1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Blade (UBW!Taylor Worm Quest)

Discussion in 'Questing' started by siflux, Aug 5, 2015.

1. tertius

tertius drunken shitposter extraordinaire

[X] Study extra for the GED
    [X] Continue playing games planning with Uber and Leet

2. siflux

siflux Lurker

The Zero Suit is available:
    I consider it a sub-component of the Power Suit trace: like the arm cannon, it can be summoned without the rest of the armor.

The Zero Suit provides access to all e-tanks, but that's about it. It doesn't have speed booster, space jump, screw attack, extra defense, beams, bombs, missiles, or environmental protection. A low cost energy barrier as an under layer can still be very useful, but it badly needs an outer layer of armor. Morph Ball is unsuitable, but like Samus, Taylor is small enough in just the Zero Suit to crawl through the kind of spaces that would otherwise require Morph Ball.

Since it lives on Samus's ship and not in her armor, the emergency pistol is not available. Yes, it's available immediately in Smash Bros when the armor comes off, but in Zero Mission, it's only available when the armor is inaccessible. Also, Leet put a stun gun in the armor; his power wouldn't let him make another one for a sidearm.

BBJimmy likes this.
  3. Scope

Scope Versed in the lewd.

I was likely unclear about it, but I meant her last two outings. Did she do a complete change or just summon the power suit alone?
    As far as I'm aware, both of these are go out an then change. Does she directly make the Zero Suit on herself, discard her clothes and then the Power Suit? Or just the Power Suit over her cloths? There was that thing about destroying the interior lining of the Power Suit, but I'm not sure it matters for something that is ultimately disposable. Then again there was mention of pinching at the joints.
    Well, that is certainly nice to know. Was that part of the original Zero Suit or is that an aspect of the Noble Phantasm? How much does it cost? Is that what you meant by the energy tanks being easily replenished? Or are the two exclusive so that if the Power Suit gets destroyed, she still has some protection?
    You mean the stun gun in the arm cannon? For a moment I though you meant there was a secret compartment in the armor storing the gun in there somewhere. Pity we will never see the pistol/sword/whip thing in action, but since Taylor could just summon the Arm Cannon. Though it is lacking in melee.

That or you mean the Stun Gun is actually sitting inside the Arm Cannon and can be removed from it. That would be a nice way to have both, in that the Arm Cannon can not truly function without the Stun Gun or something like that, and that the Stun Gun can't do more without connecting to the functions in the Arm Cannon.

Vote Tally : Blade (UBW!Taylor Worm Quest) | Page 9 | Questionable Questing
    ##### NetTally 1.7.4
    No. of Votes: 16
    No. of Votes: 11
    [X] Meet up with AllSeeingEye for lunch
    No. of Votes: 8
    [X] Other (Write-in)
    No. of Votes: 2
    [x] Go to school
    -[X] Train using all your different projections
    No. of Votes: 1
    -[X] Museum
    [X] Get more gear for your power
    [X] Other (Write-in) (Drop Evening Patrol)
    -[X] Experiment with magic. Practice using Reinforcement (with the help of Structural Analysis) on stuff you don't mind breaking. Try to find some kind of indication of what the limit is before things starts to break. Also try experimenting with it on meat and plants... and spices. You know, consumables in the kitchen when you are making something to eat(It's not because you are hungry or anything, just curious if you can make food taste better and stuff). And maybe even... ugh... bugs. Might need some roach hotels or fly traps for that. At least they will be trapped when you do it. Unless they manage to break out because of said experimentation, not sure on how to feel about that, but at least it won't last long. Or it shouldn't.
    -[X] Admit you have powers, and that it gives you the ability to copy and reproduce things at a cost of some energy that varies depending on what is being reproduced. You are trying to figure what variables makes things take a little longer to copy and and what makes things cost more other that size, complexity and how involved you are in its tale. But basically, if they still have old stuff laying around, you can probably reproduce it so long as it used to work at some point in time since you think you aren't restricted to copies of how they currently are. That should open up some possibilities, right?
    -[X] Experiment with magic. Why does Structural Analysis work better on certain things. Is it the size? Because of what the object in question could be used for? A concept? Or is it a feature like sharpness, durability, hardness or whatnot?
    --[X] Go to the mall, you can 'window shop' and do comparisons in the kitchenware section among other places with easily weaponize instruments(though you still need to check on stuff that aren't weapons for the comparison thing). You still have some money left over from after getting your phone. so you can also get your wardrobe updated... Maybe just things you could use as a quick disguise(or just anything you think looks good)?
    -[X] Research other feasible locations.
    Total No. of Voters: 20

