1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Dungeon Crawler Quest(Original Fantasy)

Discussion in 'Questing' started by yrsillar, Nov 27, 2014.

1. Xicree

Xicree Destroy and Rejoice!

Thank you. FINALLY Someone else who sees the OBVIOUS.

Good god... they're all acting like we want to go jump directly into the meat grinder and KILL KILL KILL everything in sight!

... ~_~

2. Grosstoad

Grosstoad Whimsical Paranoid Creeper

Not at night, though. We probably don't want to test how strong night encounters are compared to day ones.
    Especially with our party not truly set up to do stealth/scout.

Happerry likes this.
  3. Roarky

Roarky Less likely to be a father than my little sister

There's also not supposed to be anything too dangerous about walking to and from the dungeons, and we've seen how that can go pear-shaped. The phrase "Number and type unknown" honestly scares the fuck out of me. It doesn't help that it would be being done after dark, when I suspect things like the Kiln Knight may just be par for the course. I'm not saying I will never vote for a mission with that phrase, but while we're beginners, I will be exceptionally hesitant to do so. And we are still beginners. We might be some of the most promising beginners, but we're still new to this, and fairly low level.

Besides, whose to say these unknown enemies we're not supposed to come in contact with won't have superior senses. If we come at them from the wrong direction, or the wind shifts, or they here us because we're breathing or have heart beats, we would be up a creek without a paddle if they're strong enough that we're relying on "Not fighting them" to survive the mission.

mrttao likes this.
  4. GiftofLove

GiftofLove A Gift From The Heart

Then we shouldn't leave the city, because random encounters can get us inbetween dungeon runs.

Kiln Knight was a critical roll. We were only supposed to hear rumors. Yrs said this. If we get bad criticals we're fucked no matter what we do.

Xicree likes this.
  5. Grosstoad

I think it is more of a ponderation on Xic's choice to attempt the Mission now, when night is approaching.
    Unless you meant to vote for it tomorrow morning, Xic.

6. mrttao

mrttao Gone for Good

IRL logic really doesn't apply in this quest though. Also it is MAGICAL paint that gives you a magical buff.
    War paint is wearable equipment you can remove and reuse in video games which has mechanics similar to those found in this quest.

This is like arguing that smoking is harmless because you could get cancer anyways.

7. yrsillar

yrsillar Dapper Cthulhu

Yeah, the war paint is an accessory. Uses up the head slot like the Qunari stuff in DA:I

tenchifew likes this.
  8. Grosstoad

That was a sarcastic argument by GoL, pointing out that Roarky arguing that 'unknown number and type' circumstance is similar with walking between dungeons, with the Kiln Knight encounter as the risk, is simply exaggerating the probabilities, when Yrs had stated it being a bad critical roll.

Your counter-example (or whatever that is) is also odd, since I can't equate smoking with walking between dungeons.

Xicree and GiftofLove like this.
  9. Darkened

Darkened Experienced.

The key word in that sentence is "Supposed to" if things go as they're supposed to, no one would ever die on any mission.

The assumption that it might be dangerous is necessarily an assumption that things might not go as planned.

10. GiftofLove

The same can be said of dungeons. Should we not risk going into dungeons? Going into a new dungeon is more dangerous than scouting because we're forced into fights we might not be prepared for, yet we do that every other day. In fact we almost died not that long ago.

tenchifew and Xicree like this.
  11. UrsaTempest

UrsaTempest Yuri Fanatic, Archivist

BlackTitanOdin likes this.
  12. Darkened

Darkened Experienced.

Except we have multiple mechanisms of control for dungeons that we can use to evaluate and escape when things go wrong.

Duh the unexpected will happen, but dungeons are safe because we have contingencies.

We do not have those contingencies on missions.

You're arguing that if our plan works we'll be safe on a mission, which should be true for anything.

The argument for dungeons is not that things won't go bad, but that even when things go bad we have orbs and can use one as soon as blessing of the savior triggers.

The only real time we've been in danger was when the Mega-Urok popped in Ashen Grotto D, and we've adapted new contingencies since then.

By contrast, the scouting mission is the highest level mission we had and a full party one at that. By all of those indications it is dangerous, much as CL D was dangerous when people pushed for that the first time.

As the most dangerous mission, it's going to be risky even if it's scouting, because risk always lies in the situation going away from what you planned.

inverted_helix and mrttao like this.
  13. GiftofLove

Yes. If things go wrong people can get hurt. That's also true of anything. I'm not arguing that. I'm arguing against over hyping just how much danger the mission presents.

We seem to disagree about our party's capabilities.

14. yrsillar

yrsillar Dapper Cthulhu

Alright doods... gonna be honest, been poking at trying to write for this and it's just not coming I'm sure people noticed the last couple updates were kinda lackluster. I think I need to take a little break and reevaluate some stuff for this one. Consider this a hiatus notice.

kffs, tomio, Happerry and 4 others like this.
  15. Darkened

Darkened Experienced.

Awww.

Well, thanks for the notice instead of just not updating!

16. Guile

Guile Clothes That Kill Virgins

Pity, that. This is my favorite quest of yours.

Arkeus likes this.
  17. yrsillar

yrsillar Dapper Cthulhu

Mm, where the first dreamer failed due to a clunky system and bloated update size. This one has problems in that the system is too complex, you... don't want to know how much is running in the background on this one.

tomio, tenchifew, a2znut and 3 others like this.
  18. UrsaTempest

UrsaTempest Yuri Fanatic, Archivist

Well, let me hug you, then!

...have you considered using Excel or something else in that vein, in case it is number-crunching problem?

19. yrsillar

yrsillar Dapper Cthulhu

It's more a sheer volume problem. I have a huge doc full of monsters, another full of items, another full of race mods and classes, another with dungeons/encounter tables, plus tracking SP and job points on everyone in the party. I just kinda need a break.

Hugs are appreciated though :p

tomio, tenchifew, a2znut and 6 others like this.
  20. Guile

Guile Clothes That Kill Virgins

Trying to come up with 5 new missions every update can't be easy, either.

21. BFldyq

BFldyq It's pronounced Be-Fled-Ick

You could do what Interitio did, and kill the maths.

That is, in fact, how they described it.

22. Grosstoad

+hugs+