1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Band (Worm/Scion)

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by BrotherMouse518, Jul 26, 2020.

1. Extras: How Scions are Made & A Quick Update
    BrotherMouse518

BrotherMouse518 Spastic Mouse

So quick update; Expect the new chapter to be out Wexnesday at the earliest and this weekend at the latest. Woke up dead and i have to work early the next two days so I'm not going to have as much time to dedicate to writing it (that and i can't slam energy drinks safely when i have work in the morning.)

But I would like to take the opportunity to talk about some of the intersting bits of Scion lore.

Did you know that aesexual gods, virginal goddesses, gods lacking the necessary equipment, and gods that are forever devoted to a single partner can still make Scions?

Yeah, there are a mutlitude of ways to make Scions other than the traditional "stick and poke" method [​IMG]

In 1st edition Scions could only be made by traditional means and then if a deity that couldn't or wouldn't have children wanted a Scion they could "Adopt" a Scion and replace their original parent's powers with their adopted parent's. A scion could be born of two gods if both gods had an Avatar on Earth or "The World" as the gods call the mortal realms (this was detailed in Scion: Companion in the Hindu Pantheon/The Deva section)

In 2nd Edition they expanded this by having Scions also being made through esoteric means (Think Snow Drop from Grimm's Fairy tales), being the newest mortal incarnation of a god (Think the Avatars of Hindu mythology), or being Chosen by a god and granted patronage (Like a Paladin or Cleric from D&D).

Now you are probably asking yourself if any of that matters mechanically?

It really doesn't. As far as being the Scion of two gods goes, you just chose one of your parents and take the traits from one of them. OR you take half from one, and half from the other. Discuss with your Game Master/Dungeon Master/Storyteller before doing so.

Of course this was 1st edition and has yet to be addressed in 2nd edition.

2. Extras: About Scion
    BrotherMouse518

Glad you're enjoying it! While you won't need to know anything about the scion side of things (i plan on expositing when natural and necessary) Heres a quick rundown;

Scion is a tabletop RPG published by White Wolf Publishing (1st Edition) and Onyx Path Publishing (2nd Edition) where you play as the children (or from 2nd Ed on; Chosen and Created) of the gods. Which Gods? WHICHEVER THE FUCK YOU WANT!

(at least if youre willing to homebrew or look for it)

In actuality, the base game in 1st ed comes with;
    Greek Gods (Dodekatheon in 1e, Theoi in 2e)
    Norse Gods (Aesir in both)
    Japanese Gods (Just Kami in 1e, Amatsukami in 2e)
    Voodoo Gods (The Loa)
    Egyptian Gods (The Netjer)
    Aztec Gods (....i'll go back and edit the names in i keep forgetting either version)

The Scion Companion added;
    The Tuatha De Daanan (THE CELTIC GODS!)
    The Chinese Gods (Celestial Beauracracy in 1e, The Shen in 2e
    The Hindu Gods (The Devas)

With a digital addition of the Persian gods (The Yazata) later

2nd Ed added the Yoruba gods and the Algonquin Manitou and more to come.

So now you can essentially do Percy Jackson, God Of War, American Gods, and various other shit like that with your friends! The prepackaged metaplot and setting varies across editions

1e; The Titans (which in this are the primordial forces of creation and entire realms that take on Avatars to give themselves context) are breaking free and their servants are starting to reak havoc across the world. Are you a bad enough dude to kick their asses and eventually become a full god and kick the Titans' asses?

2e; All myths and legends are true even if they contradict each other, the gods are active and shit, and yet the world is 99% like ours and despite divine intervention being a thing [INSERT AUTHOR'S PET ISSUE OR GRIPE WITH HISTORY HERE] still happened and magic shit happens i guess.

yeah we toss out 2e's metaplot out the window in favor of 1e or make our own.

Great game, 10/10 would recommend. 1st ed is fun but a broken mess, 2nd ed iz fun but has shit metaplot and requires you to make up a lotta shit on your own and some people dont like or want to do that.

3. Extras: Re; The Direction of The Story
    BrotherMouse518

Once this story hits post Leviathan, things will begin to go off of Worm's rails almost completely and go deep into the Scion side of things.

Of course by then we'd be towards the peak of the Hero tier of Scion and start dipping into Demigod status. Which at that point even the "wimpiest" Scions can stand toe to toe with some pretty tough shit that would make even The Triumvirate (why does Wildbow's naming convention for heroes always make everyone sound so...lame?) start to have some trouble.

What does this mean?

Original Antagonists.

I am aware im kinda counting eggs before they hatch, but its best to throw shit that 90% likely will be in and wouldnt be a spoiler to discuss for those not quite sold on the story yet.

Bowler Hat Guy and Happerry like this.
  4. Extras: Scion Powers & You
    BrotherMouse518

Well, tonight i will resume writing Band. To tide you all over I figured I'd put out some more info on Scion, pose some questions for you, and touch bade with you, the readers.

First Off; Powers.

What kind do Scions get? Lots. Just for being a Scion, they can heal faster, fight on longer, and basically always about to be at the wrong/right place at the right time. Then comes Purviews and Knacks.

Purviews are like Cleric Domains in D&D/Pathfinder, in 1e the powers you get are very linear along a dot level progression. However in 2e there are Purview Powers (which you get two of three of them out the gate) and you can channel that purview into a Marvel for a more freeform use (for example you can use the Fire purview literally to make fire or figuratively to stoke the fires of passion in someone). Whats the limit to this? Unless the purview you are using is innate (of which you only get two; the Pantheon Specific Purview of your pantheon, and one of your parent's) you have to have a motif tied to the source of that purview. More on that in a bit.

What are Knacks? They are essentially perks, in 2e they are perks that follow the Calling (or story archetype) of a Scion and they are essentially super skills. For example, if a Scion had Healer as one of their callings one of the Knacks they could pick up allows them to be able to do any surgery as if they were in a clean, sterile, room, with literally everything they needed to complete it even if they were on a deserted island and armed with nothing but a pair of tweezers and a squirrel can do complex open heart surgery.

Its kind of ridiculous.

Now Gods don't need anything to channel their non innate purviews (anymore), but their Heroic and Demigod level Scions do. We call those Birthrights.

Birthrights come in three categories; Relics (stuff like Gae Bolg, Poseidon's tridrnt, Excalibur, etc), Guides (Mentor figures and the like), and Creatures (Hugin & Mugin, Pegasus, etc). Technically there's Followers but those are just that. Followers (even if they could be shit like Wolf Warriors, Amazons, Valkyries, Myrmidons, etc). Primarily with Relics, you write a sentence long phrase that describes how the item channels that purview. This is what I mentioned earlier; motifs. Example, a pair Scions could have control of the Sky Purview (which is as much the power of thunder and lightning as it is flight and wind) but their motifs are different and thus they use those powers differently. An example of this is Zeus using his bolts to hurl lightning around, while Susanoo creates great storms, and Quetzalcoatl flies around and brings winds. All three of them are using the Sky purview, but their motifs are different.

Thats a quick (and hopefully coherent) shpeal on Scion powers, if something needs elaboration please ask and I will answer to the best of my ability as quickly as possible, I lurk on the thread on and off every day (i have no life).

And now the Question(s)

One for you guys;

If you were in a Scion game, what would your Scion's patron be?

Some Feedback for me;

Do I ask for feedback too much?

Do I drop these updates posts too often?

If so, should I hold off on them entirely or just drop some immediately chapter update?

5. Extras: An Update and some 1.X Trivia
    BrotherMouse518

Alright lads and lasses, a quick writing process update with a side order of trivia!;

So, this week I'm gonna be finally getting fulltime hours for this week since its a holiday week here in the states, and due to the lockdown my job is at reduced hours. THAT MEANS OVERTIME AND HOLIDAY PAY! WOO! Which means the MEATY Interlude where we will go into the last week of Christmas break in Brockton Bay and we get to see the aftermath of that day of miracles; 01/01/11 is gonna be delayed to Saturday at the earliest. Its going to be a bunch of vignettes from the following characters;

Taylor Hebert, Emily Piggot, Walter Connolly, and Donnie Rhodes III

What will we get?

We meet another member of the Band, we get some info on the events at Ellisburg, the identity of Walt's divine progenitors, and a little bit of what The Gods are up to.

I hope you enjoy it when it comes out.

1.1 was written entirely off the cuff as a way for me to get back into writing and was the first thing I had written creatively in over a decade. Walt smiling is something I intended to come off as awkward, as if he didn't know how. However, as I am not very good at this it seems like him flirting (to me) and Taylor doesnt even mention it in 1.2

Originally Eric, Walt's father was going to be he first and primary OC we interacted with. However, his personality and "loadout" made him seem like some tween YA novel protagonists love interest. A Violent Bad Boy with edgy 90s hero powers. Thus Walt was made to fit the same archetype of Cowboy but far friendlier but far more socially inept.

I threw in a lot of musical references in 1.7, 1.8., and Traffic Report 1. Why? Because I was thinking about a lot of songs I liked while I wrote them.

1.7, "Sour and Gunpowder" is a reference to a song and a lyric in another song by rapper Riff Raff. The song and lyric are a reference to drugs, which I didnt find out till after I wrote out he chaoter, I just thought it fit Walt's -ness to a T.

1.8 has many references to the second studio album Pretty Odd by Panic! At The Disco. The album is very evocative of dreams and the music video for Nine in The Afternoon was a big inspiration for the visual feel within my mind as I wrote it.

In the case of Traffic Report was heavily inspired by the first track of the as of yet final MCR Album, Danger Days. Look Alive Sunshine. Where the greek chorus of the concept album, Doctor Death Defying (Doctor D for short) calls the band to action. DoktorD's screen name, mannerisms, and "109 in the sky" come from it.

The Danger Days album is actually a big part of why I wrote the fic in the first place. The album as a whole resonates with me as the perfect sound to kick the door of a dark and grim world down and I blast the tracks often when I ride to work.

That's all for this update. I appreciate your readership and interaction, and value it greatly. It fuels me to keep going. Have a wonderful day, and stay safe out there.

6. Extras: The Rules of the Crossover
    BrotherMouse518

The Rules of this Scion/Parahumans Crossover​

Due to how varied their powers are and how wildly different they are, having a 1:1 matchup on the mechanical scale is impossible without houserules. As the proverbial DM in this instance I have made some;

Scions are still very much bound to their tiers and Fate, a Pre-Visitation tier Scion and a Hero tier Scion are in very different weight classes and thus cannot really punch outside of them. Fatebindings and the chains of Fate are also a factor for them, thus even if a Scion wanted to lay low in a hairy situation they WILL be dragged back into the conflict they are avoiding. No ifs ands or butts. On the flipside; as Parahumans are Human+ and not supernatural by any means, Parahumans are not bound to Fate or the tier system of Scion. So if a Parahuman was determined to disappear, nothing could really stop them.

Why?​

Fate loves humanity and thus doesn’t go as hard on them (as a whole)

Parahumans who have abilities that can influence/puppet/control people no longer are guaranteed to succeed. At least against Scions and creatures of Legend. In game terms the Scion would have to roll either Willpower (in 1e) or Resolve + Integrity (in 2e) and anything they can use to modify their dice roll or dice pool (that would be appropriate in the scenario) CAN be used. Don’t matter what it is, a Scion of any tier, a creature of Legend of any stripe, can do this roll. Gods flat out negate it.

Parahuman precognitive abilities cannot factor in Scions/Gods/Creatures of Legend AT ALL, unless that Parahuman is Fatebound to a Scion/God/Creature of Legend. Likewise, Divine/Magical precognition cannot target Parahumans barring that of a God who has a precognition Knack or Purview, or exceptionally high Legend Scion/Creature of Legend who is invoking a title as a Feat of Scale.

In terms of matchups; it comes down to this. If a Parahuman has the Willpower to do so, if they are in more control than their Shard, they have confidence in their own capabilites, and the more the understand their powers will determine their weightclass. Unless they try to take on a God, Titan’s Avatar, or Titan

At that point, please re-evaluate your life choices and hope they are merciful.

THE EXCEPTION; If a Scion/Titanspawn/Creature of Legend are acting in a way that makes something Fated to happen, such as a Scion swearing an oath to hunt down and kill someone/something and taking every opportunity to fulfill that oath. Only then can Parahuman/Shard Based precognition factor in such things without being Fatebound in any capacity.

Scions and Creatures of Legend are unable to become Parahuman. They will never Trigger. Ever. Period.

Parahumans can become Scions (and therefore rise to Demigod and God if they last that long). However this is a very rare occurrence and requires the following;
    1. The Parahuman must become Fatebound to a Scion/God/Titan/Creature of Legend
    2. The Parahuman must perform deeds worthy of forming a Legend
    3. The Parahuman must reach a breaking point similar to one that would cause a Second Trigger. (Think of it like a Resolve roll from Darkest Dungeon but permanent; Affliction is Second Trigger and Virtuous is becoming a Scion.)

Now on to some SUPER SPOILERS

How do The Endbringers fit in to all of this?​

Fate does not like them or favor them in any capacity and thus has given their favorite toys (Scions) the means to face them.

Scions can detect when and where an Endbringer will strike within a week of the attack, however only Scions who have means of Divine/Magical precognition would be able to realize what is happening as it usually manifests as a vague feeling of “Something REALLY bad is going to happen somewhere in that direction” at best. Prophets flat out know exactly what the vague dread and direction is and will either go out of their way to warn EVERYBODY or GTFO while the getting is good.

Usage of Scion’s Birthrights (their Relics, their Guides, their Creatures, their Followers with supernatural abilities), Purviews, and Knacks can bypass all “resistances” Endbringers have within reason (Bashing damage is still Bashing damage, that shit will not do enough to flow over into Lethal my dude stop trying to cherry tap the damn thing).

If enough Scions (the higher tier the better) use an appropriate Purview, they can weaken or even negate an Endbringer’s “Zone Control” abilities (Behemoth’s Kill Field, Leviathan’s Storm, Simurgh’s telepathic Scream/Song) and may even be enough to lightly weaken their offensive capabilities (but not negate, Fate still wants a fight dammit)

How do The Entities fit in all of this?​

That we will have to get into within the Fic itself my friends

Why have the Gods not intervened?​

Again, something we will have to get into in the story proper.

OK, but what exactly are The Mists?​

This I can partially answer; When YHVH Fatebound himself into so many contradictory ways as to essentially becoming a crying mess in constant schizophrenic pain, the rest of the gods realized that they would have to withdraw from The World and let the Mortals go at it on their own (For the most part) and limit their interaction with The World to a minimum. Thus they did a lot of endgame level questing to make a worldwide “Mist” that would hide the supernatural from the mundane and keep both worlds save. Sadly it aint perfect and shit slips in to both sides quite often (so long as its small) in the modern day, bigger and bigger shit is coming in on occasion and nobody knows why (I DO, AND WE’LL GET INTO THAT AT A LATER DATE!)

If Scions are made and active even in the time of Parahumans, where are they all?​

The Short Answer I can give; They were told to maintain as low a profile as possible and essentially act as supernatural border patrol until given further notice.
    So what the fuck changed?
    We’ll get to that in the fanfic my friends.

And with that, our quick rundown of the rules is over.

IF I HAVE MISSED ANYTHING, IF THERE IS A QUESTION YOU HAD THAT WENT UNANSWERED AND YOU WOULD LIKE ME TO ANSWER IT, PLEASE LEAVE A REPLY OR COMMENT AND I WILL AMEND THIS INFO PIECE AFTER MY REPLY. PLEASE AND THANK YOU!​

Last edited: Sep 12, 2020
  7. Extras: Relic Creation + Backend Update
    BrotherMouse518

Alrighty boys and girls it’s time for a proper backend update!

First Off; the Gun Poll, at 18 votes total and the majority of them going to the Remington New Model Army, we have our first Relic for Walt!

Which brings me to a bit of the game mechanics of Scion 2nd Edition.

It’s time to build a Relic!

At character creation, a post-visitation Scion will have 11 points to spend across his/her/their Birthrights. For those of you who don’t recall, Birthrights are the Relics, Creatures, Followers, and Guides bestowed upon Scions by their Patron deities post visitation.

So to build the Relic in chargen first we must determine what it is. We already know what this relic will be; a Weapon. Which means we have to take the base template of a weapon in Scion, in this case a Pistol, and figure out it’s tags (the traits of the weapon that determine what it does mechanically)

A Pistol in Scion 2e has the following tags; Concealable, Firearm, Lethal, Piercing, Ranged.

What does this mean?

Concealable gives Enhancement 1 (which means an additional success if you succeed your roll at all, doesn’t matter if you only have one to begin with.) to any roll to hide, conceal, or sneak the weapon in an appropriate scenario.

Firearm means the weapon is used by rolling the Firearms (Or Marksmanship if your DM/GM/Storyteller is using that house rule) skill and it adds Enhancement 1 to the roll.

Lethal means it does Lethal damage (As opposed to Bashing damage or Aggravated damage) and can inflict appropriate Conditions if you spend successes on them.