##### NetTally 1.7.4
    No. of Votes: 16
    No. of Votes: 10
    No. of Votes: 8
    [x] Go to school
    [X] Other (Write-in)
    -[X] Museum
    -[X] Experiment with magic. Practice using Reinforcement (with the help of Structural Analysis) on stuff you don't mind breaking. Try to find some kind of indication of what the limit is before things starts to break. Also try experimenting with it on meat and plants... and spices. You know, consumables in the kitchen when you are making something to eat(It's not because you are hungry or anything, just curious if you can make food taste better and stuff). And maybe even... ugh... bugs. Might need some roach hotels or fly traps for that. At least they will be trapped when you do it. Unless they manage to break out because of said experimentation, not sure on how to feel about that, but at least it won't last long. Or it shouldn't.
    -[X] Admit you have powers, and that it gives you the ability to copy and reproduce things at a cost of some energy that varies depending on what is being reproduced. You are trying to figure what variables makes things take a little longer to copy and and what makes things cost more other that size, complexity and how involved you are in its tale. But basically, if they still have old stuff laying around, you can probably reproduce it so long as it used to work at some point in time since you think you aren't restricted to copies of how they currently are. That should open up some possibilities, right?
    [X] Other (Write-in)
    -[X] Experiment with magic. Why does Structural Analysis work better on certain things. Is it the size? Because of what the object in question could be used for? A concept? Or is it a feature like sharpness, durability, hardness or whatnot?
    --[X] Go to the mall, you can 'window shop' and do comparisons in the kitchenware section among other places with easily weaponize instruments(though you still need to check on stuff that aren't weapons for the comparison thing). You still have some money left over from after getting your phone. so you can also get your wardrobe updated... Maybe just things you could use as a quick disguise(or just anything you think looks good)?

##### NetTally 1.7.4
    No. of Votes: 9
    No. of Votes: 5
    [X] Other (Write-in)
    [X] Other (Write-in)
    -[X] Museum
    [x] Go to school
    [X] Go to school
    [x] meet up with AllSeeingEye for lunch
    [x] Continue playing games with Uber and Leet

Last edited: Nov 10, 2016
  4. siflux

siflux Lurker

Hadn't thought about it too closely, but lack of Alteration means the only good option is change to Projected potato-quality copy of ordinary clothes at home, slip out, then let the clothes fade while Tracing the full Power Suit over it. The full Power Suit Trace was definitely used, and you definitely didn't change at home.

The Power Suit and Zero Suit share their E-Tanks -- if the Power Suit runs out of energy, the Zero Suit is destroyed too (see Samus's death animations, you sicko). I've been intentionally avoiding putting numbers to the costs to make things easier for me to adjust on the fly. Zero Suit costs more than clothing, but obviously less than the full Power Suit. Zero Suit also costs less than Halbeard's Armor, as well as less than Kid Win's Tinkertech armor. However, the Zero Suit is completely unarmored -- it's just the fact that it can soak a few shots due to E-Tanks that makes it at all useful, as well as the fact that (being skintight) it can go under basically any other armor. The Zero Suit is summoned as a sub-component of the Power Suit NP. It's possible to summon the Zero Suit alone (probably as an under-layer for another armor), or the Power Suit without the Zero Suit (if you feel like risking getting a nasty pinch). If you summon just one layer, you still get your full set of E-Tanks; if you summon both, you still only get one (full) set of E-Tanks.

