• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Cosmos Quest (Naruto/Lupin III)

uju32 said:
Okay, I'm back.
Checked the anime to confirm: Kankuro was not called on using his puppet as a proctor.
Only by the other proctors. Ibiki commented on it when he came back for the tenth question, but didn't penalize him more than two points for it.

uju32 said:
So infiltrating a summon as a proctor should be possible; just not Menka, because the sensors in the hall will be able to tell the difference.
I don't remember anyone suggesting that Menka should do it; isn't Hymn's plan for Ino to switch?

uju32 said:
[X]Shenanigans
Don't henge Ino as a proctor; there are sensors here.
And you'll note that none of them are among the chuunin proctors.

Hymn of Ragnarok said:
That a Henge is easily dispelled, that we can't maintain a Henge and cast genjutsu at the same time, that a sensor will notice the chakra in use, or that our acting isn't good enough to fool the proctors/Ibiki and they won't sit calmly when they find out? I doubt the last one or you wouldn't say it's a good option.

Although come to think of it, leaving our victim a note where we hide them for when they wake up or are found sounds entertaining. Or is hiding them the problem?

Or is the problem, "We don't know our victim's name and impersonating him/her to their peers after the fact will be difficult?"
Anko had her own set of proctors. She didn't use the same ones from the first test.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hymn of Ragnarok said:
I'm curious how you plan on pulling that off without using genjutsu or Throw Voice subtly. Or revealing any advantages, since you don't want to do that either.
Seriously, I am not sure why you take such issue with this stuff.
Furiko cleared most of my misgivings in that regard; I was playing this as a ninja movie, not a caper film.
So carry on.
FurikoMaru said:
Of the around-six in the room right now, two are you and Menka, one is either a sensor or just a guy with solid instincts, from the way he was almost right next to Gaara before he started looking uneasy and moved away, one is a nervous-looking older teen who you don't think has looked up from his paper since the exam started, and two are on the Sound team.
OC, Kabuto, and the Sound 3?
What headbands are the other non-Sound wearing?

Guile said:
If nothing else, Ibiki thinks boldness is pretty critical. His whole test is designed to weed out the cowards as well as the ones incompetent at cheating.

I guess it's too late to genjutsu-change the content of other people's tests to make them think there's a third layer to the test at the same time we help Ami. Have the test papers tell the Rock guys that the real way to pass the test is to sabotage the Lightning representatives, and so on.

....Goddamn that is a good idea. A risky one, but Z-Slash. And tricking everyone into getting each other disqualified....

What a thing of beauty. I'm jealous that I never thought of it.

Maybe it's not too late. How can we trick the examinees into thinking they're trying to sabotage others? We've got ourselves with genjutsu and Throw Voice. Maybe the rest of Konoha can pitch in somehow and if we're in the proctor's seat, we use our authority to call out the cheaters?

Can't be TOO relentless in doing so, Ibiki will probably call us out if we do, but if convince them to screw up enough they'll do the work themselves.

You know if this were our game plan I could probably live without hijacking a proctor, but I'd really like to be in position to snatch spare scrolls if we can....

uju, I don't think any of our summons can fake voices and act as well as we can. It's a thought to be sure, and I suppose not having to clock someone over the head with Menka is a plus, but I still want to be in position to nab the Heaven and Earth scrolls later.

Also, not sure Ririka, a kitten, has the chutzpah to do something as nerve wracking as be a proctor. Menka, maybe. And if we're going to seriously worry about sensors in that way, them sensing our summoning is on the table.

Another note: Karin was in the exam in canon, and she'd have noticed them too. Incidentally I do not believe Karin is here right now....but it's not giving much more away than Kankuro and his puppet. I think we'd still be fairly good.

Still, if Furiko says it can be done and we can reasonably hope to pull it off, I'm amendable. As you say, caper film. Be Ocean's Eleven.

Ah, balls, Anko's proctors. Well....we can still try and infiltrate them. How can we go from genin or proctor to one of Anko's proctors or otherwise tail her proctors and nab her goods?

FurikoMaru said:
Only by the other proctors. Ibiki commented on it when he came back for the tenth question, but didn't penalize him more than two points for it.
Missed that.
Need to rewatch that.

