1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Do Quests exist elsewhere?

Discussion in 'General' started by inverted_helix, May 7, 2014.

1. inverted_helix

inverted_helix Connoisseur.

Beside QQ, SB, SV, and the odd 4chan, do Quests in the sense that these forums understand them exist elsewhere? I find it very difficult to find them if they do. I barely discovered the 4chan ones though.

I'm just wondering if they're some rare thing that only a few people like us think interesting, or if I'm missing whole communities of them. I enjoy them ever so much, but I go through them so quickly.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2014
    Cu Roi likes this.
  2. Fellgar

Fellgar Connoisseur.

/tg/ Odd number? As in small number? ... have a link: http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html

Seriously there is like a hundred of them there but to get just the best use the minimum score search function to only look for 5 and above. Those that are lower are usually crap. Right now I am following... about 15 different quest threads and am still finding older abandoned epic threads.

Still I will look forward to what everyone else will recommend and link~! O:)

TroubleFait likes this.
  3. Malcolmo

Malcolmo Insert custom title here

Anonkun also does quests, though you plan in the chat.

4. Carrnage

Carrnage Well worn.

ulmf an adult site has a small cyoa section, though it's not very active.

5. inverted_helix

inverted_helix Connoisseur.

This one looks quite active, a bit of a different format that probably makes me less likely to personally participate, but quite interesting nonetheless.

I've seen them but most of them seem cripplingly short with their tiny updates.

While I've made the thread anyways, I'm especially interested in empire type quests; like Feudal or Demonic Queen. Anyone know good ones of those on sites besides SB/SV/QQ (which I've rather thoroughly read through) ?

6. Shanaa

Shanaa Getting out there.

There is also Touhou-Project.com with some quests, but I've only read one of them there, a couple of months ago, so I can't say how it is in general

7. Jans

Jans That which smiles.

http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?tags=Ogre%20Civilization%20Quest

Prepare yourself.

For Ogre.

8. Crypsis

Crypsis Getting sticky.

9. Guile

Guile Clothes That Kill Virgins

Anonkun is frankly the best setup for quests I've ever seen. Auto vote-counter, chat built right in, it's slick.

10. Malcolmo

Malcolmo Insert custom title here

My only real complaint is that the site doesn't take kindly to mobile phones. Which is annoying if you only have that available for parts of the day.

11. Grosstoad

Grosstoad Whimsical Paranoid Creeper

Hmm, empire building...
    There's Lord Quest, epic classic, then there is that post-apoc corp quest, which I forget the name of.
    Some more corporation type quests, but I don't really follow those.

Uh, there was an evil overlord quest I followed... Arr... Can't remember.

Then the Brothel Quest. Heh.

All on /tg/ or suptg or foolz.

12. Redon

Redon the baka nerbie

The lack of personal responsibility annoys me in anon quests, which is why I tend to stay away from those boards.

13. Vauron

Vauron Faded Shadow

There are a number on the MSPA forums. Sturgeon's Law applies, but I've enjoyed a few. On that forum images with the update are quite norm, though the images are often are very simple. The MSPA forums in general have smaller updates that other places I have frequented.
    http://mspaforums.com/forumdisplay.php?85-Forum-Adventures

As far as the Touhou Project? There are a crapton. What may put some of you off is that all of the quests have to involve Touhou Project people and/or places. That said, there are a fair number of crossovers as well. For instance, one recent story has a mage/blacksmith PC from Skyrim dumped in Gensokyo after accidentally during the creation of a macguffin. Longer story posts are normal on THP.
    http://www.touhou-project.com/

14. Peanuckle

Peanuckle Versed in the lewd.

Shadow Quest and Magical Girl Noir Quest are pretty good on /tg/.

Strike Witches Quest was fantastic, done by the same guy who did A Wizard is You on Touhouproject. But he updates about once every ice age. The spinoff quests are pretty decent, but the pilot one is swerving into harem territory.

ultima333 likes this.
  15. Grosstoad

Grosstoad Whimsical Paranoid Creeper

Ooooh, I almost forgot!

Err, whatshisname... Dead Duke? Undead Duke? Skeleton Duke? Or was it Undead King Quest?

EDIT: Google for the win!
    (Dead) King Quest
    But we were a Duke, or at least pretending to be the soul of a Duke that is reanimating the Duke's skeleton.

That was partially empire building, but voters wanted to be able to do their own adventure, so the system was revamped into allowing the Duke to move around.

If we are talking about non empire building quest, I would promote reading Totemist Quest as well.

And... Uh, what was that one... Uh, Zombie Quest?
    EDIT: Yeah,Zombie Quest! T'was awesome action thingie with well drawn quick pics.

16. WarShipper

WarShipper You really will be.

Way back when, when Spore was brand new, there were a lot of games on the GameFaq(or was it Gamestop?) forums about starting as a tiny little microthing and evolving from there. There were some pretty damn good ones, if I recall, but I think they were deleted or something - after a while I wasn't able to find any new ones, or even old ones.

17. PIEGURU

PIEGURU Know what you're doing yet?

Can anybody recommend some quests? I seem to have run out. (Damn it I didn't check the time stamp, well it's already done so yeah, my past still stands)

18. Ghost

Ghost Writer

This isn't exactly a necroable thread, IMO. What are you looking for? Knights quest on SB is pretty good. Harem Protagonist quest on tg is a different kin of good. Deus ex Mechanus on SB is good. As is Governor's quest and Aspiring Emperor on tg. Order is, Warhammer Bretonnian knight, fluffy, strategy.

19. mc2rpg

mc2rpg Versed in the lewd.

I recommend Joker Quest over on 4chan. The main character is involved in a city wide death game. Very fun stuff.

http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?tags=joker

20. PIEGURU

PIEGURU Know what you're doing yet?

Well off the top of my head I can list ogre quest, peter Parker quest, re monster ex quest, homeless mutant quest, harem protagonist quest, dragon ascendancy quest, nexus quest on SB, flatline anonkun , old soul on SV, evil overlord on SV and all the quests on this site are ones I read. So yeah anything you got I'm happy to receive, all genres welcome.