Pffft, you wish the emergency pistol/whip slotted into the Arm Cannon. No, your attack options for the Power Suit NP are Arm Cannon, Morph Bombs, and that's it. More beams, Missiles/Super Missiles, and Power Bombs are theoretically compatible with the suit if they're ever created. Leet didn't even attempt to make Zamus's emergency whip-pistol due to its similarity to the Arm Cannon.

Thank you for tallying the votes, Scope! I normally force CKirk to count my votes for me because I'm an inconsiderate lazy jerk like that and he's willing to do it for me. My family's visiting this weekend, so the next story post may be delayed until as late as Monday evening. Apologies in advance for being unable to hold to my writing commitment (but I'm not sorry that I value my family more).

Scope likes this.
  5. Scope

One day, Taylor will be knocked out while out and about, and when she wakes up from it, it will be with her in her Birthday Suit. :V
    Shame no one really wants to do or vote for a write-in for whatever reasons. It'd be nice to get the full Shirou package. Ability-wise anyways.
    So we can dismiss the Zero Suit and resummon it for a full set of E-Tanks while still wearing the Power Suit?
    :(

Well, maybe the grapple beam can be used as a whip/sword thing with stun settings, even if it would be clunkier to use.
    NP, Tally just takes a few mouse clicks.

The update will always be as late as Monday Evening, just like how Copacetic updates on Saturdays. :V
    Take your time.

BBJimmy likes this.
  6. siflux

siflux Lurker

No, but you can just resummon a full set of e-tanks. Or you can make a bunch of energy restoration power ups, which is sightly cheaper but also slightly slower/can be interrupted. Those are pretty neat -- they recharge electrical devices on contact.

No, I'm just a terrible person. The update is late, CKirk is bugging me to write it until I get it done (because I want him to do so), and despite the short voting period, there's still going to be another update on Friday.

Maybe I'll also actually update Coil Quest this week too.

7. Scope

Huh, wouldn't it be cheaper to just make one E-Tank? Getting one in the game fills up all your energy (in addition to a new tank, but I think the E-Tank slots are all full) or does game-physics not apply in this case?

8. siflux

siflux Lurker

Picking up a fresh e-tank is in between the previously listed methods in terms of cost and speed. It's still worth a refill, but your suit is at capacity there, so it won't be added to internal storage. Now, if you could maybe get a Tinker to make a backup that wires into the armor where you can just slot in spare e-tanks or something like that...

9. siflux

siflux Lurker

Attention: I have committed the most dreaded of mistakes and made a continuity error: Bakuda is in this story a week before she was scheduled to trigger. Worse, I both wanted to use her as the focus (though not necessarily) protagonist of the next interlude to cover her recruitment, and require her to have been in the story already to have provided morph bombs. I will deal with these issues by advancing the story about a week into the future exactly two weeks: Bakuda was recruited on Wednesday, March 23, 2011, and the Metroid episode was now Friday, March 25; and by crying to myself while I think up a new interlude topic the next chapter will be March 29, making April Fool's day a perfect setup for an interlude. Prank wars, ignite. New chapter is being written, updates never right now, why aren't you reading it?

Last edited: Nov 16, 2016
    BBJimmy likes this.
  10. Scope

When she triggers and when she holds Cornell University hostage are two different things. As well as when Lung went and got her, and her appearance in canon.

Her showing up early doesn't mean much unless you want other canon events to happen sooner rather than giving us an actual period of peace to do things.

Given the things that happened to the Undersiders, I'm not sure why that matters.

11. siflux

siflux Lurker

Let me be more specific: According to the timeline, Lung recruited Bakuda on the 23rd (which was, of course, both after when she triggered and when she held the university hostage). In the post-Metroid interlude, it's pretty clearly communicated (at least in my opinion, and is authorial intent) that she's in the Bay, but hasn't been there long. This means that I can't force an ABB cape to leave the city to recruit her while they're still busy consolidating their position, which was the initial interlude plan.

