1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Dwarf of Bronze (ZnT/AU)

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by TotalAbsolutism, Dec 12, 2015.

1. TotalAbsolutism

TotalAbsolutism Magnificent Bastard Moderator

I mean, she hasn't taken her armour off yet.

She's more or less a Paladin; that is in the D&D sense of a champion empowered by a divinity. Added to that is the Blood of the First Hero, a sort of mystical bloodline that makes her superhuman even for her own kind.

Red kicks ass, takes names, and had her heart stolen by a dwarf who proposed the instant he first saw not her, but her forge.

kabs, Jarudazuigu and GiftofLove like this.
  2. LaughingProphet

LaughingProphet Empty Vessel

TA's more or less spot on the money but The Old Blood is a bit more of a nuanced thing than otherwise implied there. The Blood of the First Hero is a particular example of it, but when you get down to it that one has a more specific inherent bonus to it than just the physical boons; most forms of The Blood have at least some magnitude of benefits that boost you up past others of your kind. That's probably from a note mixup and miscommunication from my side.

Red's particular variant is Blood of the First Forge, an aspect that could have singlehandedly made her the greatest weapon- and armor-smith to ever grace the mortal coil with her presence even if she hadn't intentionally been trying to do so. There were no greater examples before, and none to match have followed since. Not yet, at least. The Blood does tend to weave in and out of family lines with a mind of its own outside conventional genetics.

Primarily, the Iron Wolf is Zhakar: Northborn Azekaran. They were touched on briefly earlier in the story when Saito's archery skills were put to the test. Red was already guaranteed to be a physical powerhouse by virtue of species alone. Her blood makes her fire- and heat-proof, gives pretty much everything she's ever made with a forge utterly outlandish properties, gives her the baseline boosts and traits The Blood provides to every individual known to carry it... And that isn't even getting into the other big quality of Kelicho heroes. I'm not sure that will show in this story.

So the biggest thing boosting her to utterly obnoxious levels of nightmarish power isn't even quite her Blood in this context.

It's that Red is a literal Saint of a literal God that presides over Justice, Heroism, Protection, and War in defense of the innocent. She's in her element, in a place that's explicitly fueling her God-given powers by having magic a magnitude stronger than her own homeland's has had in millennia.

3. kabs

kabs I like well thought out, inspiring stories. Gone for Good

Is anyone else having a hard time telling when Red is speak or the other one is speaking?

4. TotalAbsolutism

TotalAbsolutism Magnificent Bastard Moderator

If you point out some lines in general I'll do my best to work on it. I generally try to make it so that new speaker starts a paragraph whenever possible, and that they don't start the paragraph if they're not the new speaker, but that's not hard and fast. I think I have too much of an aversion to speech tags; overcorrecting from past mistakes.

Jarudazuigu likes this.