FurikoMaru said:
I don't remember anyone suggesting that Menka should do it; isn't Hymn's plan for Ino to switch?
Both chakra signatures have been associated with their appearance.
If a proctor shows up with Ino's signature....

FurikoMaru said:
And you'll note that none of them are among the chuunin proctors.
Would we notice if they were?
They are chuunin after all; experience has gotta be good for something.

I should also note that if a sensor can tell the difference between Ino's chakra and the proctor, they'll tell the difference between Ririka's chakra and the proctor. So yeah, the sensors are probably gonna notice unless their range just happens to not overlap us. I hope they don't, but am willing to accept them noticing as collateral. Ideally I'd like them to mistake our masked disguise for a good Henge. The Hyuugas too.

Hmm....okay, on getting one of Anko's proctors. If Ino is still in proctor disguise, Menka is NOT posing as Ino but Ririka is, then Ino and Menka can coordinate to try and quickly, silently take out of one Anko's proctors and take their place.

We've got the speed for it, for sure. Poisons would have made it a lot easier, but maybe with clever use of genjutsu or something we could take one real fast? MAYBE. Doing this on the run would be a lot harder.

Hum....okay, can we get another ally with us in the caper? Hinata or Neji to help us disable a proctor, hide them, take their place, and bring in the scrolls? How much time we got between exams to pull this off?

EDIT: Actually.....we have Throne. And while our army of Sasuke's probably isn't going to be kicking the tar out of a chunin, we only need to look at people to make them start sucking down Yin chakra. If we can do it fast enough we might soften them up enough to take them down without a fuss.

uju32 said:
So carry on.OC, Kabuto, and the Sound 3?
Yes, no, and not the way you're thinking.

uju32 said:
What headbands are the other non-Sound wearing?
The nervous guy is a Kusa-nin. The guy who went full NOPE upon getting within two feet of Gaara has a Taki headband.

uju32 said:
And her rules are different, aren't they?
Yep! She has no fucks to give when it comes to teenagers murdering each other.

Hymn of Ragnarok said:
You know if this were our game plan I could probably live without hijacking a proctor, but I'd really like to be in position to snatch spare scrolls if we can....
I guess it doesn't count as a spoiler if it's canon.

uju32 said:
Missed that.
Need to rewatch that.
Maybe it's different in the anime, but in the manga Ibiki makes a dry remark about the use of Karasu, but doesn't kick Kankuro out.

uju32 said:
Both chakra signatures have been associated with their appearance.
If a proctor shows up with Ino's signature....
You think a sensor would want to call attention to the fact that they're a sensor in an exam that's probably going to have to have a war games component to it?

uju32 said:
Would we notice if they were?
They are chuunin after all; experience has gotta be good for something.
You wouldn't notice, but it doesn't matter. One instance of cheating is one instance of cheating; if they notice, you drop down from ten points to eight. Big deal.

Hymn of Ragnarok said:
I should also note that if a sensor can tell the difference between Ino's chakra and the proctor, they'll tell the difference between Ririka's chakra and the proctor. So yeah, the sensors are probably gonna notice unless their range just happens to not overlap us. I hope they don't, but am willing to accept them noticing as collateral. Ideally I'd like them to mistake our masked disguise for a good Henge. The Hyuugas too.
Most sensors aren't you, to be frank. Inoichi is both a jounin who specializes in the mental arts and the head of the mind-walker clan; you had the best possible training for your talent, in line with the latest theories about sixth-sense development.

Sensors who aren't from sensing clans are trained primarily for range if they're discovered early enough, and they have to fill in the gaps in detail for themselves. That's why Karin's lie-detecting abilities are so rare and useful.

uju32 said:
Hum....okay, can we get another ally with us in the caper? Hinata or Neji to help us disable a proctor, hide them, take their place, and bring in the scrolls? How much time we got between exams to pull this off?
About an hour and a half.

FurikoMaru said:

....Good point. So three proctors. Damn. Stealing the scrolls is likely an option, replacing the proctors will be tougher.