My intent is to hold roughly to the canon timeline for as long as it makes sense: Characters are individual agents, trying to accomplish their own goals, and until you butterfly enough, they won't have a reason to take you into account in their plans. The Undersider events on the timeline are, for obvious reasons, not happening anymore. Coil is still going after Dinah, and is still likely to make the final snatch on May 14 unless the Protectorate are no longer going to be out of town that day. The most important plot butterfly is the inevitable Endbringer attack: while I have a scene in mind to write the attack around, I haven't yet decided which of the three it'll be (almost definitely not Ziz because she attacked last, though), and if BB is sufficiently less of a shithole in time, it won't even be where the attack happens (unless you do something to make Ziz have it in for you). The next Endbringer attack is still scheduled for mid-May, but who and where are undecided. Attendance mandatory unless you can find a damn good reason not to go.

12. Threadmarks: 3.6
    siflux

siflux Lurker

Today is going to be a great day! Today, you will finish studying math so trivial you could have done it years ago, and will only have to endure it again in your studying during your review segments. Seriously, it’s a chore forcing yourself to complete the practice problems, but you are nothing if not thorough, and above all else you don’t want to fail your GED exam.

Dad’s already gone to work by the time you leave your room. Hopefully, he won’t notice that your morning run is rapidly transmuting into nighttime patrol. At least you’re still getting the same exercise -- more, actually, especially when you run into people you can help.

As you ride the bus downtown, you finally remember that your new phone has an internet connection. The only reason this isn’t completely embarrassing is because of just how new it is. It’s okay to learn things.

You navigate to PHO and private message AllSeeingEye. I’m too busy to meet up today, but I’d love to meet up sometime. Maybe in a day or two? By the time the message is sent, you’re already at the library, and then it’s study time until school would let out anyway. (GED status: 6/30 study points!) (GED status: 7/30 study points!) (GED Math segment fully studied!)

Other than completion, the major bright spot of the early afternoon is your slow conversation with AllSeeingEye.

No problem, just let me know when you’ve got the time. No offense meant, but can you do something to prove you were Samus? Something like taking a pic of the armor, holding a sign with today’s date on it? I don’t need your face or anything, or even a picture necessarily, just proof you were the one in the suit. I can give you Leet’s address so you can ask him for the shot.

Actually, I stayed in contact with him after the episode. you message back. I can get the shot later, no problem. Even if Ted isn’t okay with you taking the shot, you can always just Trace it onto yourself at home.

Speaking of which! You text Daniel and Ted as you approach. This phone is actually really convenient. But… you won’t use it when it’s unsafe. There’s no issue using it when you’re just walking or on the bus, but behind the wheel of a car? You don’t drive yet, but you couldn’t do that to anyone your guided kinetic slug might hit.

Daniel lets you into the apartment, but you don’t settle down immediately to get gaming. First: “Hey, apparently I have a fan. Can I take a selfie in the armor for them?”

“Only if we get to be in it,” Ted insists.

You scribble out a 3/29/2011 on some paper and roll the armor towards the bathroom to change. It’s still on its cart for easier transportation. You take a quick selfie in the bathroom before returning to the main room for one with Uber and Leet -- they’re masked by the time you get out. A splitting wedge dangles loosely from Leet’s fingers, matching sledgehammer resting against the wall, while Uber poses for the shot with a brilliantly gilded sword.

The sword....

It’s electroplated, not gilded, your power fills in, as its history rushes through you. Hand-forged by Uber, its complete lack of tinkertech and decorative nature belies its quality. Even though you haven’t unlocked it yet in the game, you instantly recognize it for what it is: the fully-upgraded sword of evil’s bane, and a beloved weapon with which Uber is surprisingly well-practiced.

Link’s Master Sword. New Trace: Golden Sword[Uber/Link]

“You’ve been waiting to use that sword for a Legend of Zelda episode for a while, haven’t you?” You ask.

“Yeah,” He smiles faintly. “We just… haven’t had a good setup for it yet. I wanted to do more than run through the motions with it.”

With that, you settle into gaming, still in the armor. By the end of the evening, you’ve been through all the dungeons, but you refuse to drop into the pyramid and complete the game until you reach 100% item completion. You’ll finish it up tomorrow.

