1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Emissary - A Deputy Recursive Crossover (Worm AU/Canon)

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Noelemahc, Jul 19, 2017.

1. Threadmarks: Coda 03
    Noelemahc

Noelemahc These things, they happen

Coda 03

[Emily Piggot]

“...shall be put to death for their transgressions very shortly. And do not think we do not know the role Miss Militia has played as well. We will see her drowned in her own blood after suffering the same indignity that she has brought–”

The figure on the screen droned on as I talked on the phone, giving orders for deployment of Master-related protocols around the city, complete with an M/S-ready detachment to be sent to the TV station. As I typed in commands into my computer, allowing the release of Fallen-appropriate weapon restrictions. As I heard the odd keening noise the security drills blasted into everyone’s heads at least as often as the Endbringer sirens.

I found it in myself to push against the table to roll into the pre-prepared blast-protection zone just in time for my recently-reinstalled window to implode, taking half my office to Hell with it.

Heart beating like a drum, my temples pounding with adrenaline which I had no outlet for, I scowled as I pushed and pulled myself out of the alcove which clearly wasn’t designed to be rolled into, the chair’s wheels hitching and creaking against the glass shards on the floor. I looked out the window, the early-morning city rendered dark by the explosions of glass removing a great deal of possible light sources. Then, a distant explosion mushroomed out between the darkened buildings, like a gas station going up in flames. Perhaps it was one, didn’t Burnscar need to start a smaller fire to ramp up to the bigger ones?

When it rains, it fucking pours, of course, I thought as the door to my office swung open with a protesting groan, showing that the other side of it was peppered with small fragments of glass just like the office side. Natalie, my trusted, dependent Natalie, half her face a criss-cross of bloodied cuts, was still holding the well-dented carrying tray in a bloodied hand, making the story quite clear to me. I did just ask her to bring more coffee in, hadn’t I? Most forms of porcelain were as susceptible to Shatterbird’s scream even if not to her silicakinesis.

“Madam Director, there’s been a development!” she huffed out, each word accompanied by a grunt of pain as it clearly hurt her to move her face to articulate words.

“You mean, besides the Fallen and he Nine coming to this godforsaken city on the same day?” I asked, trying to keep the bitterness directed away from my secretary. The first instinct was to raise an alarm on base, but the Scream made my point for me. The only problem was that the standard contingencies for the Simurgh-worshipping Fallen, which Valefor represented, were almost the exact opposite of the standard contingencies for confronting the Nine as far as the PRT’s unpowered forces were concerned. Hunker down and let the capes duke it out, occasionally allowing the use of heavy munitions when collateral damage was deemed acceptable or negligible, or send out M/S-protected squads of sharpshooters?

I was in a situation tailor-made to drive a PRT Director into an early grave, if there would be anything left of me to bury after today to begin with.

“Yes. The final leg of Armsmaster’s journey to the Birdcage last night has failed. We’d only gotten word a few minutes ago because the Dragonslayers have somehow crashed most of Dragon’s systems, then the drone transport carrying him. She only just got in contact with us to report what happened before the Scream.” She paused to draw a breath after her quick stammer, then finished her message with an almost resigned, “There’s four of them now.”

“What? That is preposterous!” I exhaled angrily, grabbing my cane from under my desk. It was lightly nicked by the shower of glass, but still intact and that was all that mattered. I had a city to protect. “Whatever Armsmaster’s crimes were, he has zero reasons to join them!”

“No, Ma’am, you misunderstand!” Natalie surged forward, finally dropping the tray, and helped me get to my traitorous feet. “There were four Dragonslayers recorded by the drone’s systems! If Armsmaster would join them, there would be five!”

I grunted acknowledgment at that. When it rains, it fucking pours. “In any case, help me get to the bunker. There are orders left to give.”

This city already survived one hell rain on my watch.

This far, no further.

Pacem a Potentibus.

2. Chojomeka

Chojomeka Sexy and I know it

It's time....TO GET DEFIANT!

Noelemahc likes this.