1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Denarianquest(Dresden Files/???)

Discussion in 'Questing' started by Mr. Birdbird, Feb 19, 2013.

1. drake_azathoth

drake_azathoth Fabulously Evil

2. bzzt3421

bzzt3421 Getting sticky.

Right, I'll go with drake's choice then.

3. thisisinsane

thisisinsane Not too sore, are you?

[X] Drake_azathoth

4. Mr. Birdbird

Mr. Birdbird Getting sticky.

I am finally in a position to get this started.

[X]Descent

As your coin falls into the world, you reach out with your angelic senses. Whether or not this world falls under the purview of the Almighty, you do not know. What you do know, is
    that you are the currently the only heavenly or demonic influence upon this world. Elemental spirits dominate this realm, and while you sense a submissiveness among the lesser ones,
    the greater spirits are beings only a fool would disrespect.

Your coin hits the ground in an alley with unmistakably Roman sensibilities.

A lesser being would be annoyed at this, but you are Azazel, one of the most patient members of the Order of the Blackened Denarius. You fancy yourself a teacher, a mentor, a
    cultivator of men, training and educating your host as you manipulate them to your own ends. In all your millenia of existence, there have been less then ten hosts who you have
    considered to be so far beneath your notice that you would simply dominate them. The transformations that are the hallmarks of many of your peers, you have rejected in favor of
    something human and yet inhuman, altering your host into something resembling one of the Sidhe, abandoning any utility shapeshifting may have in favor of simply strengthening them on a fundamental level.

A crow, thinking you to be just another shiny object, picks you up before taking flight. In spite of the ringed architecture and the fact some of the buildings look like they were
    extruded from the ground itself, the Roman aesthetic of this city is undeniable.

*Schwaff*

Some showoff of an archer shot the crow down in midflight. As it drops you into the city streets, you are picked up by an innocuous looking man with an affinity for spirits... no, furies of earth and wood.
    Fidelias, his name is, but Brutus would have worked just as well for this man.

There is no doubt. He knows you are here, but he doesn't seem to care, simply going about his business in what you now know is the capital of this realm, Alera Imperia.

[X]??

5. drake_azathoth

[x] Remain hidden and silent for now.

6. Selias

Selias Well worn.

There is no doubt. He knows you are here

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2014
  7. Balatro Philologus

Balatro Philologus Still finds own avatar hilarious

[x] find out what he wants

8. R.A.G.

R.A.G. Well worn.

[X] if he knows you are here might as well speak up. You need a host, and he needs something, they always do.

9. crazyfoxdemon

crazyfoxdemon He Who Laughed Last

[X] See what you can learn about this world from him. Find out what he is interested in and try to strike a bargain... If he can't see reason... or is generally unsuitable.. break him.. Control him outright until you can find a better host..

10. Mr. Birdbird

Mr. Birdbird Getting sticky.

I'm sure there are probably details I've overlooked, feel free to ask questions people.

[X]A Coin of wealth and taste

You wait for Fidelias to make the finishing touches on a transaction he makes to acquire 1 ton of iron ore with one of the crown's suppliers. Once he finishes, you introduce yourself telepathically.

"You're a perceptive one, aren't you?"

"I was wondering when you'd make your move. What manner of crafting are you, coinfury?" Fidelias thinks at you as he walks towards his apartment.

Most of these furies are so far below you that you're almost insulted. Your spirit exists on a plane completely different from these primitive beings. Were you free of your coin, only the greatest among them could ever trouble you. But the term is close enough for your purposes.

"My name is Azazel, my host, and as for what I am, coinfury is a close enough term. So long as you bear my coin, I reside inside your mind, and should you have need of my skills or knowledge, you need only ask." You offer the traitor.

He seems unsettled by your offer, and though he quickly manages to get his thoughts under control as he changes direction, you get flashes of the plot to prevent a civil war he entered into with his master, Lord Aquitaine, and the 'graduation excercise' he has planned for his student in order to turn her to his side.

Your host smells saltwater as he goes through what appears to be a harbor district, and when he sees the River Gaul, he stops. The implied threat is clear.

"You speak of your skills and knowledge, but you have yet to explain why I should tolerate you inside my mind. Perhaps you should clarify. What can you get for me, that I cannot get for myself?"

[X]??

11. thisisinsane

thisisinsane Not too sore, are you?

[X] Use your knowledge of psychology to calmly explain why his plan to turn his apprentice will fail (She hasn't seen enough to make the distinction between loyal to the realm and loyal to the first lord yet). Offer adjustments and an easy way to demonstrate the difference without putting her in danger (you're her mentor she'll want to believe you're good, but you'll need to offer her a path that lets her reach that conclusion herself instead of just explaining it to her, because you trained her to well for other methods to work, I approve incidentally.)

12. drake_azathoth

[X] "Well, for one, so long as you hold me I cannot betray your secrets. If you truly believe a dip in the river or ocean would be an easy end to me, you are rather mistaken. As to what I can do for you... Well, ask rather what I CANNOT do, given time. Given the right rituals and reagents, there are few magics I cannot accomplish or magical gewgaws I cannot help enchant. Ask, and it is likely I can find a way to your goal, though my greatest works would require some serious effort on your part. In a more direct and immediate fashion, I can cloud the senses and minds of others, I lend my bearer strength beyond a normal man's, I possess knowledge of other realms that could build or transform an entire empire, and I have some power over any who speak their name before me.

"If behind the first question you are asking - Am I dangerous? The answer is - ABSOLUTELY. But I have little need to lie. Consider it vanity, but I take a certain satisfaction in helping my bearer accomplish great things. Some it makes happy, and others it does not, but that is simply the nature of man."

13. drake_azathoth

14. R.A.G.

R.A.G. Well worn.

then