Piercing means attacks from this weapon will reduce the target’s Hard (think plate mail) Armor by 1 and Soft (think heavy padding) Armor by 2 when dealing damage, thus negating that level of damage mitigation.

Ranged is obvious; it’s a ranged weapon. You get a Difficulty increase of 1 for using it in the Close range band and it adds Enhancement 1 to attack rolls.

Now we move on to the Relic side of things with giving it powers. We’ll be using the expanded relic creation rules from Scion 2e’s Mysteries of The World supplement book for our guidelines on power cost (base stuff is very vague and open ended in the core book) in addition to the relic rules in Scion Hero.

So first we start off with the cost of the relic, it’s Rating. Ratings go from 1-5 time will tell if that will increase with Demigod and God’s releases. We are going to spend 3 dots on this relic, giving this Remington a rating of 3

Now we move on to it’s associated Deed. In Scion 2nd Edition, Deeds are goals you set for the Short (Session to Session), Long (Chapter of the Campaign) terms, and for your Band as a whole. It is an additional way to gain experience and a way for you as the player craft a Heroic narrative for your Scion. For instance, when I played Scion 2e for the first time as
    Erik Helson, Government Name; Eric Connolly (yes Walt’s Dad)
    his Short Term Deed was to use one of his Relics effectively, his Long Term Deed was to prove himself worthy to his Patron, sadly due to real life shit I never got to reach the stage where we as a band got to make a Band deed. In the case of Relics, the Deed it’s associated with is the Deed/story where you got it. Think Beowulf grabbing Hrunting out of the treasure hordes when fighting Grendel’s mother. If it came from your character’s Visitation then it’s deed is Visitation. Since this Relic is a Visitation relic from chargen, that’s what it’s deed is.

We go on to Purviews the Relic channels, as I’ve said in a prior post, Purviews are the Divine/Magical control over something, in Scion 2e the Purviews are as follows; Artistry (Arts & Crafts), Beasts (Animals, you can also specify which animals or just blanket them depending on what you’re going for), Beauty (both in the sense of being Beautiful and being monstrous looking), Chaos, Darkness (this also covers Dreams), Death, Deception (Not just lying or hiding things but illusions as well), Earth (metal as well), Epic Dexterity, Epic Strength, Epic Stamina (basically the stuff that makes you a Dynasty Warriors, Bollywood movie, or Anime character), Fertility (both in the sense of plants/agriculture and sex/reproduction), Fire (both literal, metaphorical, and metaphysical), Forge (Be the greatest engineer, smith, programmer, etc), Fortune (both in the sense of Luck and the sense of Prophecy), Frost (you know, cold. With the same applications as Fire but...cold), Health (Life in general, but also in addition to illness, age, pestilence), Journeys (both in the sense of travel, roads/walkways, and vehicles), Moon (this also counts as purview over the Night.), Order (wether it be codified Laws, social norms, or just plane a code of conduct), Passion (as in Emotions. When you take this purview you have to specify one to three.), Prosperity (Be the god of money! Or be the god of being a broke ass. You do you), Sky (Wind, Rain, Storms, lightning, flight, the whole nine), Stars (Space, constellations, astrology, astronomy, that kind of stuff.), Sun (also Light and the rising and setting of the sun as a metaphot.), War (Conflict in general, weather it be a war of words or weapons. Also being a good commander.), Water (Fresh or Salt, man made waterways and plumbing or natural bodies of water. It’s yours.), and last but not least Wild (As in power over the wilderness itself on every level).

Since this weapon doesn’t channel any Purviews we leave that blank.

If we were to tie Purviews to it we would also have to give the Relic a Motif for when it channels that Purview. For instance, the first character I made to test out chargen for Scion 2e was a Son of Santa Muerte with a sawn off shotgun based off the one that Antonio Banderas’ character El Mariachi uses in Once Upon a Time in Mexico (and I think the rest of the Mariachi trilogy too). It channeled the Fire purview and it’s Motif was “Searing Ash and Cinders that Rend Flesh from Bone”. The Motif as I said in a prior post is the guideline for what you can do with that Purview. In this case, this shotgun spat out ash and cinders that would utterly destroy shit with the heat, so when using the Fire purview the Scion would only be able to wreck havoc and destruction with his use of it.

Enhancement(s) added by it, we’re not adding any so it’s gonna be blank.

A Knack, which for Relics is basically an ability it can do. This is where we will be spending those three points. Now, while I would love to give this gun unlimited ammo that would cost all three points ( as per the relic power cost chart in Mysteries of the World and it would be kind of boring. So we’re going to add one of the example Relic’s knacks to it, it’s a one dot relic (so in otherwords we made this for the Knack alone) called Fae-Shot since its a one dot we’re gonna spend one point to get its power. What does it do? It let’s you spend successes to paralyze your target instead of dealing damage if you successfully attacked them. In this case, this Remington turns the bullets fired from it into paralytic projectiles. Now for the next one we’ll be adding another Knack, this time a custom one we’ll simply call “Ricochet” for one point. Ricochet will be a special knack stunt that we can spend successes on (one per shot fired) to make bullets ricochet off surfaces. Finally we’re going to add one last one dot Knack to it; we’re gonna call it “Finneseful Fanning” since this is on the beefier side we’re gonna say the cost for this is Imbuing (temporarily spending X amount of points of Legend until the Boon/Knack/Whatever is done as opposed to flat out spending it and not getting it back) one Legend to make the gun fire accurately and without penalty when you fan the hammer.

Pretty sweet eh?

And lastly Flaws to add so we can put more points into it. We won’t be adding those.

Which gives us our Relic, which we will call; Ceanglóir Amadán or Fool-Binder in English. Walt’s first of three birthrights (which we will get the details of come his Visitation). Not bad for a demigod cowboy eh?

Now for a little bit on HEMA, while I was zombie-ing my way through the day (recovering from low sleep days of work) I looked up HEMA Longsword form videos and stumbled across a fight scene that used proper Longsword techniques and actual historical European hand to hand techniques for the choreography.

For those of you who wanted a visual for how Dino fights here you go

Also here’s some great YouTubers that cover HEMA, Historical Weaponry and Warfare, as well as occasionally do weapon reviews or fun little "How pracical is X weapon from Y Show/Movie/Etc" for further research;

Skallagrim

Shadiversity

Björn Rüther

Sidenote a great YouTuber that that chained god the almighty YouTube Reccomended Algorithim showed me in a divine revelation that covers historical dress (and its reproduction) that I can’t get enough of and who’s asthetic is on fucking point.

Bernadette Banner

Lastly a quick word on what’s next;

Over the next week I’ll be writing the “B” side of Days Gone By, with Taylor as our focus character in addition to our next Bandmate. I doubt the writing process will be as arduous as the “A” Side but it will still probably take a minute and be 2k minimum but more than likely 4k minimum with how I write things. Then it’s off to the “C” Side which will be far shorter but have more hooks and Scion side goodness interacting with Parahuman jank, and lastly the “D” side which I’m debating weather or not to just have it be 2.1 instead of the 2.1 I had planned. Idk, it’s gonna be third person regardless so it may be more fit for being the “D” side rather than 2.1 if you guys have any preference lemme know.

That’s all for now, you guys have a good one.

Special thanks to everyone who gives feedback, discusses, or just leaves kudos comments. You guys make my day!

8. Extras: Art of Asskicking #1
    BrotherMouse518

■​

Welcome to the Parahumans Online message boards.
    You are currently logged in, TJ_On_The_Moon
    You are viewing:
    • Threads you have replied to
    • AND Threads that have new replies
    • OR private message conversations with new replies
    • Thread OP is displayed.
    • Ten posts per page
    • Last ten messages in private message history.
    • Threads and private messages are ordered chronologically.
    ■​

♦ Topic: Doing (in) The Nasty!
    In: Boards ► The Art of Asskicking
    TJ_On_The_Moon
    (Original Poster) (Verified Scion) (Verified Journalist) (Verified Asskicker)
    Posted On Jan 5th 2011:
    DENIZENS OF THE WORLD!

The Mists are parting out there and there's shit that the Lamestream can't or won't tell you about and The Protectorate can't Protect you from.

That's what this board was made for; to teach you guys how to kick that shit's ass.

My name is TJ, I'm one of the old heads that knows whats out there and we all just got the OK that we get to Masque off! Of course fat chance of anyone believing us, hence this board. Believe it or not, if you read this board and keep the information to heart you may just save someones life.

Maybe even your own

We're going to start with something that you club rockers and party animals have probably already ran into; A Nasty, or Vro̱merós in Greek.

Those of you who ever studied Greek Mythology know about Satyrs right? Dionysus' buddies, cloven hooves, goat horns, love to drink, dance, sing, fuck, and generally have a good time? Well a Nasty is their crackhead homeless cousins who don't believe in bathing, safe sex, consent, not taking hard drugs, not sharing needles, and are in general unpleasant to be around.

All of these guys used to be normal Satyrs until they took their partying way to hard, by Satyr standards that is. Taking a hit of meth, or catching an STD while in the midst of their usual inebriation won't be enough to make a Nasty. Doing all of that in the same night and doing it WILLINGLY while SOBER? Yeah, Satyr's now more than likely a Nasty. Most of the time Satyr's drown them in boiling oil and be done with it but they have been known to skedaddle as soon as they realize what they did.

Now you're probably asking yourself; "TJ, these guys don't sound so tough. They sound like the average homeless junkie but with fucked up legs and horns"

Yeah, but these are mythological creatures hypothetical duder. They are WAY more than atypical appendages.

Nasties have two tricks up their track mark laden sleeves;

You ever see a bunch of people flip the fuck out for no reason at a big party like a rave or at the club? Smell something really disgusting and then suddenly the biggest mass of people there start doing shit they normally wouldn't? That's a Nasty working their own bit of magic; they can make people go into a Frenzy just by focusing (as difficult as that is for these degenerates) hard enough.

Luckily there's a way to beat it; willpower. Plain and simple, you have to will yourself over your own base instincts. You have to WANT to not be a disgusting vile sack of shit. For some that'll be as easy as breathing but for others its impossible. Theres a trick that I know the fellas use to not pop one in gym class; think about something that is an instant turn off. math class, your grandma in a g string, Zion in nothing but a gimp suit and a cock sock (HE SAID IT WITH A Z YOU IDIOTS!) you get the idea.

Now for their second trick; the older and more experienced of these sick fucks can actually WEAPONIZE THEIR UNHOLY ODOR. Yeah these fuckers can make themselves smell so bad they can make you vomit uncontrollably. How do you counter it? Wear a gas mask and maybe hose em down with a fire hose or a super soaker filled with some kind of deodorizer.

Other than that? Yeah these guys are as squishy as your average joe.

Shoot em. Stab em. They die.

(PLEASE NOTE THAT THEY CANNOT DISGUISE THEMSELVES OTHER THAN WEARING LAYERS YOU FUCKERS BETTER CONFIRM THAT THEY ARE ACTUALLY NASTIES AND NOT COSPLAYERS OR SOME SHIT)

Seriously, take their headwear off and maybe pants em to confirm the goods. Wear a hazmat suit when doing it, you don't wan't to catch like ALL the STDs and maybe leprosy.

(Showing page 1 of 69)

►Ne
    Replied On Jan 5th 2011:​
    I was wondering when someone who could ACTUALLY MAKE A THREAD ON ONE OF THESE NEW BOARDS would post in it and see what thios threads about​

anyway​

FIRST​

►Vista (Verified Cape) (Wards ENE)​
    Oh great, now this site is advocating murder. Just so you know we're gonna catch you and bring you to justice!​

►TJ_On_The_Moon (Original Poster) (Verified Scion) (Verified Journalist) (Verified Asskicker)​
    Oh shit I forgot that Starborn posted on here too.​

Anyway, not murder kiddo. The shit that goes up in this thread (ONLY POSTED BY VERIFIED ASSKICKERS) is only for self defense purposes. Like I said in th eOP; confirm before y'all go Van Helsing on a motherfucker.​

As for Starborn; your powers are not guaranteed to work on them the same way as another Starborn or a regular Mortal.​

Luckliy for you; I got it on good authroity that spacial fuckery like yours is probably gonna work fine on one of those things. Dunno about your buddy Gallant tho.​

Stay strong Starborn!​

►Vista (Verified Cape) (Wards ENE)​
    Starborn?​

►TJ_On_The_Moon (Original Poster) (Verified Scion) (Verified Journalist) (Verified Asskicker)​
    Don't worry, that will make sense later.​

►Bagrat (Veteran Member) (The Guy in the Know)​
    Ok, This is a little odd timing.​

So apparently last night in Brockton Bay, a bunch of bums were found fried to a crisp by a freak lightning strike. Right next to a flash fried individual who fits the description of a Satyr but smelling far worse (even discounting the scent of fried bum)​

This one of those Nasties, TJ?​

Got in one! Can't say who or what done it in. I ain't omniscient, and nobody I know or work with is. Where there's one theres usually a couple more. I'd up your usual avoidance of the homeless, junkie, and trailer trash from a 5 to an 11 until a couple more come up dead.​

►XxVoid_CowboyxX (In Horny Jail)​
    Wait so are there...​

female satyrs?​

asking for a friend...​

...ok the friend is me.​

►MadMod (Moderator)​
    Ok, time to flex a new temp ban tool. BOOP!​

End of Page. 1, 2, 3 ... 67, 68, 69

(Showing page 2 of 69)

My condolences to your libido.​

Short Answer: Kinda. They're called Fawns, you won't find one unless they want you to find them. Also, fair warning - odds are they'll break your pelvis.​

Also pray that you're not TOO good. Death by snu snu.​

►Mane Magenta
    ...​

OK. Now I now why you have to be 18 to make an account now.​

Hey he asked, also LOVE THE NEW TAG! thx @DoktorD​

►Whitecollar (Cape Wife)​
    Good fucking god what has happened to this site...​

End of Page. 1, 2, 3, 4 ... 67, 68, 69

Ok, I had some inspiration to do this. Basically the rules free writeup for the Denizen, Creature, or other shit. This was all spur of the moment off the cuff. Either way, I hope you enjoyed it! Plemme know if you want more or to just drop em.

9. Extras: Art of Asskicking - Extra #1
    Simonbob

Simonbob Really? You don't say.

You are currently logged in, HorseMom!
    You are viewing:
    • Ten posts per page

♦ Topic: Dealing with Dwarves.
    HorseMom!
    (Original Poster) (Verified Lawyer) (Verified Asskicker)
    Posted On Jan 6th 2011:
    DENIZENS OF THE WORLD! (I stole that bit!)

Here's what you need to know about Dwarves.

The first thing you need to know? All those stories in the books? They came from the imagination of people who'd never even met somebody who met somebody who met an actual Dwarf.

That said, a lot of them were closer than they know. First thing you need to know, the reason they're linked to the Norse Gods is because, like the Norse and their Gods, they like to fight. And Drink. In fact, they rarely manage to squeeze any actual crafting between drunken brawls. As such, if you want to deal with one, bring the best booze you can, and start with a friendly punch to the nose. And you'd better put up a decent fight, even if you don't win! Then, share the drink afterwards, and you'll make firm friends.

Second, Dwarves are quite good at crafting, but only at three things. One, beer. Two, brawls. Three, the illusion that it was them that made that awesome sword/armor/ring/whatever! instead of some poor elf who got mugged by said Dwarf some time in the past.

Third, and last thing? If you have some awesome metalwork, don't tempt a Dwarf with it! Leave it at home, or be prepared for a theving attempt.

So, to sum up? Treat them like a bunch of biker thugs, and you can't go wrong.

10. Extras: Homebrew: Nasties
    BrotherMouse518

Vromeros/Nasty

Tier: Origin
    Archetype: Monster
    Qualities: Natural Weapon (Hooved Feet), Unnatural Behavior (Debauchery)
    Flairs: Degenerative Frenzy, Unnatural Musk
    Drive: Be a degenerate, spread their "revelry", have a "good time"
    Primary Pool: 11
    Secondary Pool: 9
    Desperation Pool: 5
    Health/Stress: 5
    Defense: 3
    Armor: 0 (If naked, if you want to make them tougher add appropriate armor)
    Initiative: 7

NEW FLAIRS
    Degenerate Frenzy
    Type: Occult
    Cost: 1 Tension
    Duration: 1 Turn for every failure to resist, +1 additional turn if resist roll botches.
    Subject: All Targets within close range of Antagonist
    Range: Self
    Cooldown: 1 Round (or 1d6 Rounds for you folks wanting a more random time)

All targets within range of the Antagonist make a resitance roll (choose skills appropriate of vector), all who fail suffer their failed roll (up to a maximum of -3) as a complication, if targets botch they are now under the Degenerate Frenzy Condition

Degenerate Frenzy (Condition)
    Effect: Your Character has devolved to their baser urges and is now in a frenzied state (example below)
    Examples:
    Anger - Your Character's Rage is clouding their judgement. When attacking, flip a coin and have the player call it. If player calls it they attack the intended target. If not, they attack one of their allies (or someone else close by)
    Be sure to discuss with your gaming group what they are ok having beforehand. Not every group is ok with becoming Chev Chelios in Crank 2
    Momentum: Your addled and frenzied state is impairing your actions and judgement. Gain the complication level in momentum,
    Resolution: Appropriate Calling, healing magic, an additional resistance roll (with complication), or if no longer around antagonist; d4 hours

Unnatural Musk
    Type: Physical
    Cost: 1 Tension
    Duration: 1d4 Rounds
    Subject: All Targets within close range of Antagonist
    Range: Self
    Cooldown: 1 Round (or 1d6 Rounds for you folks wanting a more random time)
    When Antagonist with this flair makes a full defense they may spend a point of tension to unleash their foul stench. All targets within range make a resistance roll, if they fail they now suffer a -1 Complication (-2 if they botch)

Example Trophies:

Cleaned Skull
    A bit on the gruesome side of trophies but the clear evidence of a long period of drug abuse and disease show through on the skulls of these degenerate creatures. If given to a Satyr, they will surely welcome you with open arms for cleansing their degenerate former kin
    Perhaps they would even be willing to do your character or band a favor.

