• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Esquestria: The House of the Sun - A pony cultist experience

[X] Compromise.

I really REALLY hope we get to change the personal one, but I'm just not comfortable with seriously considering the implied permanent brainwashing.
The personal Grail Sacrament is not brainwashing.

As long as the Minions got that way purely through narrative function (e.g. Rarity, Jade) it's just a mutual choice to keep our relationship as it is forever.
That's an essential part of any long-lasting relationship, of any kind.
Not a violation of personal autonomy.

EDIT: And yes, while the event itself had Grail in it I'm pretty sure Rarity got the way she is by her own unfettered choice.
She wants what we can give her, but that doesn't mean we're coercing or grooming her in any way; we just happen to be able to give her what she wants better than anyone or anything else could.
That's also why she ceases to be a follower once reaching our level of Grail. She's better at getting what she wants herself than we are at giving it to her. Skill issue, not brainwashing.

Last edited:
This isnt by any means a criticism. But reading this did make me chuckle.

It's the age-old problem of "we are in ap hell" and "new servant? Nah. What would i use it for anyways?" :V
I mean people are also saying... "what do we even want fluttershy for" :V so I felt it was a valid point.

I have many rudimentary questions for comet feet. Not the least of which is, "What are you going to tell Fluttershy." Alongside "What do you want ME to tell Fluttershy???"

But I think at this point Velvet is... sufficiently adroit at telling lies.

I think a lot of people make a lot of assumptions about what the Grail Sacrament—and a couple of others—entails, when they're very definitely vague for a reason. Unless someone can put up a WoQM clarifying either way, absolutely fucking nobody should be making definitive statements on, say, whether it's brainwashing or not.

(Personally it sure as fuck sounds like it is to me, but I will be the first to admit that it's just a guess.)

Eh, our personal grail sacrament sounds a lot like what Cadence pulled with us and Shinning to me.

Frankly Comet is not valuable at all to use now that we have Biedde, and soon to be super easy access to Mares in the Light. Summoning requirements: LANTERN 80, KNOCK 60, EDGE 60.

Baldomare General bonus: +30, once we have the add the EDGE Level 3 (STUDIED we already have, and the Knock 6 Artifact. Baldomare +60 Lantern reroll + 60 Knock + 45 Edge. Add in even a minor Edge Reagent and she basically cannot fail.

And I want the next thing we go after to be the Edge 6 Furious Sliver. Both to prevent it being used against us, and it just the best possible weapon for a fight. Basically a requirement to get the Edge Sacrament.

Fluttershy is valuable both as someone can back us up socially, and just having a person around to be friends with.
Ah yes. Fluttershy. Notable extreme introvert and asocial Fluttershy. Backing us up on a social action. We're talking about the same character here, right?

Also you're kind of ignoring that even though MitLs do have Edge 3, that is... very likely not what we'd be using them for. Because they are Lantern spirits, first and foremost. And what is Lantern-aspected that we're pretty much always wanting to do to some degree? Cast RotT. Also the opportunity cost in having Baldomare be the one to summon them; a turn she spends summoning a MitL is a turn she spends not applying her ludicrous bonus to finding new expedition sites or artifacts for us, or channeling Influences to boost our own actions, or doing something plot-relevant like helping us search for the Outsider.

Especially when, if we get to keep Frangiclave after breaking DoA's chains, Jade will be perfectly able to summon MitLs on her own.

Also, as a reminder, we don't actually have a permanent three-circle ritual site yet. Next turn will be the last turn we can summon things without suspicion until we can find a new site, if we don't get lucky with the Canterlot caverns. Which also reminded me: If we do have Baldomare channel a SH Influence for Sacrament purposes (and the caverns don't give us a three-circle site), we might want to consider spending an AP to find a permanent three-circle ritual site. It'll probably be an expedition site or something, but it's not like we don't have several Names we can throw at an expedition-shaped problem.

Edit: Also maybe once we've resolved the Frangiclave expedition, we can have someone scry an artifact that can help with finding expedition sites, so that our non-Baldomare summons and Confidants can actually find higher level expedition sites with some amount of consistency :V

Edit 2:
As long as the Minions got that way purely through narrative function (e.g. Rarity, Jade) it's just a mutual choice to keep our relationship as it is forever.
That's an essential part of any long-lasting relationship, of any kind.
Not a violation of personal autonomy.
You know what else is part of long-lasting relationships? Having the choice to leave if you decide you want/need to.

Last edited:
I find it kind of poetic that we summoned Biedde in the same Turn that we confront Comet Feet. I suppose the question I want to put forth is this: do we want Comet Feet to be a tool -- or a friend?

In this meeting, let us ask: what is our intent? To forever direct him, or to let him choose his own actions -- to let him decide the intent behind his actions?

[X] Negotiation.
[X] Compromise.

The least bad in my opinion...

Still not good...

Comet will never be our friend.
He's likely (never destined, not with the way the Histories work) to become Stromchaser's friend though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back