You think a sensor would want to call attention to the fact that they're a sensor in an exam that's probably going to have to have a war games component to it?

Mmm. Good point. They'd likely just keep the information under their hat and distribute it to their team.

I suppose we could try and kill every team with a sensor on it but that's too bloodthirsty for us.

Most sensors aren't you, to be frank. Inoichi is both a jounin who specializes in the mental arts and the head of the mind-walker clan; you had the best possible training for your talent, in line with the latest theories about sixth-sense development.

Sensors who aren't from sensing clans are trained primarily for range if they're discovered early enough, and they have to fill in the gaps in detail for themselves. That's why Karin's lie-detecting abilities are so rare and useful.

...Nice. And we lucked out on the dice rolls for developing it.

Thank you Daddy!

More than enough time to tail someone and steal the stuff while we're doing recon. Okay, less need to be one of Anko's proctors, although it could be nice.

Most of HoR's plan seems good but I would like to say that certain parts are unnecessary. Staying as a proctor into the next exam portion seems to be impossible at this point as there are different proctors so we'll just abandon the disguise once this portion of the exam is over. Let's worry about the next portion once we get that far so for now focus on this portion.

[X] Basically vote to follow HoR's plan but reduce the amount of summons to a minimum and only help Konoha nins if they need the help (whether they make it to the next portion will depend on how the 10th question goes anyway). Also no showing off and keeping as many of our abilities secret from the competition as possible.

Thinking about it, I'd side with Unclouded. Some showing off is good, but let's save the flashier stuff for the climax. Oh, and I think it would be a good idea to help the Konoha teams not just when they can't pass without help, but if we have a low-risk opportunity.

[X] Less summons, more subtlety.

Hymn of Ragnarok said:
Hinata.
We have a history of running heists with the members of Team Shika; we can draw on that.

FurikoMaru said:
Yes, no, and not the way you're thinking.
Huh.
Okay.

FurikoMaru said:
The nervous guy is a Kusa-nin. The guy who went full NOPE upon getting within two feet of Gaara has a Taki headband.
Grass and Waterfall.
I suspect the Waterfall guy may have met a jinch before.

FurikoMaru said:
Yep! She has no fucks to give when it comes to teenagers murdering each other.
Good looking. Assertive. And just a little cruel.
Ino is gonna love her, isn't she?
I think we just got IC justification for a major heist.

FurikoMaru said:
Maybe it's different in the anime, but in the manga Ibiki makes a dry remark about the use of Karasu, but doesn't kick Kankuro out.
Point.
Still, judging from canon, protests are a thing contestants engaged in. And it only takes one....

FurikoMaru said:
You wouldn't notice, but it doesn't matter. One instance of cheating is one instance of cheating; if they notice, you drop down from ten points to eight. Big deal.
Okay.
So basically we're the Laborghini of sensors, surrounded by a whole bunch of Toyotas?
We can deal.

FurikoMaru said:
Okay.

I'm leaning towards saving the summons to pull a heist on Anko's store of scrolls with Team Shika.
Steal some, and replace a bunch with blank scrolls if possible, and bestow our largesse on allies.
And in so doing thinning the opposition in one fell swoop, without depriving the GM of the elements she needs to tell her story.
Now THAT would be a legendary heist.
But would it be at all possible?

Unclouded said:
Most of HoR's plan seems good but I would like to say that certain parts are unnecessary. Staying as a proctor into the next exam portion seems to be impossible at this point as there are different proctors so we'll just abandon the disguise once this portion of the exam is over. Let's worry about the next portion once we get that far so for now focus on this portion.

[X] Basically vote to follow HoR's plan but reduce the amount of summons to a minimum and only help Konoha nins if they need the help (whether they make it to the next portion will depend on how the 10th question goes anyway). Also no showing off and keeping as many of our abilities secret from the competition as possible.

You do realize I already cut Ririka and Cat Summoning out of my plan, right? Even though I like the idea of Menka clubbing saps over the head.

And this 'keep as many abilities secret as possible' would mean be a good ninja drone and not go for the gold in glorious sabotage and chaos. Furiko even said it's IC for us to be over the top and bombastic. I'm not saying give everything we do away, it just feels like the wording contradicts our personality.

