1. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. An option to display times with the 24 hour standard is now available. To change it, go to Preferences > Locale > Language and choose the 'English - 24 Hour Clock' option. If you prefer the 12 hour clock, you don't need to do anything, it's the default.
    Dismiss Notice

Enter the Dragon (Harry Potter/Shadowrun)

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Dunkelzahn, Jul 10, 2018.

1. megamiaouh

megamiaouh Getting sticky.

There's also the factor of various immortal beings working in the background to achieve their own objective, Shadowrun is choke full of conspiracies. Some of which probably manipulated and caused the nuclear accidents to help the creation of megacorp sovereignty.

darthdavid, Simonbob and caspian1a like this.
  2. Belenus

Belenus Know what you're doing yet?

So it was.

This does somewhat imply Vlad III is not the Romanian Emperor, though Snape isn't exactly known for reverence.

Also, historical Vlad is a pretty cool guy. Eh kills turks and doesn't afraid of anything. If he got away with not being undead in this setting, I totally approve.

caspian1a likes this.
  3. freakytiki34

freakytiki34 Your first time is always over so quickly, isn't it?

Yep. Seems like our favorite dragon isn't the only one who hooked himself into one of these nodes. Fun times ahead for sure.

caspian1a likes this.
  4. Edmond G. Bertrand

Edmond G. Bertrand Making the rounds.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok - so I see where you're going with the story, and I appreciate that very much. I still don't understand though why the threat of a 'kill-team' would even *slightly* threaten Harry, and by extension, anyone around him. He's terrifying, just as a boy. What is a kill team going to do when their magic can't affect him and him can grab them, snap their necks, and then eat them? How terrifying would Harry be if someone threatened Snape or Minerva or anyone travelling with Harry? I can't even imagine the level of violence that Harry would unleash... and what it would be like to be the asshole who ordered them kill team when Harry caught up with him/her.

caspian1a likes this.
  5. QuietlyObserving

QuietlyObserving Life is hard, sometimes.

Yes, that's true. But considering the fact that Harry might well end up slaughtering the Kill Team, that sort of thing would forever ruin any diplomatic relations, and wiping out the kill team would be cold comfort if one of his friends had been caught in the crossfire.

Better to go through the proper channels and build a positive relationship from the start.

Skjadir, darthdavid, Amrynel and 2 others like this.
  6. The Unicorn

The Unicorn Versed in the lewd.

It wouldn't, but killing the troops that show up to stop Aztec raiders is not a good way to introduce yourself when you are asking for a favor.
    Additionally, they're trying to keep everything as low key as possible,

Skjadir, darthdavid and Svaleryn like this.
  7. corndogman

corndogman Journeyman Munchkin

So, are they aware that Harry is a dragon? Hell, forget that, are they aware that he's a shapeshifter? If not, they're in for the nastiest surprise this side of Pearl Harbor.

The rest of the world can only hope the Su clan doesn't have access to assassins, ineffectual as they would be; if and when Harry dies, the fact that his body is a multi-ton mass of metal, flesh, and a mix of the most volatile, barely-metastable chemicals known and unknown to mankind, all balanced precariously by what might be the magical equivalent of a fucking degeneracy reactor... well... can you say "planet buster"?

Boy, I hope to God they come to their senses reeaal quick if they show up. Shit, why not name Harry the next coming of Quetzalcoatl or something?

Last edited: Aug 16, 2019 at 7:57 AM
    caspian1a likes this.
  8. zup

zup Versed in the lewd.

Do Shadowrun dragons have finite lifespans? At least the big, relevant dragons are very old.

corndogman likes this.
  9. corndogman

I dunno about finite, but according to the wiki, Alamais, Dunkelzahn, and Nachtmeister were all killed, so make of that what you will.

10. Simonbob

Simonbob Really? You don't say.

Shadowrun dragons don't die of old age. They're also immune to disease, nearly immune to magic, and fully capable of magics that no human can come close to.

You can kill them, though, if you're hard enough, it's true. I'm not sure anybody in the Wizarding World counts, however.

11. pjung

pjung Getting out there.

possibly the Dracula version if anyone. He seems to be the scariest person around.
    maybe also the Wurrugu, a ritual able to wipe out a magical nation covering a decent portion of south america instantly sounds like the sort of thing that could kill a Great Dragon, the Thirty-Seconds War is a terrifying feat

12. Simonbob

Don't know anything about "Dracula" in Shadowrun. Haven't seen that one.

But, as for magic..... There seems to be two levels of magic. PC level, pretty impressive, sure, but, when you read some of the books, the big rituals....

The Great Ghost Dance is the classic example. "We want independance! The Volcano's will continue until we get it!" Insane levels of power.

No PC magic can really compare with a Great Dragons. The big rituals in lore? They're, well, they're capable of all sorts of things.

caspian1a likes this.
  13. GhostHaxStomp

GhostHaxStomp Know what you're doing yet?

He’s an HP side in this fic. He’s been mentioned a couple of times; really old, shockingly strong, very mysterious.

Simonbob likes this.
  14. The Unicorn

Why? We're talking about Aztecs, I hope they all rush to attack Harry

wichajster and corndogman like this.
  15. corndogman

And what, get completely obliterated within 30 seconds, max? I admit the human race is not known for making well-thought-out decisions, but that's maybe taking things a bit far. Self-preservation instincts at least would be screaming "No" in mile-high flames etched into a mountain.

wichajster, Simonbob and caspian1a like this.
  16. The Unicorn

I repeat, they're Aztecs, having that happen would be great.
    Maybe, but the question was about what we hope they'd do, not what they'd be likely to do.

wichajster and corndogman like this.
  17. corndogman

I didn't think the Aztecs were that bad...

...fair.

wichajster likes this.
  18. The Unicorn

Real life Aztecs sacrificed (i.e killed in a very painful fashion) thousands of people (possibly hundreds of thousands, sources vary) out of belief this was needed to sustain the god that kept the world from being destroyed. That would be bad enough IMO.
    Shadowrun Aztecs are sacrificing tens of thousands (or more, depictions vary) out of greed for power. That's MUCH worse.

19. Simonbob

With the Horror in the basement, well, there's a reason Aztechnology leads the world in both blood magic and cyber-zombieing.

The best at horrific magic, that's them.

corndogman likes this.