Example Crafted Relic:

Vromeros Musk Censer (Rating 2)
    A censer made with the magically preserved musk glands of a Nasty, when swung can unleash projectile clouds of the creatures foul stench.
    This relic also can be used in a similar manner as a meteor hammer with the following tags; Bashing (0), Melee (0), Reach (1), Stun (1)
    Knack: Imbue 1 Point of Legend, The wielder may now perform the Foul Stench Bomb Stunt

Foul Stench Bomb (2 Successes)
    Targets caught in the range of the attack suffer from the foul and unholy stench, some even retch violently. The attack has the following tags; Arcing (1), Shockwave (4), Soft (-3), Thrown (0)
    Result: Targets who fail to dodge or resist are now under the Sickened condition.

Notes
    As they are degenerate Satyr, use the variant Denizen rules in the core books and take whatever part of Satyr you feel appropos when maknig a Vromeros Storyguide Character or recurring antagonist.

11. Extras: Media: Some Scion Mood Music
    BrotherMouse518

"D" Side of Days Gone By is half done but while I was waiting on some folks in some discord servers I'm in to help bounce ideas off of I made a bit of mood music playlist for Scion. Not necessarily for this fic, but for your games/campaigns/chronicles if you felt like it.
    I tried to get the gamut of genres for the main pantheons although I only really got some Aesir, Kami, Shen (kind of), and like maybe two songs for the Loa. I'll add to it as I go to widen it.

Most of the music is from video games, mainly because I was playing video games before tabletop games and to this day game OSTs have more effort and soul put into them then most of the garbage I have to listen to at work.

The tracks from Tekken lean towards the EDM of the time the game its from came out and fit most modern urban brawls in the open. There are still some moody and low key tracks that will be good for mood setting in these same environments as well as some harder tracks that would suit a clash with a major antagonist.

God of War/Dad of Boy's OST is good for Aesir mood setting and the sound tracks from previous games are good generic "Epic Myth" fights but they blend together to me.

Musashi Samurai Legend has a nice soundtrack for lighter backgrounds and steady paced crawls through "Dungeons" even if Scion wasn't built for dungeon crawling. Aeolic Guardian is my personal favorite on the album

Okami's entire OST is perfect for Kami centric stories and encounters, hell its in the name of the game!

The Bouncer was a launch title for the PS2 with character designs by Tetsuya Nomura and had a killer OST. Sion's Theme is a great first fight theme to pull out when the brawl kicks off the campaign, Volt's theme has a sick as fuck lick at the beginning to maintain the tension of a tougher fight, and Kou's theme for when victory is in your grasp! Mugetsu's theme is a nice track with some traditional Japanese instrumentation for you Kami Scions and Hou/Wong's theme for some steady mood.

The KOF Tracks are a bit bouncier on the rock side of things and are great for lower stakes fights

Guilty Gear has some metal instrumentals worth having for harder fights; Holy Orders reminds me of Castlevania for some reason and would go great in a battle against the undead, Jack-A-Dandy is jazzy and great for your investigation scenes, No Mercy is there for your hype metal fight!

Godhand's ost is filled with rockabilly and surf rock, all great fight tracks!

The Street Fighter 3 track Beats in My Head is a nice bouncy track that accompanied Elena's stage. Perfect for an urban Orisha scion in my opinion. While Sean's Theme (Sunset Jazz Mix) is a fanmade beat for the underdog shoto and also a great background piece.

The two CVS tracks fit different niches; Needle is a grittier rap track that goes with the back alley brawl aesthetic of its stage, Stimulation is a much lighter track that could be for an establishing crawl of a city or even a merry chase.

Can't go wrong with the vocal tracks from the Devil May Cry series, but the ones we have in the playlist are great for opposite moods; Devil Trigger for the hype and Crimson Cloud for a darker and more goth atmosphere.

Ehrgeiz was one of the games that the Bouncer devs made before Bouncer, it had Final Fantasy characters on the PS1 release and was a strange game. Still loved it though. Run Away In The Airship! Is a rock track that I feel would work well for the approach to a rooftop encounter, The End of the Journey is a track with an arabian nights feel to it that may suit an encounter with some Yazata and Netjer things.

Modernism Street from Melty Blood Actress Again is smooth track with some Deep House influence and also a good establishing track.

Unfinished Business form Skullgirls is a jazzy track perfect for the capstone of an investigation where the culprit is revealed and its time to bring them to justice!

The Only Thing They Fear Is You. The best track of Doom Eternal's OST and perfect for putting the fear into any hellish creature!

Punk Mambo may not be Louisiana Mardi Gras music, but I'd say it's a perfect song to get into the mindset of a Mambo or Houngan helping out your band with those Friends on The Other Side. Sound of Thunder is a great band too.

That's all for now, with my current pace on "D" Side the chapter should be up by tonight (as of posting this) at the earliest and tomorrow night at the latest. I've had my energy drink and my outline is doing its job!

Have a good one!

Assblaster5000 and Ajlove like this.
  12. Extras: Art of Asskicking #2
    BrotherMouse518

Due to some extra work coming my way I won't have as much time to write this and outlining has kind of gotten to a slog so for a bonus thing to tide you all over I give you a bonus Art of Asskicking, Homebrew to come sometime tomorrow. Enjoy!

■​

You are currently logged in, Mori_Corvus
    You are viewing:
    • Fifteen posts per page
    ■​

♦ Topic: Monsters; Fair Folk; Spring-Heeled-Jacks
    Mori_Corvus
    (Original Poster) (Verified Scion) (Verified Asskicker) (Corax MC)
    Posted On Jan 9th 2011:
    Let me start by saying I don't give a rat's ass if you idiots believe any of the posts we make on this board.

Got that?

Good

Contrary to the press of the day, Spring Heeled Jack was not a demon and he wasn't one person.

Spring-Heeled-Jacks, as they were named by the Victorian London Press, are a breed of the Fair Folk that made their first appearances in The World around 1830 and then reported by Mortal press in 1837.

They are Fair Folk that stick to urban metropolitan areas with abundant alleys and verticality. Their motives vary greatly; some prefer to merely scare small children and steal trinkets or baubles, some prefer to explore the dark and abandoned corners of cities and emulate the urban explorers and parkour enthusiasts, and a troubling amount more prefer to stalk and hunt Mortals for some sick sport.

Regardless of what they do, they will do it as cruelly and with as much malice as possible.

Some important information regarding these creatures;

1. Spring-Heeled-Jacks stand at three feet tall at the shortest and four and a quarter feet at the tallest.
    2. Their skin is jet black and they perspire an oil like substance that allows them to slip through even the most narrow of spaces.
    3. They carry knives made of a material that cannot be found anywhere in The World and cut better than any knife made by Mortal means.
    4. Their maximum jump height is twenty feet vertically and/or horizontally
    5. They enjoy talking, a lot.

What can you do if you encounter them?

If unarmed, run. If armed, make sure to lead your target. Either way you need to make sure you make every action count, they can out pace any Mortal and their natural coloration makes it very difficult to attack them in their preferred hunting grounds of light-less alleys.

Being Fair Folk they have three particular weaknesses of note;

1. Iron will burn them on contact and the pain will be excruciating enough to give you an opening to either finish it off or run
    2. Any kind of cream will make them especially inebriated and if you somehow manage to catch wind of a spot they will ambush from, leave out bowls of cream and they will greedily drink it down and be too drunk to fight back. Don't bother trying to placate them as they attack you, they'll just take the cream after they kill you.
    3. Strawberries on the other hand they will find irresistible and will chase any that are thrown nearby. The fresher and the less processed the better.
    That's it.

(Showing page 1 of 27)

►Morgan Sinister
    Replied On Jan 9th 2011:​
    Wait, isn't Fair Folk another way of saying fairy? We're supposed to be scared of Tinkerbell now?​

►Tumbles
    Wait you don't mean like Grimm's Fairy Tales Fairies right?​

►Mori_Corvus (Original Poster) (Verified Scion) (Verified Asskicker) (Corax MC)​
    Spring-Heeled-Jacks are Unseelie and that should be enough, if that's not enough then read a fucking book.​

►White Fairy (Veteran Member)​
    Ok this is going to sound rich coming from someone with Fairy in their name, but what do you mean @Mori_Corvus?​

►Lasersmile
    I KNOW THIS!​

Fairies are divvied up into two courts. according to Scottish folklore​

You got the Seelie Court who are more or less benevolent but still very dangerous to deal with. I've got a direct quote right from one of my books on the subject!​

"The Seelie Court were described as those fairies who would seek help from humans, warn those who have accidentally offended them, and return human kindness with favors of their own. Still, a fairy belonging to this court would avenge insults and could be prone to mischief. Seelies were known for playing pranks on humans and having a light hearted attitude, forgetting their sorrows quickly and not realizing how they affect the humans they play pranks on."​

Basically think A Midsummer Night's Dream​

Then you have the Unseelie Court who are lean towards the malevolent but not exactly Evil per say. Again a direct quote;​

"The Unseelie Court, conversely, was used to describe the darkly-inclined fairies. Unlike the Seelie Court, no offense was deemed necessary to bring down their assaults. As a group (or "host"), they were thought to appear at night and assault travelers, often carrying them through the air, beating them, and forcing them to commit such acts as shooting at cattle. In Scotland they were seen as closely allied with witches. Like the beings of the Seelie Court who are not always seen as benevolent, neither were the fairies of the Unseelie Court always malevolent. Folklore includes stories of Unseelies becoming fond of particular humans if they are viewed as respectful, and choosing to make them something of a pet."​

My guess is these are the most Unseelie of the Unseelie court.​

►Noveltry
    Ok, so in the last one @TJ_On_The_Moon called Vista a "Starborn" and said that (what I assume) Parahuman powers won't always work the same way on stuff like Nasties. Does the same apply to fairies @Mori_Corvus?​

►Numbah1Celtaboo (Verified Scion) (Verified Asskicker)​
    Forgive my kinsman, he's not big on the internets and we kinda forced him to make an account in the first place and getting him to post twice was a chore in ajnd of itself. Yeah @Mori_Corvus won't be replying.​

He also has been punching my arm whenever I tell him that there are people asking for more info.​

It's starting to bruise!​

Anyway, short answer; yeah.​

From the few times that our fellow Verified Asskickers have seen Starborn encounter actual fairies (and not some fucking poser like that OO-lame chick) I can tell you that "Master" powers won't work at all. Everything else? Probably fair game depending on what it is and where you are.​

If you are in side the realm of the fairies, then you are SOL for everything but good old physical shit.​

ALSO do not lie to them, do not try to weasel your way out of a deal, and FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THE GODS DO NOT RESPOND TO THE QUESTION​

"May I have your name?"​

WITH YOUR ACTUAL NAME!​

Say something like "You can call me X" and you will be able to walk away with your identity intact.​

Also, never party with them if you value being a person and not turned into a tea cozy or a dog or something.​

And with that I have a hot date with a member of House Fiona, and I shall leave you all to wonder what the hell I mean by that.​

End of Page. 1, 2, 3 ... 25, 26, 27

■​

13. Extras: Homebrew: Spring-Heeled-Jacks
    BrotherMouse518

Spring-heeled-Jack w/Curly Mustache

Tier: Hero
    Archetype: Rival
    Qualities: Group Tactics (Leader), Armor Piercing (Spring-Heeled-Jack Knife), Twitchy (already factored in), Natural Camo (Nocturnal), Slippery, Leaps and Bounds, Mystic Arsenal (Spring-Heeled-Jack Knife), Addiction - Strawberries (Sandbag), Strange Inebriation - Cream (Sandbag), Vulnerability - Iron (Sandbag)
    Flairs: Keep Away!,
    Drive: Sadism, Thrills, being a nuisance, Strawberries and Cream
    Primary Pool: 9
    Secondary Pool: 7
    Desperation Pool: 5
    Health: 3
    Defense: 4
    Armor: 0
    Initiative: 8
    Extras: +1 Enhancement for Offensive Stunts/Actions, +2 Enhancement for all other Stunt

Spring-heeled-Jack

Tier: Hero
    Archetype: Foe
    Qualities: Group Tactics, Armor Piercing (Spring-Heeled-Jack Knife), Twitchy (already factored in), Natural Camo (Nocturnal), Slippery, Leaps and Bounds, Mystic Arsenal (Spring-Heeled-Jack Knife), Addiction - Strawberries (Sandbag), Strange Inebriation - Cream (Sandbag), Vulnerability - Iron (Sandbag)
    Flairs: Keep Away!,
    Drive: Sadism, Thrills, being a nuisance, Strawberries and Cream
    Primary Pool: 7
    Secondary Pool: 5
    Desperation Pool: 3
    Health: 1
    Defense: 1
    Armor: 0
    Initiative: 6
    Extras: +1 Enhancement for Offensive Stunts/Actions

NOTE: A Spring-Heeled-Jack's knife cannot channel Purviews or make Marvels, they are not Relics merely a very good knife. Be sure to note this when utilizing the Mystic Arsenal Quality with this foe.

New Qualities

Natural Camo
    Type: Defense
    The Antagonist is blessed with a skin coloration or pattern that assists in blending in with it's preferred environment. Specify the Antagonist's preferred environment, attempts to employ any Physical Stunt/Action suffer a +2 Complication while the Antagonist is in this environment and the Antagonist gains a +2 Enhancement to any Stunt or Action related to sneaking in this environment.

Slippery
    Type: Utility
    The Antagonist is very slippery, whether by being slimy or perspiring a natural lubricant. The Antagonist gains a +2 Enhancement to slip through narrow passages and gaps appropriate of their Size and attempts to ensnare or grapple the Antagonist with this quality suffer a +2 Complication.

Leaps and Bounds
    The Antagonist's preferred method of movement is their great acrobatic abilities. The Antagonist gains a +2 Enhancement to Stunts/Actions where the Antagonist utilizes them

Compulsion/Addiction
    Type: Sandbag
    As Unnatural Hunger/Behavior but for a mundane source (i.e. an addiction to Strawberries)

Strange Inebriation
    Type: Sandbag
    Rather than the usual faire of narcotics or alcohol, the Antagonist becomes inebriated from a strange source (i.e. becoming drunk off of cream) and can be made Vulnerable or Out of Action through this inebriation.

New Flairs

Keep Away!
    Cost: None
    Duration: Instant
    Subject: Self
    Range: Short
    Action: Simple
    Cooldown: The Opponent comes within Close Range with the Antagonist or 1d3 Turns
    The Antagonist moves back two range bands from nearest Close Range Opponent

Example Trophies:

Spring-Heeled-Jack Knife
    The knives carried by Spring-Heeled-Jacks are made from a metal found within the fae realms and is superior to almost all mundane mortal crafted cutlery. They are also the only source of this metal and thus could be melted down as material to craft something else with the metal's enhanced properties.

Springy Heels
    When properly preserved and treated, the lower legs of these malevolent faeries could be used as a wonderful reagent that many sorcerers and relic makers would pay handsomely to get their hands on.

Example Crafted Relic:
    Spring-Heeled Shoes (Rating 3)
    Footwear imbued with the same agility and lower body strength of a Spring-Heeled-Jack. Perfect for enhancing ones own jumping abilities or simply enhancing kicks. Grants +2 Enhancement to any Stunt primarily utilizing the legs of the user.

Knack: Super-High-Jump
    Increase the Scale of your jump by the number of successes of your Knack Skill Roll (Maximum of 3)

Ajlove and Assblaster5000 like this.
  14. Extras: PHO Posts: Ancient Aliens?
    BrotherMouse518

■​

You are currently logged in, XxVoid_CowboyxX
    You are viewing:
    • Ten posts per page
    ■​

♦ Topic: Mythology Exposed!
    In: Boards ► Conspiracy Theories ► Ancient Aliens
    Procto the Unfortunate Tinker
    (Original Poster) (Not a tinker)
    Posted On Jan 7th 2011:
    CAUTION: LONG POST AHEAD, YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED

Alrighty then, never thought I'd ever jump down a rabbit hole this deep or ever actually admit it, even on the internet.