I mean really, not sure what your problem is not with my write-in since I think I already covered most of what you want as is. Just having Ino decide what to do at the end as is appropriate for her (and fun for the GM). Not helping out our peeps so readily? If you say so.

Hymn of Ragnarok said:
You do realize I already cut Ririka and Cat Summoning out of my plan, right? Even though I like the idea of Menka clubbing saps over the head.

And this 'keep as many abilities secret as possible' would mean be a good ninja drone and not go for the gold in glorious sabotage and chaos. Furiko even said it's IC for us to be over the top and bombastic. I'm not saying give everything we do away, it just feels like the wording contradicts our personality.

I mean really, not sure what your problem is not with my write-in since I think I already covered most of what you want as is. Just having Ino decide what to do at the end as is appropriate for her (and fun for the GM). Not helping out our peeps so readily? If you say so.

Sorry, I was a bit tired last night when I wrote that and thought we were still planning a few things and wanted to make sure we'd discarded them. I meant help the Konoha ninja within reason without blowing your cover but don't help them if they already have the answers. Also I never had a problem with sabotaging the other teams.

I still think showing off is unnecessary until the climax like the Nobody said as the bigger the audience the grander the outcome. If it's necessary show off a little as long as it's in character to spice things up though. Personally, I'm just worried if we show off too much we'll get a target on our heads from the ringers in the exam. After all no Sasuke in the exam, does that mean Orochimaru is even still there or will plan anything involving another clan head? Also who knows what Garaa's up to.

Unclouded said:
Sorry, I was a bit tired last night when I wrote that and thought we were still planning a few things and wanted to make sure we'd discarded them. I meant help the Konoha ninja within reason without blowing your cover but don't help them if they already have the answers. Also I never had a problem with sabotaging the other teams.

I still think showing off is unnecessary until the climax like the Nobody said as the bigger the audience the grander the outcome. If it's necessary show off a little as long as it's in character to spice things up though. Personally, I'm just worried if we show off too much we'll get a target on our heads from the ringers in the exam. After all no Sasuke in the exam, does that mean Orochimaru is even still there or will plan anything involving another clan head? Also who knows what Garaa's up to.

Boldness is still the point of the exam and relying on meta-knowledge is probably unwise. I can understand the desire to keep cards hidden, but goddamn if we're not gonna use all these awesome abilities then what's the point of having them? Next people will be saying they don't want to use Bringer of Darkness because then Itachi will know we have it.

I think people are not giving style enough credit here, audacity and being awesome is pretty clearly a big selling point for the GM to even write this Quest. She's said it enough times.

Boldness is boldness, but using all the cool abilities at the start is not style. Having said that, I'm kind of confused about who suggested what at this point.

The Nobody said:
Boldness is boldness, but using all the cool abilities at the start is not style. Having said that, I'm kind of confused about who suggested what at this point.

It is when it achieves a purpose, in this case weeding out as many teams as possible. Or just when you're doing something pretty damn awesome. Ibiki reporting to the Hokage/whoever:

"Yamanaka Ino, a genin with an appreciation for infiltration, used the first exam as an opportunity to eliminate as many teams from the running as possible via sabotage such as playing teams against each other, taking a proctor's place, and using her summons and allies to target weak links in teams to eliminate one person and therefore make the entire team fail."

Or hell, if Akamaru can Henge into a good Kiba and Akamaru and Kiba can Henge into Ino, that would still free up Menka to clobber teams over the head. Would that sit with people better? Just need to find a way to make the switch when people are supposed to only leave one at a time.

Yes, it's using stuff. On the other hand? I think it's pretty damn cool to play to the rules of the test in order to eliminate other teams and maximize your own advantage.

But people clearly disagree.

EDIT:

To Furiko:

Can we do a discreet Kawarimi with someone from outside the room? And can Akamaru do a good Henge/imitation of Kiba yet? Because if the two are fast enough, Akamaru becomes Kiba and Akamaru, Kiba is outside the room and becomes Ino, Ino becomes the proctor, and Menka hides to beat the stuffing out of unwary people and knock teams out of the running. Or Kiba needs some big to Kawarimi with, maybe we pull a Kakashi and layer a Henge of Kiba sleeping over the object? Akamaru stays on the desk or shoulder, growls at anyone who gets close to discourage sabotage or cheating (you'll get caught if ya do), et cetera. Just need to make sure no sensors or smart-guys or stray attacks ruin the Henge. Or maybe Bunshin over it, eh.

