1. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice

[BtVS] Harmony Quest

Discussion in 'Questing' started by Biigoh, Apr 15, 2013.

Loading...
  1. Redon

    Redon the baka nerbie

    Joined:
    Feb 19, 2013
    Messages:
    1,230
    Likes Received:
    298
    [X] Go out of Willy's and head to the Bronze?
     
  2. Happerry

    Happerry The Song to the Flame

    Joined:
    Feb 20, 2013
    Messages:
    3,256
    Likes Received:
    3,202
    [X] Go back to the library and wait for Giles while using the satellite and Victoria to look for Buffy?
     
  3. Biigoh

    Biigoh Moderator

    Joined:
    Feb 19, 2013
    Messages:
    20,186
    Likes Received:
    57,547
    Tally

    [X] Check in on Victoria to see if the satellite has spotted anything?
    QQ - hunter09
    SB - Chargone, spidermounky92k

    [X] Go out of Willy's and head to the Bronze?
    QQ - Carrnage, Redon
    SB - FriedIce, Koden, Scya

    [X] Go back to the library and wait for Giles while using the satellite and Victoria to look for Buffy?
    QQ - Happerry
    SB - ZiPeppe

    [X] Go to Ethan's and see how Giles is doing, even if it's hours later since he headed there.
    SB - PhoenixFTW
     
  4. Nekraa

    Nekraa Nekraa Moderator

    Joined:
    Mar 2, 2013
    Messages:
    5,730
    Likes Received:
    18,050
    [X] Go back to the library and wait for Giles while using the satellite and Victoria to look for Buffy?
     
  5. Threadmarks: 14 - Random Encounter
    Biigoh

    Biigoh Moderator

    Joined:
    Feb 19, 2013
    Messages:
    20,186
    Likes Received:
    57,547
    [X] Go out of Willy's and head to the Bronze?
    Harmony Event - 1d100 → [8] = Terrible

    There was nothing to it. You had to frown at the information provided to you. There were few choices available with what you had learned.

    One, this Buffy Summers was... dangerous.

    Two, the locals had a version of Sparks and the science they did. Only they called such magic, and constructs and such were called vampires, demons and so on. It was delightfully quaint, but it was only a naming convention.

    Three, this Buffy Summers was a killer of constructs gone wrong. Perhaps, a runner of blades equivilant. Only gone rogue or at least under the minimal command of the Librarian.

    Four, it was noted that she would frequent this "Bronze" cabaret. And thus, could likely be found there.

    You didn't exactly have much of a choice based on the information. After all, you couldn't just very well go back to the library and claim that you couldn't find this Buffy. Why your companions and peers would mock you for that. Nor could you just rely on Victoria to hunt down Buffy, not when there were gaps in what the clank could see.

    No. It was up to you, to make the best of the situation you found yourself in.

    For were you not [​IMG]?

    You could do this? And so you did. With a nod of appreciation at the snitch barkeeper, you stood up and made your exit with companions, stage left.

    Once outside, you did a quick check with Victoria for any signs of Buffy.

    The response was a maybe, the clank had made some tentative matches to the description of Buffy. However, there were also errors in each tentative matches.

    It was the hand on your shoulder and a quiet hiss that got you looking up from your display unit and stopped your distracted walking. Your man at arms had his rifle ready, while princess Willow had her sword at the ready.

    "Well, well, what have we here?" The man standing before you didn't appear to be deviate too far from human norm. Certainly, he looked scruffy and had a certain air of disrepute around him. There was also the scent carried on the wind as it blew towards you now. Garbage, rotting food and drinks. "It looks like it's time for some exotic food."

    The twitch from the man as he stretched his neck in a manner that you KNEW wasn't normal on a human had you put away your display unit and drawing your pulse pistol.

    This was possibly a rogue construct, or worse... an intelligent revenant.

    Lightning danced over the vitae chambers of your pulse pistol as you set it from its normal and standard stunt form to one that you had seldom call for; kill to death.

    "Perhaps, you should go hunt different prey tonight," you kept your pulse pistol pointed down, and your finger away from the trigger. With your arm relaxed, but ready to move, you wouldn't be easy prey for this... thing.

