• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Cosmos Quest (Naruto/Lupin III)

FurikoMaru said:
It isn't a dojutsu. The Yamanaka perpetuate a rumour that it is. Really it's just a genetic quirk like Kurenai's red irises.
The Throne requires eye contact because the eyes are the window to the soul.
Nicely done.
Very nice.

It does suggest that there are other offensive Throne users out there.
Hmm.

uju32 said:
Nicely done.
Very nice.

It does suggest that there are other offensive Throne users out there.
Hmm.

Itachi having Throne would lead to some....interesting times, since Throne is described as Reverse Tsukiyomi and it doesn't make you go blind.

Hymn of Ragnarok said:
Itachi having Throne would lead to some....interesting times, since Throne is described as Reverse Tsukiyomi and it doesn't make you go blind.
You would think it would be redundant for him.
But given the existence of Shisui's omgwtfhax genjutsu, and his own genjutsu expertise, he might have been interested in the defensive applications of Throne.
Or the abiltiy to use it to make Tsukiyomi even more potent by running long term sleeper codes in a target's head.

For all we know, he could have stuffed a construct inside our head, to take control when the opportunity came to die for Sasuke.
That's what I'd do in his place, just in case genjutsu alone was not enough.
Good thing we have Zenigata though.
And that Throne use among the Yamanaka is not commonly known.

FurikoMaru said:
... have you met Ino?

using the excuse of snogging as a cover for more serious things is the oldest trick in the book. with a random guy we never met (and will soon be fighting) immediately after being visibly surprised by something he said? not particually convincing.

besides hasn't she had, like a single kiss or something? she makes crude jokes, but she never seems to act on anything.

uju32 said:
Now, while I'd be willing to pass up a promotion for the prospect of reconnecting with an old friend, it's quite another to get random ANBU into our private business.
Is there any reason not to take refuge in audacity and invite him home to the Yamanaka clanstead?
Tell Dad he has head guys that you recognized because SENSOR!, and he did use something very similar to Shintenshin during the exam.
Make sure Gaara and Temari are elsewhere, drawing most of the security detail in that direction because jinchuuriki.

It might be a good idea to introduce Dad to Lupin first.

thats a good idea too.

it's even close to the truth.

if you're willing to write up a "try and talk to him at home" vote, then count me up for it.

Damn but canon Ino is small.
Physical stats as of this point in time

Ino
Height: 151.2 cm (4 feet 11.5 inches)
Weight: 38.5kg(84.9 pounds)

Gaara
Height 148.1 cm (4 feet 10.3 inches)
Weight 40.2 kg (88.6 pounds)

Kankuro
Height 167 cm (5 feet 5.7 inches)
Weight 61.2kg (134.9 pounds)

Temari
Height 159.3 cm (5 feet 2.7 inches)
Weight 44.9 kg (98.98 pounds)

Kurenai
Height 169.1 cm (5 feet 6.5 inches)
Weight 54.4 kg(119.9 pounds)

Asuma
Height: 190.8 cm (6 feet 3 inches)
Weight: 80.6kg(177.7 pounds)

Kishimoto's women are more petite than I would expect from born soldiers.
Japanese norms I guess.

Dante was pretty tall wasn't he? I wonder if Gaara has a height complex.

Guile said:
Dante was pretty tall wasn't he? I wonder if Gaara has a height complex.
Judging by the length of his sword, Dante probably was at least six feet in all his incarnations.
Even at 16, Gaara's max height was 166.1 cm(5 feet 6 inches).

So yeah, I would not be surprised to find it bugging him.
Assuming he still has his memories of his previous lives.

Eh. Ino was a man and so far she hasn't been having gender issues from her new equipment or complained about her height.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hymn of Ragnarok said:
Eh. Ino was a man and so far she hasn't been having gender issues from her new equipment or complained about her height.
Likely.

Although Lupin was surprisingly at peace with himself. Kind of zen in his zany monkeyness.

Also, French.

Hymn of Ragnarok said:
Ino was a singular, new personality with the same soul.
Lupin only just appeared after she's had 13 years to grow comfortable in this skin.

If Gaante is on the same model, no problem.
But if it was Dante from the beginning, with memories of his previous life?
Different story.

uju32 said:
Damn but canon Ino is small.
Physical stats as of this point in time

Ino
Height: 151.2 cm (4 feet 11.5 inches)
Weight: 38.5kg(84.9 pounds)

Gaara
Height 148.1 cm (4 feet 10.3 inches)
Weight 40.2 kg (88.6 pounds)

Kankuro
Height 167 cm (5 feet 5.7 inches)
Weight 61.2kg (134.9 pounds)

Temari
Height 159.3 cm (5 feet 2.7 inches)
Weight 44.9 kg (98.98 pounds)

Kurenai
Height 169.1 cm (5 feet 6.5 inches)
Weight 54.4 kg(119.9 pounds)

Asuma
Height: 190.8 cm (6 feet 3 inches)
Weight: 80.6kg(177.7 pounds)

Kishimoto's women are more petite than I would expect from born soldiers.
Japanese norms I guess.
Well Temari is taller then the average japanese women...