After you change out of the Power Suit, you upload the picture for AllSeeingEye and you text Kid Win, with whom you traded numbers last night. Not that lacking his number would stop you from contacting him: you could just recreate his phone identically to how it was last night and look up the number off it. But that would be really awkward if you messaged him, and it doesn’t matter because you actually have personal numbers for Vista and Kid Win. Well, for their cape guises, at least, but that’s what you want right now. You don’t know it, but your photo is on the top of /v/ by the morning.

You patrolling tonight? You ask. I’d like to do another joint patrol tonight.

The reply is prompt: Not tonight. Want me to ask the others?

Sure.

About fifteen minutes later, he gets back to you. You’re almost home by then. Ugh, it’s just Shadow Stalker on patrol tonight, and she only gets partnered with the grown-ups. Still interested?

You’ve already copied Armsmaster’s gear, and if Kid Win really thinks you won’t enjoy it, you’ll trust his judgement. Besides, more ground will be covered if you don’t patrol with a Ward. If you don’t think I should, I won’t. Just tell me when you’re up again, okay?

I’m not allowed to say when I’m scheduled ahead, but I’ll let you know as soon as it starts.

Once more, you slip out after dinner and take to the streets in your Traced armor. You stick to the border between Nazi and Other Axis Powers territory, catching a few groups of fighting gang members in the act. You don’t directly save any lives tonight, but the city will be safer with more gang members off the streets.

Today was Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Name vote is still ongoing!

Should you tell anyone about your powers yet? (Optional, non-urgent, any number of sub-votes allowed. I just want to understand want the thread wants here).
    [ ] No, not yet. Surprise is too valuable to give up.
    -[ ] What would cause you to want to tell people? (Optional, write-in)
    [ ] Yes, you think it would be useful for some people to know:
    -[ ] Dad deserves to know the risks you’re taking.
    -[ ] Uber and Leet could work with your powers if they knew. Plus, then you could be a proper partner.
    -[ ] Kid Win and Vista deserve to know that you actually have powers. Maybe some of the other Wards or the Protectorate too.
    -[ ] Someone else? (Write-in)

Next Day’s Day Plan (Two votes, up to two more if you cannibalize morning study or evening patrol):
    [j] Go to school
    [ ] Study extra for the GED
    [ ] Spend time with Uber and Leet
    [ ] Get more gear for your power
    -[ ] How?
    [ ] Meet up with AllSeeingEye
    [ ] Other (Write-in)

13. Scope

I suppose pushing everything two weeks ahead fixes everything continuity wise. Except that intended interlude with Lung going to get Bakuda?

Just feels like we lost time that could be used to improve(like getting that damn GED out of the way). Not a big deal though,Taylor would still be active for less than a week since the start of the quest.

Speaking of individual agents, goals and butterflies; ditching three days of school to hang out at a library and then an arcade sure had some extreme effects on the now nonexistant Undersiders given they never did anything to the ABB until April.

Probably none of us would have blinked an eye with some minor continuity issues like Bakuda being here a little early, things were obviously already different before our input. Besides, the interludes you intend to use can't be by the fact that Bakuda is already here, so why bother change the dates?
    Well, other then the lack of interlude ideas.

Eh, that pesky feeling of loss opportunities won't go away even though rationally it effects so little.

On the upside, you stated that you plan to stick to the dates or something like that, assuming we don't butterfly them away, I guess there are things we should look out for now.

14. siflux

siflux Lurker

I sorta regret giving the thread so much time prior to an Endbringer showing up (but sorta not). I don't feel bad at all about taking away two weeks.

Coil is Thomas Calvert. Thomas Calvert knows that Shadow Stalker is Sophia Hess. Coil commanded the Undersiders. There's a clear link of 'maybe' there.

Okay, my best excuse really is that Coil choose another series of timelines than canon and this was better for him than whatever happened in the other one, even though he lost Bitch (dead) and Regent (fled city). I wonder what could have been worth that tradeoff? But seriously, from a Doylian perspective, your choice not to suicidally head out before you had any gear meant that you lost the opportunity to save the Undersiders from an angry dragon. This was a good trade.