    It tilted its head at your reply. Far too wide eyes looked at you keenly, and you note with distress... hungrily. "Is that so?"

    Perhaps, it wasn't an intelligent revenant, or some sort of construct, but a human driven to insane heights and augmented.

    - - -

    Harmony Quest /// Random Encounter

    - - -​

    What Do?
    [X] Open up dialogue with that thing? [Write in on conversation starter]
    [X] Strike first and hard. No mercy.
    [X] Introduce yourself to this... thing.
    [X] Write In.
     
  6. Happerry

    Happerry The Song to the Flame

    Joined:
    Feb 20, 2013
    Messages:
    3,256
    Likes Received:
    3,202
    [X] Introduce yourself to this... thing.
     
  7. Carrnage

    Carrnage Well worn.

    Joined:
    Feb 19, 2013
    Messages:
    6,450
    Likes Received:
    8,440
    [X] Strike first and hard. No mercy.
     
  8. Biigoh

    Biigoh Moderator

    Joined:
    Feb 19, 2013
    Messages:
    20,186
    Likes Received:
    57,547
    TALLY

    [X] Open up dialogue with that thing? [Write in on conversation starter]
    QQ -
    SB -

    [X] Strike first and hard. No mercy.
    QQ - Carrnage
    SB - Chargone, FriedIce, spidermounky92k, ZiPeppe, Silver sun 17

    [X] Introduce yourself to this... thing.
    QQ - Happerry, nick012000
    SB -

    [X] Write In.
     
  9. nick012000

    nick012000 Versed in the lewd.

    Joined:
    Feb 26, 2013
    Messages:
    2,408
    Likes Received:
    1,353
    [X] Introduce yourself to this... thing.

    Is this Spike? LOL.
     
  10. Threadmarks: 15 - Bug
    Biigoh

    Biigoh Moderator

    Joined:
    Feb 19, 2013
    Messages:
    20,186
    Likes Received:
    57,547
    [X] Strike first and hard. No mercy.
    Harmony Event - 1d100 → [4] = Terrible

    Given what you knew of rogue constructs, of the monsters that men could create and become, was it any surprise the way you responded?

    This... thing from what you could infer in its look had unwholesome and what some might consider unnatural hungers. And as it twitched and stepped forward and closer to you, your keen sight noted the way it moved its leg, its stance and the stiffness of its limbs.

    This... this was no human, and from the way your good corporal chambered a round into his weapon and kept it trained on that thing, he too had seen it for what it was.

    "I would suggest you go away and look for easier prey elsewhere," You called out, the Vitae Capacitors of your pulse pistol spun faster as you slipped a finger on to the trigger while the scent of ozone hung heavy around it and you.

    "Is th... that so?" There was another jerking motion of a step forwards by that thing.

    You knew better than to let something dangerous close to you, your arm snapped up and the air filled with the whining hiss of your pulse pistol discharging.

    By your side, there is the staccato roar of the rifle of corporal Harris. The scent of cordite and ozone hung around the two of you as founds of solid matter and energetic plasma pulses struck home, flesh and ichor tore from the thing as it fell back.

    The impact from your combined weapons were sufficient to throw the body of that thing backwards and on to the street.

    Arcs of electricity danced over the twitching form as you eyed it carefully. There was a hint of movement from your side and you find the corporal keeping the princess from approaching the fallen body to determine if it had died.

    "Ma'am, it's not safe to go near corpses until we can confirm it's truly dead," There was a certain hardness in his eyes as if he spoke with great experience of not going near fallen enemies until it was confirmed that they were dead.

    A precaution that you had to agree with, and which found vindication as the corpse twitched before arms armored in dark slick chitin burst their way out of the fallen figure.

    The thing that pulled itself free of the fallen "human" figure had you nodding. It was a construct within a human skinsuit. The thing was a giant insectile creature with a pseudo-exoskeleton, a dark slick and slimy chitin shell that resembled a cockroach. What worried you was its maw with the rather large and sharp fangs.