So, ever since that "Art of Asskicking" thing, I got thinking. What else is real?

So if we take TJ's post as 100% Fact; Satyrs and their crackhead cousins are real, then does that mean the Gods (in this case the Hellenistic Pantheon) are also real?

I mean, the simple solution is that they were ancient Parahumans and that this shit happens in cycles or something but I figured I'd actually dig into this and do a little research.

My sister in law is a Mythologist and loans out a lot of the books she's picked up over the years to us if we ask. So I took her up on that and just spent an entire friggin' day reading through so many papers, books, journals, etc.

Luckliy she was able to help me find the more obscure stuff and even made me a cup or three of coffee

THANKS SARAH!

Anyway, I spotted some stuff that looked weird to me. I asked my sister-in-law about it and she just laughed and sent me a bunch of links to some conspiracy theory lists that probably put me on a list somewhere.

I am not talking that bullshit "There's a secret society of capes influencing the world and selling powers in vials" tin foil shit. The conspiracy theory in this case is in the friggin' title.

So I have spotted at least six instances of what could very well be evidence of either Ancient Parahumans or Ancient Aliens, they also had huge surges of worship in the modern day and throughout the time America was colonized and then became the United States, coming along with the various immgrant groups or whatever. I'll go into the gist of their depictions and my "evidence" along with how people venerate them now.

Let's get into it.

First off let's talk Norse Mythology. A lot of you guys in Europe and in Brockton Bay have the unfortunate tangential learning of dealing with criminal organizations who took on Norse Paganism's trappings as part of their white supremacist BS, hell Allfather got his name form Odin the king of the Norse gods.

Here's a quick rundown, the Norse Gods can be divvied up in to two camps you have the Vanir who are peaceful gods of health, fertility, etc. and then you have the Aesir the gods of war and violence. There was a war between them and then there was peace, bringing the two camps together as one united pantheon. Odin drank from the well of wisdom and gave up an eye for it as well, with this wisdom he witnessed the end of the world; Ragnarok. So the entire pantheon knows the worlds gonna end but keep going anyway, if they meet a way to change it then cool, if not then who the fuck cares the end times is kicking off with the brawl to end all brawls.

Within the Aesir, you have the god Thor right? Wields a hammer that only he can lift, almost drank the entire sea once (long story), fights giants for fun, all around nice guy. So he has children right? Magni and Modi who will go on to survive Ragnarok, Thrud his only daughter and only child born to his actual wife Sif, and he has a stepson named Ullr. Now here's the deal, there is a really obscure son by the name of Donner (or Donar) that many attribute the stuff he did to Thor.

Why? Because the guy barely shows up in either the Prose or Poetic Eddas at all and only as glorified footnotes. Where we get the most information on this Donner guy where he isn't lumped in with his dad is through pictographs in certain archaeological sites and accounts taken by Catholic Missionaries who tried to convert the Vikings. According to those records Donner was the god of lightning itself, where he struck first his father Thor soon followed. Donner was Lightning, Thor was Thunder. Still with me? Good.

He wielded a weapon called Giantsbane, a weapon described as being "An iron stave with a strange cog affixed to the center, Donner would move a smaller branch of the stave with his thumb, moving the strange cog and letting out a strange click, and Giantsbane would soon then shoot forth lightning"

Sounds kinda like a gun don't it? Now before you guys instantly say "You're crazy" how about I show you those pictograms eh?

That looks like a big fuckoff revolver don't it!? How about his "chariot"?

In the same accounts, Donner is described as "driving a horseless chariot or wagon, made from iron, wheels as black as night and becoming the clouds as it flew across the sky."

Horseless Wagon? Like what they used to call cars eh?

So in the Germanic countries in Europe, Donner got really popular with auto manufacturers and mechanics and it is still custom to this day in these places to hang a plaque above your workshop or garage with the phrase "Donner bless my shop" written in elder furthak. When Heavy Metal came, Donner was front in center on many an album cover and many a song. Y'all probably remember Yngwei Malmstein's hit single "Donner's Chariot" hitting pretty big, especially with the vinyl's cover art. He got a sizeable following amongst American metalheads and neopagans and yes even mechanics. If I remember correctly, they were like the only group the fucking pearl clutchers didn't try to decry as satanic. Maybe it was because they all decided to go into automechanics?

Moving right along to the Greeks, the Hellenistic Pantheon, the Theoi. Most of us know them from shit like Clash of the Titans, the Earth Aleph Disney Hercules movies, etc. and we all more or less get the gist of the main guys

Cliffnotes of these dudes; their family tree is a family circle, Zeus is the ultimate horndog and has sired many bastards, they are insanely petty, and all are the absolute masters of what they do.

Now an obscure god in the pantheon springs up in relation to the Goddess Aphrodite; Adonis Rhodos.

One of her many children, he is the odd one out on account of having no recorded father in ANY record. In myths about him, he is mentioned "to have one from a faraway land across the sea to the west and to have a lover waiting for him far across the sea to the east."

Now that's all well and good but you're probably asking right about now "Procto what is he the god of and why does he have a surname unlike the rest of the pantheon?"

Good question imaginary person who I shall call Timmy

Adonis Rhodos is the only member of the Hellenistic pantheon to have a surname and he is the patron god of Love, Loss, Fidelity, and Wealth. All of his myths involve him bringing lovers who are separated by misfortune or tragedy together safely, rewarding those who stay faithful to their spouses, and teaching economic theory (yeah I know it sounds boring). In myths where he appears along the other gods, he is often depicted as on the side of humanity and never taking offense to what mortals do and never brought mortals down for their hubris, instead trying to educate them into changing their ways.

According to historical record he had a sizeable cult on the island of Rhodes and some claim that he himself laid dominion over it during the Mycenean period. His festivals were basically like modern day Valentines day where married couples would do expressions of fidelity and love, younguns took their shot at love by asking out their crushes, and those who lost loves mourned and honored them. Hell, this guy got so popular with people he almost deposed his mother as the chief god of love but sadly the greater cultural zeitgeist of the time pushed back and even attempted to burn down the city of Rhodes in retaliation.

Much like Donner he is depicted in artwork and in his myths wielding weapons resembling modern firearms. In this case; a pair of pistols. Magazine fed, according to the websites that I cited they are speculated to be either a pair of Taurus Pt99 or Beretta 92 variants. Regardless of the platform they are called Eros and Anteros, love and hate.

Adonis Rhodos gets lumped in with fellow son of Aphrodite, Eros (Cupid in roman) because of his choice of weapon doing essentially the same thing (he shoots you and you fall madly in love with the first thing you see, he shoots you with Anteros and you hate the first thing you see). He is depicted with wings and according to the few busts that have made it to the modern day (Here, Here, and Here for those of you interested) looks almost exactly like Donald Rhodes Jr. or Brad Pitt if you squint a little. Hell, Rhodes has taken pictures in Greece at the Parthenon with the only full statue of Adonis Rhodos and posted it to Nymphstagram! A lot of the conspiracy sites I hit claim this is him admitting he is the god incarnate or some shit. Big if true.

Throughout history, Adonis Rhodos was venerated by artists and playwrights the world over. Hell, William fucking Shakespere put him in Romeo & Juliet! I mean that scene usually gets cut in many productions because of how out of place and how the pacing is off, but he gets name dropped frequently throughout anyway! I think that Aleph modern take on it (Romeo + Juliet) kept it in just because of the fact that he has guns. In Rhodes they still celebrate his festival to this day and it's a tradition to toss a coin with your lover's name on it into the fountain at where his temple stood for luck. Here in the US he's often in Valentines day decor along with the roman depiction of his brother. Yeah that guy with the wings who's always hanging with cupid? That's Adonis Rhodos.

Moving on further East, we have the gods of Egypt. I can't fucking pronounce their arabic or ancient egyptian names so forgive me when I use their greek names.

So once apon a time there was Ra, king of the gods. One day he got old as shit and is retired. He says to his son Osiris "Hey son you're in charge now" and Osiris is all for it, but not his brother Set who throws a bitch fit and chops up Osiris into little pieces. Osiris' Sister/Wife (Gods commit incest a lot btw, dunno if you caught on) Isis gathered every last bit of him except for his dick (but it's ok she made him a bigger and better one out of gold that still worked!) and then used her magic to resurrect him. So in celebration of not being dead they get it on and find out that his new goldmember only works once. Ah well, either way Isis is now preggers with Osiris' successor Horus. She hides somewhere while Osiris distracts Set and eventually Horus is born and grows up to whup his uncles ass and take the throne.

Now there are a handful of accounts where Horus has a son of his own who founded one of the first organized law enforcement agency in historical record. We are talking beat cops, detectives, rudimentary forensic technicians, et cetera. This god's name is Harishar and yes he has a gun, although there's no magic powers and the few statues of the guy don't give any detail to it. I haven't found any myths of the guy, but there are historical records and even passages of the bible that reference him (or possibly his ancient police) being fair and just even to the ancient Hebrews that lived under the rule of the Pharaohs. He was said to patrol the Nile with his barque and would check in with every chief of police and make sure that they and their subordinates stayed true to their vows as officers of the law. Any who broke those vows were enslaved or executed by hanging. That is often reported in historical record btw

Would you believe that he is the only Egyptian god still actively worshipped in Egypt? Yeah, when Islam became the dominant religion in the Middle East his followers kept the faith alive and still venerated him in secret. Hardcore Islamists don't like it but he's kind of the ideal Cape before capes were a thing. There were like twelve movies made in Egypt based on a comic strip based on adventure novels based on the old Harishar myth and they all made BANK! You won't find a police precinct in Egypt that doesn't have a plaque with the old hieroglyphic tenants of the old police hanging somewhere and the National Egyptian Police's banner has him on it. Now when people from that part of the Middle East started emigrating over here to the States and a few of them or their kids became cops, they brought little copies of Harishar's tenants and often still utter a prayer or to when they go out. A few American cops actually picked up the habit in New York City, it's why the 13th Precinct's banner has a cop in an Egyptian headdress and has the first line of Harishar's tenants along the bottom.

Further east yet again, we move to Japan. Also much further along the timeline of history then the last two. Within shintoism's many kami there is a major kami that didn't get a lot of stories of her own but is referenced a lot.

Gimui-Kuromizuhime (The Dutiful Princess of Black Water) or just Kuromizuhime. Daughter of the god Susano-oo, niece to the chief goddess Amaterasu. She is actually depicted in Japanese myth as a fierce warrior and was one of the wielders of the Kusanagi, the Grasscutter, prior to Amaterasu granting it to one of her own children who would go on to become the first emperor of Japan. So despite being revered as one of the major kami her shrines aren't that big. According to the few records we have this was by design as Kuromizuhime preferred to be revered on the road with few frivolities. Her shrines are where you get something that many historians believe was a holdover of Chinese mysticism; shrine tablets. Kuromizuhime is the patron kami of divers, travelers, smiths, youthful rebellion, and self-actualization, so people would go to a shrine to her and buy a tablet of her and carry it with them on their journeys and they still do it to this day. She was also the patron goddess of Onna-Bugeisha,

"Wait, Procto!"

Yes Timmy?

"She doesn't have a gun like the last three, why is she considered an example of an ancient alien?"

Good eye Timmy, she doesn't have a gun. But she does have this

"Is that?"

Why yes Timmy, it is in fact an ukio-e (dated circa 1634) painting depicting Kuromizuhime and her "Iron Horse" or as we call it a fucking street bike, crotch rocket motorcycle. That's not the only time she's depicted with it either, in none of her myths is she described as having an iron horse but its always in artwork depicting her that she rides one.

Unlike the first three gods, Kuromizuhime's worship never really took off until the modern day. I mean, sure her shrines are always visited and didn't get fucked with during WW2, but she didn't start getting really popular till about until the mid 1950's. See Japan's first big motorcycle manufacturer (Mishima Automotive) named their first (and to this day most popular) line motorcycles the Kuromizuhime in her honor. These babies ran like a dream and were relatively inexpensive at the time, so the Bosozoku gangs took to them like a fish to water. Quite a few of them even had her on their gang colors, the really violent ones didn't last long while the "Honorable" ones still go on to this day even after all the gang crackdowns of the 70's on. Natch, when Leviathan sunk Kyushu and the Japanese diaspora brought a lot of Japanese immigrants, her followers brought Kuromizuhime with them and there is many a shrine to her wherever there are Japanese and Japanese Americans. Harley Davidson, Indian, and Confederate Motors worked with Mishima Automotive to bring back the old '52 Kuromizuhimes through their own variants to raise funds for the relief (The Harley Black Water, Indian Hime, and the Confederate GKMH). She is also referenced in MANY Anime and Manga out of Japan (both Aleph and here in Bet) and even had her own animated picture in Aleph that trounced Disney's Mulan! I also heard from my niece that a lot of middle school girls started buying the tablets and hanging them off their backpacks or even trying to emulate her hairstyle from the aleph movie.

Don't worry theres only two left. We go so far East we've hit the Americas!

Did you guys know that the one thing that the Aztecs and many civilizations that followed in that part of Central and South America had was medical advancements? They actually had an EXTENSIVE medical apparatus for the day and even had a grasp on germ theory and sanitation. It's why when the Spanish came that the first people in Montezuma's court to speak with the Spanish were the royal physicians asking about their medical history. According to the Aztecs, they had a god by the name of Itzli Ocelotl (Obsidian Jaguar in Nauhatl) that taught them medicine and how disease was spread. They even had fucking medical journals and an entire medical school that doubled as a small city! According to the few surviving records and myths, The Obsidian Jaguar was the son of Tezcatlipoca (although some claim that he was actually the son of Quetzalcoatl) and contrary to the rest of the Aztec gods was the least violent of the gods and demanded no sacrifice in his worship. He supposedly taught the Aztecs how to safely and cleanly perform surgery, prevent disease, and even how to make medicines that we still use to this day like acetaminophen and aspirin. He was also a god of prophecy, the stars, and the moon.

Not gonna lie he's the one I have the least faith in actually being an ancient alien, so the Aztecs had fairly advanced medical practices for the day, big whup.

Much like many other mesoamerican mythological figures, he got bundled in with Catholicism and Christianity when it got brought over. Supposedly he still pops up on earth from time to time and is often venerated as a folk saint whenever he does. He is pruported to have been El Niño Fidencio, San Pascualito, Don Pedro Jaramillo, and various other similar folk saints. Doctors across Central and South America often hang paintings of him in their offices for luck and the largest observatory in Mexico is named in his honor.

Last and much like Itzli up there, the one with the least amount of evidence to being an acient alien also one I know and found out the leas about.

Baronne/Baroness De La Croix. One of the Loa, the vodoo/vodoun gods.

She pops up with her father Baron Samedi when Vodoo starts and didn't really have all that much worship until Prohibition. Here's where the Ancient Aliens thing comes in; in every depiction of her she is wearing clothes that are anachronistic for the era by two decades. The Mambos and Houngans that let her posess them usually paint up a big portrait of her and to the date of the painting, the anachronism is there. There's very little on her and I attribute it to her main worshippers; drunk mardi gras goers and morticians. If you ever went out on a bender in New Orleans during Mardi Gras and passed out drunk, odds are you woke up in some basement with a bunch of other people and found you all were wearing merch with her face on it. Morticians in Louisiana all have a bust of her somewhere for some reason and none of them would give a straight answer.

That's all I have and all I will post. Yeah I know it's thin, but hey I had to put this out there otherwise it would feel like I wasted an entire days worth of research.