....Oh MAN that would be the best way to hide the proctor's body ever! And keep the sensors off our backs! The knocked out proctor becomes Kiba's dummy double! Either Kiba switches out directly with the Henged comatose proctor, or Ino switches with Kiba as a Henged Kiba and then with the Henged proctor if that's needed to pull it off, and BLAMMO! A body for the sensors and Hyuuga to see is really there, and a man on the outside picking off teams!

Or find a way for the comatose proctor to be our sleeping body double. Either or.

If we could somehow use genjutsu to fool people into thinking that the KO'd people have really returned, then we could pluck lots of weak links out of the exam. With the downside being....we're knocking the weak ones out of the exam. So we'd better steal some extra scrolls so we don't have to take them from the strong ones.

Still. For gratuitous genjutsu use and relatively low level stuff? We could take out a lot of people this way.

We can even set bait. Use Throw Voice and more genjutsu to plant a rumor that there's answers somewhere in the building but you gotta get out of the class room. So people seem to have the worst bladders ever, going out to hunt for answers and see if they can get past the proctor, when in reality it's us and Menka clobbering people over the head. If we can arrange for us to be the noted 'bathroom proctor' and therefore it be reasonable for it always being us to bring people out, even better. We bait people out, take them out, and replace them with smoke and mirrors.

Oh please oh PLEASE tell me we can hide the body of our proctor in plain sight, right in the class room, it is too awesome not to do if we can! That's some refuge in audacity right there!

EDITED: Although we'd have to find a way to move the body afterwards, for Menka to switch with it such that the body stays hidden while Menka becomes Kiba....

Okay, why would they leave at all? How many times would the "lavatory" trick work reliably; that is, after which visitor would Ibiki disqualify anyone who suddenly wants to exit the room? If that number's under five, there's too little revenue for the effort. If the number is over ten - what are they, preschoolers?

The Nobody said:
Okay, why would they leave at all? How many times would the "lavatory" trick work reliably; that is, after which visitor would Ibiki disqualify anyone who suddenly wants to exit the room? If that number's under five, there's too little revenue for the effort. If the number is over ten - what are they, preschoolers?

I put in an edit on that actually. Start using Throw Voice to spread rumors or the idea that the answers are hidden outside the room. Set bait to make people want to go for it. Or try to think of some other justifiable reason to leave the room. Or convince people to slip or sneak out.

If the Kawarimi trick, the one Kakashi used to fake his death, to get out of the room would really work, and we have some objects for them to switch with if they're clever enough to pull it off, we could clock them over the head as soon as they think they're in the clear.

Drop hints or ideas for them to make them want to get out of the room, or find their own way out, and pick them off when they do and Menka is confident he can take them. So probably no taijutsu monsters or swordsmen since Menka needs to win on the opening strike. With a Z-Slash backing this, I think we have a pretty good shot of pushing our luck just far enough.

EDIT: Also, knocking out five people knocks out five teams because people pass and fail as a team. So I'd say that's a pretty good payoff, especially if you can target the strong teams' weak links reliably.

So if we can actually do this kind of genjutsu and sabotage without getting caught, or at least only getting caught once or twice, in exchange for utterly decimating the exam before the war games even start?

Pretty impressive.

Of course, we may want to leave weak links for the exam for us to rob, in case stealing the scrolls doesn't pan out. On the other hand, if we DO eliminate a lot of scrubs, a few upper teams, and force the monsters to fight each other in the war games while we go for the finish line? Superb victory.

And again, after which "visitor" would Ibiki start penalizing people? Besides, the same Throw Voice could be used to seed try and make the participants sabotage each other - much more cost-effective, just as rumor-starting.