    [​IMG]
    Sauce is MiB Wiki

    - - -
    Harmony Quest /// Bug
    - - -

    What Do?
    [X] Stand your ground and keep shooting.
    - - [X] Keep shooting and try to hit something vital? A tricky proposition given insect robustness.
    - - [X] Target the limbs to slow it down. Also tricky given you are uncertain how fast it moves.
    - - [X] Target its eyes. Another tricky shot.
    - - [X] Ask your companions if they have any ideas, because now would be a good time for such.
    [X] Run away, or a tactical fall back!
    [X] Write In.

    Writer's notes
    Spent 28 shots thus far of lethal shots.

    Resources / Equipment :
    Zenith Aetheric Pulse Pistol (in layman's term, a Z.A.P. gun for ladies)
    - Current Charge (100% Ionization Charge x 6 Vitae Capacitors)
    - Settings : Incapacitate Pulse (1170/1200 shots) / Modified Lethal Pulse (572/600 shots)
    - Maximum Range : 1 Imperial League
     
  11. Happerry

    Happerry The Song to the Flame

    Joined:
    Feb 20, 2013
    Messages:
    3,256
    Likes Received:
    3,202
    [X] Stand your ground and keep shooting.
    - - [X] Ask your companions if they have any ideas, because now would be a good time for such.
     
  12. Biigoh

    Biigoh Moderator

    Joined:
    Feb 19, 2013
    Messages:
    20,186
    Likes Received:
    57,547
    snipped
     
  13. Biigoh

    Biigoh Moderator

    Joined:
    Feb 19, 2013
    Messages:
    20,186
    Likes Received:
    57,547
    And yes, MiB came out in the year 1997~
     
  14. R.A.G.

    R.A.G. Versed in the lewd.

    Joined:
    Feb 26, 2013
    Messages:
    2,406
    Likes Received:
    3,321
    [X] Stand your ground and keep shooting.
    - - [X] Target its eyes. Another tricky shot.
     
  15. ZurigaSungama

    ZurigaSungama "Want you, cuckoo, cannonball!"

    Joined:
    Jun 9, 2013
    Messages:
    229
    Likes Received:
    2,003
    [X] Stand your ground and keep shooting.
    - - [X] Aim for the mouth.

    He wants to eat us? Let him eat plasma instead.
     
  16. Biigoh

    Biigoh Moderator

    Joined:
    Feb 19, 2013
    Messages:
    20,186
    Likes Received:
    57,547
    snipped
     
  17. Redon

    Redon the baka nerbie

    Joined:
    Feb 19, 2013
    Messages:
    1,230
    Likes Received:
    298
    [X] Ask your companions if they have any ideas, because now would be a good time for such.
     
  18. Vindictus

    Vindictus Experienced.

    Joined:
    Feb 19, 2013
    Messages:
    3,844
    Likes Received:
    4,196
    [X] ROACH! Killitkillitkillit-
     
  19. MrGazzer

    MrGazzer Wabbit

    Joined:
    Mar 3, 2013
    Messages:
    1,061
    Likes Received:
    1,183
    [X] ROACH! Killitkillitkillit-
     
  20. Biigoh

    Biigoh Moderator

    Joined:
    Feb 19, 2013
    Messages:
    20,186
    Likes Received:
    57,547
    Tally
    Stand your ground and keep shooting.
    [X] Keep shooting and try to hit something vital? A tricky proposition given insect robustness.
    QQ -
    SB -
    [X] Target the limbs to slow it down. Also tricky given you are uncertain how fast it moves.
    QQ -
    SB -
    [X] Target its eyes. Another tricky shot.
    QQ - R.A.G.
    SB -
    [X] Ask your companions if they have any ideas, because now would be a good time for such.
    QQ - Happerry, Redon
    SB - Lunatic350

    Run away, or a tactical fall back!
    QQ -
    SB -
    Write In.
    QQ -
    SB - Chargone, PhoenixFTW
    [X] Plan Chargone
    [X] actually, bugs kinda explode if subjected to high preasure... do we have any way of crushing it? Or super-heating it? Very little survives having all it's internal fluids flash-boiled.... enough electricity all at once should do it...

    QQ - ZurigaSungama
    SB - spidermounky92k
    [X] Plan ZurigaSungama
    [X] Stand your ground and keep shooting.
    - - [X] Aim for the mouth.
    - - He wants to eat us? Let him eat plasma instead.