(Showing page 35 of 56)

►WhedonRipperFan (Banned)​
    Replied On Jan 7th 2011:​
    For the last time, this story is bullshit. It's all some coincidence. I had heard enough of this from my burnout roomate!​

►Mane Magenta
    Hey, I mean its at least interesting?​

►Ultracut
    Dude, I was one of those Donner worshipping metalheads, we all joked that Donner drove a Mustang before we heard this shit.​
    ►Tumbles
    This is gonna sound weird, but doesn't Donald Rhodes Jr's late wife kinda look like Kuromizuhime in the paintings?​

►Lo A Quest
    Yeah, now that you mention it.​

►Noveltry
    I agree with Whedon, this is all coincidental bs​

►XxVoid_CowboyxX
    Come on, don't you guys think it has some merit? I mean first we get that Nasty in Brockton, we got all that crazy shit down outh. Nilbog and Heartbreaker dying?​

I'm calling it now, I bet you the gods are all coming back and the monsters and other shit like that are coming too!​

►Ryus
    Shut up cowboy​

►Thatdude
    STFU Void_Cowboy​

►Nondeceptive
    How the hell have you not been banned yet?​

End of Page. 1, 2, 3 ... 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 ... 54, 55, 56

(Showing page 36 of 56)

►Noveltry
    Of fucking course cowboy shows uyp​

►XxVoid_CowboyxX
    You know y'all love me!​

Hear me out on this. I got a little theory of my own that makes snese​

So what if these specific non asshole gods that have guns and modernc ars and bieks are all Parahumans that got hit nwith some time warp bullshit in the future and then sent back to the pat?​

I mean it makes sense right?>​

►Whitecollar (Cape Wife)​
    ...​

Ok that's enough internet for me I'm actually thinking that something @XxVoid_CowboyxX , makes fucking sense​

►Lolitup
    I mean it makes more sense than aliens​

►WhedonRipperFan (Banned)​
    Fuck off cowboy!​
    ►HorseMom (Verified Lawyer) (Verified Asskicker) (Moderator)​
    Someones been a naughty boy! Take your spanking!​

►Mori_Corvus (Verified Scion) (Verified Asskicker) (Corax MC)​
    How did the liesmith get mod status?​

►Numbah1Celtaboo (Verified Scion) (Verified Asskicker)​
    Ohshitohshitohshitohshtiohsiotho​

@DoktorD why is he here?​

►TJ_On_The_Moon (Verified Journalist) (Verified Scion) (Verified Asskicker)​
    why is she here you mean?​

►Mori_Corvus (Verified Scion) (Verified Asskicker) (Corax MC)​
    Liesmiths a freak anyway does it matter whatever the fuck hes called?​

End of Page. 1, 2, 3 ... 34, 35, 36, 37, 38 ... 54, 55, 56

(Showing page 37 of 56)

►DoktorD (Certified, Verified, and Death Defied DJ)​
    Jesus christ tumbleweeds wake a man up from his nap for this?​

they asked me, I owed them, they're a mod. endo story​

►HorseMom (Verified Lawyer) (Verified Asskicker) (Moderator)​
    THAT'S RIGHT BOOTY PIXIES! I'M A MOD SUCK IT!​

Don't worry, so long as you don't have a Verified Asskicker or Scion tag I won't abuse my responisbilitye.​

...​

...​

...​

...​

...​

much ;)

►TJ_On_The_Moon (Verified Journalist) (Verified Scion) (Verified Asskicker)​
    Huh. Well expect more kinky shit on the nsfw boards people. We have the anglo asshat the slapstic saxon himself as a moderator.​

►Feychick
    and Void Cowboy didn't get banned for once! It's a k'nishmas miracle!​

End of Page. 1, 2, 3 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39 ... 54, 55, 56

■​

15. Extras: Homebrew: Ready-Made Scions 1e as Gods
    BrotherMouse518

Harishar, God of Justice, Law Enforcement Officers, Judges
    Pantheon: Netjer
    Callings: Leader, Judge, Guardian
    Purviews: Sun, Moon, Stars, Sky, Order, Epic Stamina, Epic Perception, Journeys

Adonis Rhodos, God of Love, Loss, Fidelity, Wealth
    Pantheon: Theoi
    Callings: Lover, Guardian, Liminal
    Purviews: Beasts (Doves), Beauty, Sky, Passion (Love, Lust, Loss), Journeys, Prosperity, Epic Dexterity

Donner, God of Lightning, Mechanics, Metalheads, and Travelers
    Pantheon: Aesir
    Callings: Warrior, Guardian, Creator
    Purviews: Epic Strength, Epic Stamina, Forge, Journeys, Sky, War

Itzli Ocelotl/The Obsidian Jaguar, God of Extirpation, Doctors, Folk Healers, Medicine
    Pantheon: Teotl
    Mantles: El Niño Fidencio, San Pascualito, Don Pedro Jaramillo
    Callings: Healer, Sage, Liminal
    Purviews: Deception (Mystery), Fertility, Fortune (Prophecy), Health, Moon, Stars

Kuromizuhime, Goddess of the Ocean Depths, Motorcyclists, Rebellious Youth, Self-Actualization
    Pantheon: Kami
    Callings: Creator, Trickster, Warrior
    Purviews: Epic Dexterity, Fertility, Forge, Journeys, Sky, Sun, War, Water

Baroness De La Croix, Goddess of Death, Morticians, Revelry, Jazz Musicians
    Pantheon: Loa
    Callings: Liminal, Guardian, Judge
    Purviews: Darkness, Death, Health, Journeys, Earth, Artistry (Jazz)

You had the fluff in the PHO post and now you have the mechanics. Congratulations!

As gods who don't have writeups show, they too will get postings. Although their fluff will come with their crunch.

Design Notes;

I made these guys based on their base writeups in Scion: God from 1e. Many of the Purviews got streamlined or cut entirely and thus I had to put in the 2e versions of what they have. Here's the rundown of the 1e vs 2e changes

• Psychopomp was divided into both Death and Journeys
    • Many Epic Stats were cut or redone as a Calling (such as Epic Intelligence becoming the Sage Calling or Epic Charisma becoming the Beauty purview)
    • The Magic purview no longer exists. It is gone. Supposedly they're gonna add in the Sorcerer calling in its own book but I have yet to hear anything about it

You may notice that five of the six Gods here have the Journeys Purview. That is because in their God writeup, those five were essentially runners for the Gods. Now more specifically;
    • Harishar was border patrol during the second Titanomachy and road his Barque in the Overworld and his Indian Motorcycle on The World, he also had The Book of Going Forth By Day as a Relic and thus I felt it appropriate to give him Journeys as a purview.
    • Adonis Rhodos even admits that he played Hermes-lite
    • Donner's build evolved around his GTO "The Goat" and it's part of his main arsenal as a God
    • Kuromizuhime still makes super bikes and loves motorcycles why wouldn't she become the patron goddess of them?
    • Baroness De La Croix is a messenger for the Loa
    I mentioned earlier that many Epic Attributes got axed or redone, Epic Perception was one of the axed ones. I decided to use it in my campaigns along with Epic Charisma which is why these gods have those.

The Mystery and Prophecy purviews do not exist in 2e vanilla. They are the examples for Purview Specialization in Mysteries of the World: The Scion Companion however and thus these gods get them as that.

For those of you who read the writeups in Scion: God you may wonder why certain gods got Purviews that they didn't have. Allow me to explain;

• Harishar never had Stars in 1e, but since Magic isn't a purview anymore I just replaced it with Stars
    • Adonis Rhodos had the Animal purview in 1e due to wielding the Deadealus Device (Icarus Wings), I decided to make his favored animal Doves to fit rather than it being nebulous, being the financial backer of the band and (some stuff we'll get into in story) Adonis Rhodos picked up economics and thus Prosperity
    • Donner was the easiest to put in. All I did was give him Forge since he was a gearhead
    • Obsidian Jaguar is described as having a Sanctum on the Moon and uses the stars in his Prophecy Purview. Hence Moon and Purview
    • Kuromizuhime is also a gearhead but with motorcycles, thus Forge. Everything else is Vanilla
    • Baroness De La Croix gets Artistry (Jazz) because low hanging fruit and because (in verse story things we will get to)
    And there you have it, if you ever wanted to be a scion of the 1e Ready-Made, here you go.

16. Extras: Height/Build Chart I guess.
    BrotherMouse518

Because i don't really know how to put this in without it being forced but here's the heights of the Band (so far)

Taylor: 5'6" (as per canon's WoG posting)
    Walt: 5'9"
    Donnie: 5'7"
    Lily: 5'5"

Build Wise;

Taylor y'all know
    Walt is average build leaning towards stocky and athletic
    Donnie is very much in shape and has got the male model physique (without being extreme)
    Lily is very athletic and has a build similar to a soccer player

When I get to rewriting Origin I'll do better descriptions in prose.

Just kinda thought of the cover of Usual Suspects with the lineup and cards while reading another story and it commenting on a height difference.

17. Extras: Special Chapter #1 - The Sanguine Fool
    BrotherMouse518

The Sanguine Fool

11/13/10​

Amy walked out of the crappy chain coffee house, dissatisfied and roughly $2.50 poorer.

“Whoever said that ‘Dunkies’ was in any way the end all be all of coffee needed to have their tastebud privileges revoked.” She thought to herself as she trudged down the alley shortcut back to Brockton Bay General.

She had been forced to take an hour long break by damn near anyone with any authority in the hospital, telling her that she was working too damn hard and that even if she wasn’t technically an employee she should still have taken several breaks and rests by now. Hell, an anesthesiologist even said if she didn’t take a break she’d be sedated, powers or no.

Despite the sentiment and concern behind such an action, Amy couldn’t help but resent the staff for it. Especially because they told her that she needed to take her break away from the hospital. She assumed it was so that they made sure she couldn’t just sneak off and heal people anyway.

Granted she had done so in the past so to them it would have been a better idea for them to force her on a break off site.

Amy muttered curses and grumbled about meddlers and busybodies as she brooded down the alley, paying no mind to the dumpster with shaking trash and a strange moaning coming from its open lid and even less mind to the bum slouching down a few feet ahead of it.

That is, until she reached him and he asked in a strange and gravelly voice

“Gotta light?”

Rather than ignoring him as she usually would, Amy stopped and let out a sigh of frustration.

“Sure.” she breathed out, her hands rummaging through the pockets of her costume trying to find the disposable lighter she bought a few nights ago. Not noticing the risen bum with a brandished knife.

In a flash of movement the bum pinned her to the wall by her neck, his free arm across it choking her while his knife hand held the blade up to her cheek.

Amy reached wildly for any exposed flesh or anything biological, hoping for a vector for her powers to help deal with and only finding surprisingly clean clothing covering him head to toe. By reflex, she threw her knee into the attacker’s groin and despite finding her target, the man showed no reaction beyond a wet and foul giggle. She looked into the eyes of the assailant, finding manic tiny beady eyes that seemed to lead into a never ending abyss. The knife in his hand was being traced around the underside of her jawline as this assailant wheezed out a sinister chortle.

The assailant reeled back his knife hand, preparing for a thrust into her abdomen but was torn away suddenly and violently. The bum had been thrown into the wall across, a man in jeans, sneakers, and a letterman jacket her apparent savior.

The man stood tall and lean maybe six-foot-two, his breath ragged and showing no fog of condensation with his exhales, and his eyes red as blood and with a strange shine of animalistic hunger within. As the knife wielding bum began to rise, the red eyed man sped down and took a bite into the downed man’s neck. Rather than a howl of pain, the beady eyed bum cried out in ecstasy as his eyes glazed over in rapture. Amy could only watch, her body paralyzed in shock as she slid down the wall and on to the cold pavement.

Soon as it began, the tall man seemed to come to his senses and quickly scrambled back along the ground backwards and ending up sitting right next to the still shocked Amy, all the while gagging, hacking, and screaming like a frightened woman. Turning his head and seeing the shocked expression on Amy’s face, showing her his now brown eyes filled with shock and disgust. After a beat, the man once again shrieked and shot up to his feet prancing about as if he were an old housewife trying to avoid a rodent that had gotten in to her kitchen.

“Jesus, Mary, and Joesph!” He shouted before retching up enough blood to have killed someone and then pointing at the still dazed out bum “You tasted like liquid ass!”

Finally finding her voice Amy called out to the man, who was still shaking in disgust and frantically checking himself and muttering about “Those asshats who drink junkies are full of shit.”

Soon the man stood still, let out a quick breath and then spat out a drop of blood on to the face of the downed bum before walking down the alley the way Amy had come down, muttering and cursing about how disgusting the blood he had just drank and then vomited was.

The healer looked to her left, seeing the light of Brockton Bay General and the entrance to the ER, then to her right down the dim alley and to what could only be described as a very strange cape with vampiric abilities.

Her decision came surprisingly easily

She rose to her feet and caught up to the man, grabbing one of his arms as she practically lunged and cursing both her poor cardio and her smoking. Whatever words she planned to say stopped in her throat when her hand grabbed his.

Dead.

That was what her power was telling her.

The man who had saved her, moved faster than what was possible, the man who otherwise looked completely normal.

Was dead.

No organ function whatsoever, the only thing that seemed to be close to “alive” was the strange substance in his veins. Despite the similarity, it was most certainly not human blood. Then there was the matter of the man’s brain, despite brains being a hard line she refused to cross she let her power touch the dead thing and found it completely dead and, even more surprising, without either Corona.

Her thoughts became frantic, her eyes grew wide with fear, trying to justify the paradox before her. A Man who by all amounts seemed to be alive and well even warm to the touch and had a semblance of a pulse had absolutely no living tissue within him.

The man raised an eyebrow and ran his free hand through his black hair, while his mouth turning up into a bemused smile, his thoughts no longer on the rather unpleasant drink he just had.

“You uh, gonna let my arm go kid?” He asked politely.

Amy’s mind was locked into a circular loop, trying to justify or reconcile how a man could look alive even taking breaths but still be very much dead. Which meant that the man she was hanging on to could freely poke her cheek and nose while asking her if she was ok.

Seeing that she wouldn’t be letting go, the man pried her fingers off with just enough force to do so without breaking off her fingers with that strange strength he had giving Amy a look at the blood-like substance quickly flowing into his hands and doing something that gave him his enhanced strength.

“Sorry kid, but I gotta find my car right now.” He said apologetically and with a friendly chuckle “Hope I don’t have a ticket or got booted…”

Before he could turn away, Amy looked in to his eyes and asked

“What the fuck are you?” the fear and shock present in her voice

The man’s smile left him replaced by a somewhat surprised but still amused pout before returning with a wide grin showing off his teeth, and the fanged canines among them.

“Just your friendly neighborhood vampire, kiddo!” he said truthfully and transparently.

“Bullshit.” Was all Amy could say, the fear and shock that gripped her replaced with a desire for answers

The supposed vampire simply gave a friendly laugh and a pat on the shoulder before waving goodbye and continuing his car quest, Amy not far behind and asking him several questions after checking the downed bum and finding him only slightly anemic and high on some new drug she didn’t have the time or focus to figure out quite yet.

“Where did you come from?” she stared

“California originally, but if you were asking about where in the alley I was at the bottom of a surprisingly clean and tidy dumpster hiding from the sun.”

“How are you able to move or speak while your muscles are not functioning in any way?” she asked

“I dunno.” He replied cheerfully and unhelpfully

“Why did your bite make that guy with the knife look like he was having an orgasm?” she asked, this time with the bite of irritation in her words

“No clue.” He said, his face twisting in disgust

“What the hell is in your veins, because it sure as hell is not blood.” she stated more than asked

“Its called Vitae and before you even ask, I dunno how it works.” He said, his face returning to that same friendly expression that seemed natural on his features.

Amy’s fourth question was never uttered, the supposed vampire turned around and held a hand up to stop her, between his index and middle finger was a business card.

“Listen kid, normally I’d be down to play twenty-one questions but I need to make sure the Ranchero is ok, I gotta let my landlady know I’m ok and…” He chuckled to himself and his smile grew wider, once again showing his fangs almost glistening in the half moon’s light “…quite frankly I need to catch some actually restful Z’s in my coffin tonight.”

Handing her the business card, Amy took it carefully. The main face of it read;

Logan’s Mill Apartments

Guadalupe Marquez

Landlady

Along with her contact information on the opposite side, which normally would have been blank, was written in a nigh illegible script;

Johnny Whitmore

And a phone number

“Any time within two to four hours after sunset and you can reach me at that number or address. Don’t call Lupe though, she’s my boss not my secretary.”

With that, as soon as she had met him, Johnny Whitmore walked off into the night, leaving Amy standing on that lonely street with only the dying streetlight above her head and the sparse few cars rolling down the road as company.

Soon after she would return to Brockton Bay General, going through the motions of her job-but-not-quite was rather easy when she just had to touch and slightly focus to work her power. To those that interacted with her regularly, she was no longer bitter and burnt but rather distant and determined. Many of the medical staff would call that an improvement, and the few who were genuinely concerned only grew more-so.

To her family, the reactions were a lot more mixed. Her mother Carol’s side eye looks and distrust grew along with every second of contemplation, her father Mark was more content to sit on the couch as usual trying to work up the energy to say something but never quite reaching what it was, and her beloved sister Vicky? She would attempt to tease or pry, insinuate that maybe she was infatuated with some mystery man, and yet even Vicky garnered no real reaction beyond polite deflection and uttered assurances that she was indeed fine and that it was only a medical problem that she couldn’t quite understand even with her power. Despite her sister’s concern, she left it at that and pried no further.

Seven days of contemplation and her decision was finally made, on yet another break, although this one was a willing one, she stepped away from Brockton Bay General and made the call as she walked down the same alleyway shortcut, this time with the light of the full moon revealing all that would have hid in the shadows.

After three rings, her call was answered.

“Hello?” Johnny said groggily and with a yawn.

“Hey. It’s Panacea.” she says, still not quite believing that she was in fact calling a man who seemed to be a vampire.

“The fuck is that?” he replies, still groggy and voice clear with confusion

“Amy.” She said, slowly before finally adding “Dallon.”

A pregnant pause filled her phone and then quickly delivered

“Look, lady.” Johnny said, politely and evenly “I think you got the wrong number…”

Before he had the chance to hang up and possibly block her number, Amy let out a rapid fire response

“The girl from a week ago? The one you saved from a mugger?” her voice becoming more frantic with every word “You drank him then freaked out about the taste?”

“Oh. Oh! Now I remember!” Wakefulness and clarity came to Johnny’s voice “Wasn’t sure if you were gonna call or not.”

