1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Brag about yourself thread.

Discussion in 'General' started by Charles Markov, May 23, 2019.

1. Charles Markov

Charles Markov Getting sticky.

Have you ever done something you were really proud of, only no one was there to brag to? Well this is the thread for you, feel free to post about something really cool you did. It can be serious and important like you graduated college, had a baby, bought a house. Or it can be really silly like you beat that one video game boss or finally found out what was making that one weird noise in your car. Really anything.
    The only rules are that you have to acknowledge the post above yours in some way, congratulate them, give some kind of comment about it, share an experience related to that. Anyway, if this seems like something you are into then post away!

2. Badass6969

Badass6969 Well worn.

I’m a lazy unmotivated dick who mostly just reads books and comics and manga, plays videogames, listens to movies and so on and acts like a douche every now and then

But unlike the rest of my family I have absolutely no false pride or belief in myself as being better or overestimating myself

3. magic9mushroom

magic9mushroom BEST END.

Well, at least you're aware of your mediocrity.

Nobody actually replied to it, but this profile post was me bragging about beating X-Com: Terror from the Deep on Superhuman difficulty. With Iron-Man rules and without exploiting game bugs (I did use psi, which is known to be OP, but it's an intentional game mechanic and I got fucking screwed by the total lack of Calcinites so it was that or a very long struggle with no end in sight as a colony mission without either psi or drills is fucking suicide and there's no other guaranteed way to access T'leth). I did have several missions go south, although IIRC I never lost the Triton and I definitely never had a negative-score month (my first encounter with Tasoths - on a ship terror site - got my arse handed to me, but I managed to retreat; one terror mission resulted in all my men being killed, but my trusty Coelacanth/Gas Cannon managed to hunt down the last few aliens, including killing an alien hiding in a building by blasting the wall away; when Lobster Men started showing up in serious numbers I had very heavy losses, to the point of the cost of the lost armour suits being unsustainable and thus my victories being Pyrrhic; my first Artefact Site I just showed up, bonked a Tasoth over the head, grabbed him (as a research requirement) and booked it without even trying for the actual mission objectives).

I have beaten I Wanna Be The Guy, though only on Medium.

wasprider and Charles Markov like this.
  4. John_Oakman

John_Oakman Come touch my hentai machine

Congrats on accomplishing that.

-------------------------------------------------

As for me. Well, I finally decided to blow some money on certain NSFW stuff (commissioning someone to translate some hentai manga). This may not sound like much but I finally become comfortable enough to start spending my own money in the way I wanted to rather than attempting to follow unrealistic social expectations.

Of course not everything worked as intended...
    ... but that's another story for another day.

I think the final straw was the state of the economy in the past couple of month, when I invested [an undisclosed amount, don't want to appear to brag] money into a long term brokerage account. Not because I'm thinking about my retirement or anything like that. No, it was because society keep on telling us millennial generation that we should be responsible with our money, that we should not frivolously spend on money on stupid shit.

Well guess what happened right after I dropped in the money? Of course the economy took a nosedive, as the supposed social elders and betters act like bratty children (if you want to discuss recent economic events, talk to me on FIC, this ain't the place for it). Well, screw social expectations, as long as the older generation refuse to lead by example, I sure as hell ain't gonna follow their expectations.

I guess this is more me venting than anything else, but it's be years, years of denying myself and doing things because society expects it, even when it backfires every single time, and not a damn acknowledgement all those years.

Well, that's that.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2019
    Nawaf likes this.