    QQ - Vindictus, MrGazzer
    SB -
    [X] Plan Vindictus
    [X] ROACH! Killitkillitkillit-

    QQ -
    SB - ZiPeppe
    [X] Plan ZiPeppe
    [X] Aim for the head/mouth.
    - - [X]Get ready to dodge or run after the first shot.
     
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2014
  21. Earth-Destroyer

    Earth-Destroyer I trust you know where the happy button is?

    Joined:
    Feb 19, 2013
    Messages:
    654
    Likes Received:
    384
    [X] actually, bugs kinda explode if subjected to high preasure... do we have any way of crushing it? Or super-heating it? Very little survives having all it's internal fluids flash-boiled.... enough electricity all at once should do it...
     
  22. Threadmarks: 16 - The Bronze
    Biigoh

    Biigoh Moderator

    Joined:
    Feb 19, 2013
    Messages:
    20,186
    Likes Received:
    57,547
    Stand your ground and keep shooting.
    Harmony Event - 1d100 → [11] = Success?!?!

    No matter where you go, there are certain things that strive a repulsive chord in human females. Or not so human females in Princess Willow's case.

    One of them being slimy, disgusting bugs like cockroaches and assorted other... bugs.

    Like what stood before you.

    It might have been a relief to be able to see what you were fighting, but the revulsion within you at the sight of that insectile Thing wasn't going to stop you or even slow you down. No, it in fact made you shoot FASTER and HARDER at it!

    Your man at arms beside you proved to be stout, loyal and in a word sharp of wits, as he too filled the air with the roar of his rifle discharging a surprising number of metal rounds at the bug without thought of conserving ammunition.

    You would need to speak to him about this later. Not that you fault him for liberal usage of rounds on that Bug. It was a disgusting and gross bug that was also slimy.

    Eeeewwww. Thankfully, you didn't need a man or anyone to squish it for you! You were a woman of the new age, and armed with a pulse pistol modified to shoot lethal shots of plasma.

    The Bug, however, to be more resilient than expected and thus could and did withstand a surprising amount of damage done to it by you and corporal Harris.

    Still, science and physics triumphed over base biology and it collapsed.

    Taking no chances, you made sure to snip off its twitching limbs with well placed shots before making your way pass it.

    Continuing on, you eventually reach the Bronze. Which despite its notation of a hours of operation up to one in the morning, was still open. With neon lights outside, and what sounded like a fist fight within.



    - - -
    Harmony Quest /// The Bronze
    - - -


    What Do?
    [X] Go in nice and easy, and see about having Princess Willow and Corporal Harris sneaking in
    [X] Charge in, full tilt and be prepare to shoot away~
    [X] Write In

    Writer's notes
    Spent 45 lethal shots total on the Bug. Currently reset to Incapacitate.

    Resources / Equipment :
    Zenith Aetheric Pulse Pistol (in layman's term, a Z.A.P. gun for ladies)
    - Current Charge (100% Ionization Charge x 6 Vitae Capacitors)
    - Settings : Incapacitate Pulse (1170/1200 shots) / Modified Lethal Pulse (555/600 shots)
    - Maximum Range : 1 Imperial League
     
  23. ward201

    ward201 Un-Known Member

    Joined:
    May 16, 2013
    Messages:
    241
    Likes Received:
    156
    [X] Go in nice and easy, and see about having Princess Willow and Corporal Harris sneaking in

    picky word choice bullshit
    blobs of plasma
    Pulses of plasma
    barely contained plasma charge
    bolts of plasma

    sorry but this popped out at me for some reason
     
  24. R.A.G.

    R.A.G. Versed in the lewd.

    Joined:
    Feb 26, 2013
    Messages:
    2,406
    Likes Received:
    3,321
    [X] Go in nice and easy, and see about having Princess Willow and Corporal Harris sneaking in
     
  25. Threadmarks: 17 - Police Girl
    Biigoh

    Biigoh Moderator

    Joined:
    Feb 19, 2013
    Messages:
    20,186
    Likes Received:
    57,547
    [X] Go in nice and easy, and see about having Princess Willow and Corporal Harris sneaking in

    It didn't take much to determine that there was a back door into the Bronze, what with it being a converted warehouse. Naturally, said back door led into the kitchen.