“Yeah, wasn’t quite sure of it myself.” She replied with a sigh of relief “I was hoping we could meet up and you could answer my questions. Now that you’ve gotten some rest in that coffin of yours.”

Johnny let out a delighted chuckle “Yeah, it really beats sleeping in a dumpster. Yeah I can come and meet, when and where?”

Amy smiled to herself as she relayed the meetup point; an out of the way coffee house with a rather strange floor-plan that left one booth not only out of the way of the main window but was also open till midnight. She had made sure to do some research over the last few days to make sure she wouldn’t be disturbed if/when the time came for the two to meet. She had arrived first being a somewhat short walk from the alley, made sure to get that out of the way booth, and ordered a small plain and black coffee. Thirteen minutes later, Johnny Whitmore pulled up in front of the coffee house and walked in, Amy waving him over.

Too her surprise he ordered a cappuccino and a bagel for himself and began consuming both with gusto

“Dollar coins, dollar coins…” he muttered in between bites and sips “So annoying they make you wish for bills again.”

Amy’s initial plans of simply asking him her questions after a short greeting were dashed upon seeing him actually consume food and remark on the taste.

“So you can still eat?” She asked

“Uh-huh.” He replied with a mouthful of bagel

“How the hell does that work?”

Johnny shrugged before responding

“Every lick in my bloodline can do that according to my Sire.” He said, pausing to take another sip of cappuccino “Vitae can break it down even, no barfing it up at the end of the night like other Dracul do, at least the ones I’ve met anyway. Not that we get anything out of it except being able to taste it, I think it even makes us have to drink blood a little sooner too, emptying the tank I guess.”

Amy shook her head in confusion, her hood falling down and revealing her features in full to the vampire.

“You mind explaining the terms you keep using? Vitae, Sire, Lick?”

Johnny leaned back into the vinyl booth seating, taking one last sip of his drink

“Lick’s a slang term for vampire, Vitae is the vampire juice in our bodies, Sire is who turned you into a vamp, and Dracul is the type of vampire I am, with my bloodline being the long line of vampires that are starting to drift off into their own thing but are not quite there yet.”

Amy was reasonably sure that the implication that Dracula was a real vampire that this smiling jackass in front of her was related to was utterly bullshit and yet somehow she believed it. Rather than asking for confirmation, she continued on to another line of questions

“So there are other’s like you?”

Johnny sighed and winced

“I mean, I’ve met at least a couple dozen in the past.” he said, finishing off his bagel “But I haven’t seen any in a couple years, hell I may be the only vampire in the tri-state area.”

Johnny looked over the white and red robes Amy wore, and pointed to them as he asked a question of his own.

“You called yourself Panacea over the phone, what are you like one of those cosplay girls that LARP in public as their OC or something?”

Amy, taken aback by the seemingly lack of knowledge of who she was least of all in Brockton Bay, slowly replied

“I’m a cape. Panacea is my cape name. I’m a healer.”

Johnny quirked up an eyebrow

“What like a superhero? Thought you guys all wore masks and shit?”

Amy shook her head and let out a sigh before taking a sip of her now cooling coffee “Not in New Wave.”

“The fuck is New Wave?”

Amy’s brow furrowed in confusion

“You have never heard of New Wave? We’re capes that don’t bother with secret identities.”

“First off, that sounds like the dumbest idea. Second, I ain’t from around here kid, only been here about three weeks and there’s a lot I don’t know.”

Johnny held up a finger, putting a pause on the conversation to wave over the lone barista who was far more interested in the music coming from her earbuds than any part of the conversation they were having. Nonetheless, the barista seemed to have a sixth sense for customers and came by asking what she could do to be of service. Johnny simply ordered another cappuccino and thumbed out a couple five dollar bills from his wallet and telling her to toss it in the tip jar or in her back pocket, whichever worked out better for her.

In the thirty seconds it was out, Amy caught sight of what she thought was a few one dollar bills, an impossibility, sticking out of the bill pocket and even more interesting a small Polaroid photo of Johnny and a group of seven kids to teens sitting in front of a big rig truck. The group of youths were a dusky guy about the same height as Johnny’s six-foot-two with long dark hair and a hooked nose, a rather attractive blonde with delicate features, an auburn haired girl in a wheelchair, a brawny and jock looking guy with a snub nose, a short and dumpy blonde kid with a really bad haircut that he somehow made work, a guy with a beanie that was taller than long hair and shorter than the jock, and a kinda cure girl with straight brown hair, her lower half covered with a large quilt.

Johnny clenched his hand, snapping the wallet shut and getting Amy’s attention.

“My kids. Found ‘em while I was bummin’ around Wisconsin a while back.” He said simply, his voice filling with nostalgia “They got in over their heads and I couldn't just leave ‘em out to dry.”

Johnny ran a thumb over his closed wallet before pocketing it

“Got two other photos from those days I kept, let them keep the rest for a scrapbook that they started. Stuck with them up till September, this year.”

Amy saw sadness mar the nostalgia in his face and heard it creep into his voice. She had to ask.

“Why did you leave them? They seemed pretty happy in that photo.”

Johnny simply shrugged “I had my reason, ‘sides Frank, my fellow beanpole, was ready to take over and lead em properly. Shouldn’t have a dead man be their crutch anyway…”

A single crimson tear fell from Johnny’s eyes, wiping it away, he continued

“Sorry. Tangent. You have other questions about vamps right?”

Sensing a wall in that line of conversation, she returned to her many questions and got mostly unhelpful answers. Despite this, she didn’t find the conversation irritating and soon the conversation went to other topics. What he did for work, what she did in her spare time, actually getting to know another person. Despite experience telling her otherwise, Johnny was completely open, transparent, and genuine. Something she found quite refreshing, so much so that she actually answered his own questions mostly truthfully.

The night flew by, and soon the barista came by to point out the time; 11:30 PM and that she was going to close up early for the night. Johnny simply let out a friendly laugh.

“It’s OK, I gotta be somewhere soon anyway.”

He handed her a twenty this time and reiterated her tossing it in her tip jar or back pocket whichever worked better for her. The barista smiled and simply said that he would always be welcome in her cafe.

Amy followed him out the door and caught side of his car; a beat up Ford Ranchero that somehow seemed much tougher and more loved than one would expect from such an ugly car.

“Hey, you wanna lift?” Johnny asked, his arm stretched out to the passenger seat “I can give you a lift home or to work or whatever.”

Amy gave him a shake of the head and a smile

“Sure.”

The drive was quiet and short, the car’s stereo was playing some Aleph 90’s pop, and he made sure to park a bit a ways from the ER’s entrance.

As Amy got out of the car, she asked Johnny one last question her voice filled with a little hope;

“Can we hang out again sometime?”

Johnny gave her one of his winning smiles and shrugged

“Eh, why not kid? Anytime between two to four hours after sunset, remember?”

Amy nodded and turned towards the ER, listening to the old and most certainly wise for a car’s engine grow quieter as it drove off into the night.

Those that cared enough to notice would say that Amy Dallon began smiling a bit more and walking a little taller that full moon night in mid November. Even with a sudden surge of hits on gang activity from a mysterious vigilante bringing in more people for her to heal.

Whew! I almost could not start this for the life of me, like I could not figure out where I was going with this. Outline your stories first before you write something it helps out a fuckton. Lemme know how I did and if shit's kosher.

I did say this would come with some homebrew right? Well here it is, a new Follower for people who want a Vampire enforcer fot their Scions!

Vampie Enforcer

"A Vampire to be your extra fist in the night"

Follower (4)

Tags: Heavy, Savage (Vampire Strength), Access (Vampire Society), Unruly (Vampire Arrogance), Tough (Vampire Fortitude)

Just a little simple thing, I couldn't come up with anything that wasn't already in the books.

18. Extras: PHO Posts: Ancient Aliens? The Correction and a DM
    BrotherMouse518

■​

You are currently logged in, XxVoid_CowboyxX
    You are viewing:
    • Ten posts per page
    ■​

♦ Topic: A Correction for "Mythology Exposed!"
    In: Boards ► Conspiracy Theories ► Ancient Aliens
    Procto the Unfortunate Tinker
    (Original Poster) (Not a tinker)
    Posted On Jan 9th 2011:
    Alright, so my Sarah (my sister in law) said I got a lot wrong on my post, here's my corrections;

First off regarding what I said about good old Thor;

"Wields a hammer that only he can lift"

Yeah that's not the whole story.

See, Mjolnir's deal wasn't that only Thor could lift it, but that he was one of the few people who could handle it without its awesome power presumably frying them to a crisp. Hell, Thor couldn't wield it proper without a pair of gloves called Járngreipr (Iron Grippers) since the handle was shorter than it should have been due to a gadfly biting the smith who made it's eye mid creation. Fun fact the gadfly is just assumed to be Loki dicking around. Thor also had another magic item; megingjörð (Power Belt) which just doubles Thor's already awesome strength.

Let me reiterate; Thor doesn't need the belt that makes him twice as strong to use Mjolnir, he needs the gloves that let him hold on to things better to wield it. Thor's a pretty cool guy he fights giants and doesn't afraid of anything

...Thank god there isn't a downvote feature on this site because you all would no doubt smash it to Helheim for saying that old meme...

Moving on to Adonis Rhodos, yeah I got A LOT wrong on this one and was the main reason I'm even posting this on its own.

Let's start with "Adonis Rhodos is the only member of the Hellenistic pantheon to have a surname"

Yeah he isn't unique in this regard, they all have surnames or an epiteth usually involving where they're being worshiped or in what regard they're being revered (I think). Here's some examples;

Zeus Olympios would be Zeus as king of the gods of Olympus and Zeus Panhellios is his name as he is worshiped everywhere in ancient Greece, Athena Parthenos (Athena the Virgin), Aphrodite's most common epithet was Aphrodite Philommeidḗs (Aphrodite Smile-Lover) and in Sparta she was venerated as a war goddess (because all gods are war gods in Sparta) by the name of Aphrodite Areia (Aphrodite the Warlike, because Sparta).

Here's the interesting part I found out while I was researching my corrections; Adonis Rhodos is ALWAYS known as Adonis Rhodos no matter where he was worshiped. Why is that significant? Because unlike the rest of his kin, no matter where he was worshiped he is always Adonis Rhodos. Never anything else. No matter where his cults sprouted up, he was always worshiped as Adonis Rhodos. It is often debated that it was the main reason why they tried to burn down the city of Rhodes, because the worship of him was becoming a problem. Supposedly he descended from the heavens and whipped up a storm that doused the flames before they got out of control.

This is the main reason why I did this because I missed this key bit of info. While I was researching this, I dug up another thing; Donald Rhodes Jr's mother is Greek. There is only one known photo of her and that's because Don Sr. used his considerable assets to unperson her in the media. The only photo that remains is a candid photo that has her face heavily blurred by nature of the shitty camera work. There are a sizeable amount of people in this conspiracy circle that claim that this woman is Aphrodite who for some reason decided to shack up with Don Sr, Adonis Rhodos decided to incarnate within his mother's womb (again) and be reborn as Donald Rhodes Jr.

For some reason.

Personally I find that kind of stupid. Moving on

"once apon a time there was Ra, king of the gods. One day he got old as shit and is retired. He says to his son Osiris" this is wrong on so many levels. There is a story here that involves the birth of the Goddess Sekhmet and/or Bast, and Osiris is his great grandson through Osiris's Dad. Set is not Osiris' brother, but Ra's. Now his bitch fit makes more sense.

I got the emperor of japan/amaterasu connection wrong too. Grandson not son.

No further corrections (on account of not having much to go on in the first place) but I did find something interesting on the Aztec side of things;

So. The Last King (Tlatoani) of the Aztecs was a guy named Cuauhtémoc (good luck pronouning that). That is not his original name, his original name has been lost to history supposedly. He was given this name by the last priests of the religion during the lovely reign of one Hernan Cortes. See, the priests predicted Cortes' arrival and just told the people that he was in fact Quetzalcoatl when they friggin knew that he would be the downfall of the empire, and that their last Tlatoani would be known by the same name as a primordial and OLD AS SHIT god; Cuauhtémoc, his epithet (which is impossible to type correctly so you get the translation) is "Herald of The End Times, Father of the New World"

According to the diary of Cortes, he did everything in his power to try to save the Nauhat peoples. I know, "White Savior" alarm is going off right now I bet. But here's the thing, there is archeological evidence that suggests that the Aztec Empire was trying to assimilate into Spanish culture and stuff by order of the priesthood and Montezuma. They knew that they wouldn't survive as they were and only under Spanish rule and Catholicism would they continue. According to the translated texts of some recently discovered (like 1995 recent) Aztec ruins, it's because Cuauhtémoc witnesses the end of all cycles and that he knew the Spanish were coming, so when they did come the Nauhat peoples would live on even if their empire didn't.

Why would he tell them this? We do not know. Scholars have been debating that for decades.Not even the ruins found in 95 showed any answers to that.

(Showing page 1 of 4)

►Deimos
    Replied On Jan 9th 2011:
    Uhhh...

Ok. Good on you for the correction. I have learned some shit. My time was not wasted for once.

►Morgan Sinister
    Replied On Jan 9th 2011:
    Yeah that Aztec story's a trip. My nana told me that story (she's catholic but likes to tell the old Aztec Stories that her nana, and her nana's nana, and so on told)

►Forgotten Creator
    Replied On Jan 9th 2011:
    Yeah, Cortes' Diary is kind of a sad read. Throughout the whole thing he comes off as a guy who's dreading every action he's taking. Apparently he treated his Aztec wife and mixed child very well (despite portrayals in historical fiction saying otherwise) and killed a man who tried to lay hands on his baby mama. Hell he tried to write down every damn Aztec story, had people document as much as he could, but the church didn't like that and had it burned. It was only some of his own diary and some of the writings being hidden by some confidants of his that we even have them today.

End of Page. 1, 2, 3, 4

♦ Private Messages: Greg - It's Madison, ANSWER NOW!

Specific_Protagonist: It's Madison from School, I know this is your PHO account, no you aren't subtle. I don't care what you think of the shit I do at school or what I've posted online. This is important. Something bad is going to happen at school tomorrow, and I can't stop it. I have tried. I am leaving you this zip file. If something happens to me, if I go missing. Take a copy of that to the police.
    Attached File: NUsinsofthedallonsisters1.zip (1.7 GB)
    XxVoid_CowboyxX: WOO DAMN! You are so lucky that I don't buy what you're selling. I am not beta-ing your newest bit of degeneracy Madison. Can't wait to tell the whole school! Not that they'd believe me, but hey.

Specific_Protagonist: Listen to me dammit! I know I am a collossal bitch, I know I have done some fucked shit. But what Sophia and Emma have planned is too fucking far! Take the fucking file. Read it if you want or don't, just please! If Something happens! Just give it to the fucking cops.

XxVoid_CowboyxX: Even if I did believe you, why me?

Specific_Protagonist: Because you are probably the only person who would give a shit about Taylor even when you don't have the balls to stand up for her. Because they wouldn't expect me to send ANYTHING let alone evidence to you.

XxVoid_CowboyxX: You're really in over your head aren't you?

Specific_Protagonist: Just promise me you will give this to the cops if something happens.

XxVoid_CowboyxX: I promise.

Just a little something for you guys that I shot off the top of my head. Have a good day!

19. Extras: Sidestory: Super X-Mas Funtime Now!
    BrotherMouse518

Twas the night before Christmas, in good old Oh-One
    Not a creature was stirring, OK maybe more than none!
    Stockings hung by chimneys and entertainment centers with care
    Not knowing that this year, St. Nicholas soon would be there;

Five kids in particular all out of their beds,
    All but one with thoughts of meeting Santa filling their heads
    Two in Owl Creek and three in Brockton Bay
    All five up and keeping that Sandman away

Soon that night all five would hear
    The sound of eight thunderous hooves drawing near…

Taylor Hebert knew that she shouldn’t be hiding in her living room under a massive blanket pile, but this year she knew she had a higher chance of finally seeing Santa deliver presents. She didn’t know why of course, she just knew. Her parents had gone off to bed a bit earlier than usual and she was able to sneak downstairs with all of her extra blankets without making too much noise. She didn’t have to wait long, sleigh-bells and beating hooves came and raised her spirits, giving her the widest grin of her life so far!

A shower of lights shaped like snowflakes emanated from somewhere above her and poured into the shape of a very tall man. With a swift shine, the light faded and was replaced with a man in a red coat and a large hat with a large red sack slung over his shoulder, from her hiding spot she could see the edges of his face and a bit of the large white beard. Taylor watched silently with wide eyes filled with wonder, trying not to make any noise as the man quietly and pulled present after present from his sack placing them with care underneath the heavily decorated Christmas tree her and her family worked so hard on. Taylor thought it was strange that Santa didn’t have the floppy hat with the puffball on the end of it, or wasn’t all that overweight but she simply chocked up the latter up to him cutting back on sweets and the former on the off chance that maybe he had more than one hat.