Bakuda being early would be fine. Bakuda being recruited after she'd already been recruited? Less so.

Major events unlikely to be butterflied away completely in the short term: Coil kidnapping Dinah, an Endbringer attack. Coil will also likely act against zero or more extant gangs -- he has the files on the E88 capes, and the ability to get his face clawed off by the most important ABB cape. Lacking the internecine fighting of a ten-day gang war and mega-alliance, Coil probably won't leak the Medhall files in this continuity. Oh wait, that's exactly what's going on, just for a completely different reason. Fortunately, there's no exotic bombing campaign because Lung was never captured, so it's still possible for the Endbringers to choose a different target.

Raising Kittens and Scope like this.
  15. Scope

For all the voters, here is one major reason to spill the beans with Uber and Leet. Though I suppose there might be a wild goose chase that might be fun if we don't.
    Let's see, doesn't know self-reinforcement, best gear was a butterknife or low quality chefs knife. Don't know if she knew how to overload reinforcement at that point in time.
    At best, Taylor would be able to copy some guns, switchblades and swords. Those would do considerably worse than bugs.
    Guess the Undersiders were never meant to be, because Taylor's impact at this point is zilch.

Not trying to nitpick, but still wondering what set it off an month in advance. Coil must have gained something, some kind of curve ball to throw at us later, from having the Undersiders do something to the ABB that would cause Lung to retaliate personally.
    *snerk*
    Wat.
    Something to be glad for, I suppose.

16. siflux

siflux Lurker

Nah, the 4chan bit's just for shits and giggles. Since I was having you take a selfie with the date in it anyway, it seemed like the right thing to do.

The best plan in that case would have been to lean heavily on Structural Analysis and then out-think Lung. The goal would be to survive and escape, not necessarily to take Lung down.

In canon, Coil maneuvered the assorted villains of Brockton Bay into an alliance that heavily weakened the ABB and left Lung with a lot less support. Then, he pulled the carpet out from under the Nazis, metaphorically speaking, leaving a power vacuum of competent villains that he could step into. Here, there's a gang war that's weakening the ABB, and Coil presumably already has his Medhall facts ready to go. If the ABB loses all its capes or is weakened enough that the Protectorate could take them down if they didn't have to focus on the Empire? The E88 is probably going to promptly stop existing.

17. Scope

Ah, maybe move that up to the Uber and Leet segment? It feels very off where it currently is. Just change the tense so that we know it happens later.
    Pffft, questers thinking? Maybe with pre-made options.
    Oh, I thought you meant it was already leaked and that we were currently clueless about it.

18. siflux

siflux Lurker

It's at the end because I'm honestly not sure who leaked it. It's in Tt's nature, but she doesn't strike me as a 4chan gal. U&L don't have the pic, only you do. Dragon, perhaps?

Yeah, Dragon intercepts all data transmissions and totally posted the pic on /v/. It's that or a Zizzard did it (It's totally Ziz's fault).

19. Minion #Q

Minion #Q Well worn.

Should you tell anyone about your powers yet? (Optional, non-urgent, any number of sub-votes allowed. I just want to understand want the thread wants here).

-[X] Leet and Uber are friends we don't want them to think that were just using them, to pick up tinkertech copies
    [X] Yes, you think it would be useful for some people to know:
    -[ ] Dad deserves to know the risks you’re taking.
    -[X] Uber and Leet could work with your powers if they knew. Plus, then you could be a proper partner.

Next Day’s Day Plan (Two votes, up to two more if you cannibalize morning study or evening patrol):

[X] Spend time with Uber and Leet
    [X] Meet up with AllSeeingEye

right now were in the position of not being useful because we're leaching off leet, we can see how they act when the person doesn't have anything they want.
    Uber and Leet passed other people haven't yet.
    I don't want to tell Danny until after we've established ourselves as a vigilate and he's met uber and leet as people rather then just capes. So his first reaction isn't you beat up hookers.

