1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Every QQ user is dropped into rimworld with a twist

Discussion in 'General' started by heraldoflight, Jan 2, 2020.

1. heraldoflight

heraldoflight Getting sticky.

Due to a particularly malicious omnipotent entity all users of our venerable site is isekai'd to a Rimworld planet. The hydrosphere of the planet is composed of large inland seas and freshwater great lakes with each containing abundant amounts of marine resources. Landwise most the surface are usually flat plains or steppes with no large large mountains and hills obstructing your view. The flora and fauna are the same as earth with some speculating this planet was terraformed.

[​IMG]

However the Sufficiently Advanced Intelligence did not leave us to dry so each user wakes up with a number of basic tools, (shovels, pick-axes, hammers, water filters, etc. ), nine months worth of consumable supplies in the form of Pemmican, a single combat knife, one Chiappa rifle with 10,000 rounds of ammunition and a basic survival guide.

Now for the twist, everyone gets their waifu sleeved in a pod, they can change the appearance of their pod. The pods are loyal to you and they retain their personality based on their character. Finally a single large nanofabricator called a maker capable of fabricating ammunition, power generation (Solar, Wind, Hydroelectric and Fossil Fuel) and medicine as long as their is feedstock for whatever you are fabricating

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  2. Malbutorius

Malbutorius Xenophile

That's kind of a meh twist.

I mean, we're still worse off then even the most basic Rimworld character, as they can build an actual house over the course of a couple days, while we simply lack the skills to do so. Lacking game mechanics, chances are we'll die to something random murdering us. So unless the Waifu is capable of accessing their setting's magic that's tied to the soul rather than the body we're kinda screwed, or if said Waifu's skills and abilities translate over.

So yeah. We probably die due to insufficient survival experience.

Dakkaface and january1may like this.
  3. Yinko

Yinko Versed in the lewd.

When you say "sleeved in a pod" do you mean that they are in cryosleep or that they are an AI?

4. Malbutorius

Malbutorius Xenophile

It's a specific Eclipse Phase term. Essentially they're Transhuman to the point that they treat body's as clothes, expensive clothes, but clothes nonetheless. A Pod is essentially a low budget biological body, often used by the poor and sex workers, as menial laborer's and cheaper models are usually mechanical in nature as they're easier and cheaper to mass produce.

Yinko likes this.
  5. Skitzyfrenic

Skitzyfrenic Elves are for lewding.

Well, that's actually pretty fucking dope. If the nanoforge can fab complex things like a wind-power turbine, it can ostensibly fab shelter. Or at least shelter parts.

I, personally, have been through a few 'wilderness survival' training (I was a cadet like 20 years ago, and I still remember basic shelter rules), and I'm a food gardener, but I've only just gotten the 'how to preserve/cook like a peasent' books. I don't really know how to fish beyond using a rod and line, learning how to set and make use of a net would be pretty key without it being destroyed (unless the nanofabber can remake/repair it)

I assume that basic tools includes several different forms of fire maker and the nanofabber can make fuel for it.

I might not be able to shit a nice house, but I could probably put together a shanty over the course of a few days and then work to improve it over the course of a few months/years. With only Earth-tier animals and a biome I'm familiar with, I'm reasonably confident I could make do. The hardest part I think would be finding -all- the plants I'd like to grow, and being in a hardiness zone that let's me farm at least close to year round would be nice.

The Waifu's greatest strength is that she's a second set of hands, two people can get so much more done. I think I'd rather like to sit down and read the Eclipse Phase rulebooks so I can get a useful af waifu. Her having the know how to make a proper log cabin instead of layering basic shelter tactics and very base earth and woodworks to shore it up would be fantastic if the Nanofabber can't make something worthwhile. Her also having better/equal than me survival/homesteading knowledge would be great.

I'd really like to know the exact limits of the nanofabber: Can I make parts or simple building resources for whatever, like bungee cords, paracord, rope, nuts, bolts, screws, nails? Sheets of material, like tarps, metal/plastic panels, cardboard, wood planks? If it can make a hydro-electric station, what stops it from fabbing basic housing, like a trailer house, container house, one of those tiny houses? What's the biggest thing it can make? The smallest? Is it like a giant 3D printer that prints outside itself, or like a 3D printer that prints inside itself? Can I print things like rocket stoves, which is simple in construction but takes advantage of a greater understanding of fire/heat/fuel, if they aren't considered 'basic tools?'

6. AllyDoodle

AllyDoodle Lewd Cthulhu

I'd probably die very, very quickly.