Soon the man finished up, rose to his feet, polished off the plate of cookies and milk that Taylor had left out for him. As the man turned around Taylor let out a small gasp finally catching a good look at the man’s face, especially the lone visible eye that turned down to gaze at her hiding spot. The man smiled warmly and held up a finger to his lips as he dissipated into that strange light he had arrived in.

The only thing that Taylor could say was a whispered out

“Wow…”

Four year old Lily Vargas waited until her family turned in for the night, being as quiet as possible. She had heard the sleigh-bells and the sound of hooves landing on her house’s roof, and she knew that it was Santa. Slowly and sneakily like the ninja that Jiji would tell her stories about, despite how young she was she had memorized every creaky floorboard and step in the house, precisely for this moment.

Inch by inch, she crept down the hall then down the steps. Her home had a proper chimney and it had stockings hanging (all of them hand sewn by her Nana) and instead of a proper pine, there was a bonsai that her mother had managed to grow to an above average size (which took quite a bit of diligence and perseverance) on a table acting as their Christmas tree, presents put around the pot of the bonsai and some of the larger wrapped gifts were under it. All was as it were when Lily was sent off to bed…

Well, except for the tall man in a red coat with fluffy white trim of course. From her place behind the living room couch, Lily smiled as she took in the man’s presence. The man was pulling festively wrapped boxes out of a large red sack and placing them all around and under the tree, humming a Christmas song to himself.

An even larger smile spread across Lily’s face as she crawled around the side of the couch, trying to get a better look at the man. She saw that his face was pale with rosy cheeks, he had a large and magnificent white beard, and on his head was a broad red hat cocked in a way that obscured his left eye. Lily knew deep in her heart who this man was, what child who knew of Christmas didn’t? Much to Lily’s confusion he was not fat, but it did make more sense for him to be skinnier if he had to slide down chimneys all night.

Still calling on the sneakiness of the ninja, she crept closer to the man and knelt beside him, his attention on the gifts he was leaving behind and unaware of the little tyke by his side.

“Hello Santa.” Lily quietly said.

The man froze in place, slowly turning his head to face her.

“Hello, Lily.” The man slowly and somewhat sheepishly said in a voice deeper than the ocean “You should not be up so late, young lady.”

Lily simply smiled, pointed up to the ceiling, and said “I heard your reindeer and sleigh bells.”

The man rose to his full height, to Lily it was as if the roof had to suck in its gut to give the man space. The man in red let out a sigh and smiled at her.

“Most people, even the good children of the World, cannot hear them.” the mans voice seemed to boom even with how quietly he spoke “To be able to hear them…”

Lily tilted her head in confusion, not quite understanding what the man meant. The man looked down at her with a wide and joyful grin.

“Neither here nor there…” The man said, reaching into his sack full of gifts and pulling out a wide rectangular box “…I believe you had written about this in your letter?”

Lily’s eyes went wide and she gasped in excitement “Is that?”

“You’ll have to wait until your parents wake and you open all your gifts.” The man chuckled and placed the box under the manicured tree. “Moments like this are best shared with family after all.”

Lily nodded her head and smiled as the man closed the drawstring of his sack and slung it over his shoulder. She ran to the man and gave him a quick hug before swiftly and quietly returning to her room. As she crept back up the stairs, she heard the bells and hooves atop the roof as they kicked off into the night, followed by the man’s booming laugh.

Lily did as she was told and snuggled herself off back to bed and slept, knowing that the morning would bring nothing but joy.

In all of Donald Rhodes III’s six years of life, never had he been more excited for Christmas. His father took him along on his business trip, his mother was able to visit for a short while, and they both told him the true story of Santa Claus. His father had let him stay up along with him by the fireplace of the penthouse hotel room they were staying in, just so they could meet the man in person. Donnie’s father had poured out two tall glasses of eggnog and he had put on an old Frank Sinatra Christmas record for the both of them to relax to as they sat on, what Donnie thought of, as the world’s most comfortable couch waiting for their future guest.

“Pops?” Donnie asked “How will Santa know to come here? We don’t actually live here.”

Donnie’s father gave him a smile and a shrug of his shoulders “No clue son. I never thought to ask.”

Despite the unsatisfying answer, Donnie did not pout or whine. That way lead to the naughty list and he didn’t want to take his chances so close to the Big Man’s arrival. He simply took another sip of the delicious eggnog and figured he’d just ask the man himself when he arrived. He wouldn’t have to wait much longer; soon he heard the chiming bells of a sleigh, thunderous hooves, and then saw a shower of strange light shaped like snowflakes pouring out past the lit fireplace forming into a tall man with a big white beard in a big red coat.

“YOU CAME!” Donnie shouted in excitement, almost spilling his eggnog as he shot to his feet.

The man in question raised a single brow from his uncovered eye, a small smile forming as he looked to Donnie’s father raising a toast to him. The man chuckled softly and tipped the brim of his wide hat in reply. Donnie zipped forward and excitedly circled the man, almost as if he was taking stock of him as he shotgunned out words a mile a minute

“Pops told me all about you and how your story got started, how the elves really are, about your sleigh, everything! He even let me stay up to meet you!”

The man just chuckled and gave a warm smile to the boy, he then turned his gaze to Donnie’s father and said “So you told him all about me, eh?”

Donnie’s father took a sip of his eggnog and replied “He needed some cheering up this year.”

The man shook his head and pulled out a long wrapped box from his sack, and handed it to Donnie

“Now make sure he does not open it till at least after midnight Mr. Rhodes.” the man said sternly with a pointed finger that opened into a wave goodbye and a short bow of his head “Until next year Mr. Rhodes, young Mr. Rhodes.”

With that, the man became a shower of light and rose up out of the chimney with Donnie waving goodbye.

Owl Creek, Wyoming. “The Ass-End of Nowhere, of the Ass-End of Nowhere.” as the rather bitter Grandfather of one Walter Connolly referred to it.

While the Connolly ranch was in no way festive in any capacity there was still a lone pine in the living room right by the fireplace, albeit a bare one. There were no decorations, no presents, and it was there only for the sake of tradition that there even was a tree. Roused from his sleep by a fit of restlessness was a lone boy of five, Walter Connolly. He had come out of his room to come into the kitchen for a glass of milk and maybe a sandwich, knowing that if he had asked his Grandfather he would most likely get a stern talking to and then have to serve a glass of milk and make a sandwich for him while being sent back to bed with nothing for the trouble. The sound of sleigh-bells and hooves beating along the ground as something large touched down on the roof of his home broke his silent concentration. With that, Walt swiftly and silently made his way to a special cabinet in this wing of the Connolly home. His Grandfather forbid him from using all but one item within it, a fully charged cattle prod.

Walt put on the pair of insulated work gloves then he held the prod as if he were presenting arms in formation. He quickly took position in a small nook that would be an optimum ambush position for any intruder. As he waited, he saw a small shimmer of light around the corner, near the fireplace. He heard a man sighing and something heavy hitting the floor. Walt crept closer with his cattle prod primed and ready. He took in the intruder as he came closer; all dressed in red and with a large hat and a big white beard. Walt crept close enough to be able to swiftly jab the intruder with enough volts to drop any man alive within seconds.

Walt steeled himself and did his best impression of his Grandfather in a staredown “You got a lot of nerve breaking into my home, friend.”

The intruder merely let out a sigh and kept rifling through his sack.

“And you are up far later than you should be, Mr. Connolly.” the man said with a voice full of stern resignation “Then again, I recall your father did something similar when he was your age. Although he had a loaded gun on me rather than a cattle prod.”

Walt tried not to react to the strange intruder’s words, but curiosity got the better of him.

“You knew my father?” he asked, his voice betraying a hint of longing and no longer holding the aped edge of his Grandfather

“Of course.” The man simply stated, reaching deeper into the sack

Walt shook his head and regained his composure “You need to leave before I stick you.” he said without bite.

The man shook his head, and merely muttered “Finally…” as he pulled out a box from the sack. The man left the box underneath the pine tree by that bare fireplace and turned his head a bit towards his tiny captor.

“I believe you wrote a letter asking for this?”

Walt began trembling, whether in fear or anticipation he didn’t know. “I didn’t write you any letter, creep.” he said, voice quaking a bit

“You did not write a letter to Santa Claus at school? The first letter you had ever written to him? After telling your teacher that he was not real?” the man asked

Walt wondered how he could possibly have even known that but decided to humor him.

“She said if I didn’t do the assignment I would have to tell Grandfather that I was being defiant in class.” Walt left out the fear of what new and unusual chore he would have to do alone if that were to have come to pass

“So you wrote a letter saying how you did not believe in Santa Claus and asked for something that you felt was impossible.”

The man gestured to the wrapped package with his hand before rising to his feet.

“I would not take offense to you opening it prior to midnight, Walter.” the man said with a nod of his head. “Merry Christmas.”

With that, the man became a shower of lights shaped like snowflakes and flew up the chimney leaving Walt alone with his cattle prod and that lone package under the skirt of pine needles. As he stood there staring at the package, he heard those bells and hooves once again as they soared off into the night sky. Walt did his best to ignore the strange and fantastical sight before him and merely stared at the spot the man once stood. Soon after Walt steeled himself and placed the cattle prod and gloves back into the very special cabinet at their proper place next to Grandfather’s brush rifle, then took that wrapped package back to his room. He would sit in his bed and contemplate weather or not he should open it for another hour…

The Cheyenne Indian Reservation near Owl Creek, Wyoming was not the first place someone thought of when it came to Christmas cheer. The majority of the population not being any form of Catholic or Chrisitan would do that, however this did not stop the people of the Cheyenne nation celebrating it their own way. Many still did a gift exchange, some put up Christmas trees with their own style of festive kitsch to decorate it, and many more gathered with their kin if only for an excuse to have a feast and make merry. Even if it did not look it, the Rez as the youth of the place called it held the feeling of seasonal cheer.

Well, all but one house that is.

It was the home of the Standing-Bear family. A Husband, a Wife, and a Thing.

The Husband was the head of the Cheyenne Tribal Council and a pillar of the community, or so he thought himself. He was not asleep at home with his family this night, he was off somewhere else with a bottle of gin. The Wife was an activist and a proud champion for her people, or so she thought herself. She was not tucked in bed sound asleep, she was away in her office fruitlessly trying to bury herself in all the work she had already completed hours ago.

The Pale Thing was an abomination, a stain on her family, and not in any way Cheyenne. Or so they told her. She stayed up alone with her blanket wrapped as tightly around herself trying to fight off the Wyoming winter chill. Her hands clenched tightly together, as she silently prayed that the letter she had sent would be answered tonight. She had given it to her Gramma in hopes that she could deliver it for her, her Gramma being the only person to ever show her any form of love or warmth. Still, she was worried her Father was right and that Santa didn’t deliver presents to Pale Things no matter how nice they acted. Gramma told her that her Father was wrong and that she had a name. Her Father just scowled and went off to find more of his precious fire-water.

Soon those prayers were answered by the sound of sleigh-bells and thunderous hooves stopping above her cold and dark home. Her Parents had no tree, but Gramma said that she didn’t need one to get presents. She saw a shower of lights shaped like snowflakes pouring in from the ceiling vent coalesce into a man with a big white beard in a big red coat. The man had a warm smile and a big hat cocked in a way that covered his left eye. In his hand was a shiny wrapped present, with a bow and everything!

The man left it on her bed with a smile and a tip of his hat.

“Merry Christmas, Winonah” was all he said before he flew back up the vent as that shower of light

A big smile found itself on her face as she picked up the box and quickly stuffed it in her bag, she would open it next to her Gramma when she went to visit her tomorrow. With a heart full of joy and a smile on her face, Winonah Standing-Bear drifted off to sleep.

These five children would never have known the Fates in store for them in the future, especially not on that Christmas morning but the gifts they received they would cherish always.

Taylor would get a book about heroes both mythical and mundane throughout the ages, which her mother would help her read every night after till she was ten. Filling her thoughts with tales of heroism and adventure.

Lily would find a DVD box set of Kamen Rider Kuuga, a show that would not find an official release for another half decade outside of low quality VHS bootlegs. Her parents, though surprised, eagerly watched the first two episodes right then and there, kicking off a love of tokusatsu and sowing the seeds of a dream of being able to inspire others the way that show did.

Donnie opened up that gift alongside his father to find an Ibanez Les Paul within. A guitar that even with the wealth and resources of his family they could not quite get for whatever reason. Just like Adams once did, Donnie would practice till his fingers bled and would find a deep passion for music. A few days later he would find McCullough’s Music Shoppe and Instrument Repair picking up a case for his new guitar. Years later when he would settle down in Brockton Bay, it would be his favorite place in the world.

Walt eventually opened that box, finding a matte black cattleman hat that was too large for him. He would grow into it several years later, but it did not stop him from wearing it all the while. He would wear it every chance he could since.

Winonah Standing-Bear opened it while sitting by her Gramma’s side. Within it was the necessary paperwork her Gramma would need to file to formally adopt her. Soon after the court proceedings were dealt with, and Winonah walked with her head held high for once. To celebrate, her Gramma took her to see a friend of hers and to ride his horses while her Gramma played a game of her own with the man. This would be the day that she would meet one Walter Connolly and a friendship formed from him teaching her how to ride.

Meanwhile, from his throne in Asgard, Odin smiled and knew that these five would achieve great things…

Yeah, I had some free time in all the chaos and I managed to whip up this here Christmas special for you guys as my gift to you. Just something to bring some Christmas cheer by having Odin as Santa give people gifts...
    Taylor's gift was a pain in the ass to come up with, but I figured this could serve a good origin for why she wanted to be a hero so badly and why she admired heroes so much.
    Lily's family using a bonsai as a replacement christmas tree was inspired by my recollection of a Rugrats All Growed Up episode (I think it involved the kids moving the Finster's tree over to a classmates house who had some trouble getting things for Christmas, it was a long ass time ago I just thought the image of a bonsai as a Christmas tree was nice. Also bonsai can get pretty damn big if the person taking care of it puts an insane amount of TLC into it
    Donnie getting an Ibanez Les Paul was originally supposed to be him getting a signed copy of Carlos Santana's first album on vinyl but I don't think it'd have as much impact, I remember hearing a story about these lawsuit era Les Paul copies done by Ibanez being a huge hit. Why richer than most gods Adonis Rhodos not being able to find one is a thing? Maybe on Earth Aleph most of them were destroyed after the lawsuit?
    Walt's section was mostly to flesh out a bit of his home life and tell a short story about how he got his hat.
    This is the first time we ever see Winonah and it won't be the last. Yes she is the last member of the band, she will show up in two chapters.

Last edited: Dec 25, 2020
  20. Extras: "When's the Next Update?" & Some Homebrew
    BrotherMouse518

First off, I would like to wish everybody here a very Happy New Year! We did it guys, it's 2021! We should probably check on those dudes down in the Sealab.

I kid.

In all seriousness, I'm posting this here to let you all know the progress of the story and what's affecting it.

After putting it off for almost a decade I am finally taking my driver's test on the 15th of January, which means all my spare time will be me practicing for it and 2.4 won't be dropping until after I get my driver's license. That isn't to say I'm halting work on Band entirely; I've been taking the time to actually think ahead and on what will happen, who will throw spanners in the works of all the wannabe Legion of Doom and Bond Villains out there and why. Intrigue to hook Parahuman against Scion or Denizen, Parahumans actually getting off the back foot, and plots that would effect the both of them.

I mean it also gives me time to peep the new books Onyx Path are putting out between now and then if they drop any.

In the meantime, have some Homebrew;

Zagreus from Hades, both versions of Kratos from God of War, and best doG Ammy.

Theoi

Zagreus, God of Blood.
    Callings: Liminal, Warrior, Trickster
    Purviews: Death, Epic Dexterity, Epic Stamina, Epic Strength, Journeys, Health (Blood)

Kratos, The Ghost of Sparda
    God of War 1-3 (Plus Spinoffs)
    Callings: Warrior, Destroyer, Hunter
    Purviews: Chaos, Epic Strength, Epic Stamina, Fire, Passion (Rage), War

God of War 4/Dad of Boy
    Callings: Warrior, Guardian, Hunter
    Purviews: Epic Strength, Epic Stamina, Fire, Frost, Journeys, Passion (Rage), War

Kami

Okami Amaterasu
    Callings: Guardian, Warrior, Trickster
    Purviews: Artistry (Painting), Beasts (Wolf), Epic Dexterity, Fertility, Journeys, Prosperity, Sun

21. Extras: Lily's Character Sheet + Expanded Relics
    BrotherMouse518

THIS! Is the character sheet with which I used to determine the capabilities of the starting out characters of Band!

This sheet is Lily's, as she has completed her Visitation, and thus is the first relevant character for me to reveal her base sheet. Please note this is a fan made, printer friendly, sheet for second edition that I cannot for the life of me remember where I DL'ed it or who made it (IF ANY OF YOU KNOW PLEASE TELL ME AND I WILL EDIT THIS TO GIVE PROPER CREDIT)

So after I wrote the outline for each character of the as of yet unnamed Band, I used the chargen rules from Scion 2nd Edition; Hero to make every member of the Band (minus Taylor because she's a canon character and I'd just class her as a DMPC with super plot relevance.). This is an almost complete character sheet; the proper amount of Health boxes have not been marked, Deeds are shit you do that you get XP for and if you complete all three you move up a point of Legend, she doesn't have any Fatebindings (yet), and her Birthrights needed a separate notepad file to write what they do in proper detail beyond the ant size space of those boxes and they WILL be featured further down this text post.