20. Scope

I meant it's placement at the end of the patrol, directly after beating up some thugs makes it seem like some one took a picture of that instead of it being a picture of the group pic to Lisa.

The picture itself is pretty harmless. Other than making it seem like U&L got a new member, I guess. It's not like there was any personal details, right?
    Could be Coil. This could be a message to her specifically that he is keeping an eye on her attempts to get free from his control.
    And then there is people who just want to meet up with her without taking any precautions. Can we at least add to our costume selection that doesn't leave us drained of prana so we have something we can wear in public without causing too much of a scene? I would prefer an actual costume, but at least this much, please.

Unless you specifically want Coil shenanigan in our private life, then sure. Go ahead.

21. CKirk

CKirk Praetor of New Phyrexia

-[X] Uber and Leet could work with your powers if they knew. Plus, then you could be a proper partner.
    -[X] Dad deserves to know the risks you’re taking.

-[X] Make sure to have a non-traced costume, and be cautious about it. It's possible that she's leading us into a trap, but the best way to handle that is to spring the trap while prepared for it.

22. Prince Charon

Prince Charon Just zis guy, you know?

-[X] Make sure to have a non-traced costume, and be cautious about it. It's possible that she's leading us into a trap, but the best way to handle that is to spring the trap while prepared for it.

23. BBJimmy

BBJimmy Making the rounds.

X] Yes, you think it would be useful for some people to know:

KinKrow likes this.
  24. Minion #Q

Minion #Q Well worn.

or you could acknowledge that as a teenage girl we have clothes that can act concealing if we need them to, without them specifically being in the inventory. That a rushed costume would look terrible and stop us from actually talking to said person in public, because she won't be. If were a cape the Samus suit is our costume, it's also the thing we are most likely to manifest if there is a problem. That going wearing civilian clothes even if we use something like a scarf sends a different message then a costume.

Finally coil does not care about Uber and Leet or us, and this is the worst way to get his information.
    if he needs to know something he can use a throwaway timeline to hire them, like he did in canon and get information about us that way.

25. subsider34

subsider34 Versed in the lewd.

-[X] Kid Win and Vista deserve to know that you actually have powers. Maybe some of the other Wards or the Protectorate too.

[X] Other
    -[X] You really need to train. Getting detected by Lung earlier showed you that stalking super-villains carries certain risks you are unprepared for.

26. DJK

DJK Making the rounds.

[X] No, not yet. Surprise is too valuable to give up.
    -[X] What would cause you to want to tell people? A closer/stronger relationship with one of the heros of the city who we could trust to have our backs and not spread the knowledge further than we'd like

At the moment if we tell any of the wards we have powers they will tell their bosses and it will become common knowledge to everyone else far to quickly with both Coil and the E88 having spies in the PRT. While I don't hate Danny I'm usually happier to see less of him in quests as he can eat up so much time and votes. Uber and Leet are alright but I'd like to wait and see if they worth more than hanging out with and getting some cool gear.

I know meeting up with Lisa risks coil learning about us, but that will always be at risk and it gives us a chance to start getting her on our side which we really want for helping deal with Coil and the sooner we can get him dealt with the better in my opinion.

Scope likes this.
  27. Scope

Do you even Worm? Grey hoodies and baggy pants do not into a disguise. Nor do we have a spider silk costume that canon Taylor has at the start of canon. Guess what her wardrobe looked like then? All hoodies and baggy pants. Anything she wouldn't have, she does not have unless we vote for it.
    A rush job costume is still less eye catching than a full on powersuit. That said, priority is disguising Taylor's appearance and identity rather than it being an actual costume.

You don't even specify wearing a scarf, so don't expect Taylor to as well. Though maybe siflux is benevolent enough to take comments into account. Dunno.
    Of course he doesn't. What he does have a vested interest in is Tattletale. Who is meeting Taylor. You get his attention because you are a person of interest to Lisa.

Just because he hires Uber and Leet in his throw away timeline doesn't mean he would manage to hire Taylor. Or that Uber and Leet would sell us out if we are actually a part of their group.
    What risks? Train what? Sensory? Stealth? How are you training?

