1. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. For a trial period of one week, allowed avatar size has been increased to 256kb, up from 51.2kb. During this time, if the forum seems to be loading slow, drop by the topic in the Announcements & Rules sub to let me know.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. QQ will be down for upgrades starting at 2030 EDT. Please be prepared and save any work.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. A small reminder that our moderators can't change usernames. You need to directly contact an admin for that, and tehelgee is the jobless one so bug him about it.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. To the many new members following Mr Zoat to our forum, I would suggest a quick read of our Rules. Don't worry, it's not a long post. Pay special attention to Rule 8. We are deadly serious about it.
    Dismiss Notice

Enter the Dragon (Harry Potter/Shadowrun)

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Dunkelzahn, Jul 10, 2018.

1. stads

stads Getting out there.

nice chapter thx for writing it
    and draco bites the dust again atleast it was the chest area this time :D
    and yes kidnap luna she needs hugs

2. DIT_grue

DIT_grue lurker

Delete the stray quotation mark at the end of the sentence.

3. simssss

simssss Your first time is always over so quickly, isn't it?

We want more adventure of the dragon and his growing number of damsels.

Edmond G. Bertrand likes this.
  4. Edmond G. Bertrand

Edmond G. Bertrand Getting some practice in, huh?

Love this story! I'm, of course, really, REALLY looking forward to whatever comes next. The line about his "perfectly coiffured head" was awesome and reading the fall-out from Draco's unbelievably stupid challenge to Harry is going to be SO MUCH FUN!!! Oh... and of course, LUNA! and Su Li... Gotta wonder which one of them will be the next damsel carried off to Harry's lair.

Anyway - thanks, as always, for this story.

Edmond

5. NorthWolf

NorthWolf Your first time is always over so quickly, isn't it?

As a rail fan myself, I love the attention to detail given to that area of the story. Also looking forward to Harry meeting Smaugey. I hope he learns to speak to him, seeing as they share so many similar characteristics with the Drake Dog.

Edmond G. Bertrand likes this.
  6. Edmond G. Bertrand

Edmond G. Bertrand Getting some practice in, huh?

At one point in the story, just before Harry eats the Troll, you wrote:

"“But you’ve not got any better chance of fighting a troll than we do,” Hannah insisted. “The more people we have, the better…” she trailed off as Harry reached out grabbed a carving knife from a nearby platter — eight inches of tempered carbon-steel blade and a four-inch tang wrapped up in a well-seasoned oak handle — and proceeded to wad it up with one hand as easily as if it were made of tissue paper. Even when he squeezed down on the edge, the steel gave way before his skin so much as took a nick. When she examined it after he dropped the mess of twisted steel and splintered oak on the table, Hannah could even see the boy’s fingerprints impressed into the metal."

One of the things that I wonder is how does this bit affect how Harry is perceived later on? I would have thought that maybe, just maybe, one of the students would have picked up that twisted bit of metal and taken it around
    to show all the other students - and that quietly, a belief would begin to circulate that annoying Harry was a very, very, very, very bad idea and that by the time the "duel" between Harry and Draco happened, the rest of the students would have come to see that and would be taking side-bets as to how long Draco was going to live or how bad his wounds would be, once Harry finished with him.

Your thoughts??? Nothing that I know of moves faster than light, other than gossip.

Regards,
    Edmond

7. The Unicorn

The Unicorn Versed in the lewd.

1)The different houses in hogwarts seem pretty isolated from one another socially(not as much in this story as in canon, but still), something that would limit the spread of gossip.
    2)Unless one the students thinks to grab that knife within seconds of that scene, and keep it hidden from the teachers there's not going to be any evidence, so such rumors will probably be dismissed.
    3)It's a magical dual, the fact that Harry is super strong and physically tough doesn't matter to that, that's down to magical power and resistance. Not that the students would completely ignore physical strength, but they'd consider it much less important than children in RL would.

8. Dunkelzahn

Dunkelzahn No one of consequence

Among the Hufflepuffs, the knife certainly had that sort of effect; though, the rumors about him punching out a troll and destroying a couple of castle walls were a tad more prevalent in the rest of the school.

As for rumors about him being rather formidable... wait for 3.12. Both the knife incident and the troll will be rather overshadowed at that point.

Darik29 and ScarletFlames like this.
  9. simssss

simssss Your first time is always over so quickly, isn't it?

We want more please !!!

10. Madness&Rage

Madness&Rage Getting out there.

Besides he's a puff, who cares about a puff?

Sept... ask any muggle or muggleborn what it means to be a honey badger lul

11. The Unicorn

Not native to the British Isles, or anywhere in Europe, I doubt many of the students would have heard of them...the Patil twins might have.

12. Mr. Cloak

Mr. Cloak Your first time is always over so quickly, isn't it?

This just makes me laugh so damn much.... Hehehehhee....

13. AndrewWolfe

AndrewWolfe Your first time is always over so quickly, isn't it?

Regular badgers, which are sufficiently common in the British Isles that they get culled from time to time (they shouldn't be, but there's this superstition about them being an infection reservoir for Bovine Tuberculosis), are quite ferocious. Badger-baiting - setting a pack of dogs on a badger and betting on how long it lasts and how many dogs it'll take down before it dies - used to be quite the sport before it was banned.

GhostHaxStomp likes this.
  14. The Unicorn

Sure, and why Huffelpuffs have them as their animal, I was replying to the suggestion about Honey Badgers specifically.

15. Doghead13

Doghead13 Grumpy Old Scottish Biker

Yes, and the fic's set in the early 1990 in Britain.

Ergo, and having been born in Britain two years before Harry's canon DOB I can assure you of this, honey badger references from an average muggleborn kid in that timeframe would be a flat-out anachronism. Hardly anyone had heard of the bloody things until that noxious 'honey badger don't give a shit' meme a few years ago, and if you had it was something you saw on a nature documentary once and didn't remember.

16. The Unicorn

Pretty much what I figured. As I said the only students I can think of a resonable explanation to have them come up with a reference to Honey badgers are the Patils

17. Madness&Rage

Madness&Rage Getting out there.

Welp, digital foot into pixelated mouth.

If I'm being honest I both did not know or care if honey badgers existed there in that time. Though glad for the knowledge otherwise, learning new stuff is always a plus for forums like this.

My point however, is that for every animal in the animal kingdom exists one that took a few lvls of badass.

Some... more than others.

18. Darik29

Darik29 Verified Delicious

Just finished reading this. Took two days.

im in love. Please sir, Please. Give us more.

hell, I even have a subscription to CaerAzkaban, had it for Years now, should probably actually Read those emails one of these days...