[​IMG]

This here is Page 1

Let's start with Skills & Attributes. Rated from 0 (Being a chance die roll and thus a lower chance of success) to 5 (being the peak of mortal human abiliity without magical/divine enhancement, which Scions can go past once they hit Demigod) with the dot rating equal to how many dice you roll when using that skill or attribute. A proper dice roll is skill+attribute with the goal to get as many successes as you can. Now you may be wondering, how in the hell does a 14 Year Old girl have almost master level athletics and close combat and the strength of a man twice her size and then some. Usually Scion characters are made to be about in their late teens/early twenties in Origin, I just used the same rules and handwave it as "Being a Scion means you have an easier time reaching above than mortals" The words on the underline of each skill are the Skill Specialty, you can get these once you hit a skill rating of 3. You can add a specialty to add a +1 Enhacement to your roll when you use that skill in that way, Enhancement giving you an additional Success if you succeed at least once (thus allowing you to activate knacks, inflict injuries, crit, etc). Being a girl who wants to make her own Tokusatsu, she picked up martial arts and is in the best shape of her life. So her Athletics and Close Combat (it's your melee skill) specialties are Acrobatic Tricks and Hand-To-Hand respectively. Her Integrity specialty being her Pure Heart (deflecting temptation by being a "pure and sweet maiden") and her Leadership specialty being Team Building Excercises, because godammit I couldn't get the idea of motivational speaker Amaterasu teaching people how to properly work together out of my head. Specialties can be as specific or as vague as your Storyteller/DM will allow you.

Legend, the stuff that Scions run off of. Concentrated memetic badassery. With each point of legend comes a legendary title; you use these to make your action a Feat of Scale (upping the Scale of which you do things by one) by spending legend. Your Legendary Title goes off one of your Callings (which we will get to that in a bit) and thus must be made with keywords associated with them, in this case her first legendary title "The Sun's Justice & Mercy" comes from her Judge calling.

Paths are divvied into three; Origin (What you were), Role (What you are), Pantheon (What you are to your Pantheon/What you want to be to your Pantheon). Paths are how you get some of your skills in chargen (hence why they have skills in parentheses by their name. You also get whatever is relevant to your character through your paths and invoking them, working with your Storyteller to see what that actually means.

The Virtue Track, basically you can up your roles by sliding towards one way or the other on the virtue track and also risking being overtaken by that virtue and making yourself one dimensional. Lily being a Kami has the virtues of Sincerity and Right Action. The balancing act of being genuine and doing the right thing.

Here be Page 2

[​IMG]

Callings, these bad boys are how you get your Knacks (Demigod Perks/Skills). You must choose one from your Divine Parent/Patron/Former Self and then you may choose any other two you want (at chargen when making a Hero, Origin tier get watered down Callings and they only can have one calling and it must be the one from their Patron/Parent). You can have up to your Calling Dots in Knacks from that calling, Heroic Knacks "costing" one Calling dot and Immortal Knacks "costing" two. The amount of dots in a calling determines how many keywords should be in a Legendary Title. Her title being rooted in the Judge Calling those words were "Justice" and "Mercy". Let's go Knack by Knack

• Good Listener: By nature of being easy to talk to and friendly enough to vent to, you can glean relevant information from people. (When talking to DMPCs you can figure out if they have anything relevant to what you're looking for via conversation so long as they know it)
    • Indisputable Analysis: You get super investigation visualization skills, now you can roleplay your favorite evening cop show character! (in game you roll to determine the enhancement bonus you get to investigating a scene)
    • Quick Study: You have sherlock holmes level observational investigation powers (in game; halve the time you need to make a complete clue collection in a scene)
    • Army of One: Exactly what you think it means (In Game; receive no penalty for fighting outnumbered, gain enhancement based on your Legend to all attacks so long as there are more enemies than you are facing/there are members of your party)
    Now on to the good shit; Purviews, divine powers. Gives you an innate power just for having access to it and allows you to spend Legend to do Marvels (miracles/magic relevant to the purview) or use a Boon (rather than the free form of a Marvel, do essentially a spell with that Purview). IN vanilla, you get two boons at chargen period. My gaming group house rules it so that you get all of your pantheon's Signature purview's boons and you may take two of the three boons from your innate purview for free. Still leaving you with two boons from any of your other purviews.

• Yaoyorozu no Kami is the Signature Purview of the Kami of Japan. It allows their scions to communicate with the kami of objects and thus get them to tell you things or do things for you. Its boons; Appeasing the Kami allows you to schmooze the kami into being better at its job for you and yours while making it uncooperative for anyone you don't want using its using it. The Watchful Spirit allows you to have an object kami play lookout/watchdog for you. Innate Ability; you can speak to the Kami within objects.
    • The Sun Purview. Gives you the power of the sun. Doesn't matter if its the sun as a life giver, a source of heat, or the symbolism of it such as the morning light meaning hope for a new day. Hope Reborn channels the symbolism of the sun to make people see you as a possible solution to their problems thus granting an Enhancement for when you try to figure those out or (if you're an asshole) use them as leverage in influence. Penetrating Glare adds Enhancement when you roll to cut through lies, confusion, illusions, or any other deception. Innate Abilities; you can radiate an aura of sunlight that pierces darkness up to long range as a reflex, spending legend makes the light more radiant and imposes penalties on rolls to attack you or your allies.
    • Epic Stamina. This is the kind of tankiness you expect from Demigods, you can now facetank things you shouldn't. Adamant body gives you natural armor and makes you resistant against a specific type of damage determined by you when you activate the Boon. Innate Abilities: immunity to mundane poison and disease and never risk dying of hunger, thirst, or exhaustion
    • Epic Strength. Remember Hercules? He had this one. Pistons for Fists make you hit so hard you knock people prone or send them flying backwards also, Mooks and Jobbers become Dynasty Warriors enemies and thus you can take out Mooks/Jobbers all at once with your attacks rather than going at it one at a time if you so choose. Innate Abilities: your scale goes up by one for the purposes of lifting/carrying/breaking objects you can also use the Might attribute in place of Presence to intimidate, seduce, or make friends.
    • Order. Supernatural Authority over society and civilization. Innate Abilities: Law sense, allowing you to determine if any action you witness or think about doing is legal, accurately. Also mortal, non blessed, normal law enforcement is physically unable to taking action against you for doing something that is lawful nor can they overreach the bounds of authority. Why? Because, and I quote, "their body betrays them in the face of true justice"
    • Propserity. You control the prosperity of people and cities thus allowing to bless people with good monetary fortune (wether it be good investment or just an influx of high paying customers) or rescind it. Innate Abilities: by flexing your wealth to influence someone, you can make them like you a bit more. Lily will NEVER use this.
    BIRTHRIGHTS! THE MAGICAL AND DIVINE GIFTS BESTOWED UPON SCIONS TO GRANT THEM THE MEANS TO CHANNEL THEIR DIVINE MIGHT! Now I believe I mentioned exactly what the statblocks here mean in my Relic Creation post earlier, its threadmarked in the Informational tab for those curious. Here are the statblocks for those Birthrights;

Issun-Boshi
    Guide & Retainer

Guide Traits (Rating: 1)
    Asset Skills: Close Combat
    Benefits/Invocation: Issun is quite the spry little thing and knows the best way to take on opponents larger than yourself!
    Guide Stunt: (1-3s) Gain Enhancement equal to successes spent on the next roll you make to attack, defend, or evade an opponent of a larger Scale of Size than yourself.

Celestial Wolf Armor
    Henshin Hero's Garb

Relic Traits (Rating: 4)
    Purviews: Epic Strength, Epic Stamina
    Motif: With the strength and fortitude to face any evil
    Knack: Henshin!
    The Armor can be summoned and dismissed from the belt buckle

Armor Traits
    Armored: Hard (1), Resistant (Bulletproof) (2)

Yata no Kagami Compact
    Compact Mirror

Relic Traits (Rating: 2)
    Knack: Scry
    The Mirror allows for remote viewing of any person on The World so long as the user can properly visualize their targe and/or has something of their target's, Rating: Imbue 1 Legend

Yasakani no Magatama
    Jade Jewel Bead Necklace

Relic Traits (Rating: 4)
    Purviews: Order, Prosperity
    Motif: By the grace of the Kami do I claim the right to lead.

And that, ladies and gentlemen, is Lily Vargas as a scion complete with almost done character sheet. Lemme know what you think, lemme know what you thought of 2.4, hell lemme know if you would prefer I don't make another post like this again and just stick to prose. Your feedback helps drive me and drives the story.

22. Extras: Walt's Character Sheet & Relic
    BrotherMouse518

Since I forgot to do this when I dropped 2.6 here's Walt's starting Legend 1 character sheet. Gonna run down his abilities and relic like I did with Lily, although since I went over the specifics of stats and what they mean with her this will be a much shorter piece. Although I will reiterate; I am using a house rule that gives both Boons from the Scion's Pantheon Signature Purview and two of their Innate Purview's Boons for free rather than just choosing two total.

BE WARNED! Minor spoilers are in his Paths but it's kinda transparent and on theme so it's not entirely a spoiler, but still erring on the side of caution and letting you all know now.

Once again I am foiled by QQ's thing about linking imgur images. So here it is in link form. Page 1

I am going to just come out and say this: Building Walt as a Scion was a royal poin in the ass. I knew what his shtick was, I knew what stats would suit him, but goddamn his Paths, first Legendary Title, Knacks, Relics, and Purviews were a bitch. But eventually I slammed my head into the wall enough times to figure him out.

Let's start from the top and work our way down as per usual;

The keen eyed among you may notice that his Athletics specialty is equestrianism, normally horse riding is under the pilot skill in Scion (for some reason) but I'm house ruling it as athletics purely because it makes more sense for riding an animal to be an athletic action rather than a mechanical action (at least to me). Walt is a rough and tumble kid and did get into fights with people back home in Wyoming, mostly started by others and thus his Hand-To-Hand specialty. He did a lot of shooting with his Grandfather and went on hunts with him, but he was more a marksman than an outdoorsman and prefers the six gun hence his predilection for revolvers. His Integrity is high by nature of him being the most stubborn SOB you will meet and nobody barring adults he actually respects and defers to (his grandparents or parents) he will ignore anybody telling him otherwise, luckily this has helped him hone an Iron Will as his Integrity specialty. His other skills are all just what I thought that he'd dabble in and thus went with that.

Walt's attribute spread was a lot easier he is a Physical Primary with his favored approach being Resilience, with Mental being his secondary and Social his tertiary. His best two stats; Composure and Dex. Nothing outwardly phases him and his draw is fucking fast, not a slow bastard by any stretch either. He is average intelligence, not the most clever person, and if not for being a juggernaut of a dude he would blend in to the background, he's also not one for lying.

His Title actually came from this reply early on;

Thanks TSBasilisk!

His paths kind of speak for themselves, but his Pantheon path is a minor spoiler. When all is said and done, Walt will be the Seelie Court's personal bounty hunter, fae that are causing a ruckus amongst the mortals will be brought before Dawn (as Titania) after Walt drags them kicking and screaming to her court. Granted he will have to work up to the Big Fellas. According to a friend of mine who read Dresden Files this sounded a lot like the Summer Knight. So a bit of serendipity has given him a nice hook.

Page 2 godammit

Originally Walt was going to be super gimped, basically the demigod equivalent of a mule. Since he was the child of two seperate pantheons, he would have access to neither PSP but still have the downsides of the innates of both (He would know how he dies but not the context and he'd be under Geas but gain no Momentum from it) this would have been a massive overcorrection so I just had him do the thing they suggested you do with a Scion of two deities in 1e with the Deva write up; take the purviews of one and the callings of the other.

Callings; Walt is primarily a Hunter with him just barely dipping his toes into the Warrior and Guardian callings.

Apex Predator - If Walt's target attacks him or tries to counter hunt him and his target is a lower tier than him (so Mortals atm) have a more difficult time actually doing anything to him, if the target is his quarry than the difficulty is even greater

Keen Eyed Predator - You know those scenes in westerns or in an action movie where the hero walks into a seemingly empty location, keeps walking, and instinctively knows about the dudes about to blast him away? This knack gives Walt that power. Mechanically its a knack skill roll and the player would be able to ask the Storyteller the amount of successes he rolled in questions. The example questions in the book are "What kinds of hazards are present, where is the closest exit, whats the safest way in, how many hostiles" etc

Most Dangerous Prey - Remember how Apex Predator had quarry in italics? Thats because of this knack. This knack lets Walt choose an enemy to be his Quarry and he gets enhancement to all rolls against them until they are caught by him (or the end of the session whichever comes first but this aint a tabletop gaming session so it's not likely to end that way). This knack grants Walt to special stunts; Stalk (make another movement after resolving an attack) or Snare (trap the target in place)

Hunter knacks are perfect for making a Dead By Daylight Killer btw.

Trick Shot is Walt's only Warrior knack at the moment and it was chosen solely because its such a cowboy knack. If Walt decides to walk the path of Revolver Ocelot and do some wicked gunplay than the difficulty instead becomes enhancement. THATS RIGHT HE SHOOTS BETTER WHEN HE DICKS AROUND!

A Sentinel is a fun little Guardian knack; Walt guards either a person or a group of trivials (i.e. a bunch of random passersby Walt doesn't personally know) as his charge and thus gets better at defending and they get better at defending (themselves) while Walt gets enhancement to keeping track of and defending his charge(es)

PURVIEWS!

Walt's Pantheon Signature Purview is Geasa. The innate is that he's under Geis and thus gains momentum whenever obeying it causes trouble. Walt's geas is "You must face any evil in front of you". Its boons; Lay Geis and Tongue of the Bard.

Lay Geis allows him to put someone under a geis of their own at the cost of a point of legend (which comes back if the geis is ever broken) with the only limitation being that the person under geis must be able to uphold it immedietly when the geis is placed on them, which means banning someone from wearing red while they're wearing red wouldn't work since the person is wearing red.

Tounge of the Bard is a fun one; by imbuing Legend, Walt speaks the truthful answer of a question he asks (the Storyteller) either in an impassioned speech or a rhyme and gets Enhancement 3 to any action that benefits from it. I can't wait to use this!

Walt's innate purview is a conversion of the 1e purview of Epic Perception (they gave this as an example in Mysteries of the World for doing so) and it was chosen purely because I couldn't think of anything to give him until I already wrote 2.1 and at this point im committed to it. The innate power is that he is immune to all mundane forms of surprise and thus gets to act in a surprise round, unless the surprise comes form a supernatural (or parahuman) source which means he'd have to roll a clash of wills (NARRATIVE TENSION FOR THE WIN!) which means he could get jumped.

The boon Predatory Focus gives enhancement to all attack rolls so long as Walt only attacks a character he specifies. It's the "LET's FUCK UP THIS GUY IN PARTICULAR" power, if he attacks someone else the boon ends.

Third Eye. It's essentially a max level Detect Magic/Scouter supernatural edition at the cost of imbuing legend. Basically magical things come up with a halo of light around them, the brighter the halo the stronger the magic (and the higher the legend if they have one) it also grants enhancement to see through magical illusions.

Epic Stamina I covered with Lily, but Walt has Unbreakable as a boon instead. Unbreakable is a reflexive action, if someone tries to damage Walt then he can spend a point of Legend to negate it, alternatively he can do this counter to negate a debilitating injury or loss of physical ability (losing a limb or breaking his spine)

Fortune! The one I haven't covered. Fortune's innate; Cowboy here can sense the presence of Fatebindings, and if he meets the other half of a Fatebinding he knows of he can tell that two people are bound together. He can also sense when Prophets and Sorcerers manipulate Fate with their abilities even if they normally wouldn't be able to be perceived. This purview is tied to his guide, Evian. Fluff wise that means that buddy cat is teaching him this shit. God help his sanity.

RELICS!

I went over The Fool Binder in an earlier threadmarked informational post, it's a fae shot revolver that can bank shots accurately. His back tat channels the powers of epic stamina and epic dex, not much. If he gets skinned (easier than you'd think with Scions) that counts as his relic no longer being on his person. His armor is The Mantle of Midsummer, it is the uniform for the Knight of Midsummer (totally not the Summer Knight) and is a bulletproof duster that he can call forth from his belt buckle.

We all know about Evian. But did you know his full name and title? Sir Evian of Beantown, Knight of the Noble House of Fiona, First and Only Familiar of The Goddess Dawn, First and Only Familiar of Walt Connolly. Evian is the best study buddy and best magic teacher you could have, however he is a chatty bastard.

AND THUS THE SHEET OVERVIEW IS OVER! ENJOY THYSELVES!

Next up is Donnie's chapter and then we get his nifty stuff out of the way. Luckily he hast more Knacks than Birthrights.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2021