    It didn't take much effort for you to jimmy the locks on it. It was almost magical how easy it was, no deadly poison needle trap, no gatling cannon arrays, no amusing crushing plates... there wasn't even a flame thrower to give you a warm welcome.

    In a way, it was also disappointing. Still, with the doors jimmied open, your companions had a way in while you walked in bold as brass.

    In the front door.

    Without a single care, you walked in. With weapon in easy reach of your hand, you projected an aura of nonchalance. The perfect gentle lady taking a stroll in a park or entering a tea salon.

    You walked not into a battlefield, but a brawl. A vulgar occurrence, all in all.

    How disappointing, still, you suppose this was somewhat to be expected. What with it being a nightclub mentioned derogatorily by the snitch, Willy, and frequented by the type of people with colorful names such as 'slayer', you shouldn't be too surprised at there being a low class barfight. Why, if one didn't know any better, they might even have assumed that this was an Irish bar or even a bar after the Mechanicsburg fashion or some such.

    Well... it appeared you had managed to catch the tail end of a barfight between constructs, humans and possibly even some of the so-called vampires and demons with but a lone victor. After all, she who is left standing is the winner, right?

    "That'll show you," the blonde construct in the yellow tan uniform spat blood to the side as she kicked her opponent away from her where he had fallen.

    At least, you assumed she was a construct what with her crimson eyes and fangs in mouth and the inhuman strength that she had demonstrated with the elbow drop that had shattered a table shortly after you entered the nightclub.

    Comparing the image you had of this "Buffy Summers", it was... possible that this was her, but she had a far larger set of... talents than the girl in the picture.

    You nod at her as she staggered to the bar and settled down there. "Whacha want?"

    How delightful, a lower class london accent.

    Also, she was aggressive. But not overtly so as suggested by what you had inferred from the records and speaking to Willy. Still, it WAS possible that she had been altered or transferred as the children had been.

    Offering her a hand, you smiled. "[​IMG] at your service."

    "Seras Victoria," She warily shook your hand. Blinking, her eyes returned to a lovely shade of blue. Oh, this was adorable, that she was designed to signal if she was in combat mode or not.

    A shake of head and she seemed more... confused or was that bemused.


    - - -
    Harmony Quest /// Police Girl
    - - -


    What Do?
    [X] Introduce yourself fully, and conscript this lost police girl.
    [X] Call in your companions before proper introductions, and conscripting the police girl.
    [X] Gush over how adorable her design was...
    [X] Write In.
     
  26. Biigoh

    Biigoh Moderator

    Joined:
    Feb 19, 2013
    Messages:
    20,186
    Likes Received:
    57,547
    Tally
    [X] Introduce yourself fully, and conscript this lost police girl.
    SB -
    [X] Call in your companions before proper introductions, and conscripting the police girl.
    SB - Chargone, horus
    QQ - Happerry
    [X] Gush over how adorable her design was...
    SB - Lunatic350, Koden, lostmagic564, Scya
    QQ - Carrnage, Pipeman, ward201, Ct613hulu
    [X] Write In.
    SB - spidermounky92k
    Plan spidermounky92k
    [X] Call in your companions before proper introductions, and conscripting the police girl.
    [X] Gush over how adorable her design is.
     
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2014
  27. Carrnage

    Carrnage Well worn.

    Joined:
    Feb 19, 2013
    Messages:
    6,450
    Likes Received:
    8,440
    [X] Gush over how adorable her design was...
     
  28. Happerry

    Happerry The Song to the Flame

    Joined:
    Feb 20, 2013
    Messages:
    3,256
    Likes Received:
    3,202
    [X] Call in your companions before proper introductions, and conscripting the police girl.
     
  29. Pipeman

    Pipeman Well worn.

    Joined:
    Feb 19, 2013
    Messages:
    5,808
    Likes Received:
    5,862
    [X] Gush over how adorable her design was...
     
  30. ward201

    ward201 Un-Known Member

    Joined:
    May 16, 2013
    Messages:
    241
    Likes Received:
    156
    [X] Gush over how adorable her design was...
     
Loading...