The Nobody said:
And again, after which "visitor" would Ibiki start penalizing people? Besides, the same Throw Voice could be used to seed try and make the participants sabotage each other - much more cost-effective, just as rumor-starting.

Yes, it is. Which is why I say do both. Because why not?

And if Ibiki does decide to start penalizing people and dries them up, oh well. Hopefully we'll have knocked off a few people by then, and every teammate we knock out takes out an entire team.

Hell, maybe we start with rumor-starting, lure people out and knock them out, and then we plant rumors that it's some other team doing the sabotage. Like, I dunno, Mist is doing all this crap. The trap and scam we're running? They did it! But you get the idea. We pick a few people off, when people start getting wise to it, we use that to fuel them sabotaging each other. Thus paranoia ramps up from our actions and spurs them into fighting just as dirty....but to the wrong target.

The cherry on top? We might get the wild cards to show their hands in doing all this.

The real trick here is gonna be making sure all our genjutsu usage doesn't get caught. We can do it from a student's seat or a proctor's. With all this delightful sabotage going on I'm not too picky.

Eh, well. I could argue that it might not be the best idea to turn the Exams into Konoha-and-elites-only contest right from the start, or that pulling off all that would not be completely risk-free (or consequence-free) even with a Z-slash (how many of those are ready to use?).

Instead, I'll just say that, if we do the best of our tricks at the start of the performance, the rest would seem boring in comparison.

I have two Z-Slashes. I could probably pick up a third if I trawled the archives, and Furiko does favor gloriously complicated and elaborate plans.

Also, the best of our tricks? Dude, the tricks we use here are copious genjutsu, henge, kawarimi, and Throw Voice. We also use Menka. For the effect we achieve, we use an amazingly small amount of tricks. We have so much left in our arsenal. And if in our sabotage gets the elites to start showing their stuff, even better.

No, it is not risk-free. Yes, it will have consequences. Point of the exam in boldness, we will pass in flying colors, and if we manage to steal the Heaven and Earth scrolls we can force the elite to weed each other out. It's not like canon didn't turn into Konoha and the elite anyway.

So I think I'm going to add to my plan try to trick the genin into showing their hands in sabotaging each other, and if we CAN pull it off, hide the proctor's body in plain sight and have Menka thinning the herd, and then using that to fan the flames and get them to screw themselves over. We divert the blame from us if we get away clean too, and we can make them paint targets on each other when the second stage does come along.

I think it's a worthy pay-off and goal to shoot for.

EDIT: Although I will admit that sensors who can see what we're doing are gonna be scared shitless of us, as are any other people who notice what we're up to.

... Eh. As long as you know what you're doing.

If you condense your plan into clearly-defined (and preferably short) sentences, I will vote for the parts I agree with. If not, then my preference would be "less flashy, more sneaky, and help out the friends if you can".

Eh. There's too many details that need to be explained, IMO. I'm well aware of 'less is more' and that I'm violating the shit outta that rule.....but frankly I do not have time right now to try and rewrite the whole thing. So I settled for putting in a bit in which I say we are to modify or drop plans that do not mesh or contradict each other with the overall focuses of not getting the boot, keeping Konoha in the game, and not getting busted.

And less flashy, more sneaky? Exactly what do you think my plan is about? Get answers, distribute answers, sabotage competition, don't get caught. And providing many, many ways to accomplish these things and how to tie them together.

EDIT: And yes, make sure we don't give ourselves so much rope to hang ourselves, we don't want someone smart undoing all of our fantastic manipulation to play the game and redirecting everyone's ire towards Konoha. Not till the prelims at least. I'll make a note. I do hope Furiko holds up to letting outrageous stuff like this fly though. If we can't pull some stuff off without getting caught, then considering how blatantly we're cheating and screwing others over we ARE better off playing safe.

But....Furiko says she don't want that, so I'm trying to go all in. I do hope she warns us if we get into, "Eyes are too big for your head" territory though, I am often guilty of that. I'll try and tone it down in attitude if needed.

Whelp. I think I owe a general all around apology at this point. I let myself go power-mad here and more or less went, "Can we do it? DO IT!" Focused on winning and winning in style. Going hardcore like this is apparently not OOC for us, but....yeah. Having taken a step back I can see why people have reservations.