Silversun17 said:
because it's not just an implication.
greystoke.gif

[X] Eep Opp Ork Ah Ah Means Meet Me Tonight

Okay. You don't know how much the ANBU guy overheard. You didn't hear his chakra until right after you said Jigen's name, so best case scenario (which you're not prepared to assume) he didn't arrive until then. More likely he's been here the whole time and he's letting you hear him as an early-warning not to throw the first punch in what probably does look like a fight waiting to happen to someone not in on the joke. Best to keep this discreet.

"BWAHAHA~!" You guffaw, doubling over and slapping Jigen companionably on the shoulder, twice: we're being watched. "Y-your nickname is based on the fact that you're three-dimensional*? I guess your puppets really are your girlfriends, huh?"

"Y-you...!" he growls, clenching his fists twice: where and how many?

Oh, holy crap, what the hell kind of shitpit is Suna that he thinks that means I want him to ice the eavesdropper? ._.;

"Ah, ah, ah! Save it for the ring, buster!" You flick your cigarette down the alley. "Don't wanna get the ANBU all hot and bothered, do ya? Or maybe you're conductin' a scientific experiment and you wanna see what happens when you get hit by a jyuuken vacuum-attack coming from one direction and a Nikudan Sensha from the other?" You open the door back into the resto-bar.

"If we're just gonna talk, let's talk inside, friendly-like." No sense letting them know you know they've got a guy in there.

After a moment, Jigen nods.

As he passes you, you slip another note into his pocket. It reads,

[X] Empty booth, in the front window. If they can see you clearly, they're less likely to care what you're actually saying to each other. The peeping tom only made himself known when you guys were in a secluded area, after all.

[X] Shikamaru's booth. This calls for a Throning, which calls for having someone on hand to watch your bodies and make excuses for both of you.

[X] Tomorrow (location write-in). Go to Shikamaru's booth and have a conversation with Kankuro to further throw them off the scent. And also to get to know the guy; I mean, just 'cause he's Jigen that doesn't mean he isn't also himself, does it?

-----

*"sanjigen" literally means 3D.

No, I mean, if we go with that option we're probably going to have to come clean about the whole past life thing.

Do we want to reveal that to him at this point?

[X] Shikamaru's booth. This calls for a Throning, which calls for having someone on hand to watch your bodies and make excuses for both of you.

Vindictus said:
No, I mean, if we go with that option we're probably going to have to come clean about the whole past life thing.

Do we want to reveal that to him at this point?

Is Shikamaru really the type to ask questions if he doesn't see a point? Seems to me like all we need to do is signal to Shikamaru we need a private chat with Kankuro and Shikamaru will make excuses for us, and afterwards maybe ask to find out if what we're doing is going to make trouble for him.

And....yeah, honestly, I'd tell him if we had to. He strikes me as the type that could take a secret to the grave, and if he did reveal the information we could rest assured that he did so for a good reason.

I'm not sure he'd even be badly ruffled by the knowledge of who we are. He'd probably want to meet Lupin, and five minutes in have long since heard all he needed to hear.

I'm imagining Shikamaru's excuse. It is Ino and Kankuro talking animatedly Shikamaru's mounting frustration, and then Shikamaru using Kagemane to stuff our mouths full of napkins and then laying down for a nap. Mid-transit and under cover we Throne Kankuro as Shikamaru frees us just long enough before resuming forcible naptime.

Okay, fine, maybe not the least conspicuous distraction, but in-character and damn amusing IMO.

Hymn of Ragnarok said:
I'm imagining Shikamaru's excuse. It is Ino and Kankuro talking animatedly Shikamaru's mounting frustration, and then Shikamaru using Kagemane to stuff our mouths full of napkins and then laying down for a nap. Mid-transit and under cover we Throne Kankuro as Shikamaru frees us just long enough before resuming forcible naptime.

Okay, fine, maybe not the least conspicuous distraction, but in-character and damn amusing IMO.
Right, in that case it's decided

[X] Fun and Games with Shika!

Ha, we're gonna make Shika-chan carry the conversation all by himself? I have to see how this plays out.

As for what we tell Shika-chan... "Kankuro: our brother from another mother."

No.

"Hey Shika-chan, I'm gonna let this random stranger all up inside me, keep a lookout, 'kay?"

Wait, double no.

"Shika-chan, I gotta get my Yamanaka on. Time for some experimental mind jutsu! ... Don't worry, I'm a professional!"

That'll do, pig. That'll do.

[X] Because Yuji Ohno goes with everything, but especially this.

"Hey, Shika-chan," you say brightly, sliding into the booth beside him, "I need you to watch our bodies while I have a chat with Kankuro inside my head."

"Okay," he says simply.

And that is why Sasuke and Ami are your friends, and Shikamaru is your brother.

Your dream complex is Paris in '69 and Roppongi in '86 and Vegas in '78 and Monaco in '71 as only someone who lived them would remember them.

Jigen - Jigen! Really actually Jigen! - whistles under his breath and shakes his head. Kankuro stares up at the glitz and lights, genuinely awestruck. At least as far as you can tell; your sensing doesn't really work when you're inside your own head.

The first thing you do is

[X] Hugs! Hugs now, yes? Jigen's back, fuck yeah! Hell, get Kankuro in on the action too, hugs and champagne for everyone!

[X] ... okay, real time, I genuinely can't think of anything else that would be in-character at this point. If any of you have a genius write-in, show me what you've got.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back