Though, given what I have seen so far, questors here are adverse to write-ins, let alone one geared towards self improvement by either using abilities to get familiar with them or learning new techniques or ever voting for a premade option by the gm involving magic practice of some kind unless it has been delivered on a silver platter. No one will even say why.

28. Minion #Q

Minion #Q Well worn.

you know what I don't even care, coil wouldn't care about a normal girl that Lisa talks to at a cafe. She talks to a lot of people and he's a very busy snake. Showing up in costume would be something he would notice because It states you are either a cape or you have something to hide. If you honestly think wearing a costume could stop him from finding out who we are, I would point you to the empire. The best way to avoid coil is to make him decide he doesn't need to look into things.

I cited him hiring Uber and Leet in canon, because it shows that he already has a potential source of information better then tattletale already available. After all his power means that if he acts as fanon coil he can know who we are a couple of hours after our first video. If he doesn't then why do you think he can get better information from a thinker who hates his guts then the people that the target is working with.

edit i'm going to bed

29. Scope

Obviously he doesn't care. That's why a picture that we sent to her privately is all over the net.
    The GM would never throw a red herring. There is no possible way that there is even a fraction of a chance that Coil could be involved. Eliminate him entirely from the list a suspects. /sarcasm
    There is this thing called delegation. Where you have some of your expendable resources keep an eye out for things. You know that thing he has to do a lot to keep his operations working?
    We do have things to hide. Not hiding them does not make them hidden. This is not something where hiding in audacity works.
    Yes. Because that requires moles in an organization that is pretty fucking easy to find and infiltrate.
    You know what the best way to avoid Coil's notice then? Not meeting with Tattletale. You don't get to have your cake and eat it too.
    Uber and Leet in canon were failures that were doing anything for views and money. Yes, he has alternate potential sources of information. Remove the circumstance required for them to need Coil, then that potential source of information is gone.

Know where the majority of his information comes from though? Plants in other organizations.
    This fanon Coil you brought up feels like a loaded question. There is no right way to answer this.
    I'll give it a shot. Just because you think you are fucked, doesn't mean you should just bend over and take it.
    Because Tattletale doesn't know about his powers and wants to live. Just because he doesn't twirl his mustache while raping and/or torturing one of his minions at random doesn't mean that he would never hardball/interrogate during what he believes is a safe period in an expendable timeline.

Why else would he have a Thinker he recruited at gunpoint? Do you think he honestly believes that Tattletale would never stab him in the back if given the opportunity? He was under the belief he could keep her under control and that she would either be drugged or killed once she was no longer useful. Which is pretty much when he rules over Brockton Bay legitimately and from the shadows.

30. siflux

siflux Lurker

Point of order: Unless the thread votes otherwise, you'd be going as 'civilian girl who was forced to be on the Uber & Leet show', not 'up and coming new hero'. Going in costume, regardless of what the costume is, would reveal that you have something to hide. Of course, you just proved you have regular access to the armor anyway...

I do take comments into account, as they explain the intent of the thread in their voting. If I already knew what Taylor was going to do without asking, I'd have written this as non-interactive fiction. And I actually tried that first for this one, and ended up restarting it as a quest instead because I almost immediately dead-ended. That attempt started with going to school and very rapidly turned into accidentally discovering Sophia's corona gemma. I like the Uber and Leet bent much better.

Coil is like a wizard: he can deal with anything if he has time to prepare. His power lets him learn twice as much in a day and to take serious risks that probably won't pan out but will likely be informative failures. It's also a force multiplier for other thinker powers, getting past the thinker headache issues. That's it. He still has limited time. He's not going to learn about random civvies without a reason. Like joint patrols and a budding friendship with the wards.
    Conservation of Detail, yeah. I use invisible text for facts that are true but aren't necessarily important or immediately relevant to the story, like the date stamp at the bottom of each post.

Here, too. It's just that they're people, not caricatures, and as such have lines they won't cross. Also, you were their biggest source of views and revenue in a very long time, and they're hoping to make that lightning strike twice. You don't kill the goose who lays the golden eggs.