While the headgames are fun, and a Z-Slash makes things go as good as they can, and Furiko favors it, well, she's had a Z-Slash approved action backfire. Poor Guile. So cheating and interfering so much we get caught five times would be bad, and while I ASSUMED we could avoid getting caught....well, perhaps I was too ambitious. Especially in involving Kiba and Menka. Kawarimi's from them are probably gonna be noticed and docked points for. Menka impersonating Ino and Menka is liable to get caught too, even if he takes his best shot. Worth it? Well...depends on how generous Furiko is and how good we all really are.

Main reason I decided to take a step back, aside from trying to keep myself in better check, is remembering that the point of the Chunin Exams is, at the end, supposed to help foster international relations. Do we know that? Well no, I don't think so. But now I'm torn between whether sowing discord and muscling people out of the exams is the on-the-ball attitude they want. Scaring people out with Gaara, well, that's probably fine. Starting feuds to cover our ass in the exam....yeah, okay, maybe not.

And Sand is still supposed to be our ally, so screwing them over should the chance present itself is probably unwise.

So yeah. Thanks to people who were trying to keep me in check. I still think we should be aiming high, but I can admit I may be going too hardcore on this exam. And I say may less out of narcissism and more because I'm not sure which IS the desirable course of action here. From the perspective of the examiners at least.

I mean we are sticking up for Konoha, although enabling Team Office Ladies to get in an exam where we are weeding out the people they have a chance of beating...yeah, okay, shoulda thought of that. We can play with the big boys. Even if we help them get to the prelims they stand a good chance of being slaughtered. They pretty much always did, but we're not making it easier in some regards. In other regards, giving Konoha nin a free pass they don't necessarily deserve might not be wise, Will of Fire or not. Making them get in over their heads is why Sakura dropped out in the first place.

If I get the chance I'll try and take some pruning shears to my plan and make it more legible. If people have some ideas or want to chime in, please do. I hope I have not driven people away by going power-gamer over here, and I'll try to avoid doing it again.

And I'm becoming wordy as fuck even when I'm trying not to be. Yeah, I need to dial this back...

yeah, i just glanced at your plan for a second, and....

summons, using your slashes, replacing a proctor?

No No No!

why the hell are we going all out in the first section?

Remember to KISS.

Keep it simple, stupid.

we don't want to show off any of what we can do, and the proctors will let us get away with a lot without removing points (ten-ten set up a mirror, Gaara had a big floating eyeball, his brother did the puppet thing, thats hardly fucking subtle!)

so long as we make a token effort at not getting caught then we pass.

even if they do actually notice us cheating, then decide to "catch" us, we still only lose 2 points, so we need a way to get all the answers in a single "cheat" so even if we get penalized, we still have 8 points.

and if you want to be super-hot-shit and fool everyone? then this means we tricked the proctors into thinking we can't do any better than most other gennin when we can.

there, everybody's happy, right?

[X] give our mark time to finish writing his answers, get up to go to the bathroom (get permission first), Glance at a Chunin test paper on the way out, memorise it, then use genjustu to transmit it to our team-mates when we get back.

-[X]unless we can do the test on our own, then genjutsu to transmit it without having to copy, then we should do that.

all the other students know about us is that we can Genjutsu (assuming they actually notice, which is unlikely) and that we can apparently read/memorise very quickly, which is expected.

iamnuff said:
yeah, i just glanced at your plan for a second, and....

summons, using your slashes, replacing a proctor?

No No No!

why the hell are we going all out in the first section?

Remember to KISS.

Keep it simple, stupid.
You are in the wrong quest.

[X] The Monstrosity of Hymn

Sheesh. I go play Civ2 for a couple days straight, and when I come back this is waiting for me? I can't even read the whole thing without my eyes beginning to glaze over.

FurikoMaru said:
You are in the wrong quest.

how so?

stupidly complex plans are fun, and we can use them later, theres no need to go all out on a kiddy test like this.

the proctors aren't our real opponents, the other examinees are. all the more reason to show them nothing more than they expect, so we can crush/mindfuck them in the part where we are actually allowed to go directly against them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back