci-fi tech and go find out which local building was actually a spacecraft so I can go get some immortality and a massive spaceship for use in the ridiculous multicrossover my life has just become.

Prince Charon likes this.
  9. macdjord

macdjord Well worn.

... fuck.
    > sudo shutdown -s now
    > exit
    > Go to bed
    > Whimper quietly

10. alethiophile

alethiophile Shadowed Philosopher Administrator

So how confident are you that this won't in fact shut down the universe? :V

11. macdjord

macdjord Well worn.

... right. New plan!
    > screen
    > sudo mv /etc/init/ssh.conf /etc/init/ssh.conf.disabled
    > /etc/init.d/sshd stop
    > Close the terminal
    > Hide

alethiophile likes this.
  12. Cambrian

Cambrian The Pimperor - Inspirational as Fuck

Oh? Well in this case, knowing just this and nothing else about clueless or how to operate the system at all, I suppose I'd end up accidentally turning the world into my fantasy paradise where everyone has perfect bodies, perfect health, and no taboos or inhibitions.

We'd all die horribly I imagine, but what a blaze of glory it'd be...