1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Exalted 3E Discussion

Discussion in 'General' started by Smuthunter, Feb 4, 2015.

1. tehelgee

tehelgee The stern gaze of justice. Administrator

So, your glorious overlord has created yet another grand artifact!

It's not got a dot rating, as you can see. I'm curious as to what people will think its rating should be.

2. Jarudazuigu

Jarudazuigu Sealed, for now

[monotone]All hail the glorious overlord![/monotone]

Interesting, and powerful if circumstantial thus why I would give it 4 dot rating in the artefact scale.

3. tehelgee

Care to elaborate on your reasoning for a 4 dot rating? I've shown it in other places, and gotten ratings of 5 dot and one particularly insistent person arguing for N/A.

4. Jarudazuigu

Simply. It's very handy for a sorcererer and a daiklave too. But only works when you have beings to slice up on hand. Without Daiklave promoting it it would be a handy 3 dot magic tool.

People rating it 5+ dots are quite silly and suffer from D&D syndrome of "Wizards are omnipotent!".

One! It only works when slicing live things on site. Needs prepared ahead stuff.
    Two! It can serve as daiklave or as sorcery-boost, but not both at once.
    Three! It is also having requirements of not having any other sorcery-boosting charms/merits taken.

5. tehelgee

The people I've seen rating it at 5+ point out that a large hit or two can allow you to immediately cast a decisive spell the next turn, which can do a lot of damage to a lot of people. Which is kind of the point of this sword, given the capstone.

I don't understand the 'prepared ahead of time' part of this. It doesn't need anything prepared ahead of time.

Well, it does serve the function of beating people down, but it's your gain that is curtailed by converting the gains into sorcerous motes.

Again, I don't understand this part. It doesn't interfere with anything else, that I know of.

Also, I've been working on the sword, taken advice from others on word choice and such. http://pastebin.com/PCvifL0s wall always be the latest version of the sword.

6. Jarudazuigu

Casting spells when in combat, at least as far as I understand Exalted combat engine, is asking to be shanked as smallest disturbance can end up with disrupted spell. Benefit, in my opinion, balances nicely with risks taken and the necessary things place it neatly in "nearly world shaking wonder" category.

Let's compare it to sacrificial dagger. To have oomph you need sacrifices.

Best wizard wand to cast FIST!;)

The version of Child's Lament that i read ... few hours ago, implied that it teaches the firs two Evocations free if sorcerer is: Solar, doesn't have another +sorcery motes Merit/Charm. I read it wrong?

Ok, I used the version wich was apparently out-dated to do my small review.

7. tehelgee

The first Evocation is awoken for free if the Solar commits extra motes and knows one non-Ritual Sorcery spell. They don't need any other Merits or Charms.

kinglugia and Jarudazuigu like this.
  8. tehelgee

Doublepost!

http://pastebin.com/PCvifL0s

Development has continued. Powers have been edited, some are gone, some are new. Child's Lament is now a wrackstaff instead of a daiklaive. The staff's theme has grown tighter, and it's more balanced.

Give it a read, and tell me what you think now. :)

Jarudazuigu likes this.
  9. tehelgee

10. Skitzyfrenic

Skitzyfrenic Elves are for lewding.

Thar's a lot of work there. Its very nice. I like it.

Jarudazuigu likes this.
  11. tehelgee

A few hours. Would have been quicker, but I kept getting sidetracked by chatting.

12. Jarudazuigu

I totes approve of Irongut Vixen on principle. Foxes are justice!:)

13. kinglugia

kinglugia A Randy Avian

14. tehelgee

Nah. She's more unrefined than Kushina.

Jarudazuigu and kinglugia like this.
  15. Jarudazuigu

Kushina Uzumaki ... refined?o_O

Where and when?

Sydonai likes this.
  16. tehelgee

As a kid, she was a bit rough. But as an adult, she seemed to be fairly refined, or at least not wild. Vixen is still wild.

17. Jarudazuigu

Um, as far as I understand she was sweet only to her hubby. Everyone else went out of their way to appease her horrible temper. She was feared more for being Kushina Uzumaki than for being vessel of Big Scary Fox.

Sydonai likes this.
  18. tehelgee

When she was a kid, yes. I don't recall that ever being a thing when she was an adult, and I've read every chapter of Naruto.

19. Jaertin

Jaertin Versed in the lewd.

Hard to say anything definitively since we don't see much of her in the manga, but it seems like even as an adult she has outbursts of temper, though she's more calm and sweet the rest of the time. See her punching Naruto when he mistakes her for the Kyuubi in ch. 498, page 2.

[​IMG]

Though I haven't seen it, her personality is apparently also like that in the Road to Ninja movie.

Sydonai, Jarudazuigu and kinglugia like this.
  20. tehelgee

True, but it's not her default state. She has to be worked into it. And, I imagine being confused for the Kyuubi is a special sore spot for her, given how jinchuuriki are commonly seen AND getting it from her own son, another junchuuriki who should know better.

Vixen is always that tempermental.

Me neither. I quit watching the anime around the time Konoha was levelled by Pein.

21. Stroth

Stroth Definitely not an AI

And she will hit you with a frying pan if you dare imply otherwise.

22. Jaertin

Jaertin Versed in the lewd.

Well, actually, confusing her for the Kyuubi made her laugh, what really set her off was Naruto saying in response "What an uncouth laugh! You think you can fool me by disguising yourself as a woman?" So...
    What he said :D

In the first place, I didn't mean to imply that adult Kushina was as wild as Vixen, I was saying that she's still not exactly what I'd call refined. Relatively speaking Kushina is more refined than Vixen. She's actually a great cook, for example.

kinglugia, Sydonai and Jarudazuigu like this.
  23. Jarudazuigu

Bah. Vixen is, if she wants, better cook than Kushina. SFY for you.

Though I admit that my initial impression of Kushina is darkened by her endless torture of Kurama, the Kyuubi. Take note that it was BEFORE the whole Kyuubi attack on Leaf Village. Wich, in hindsight, was kind of self-fulfilling prophecy.
    Kushina tortured Kyuubi for "reasons" and the fox turned stupid enough from all that to buy into Madara's Sharingan Hypnosis easily.

On the other hand, Biju are fucking immortal and kind of re-assemble when destroyed. What were that woman thinking by torturing one of these critters into insanity and hate-boner against her village?

Lastly Vixen is a fox, and Kushina is an woman who tortured a fox innocently. *Shakes newspaper at Kushina*

24. tehelgee

That's what I meant. Refined in comparison. Vixen is a horrible cook, if it wasn't spelled out. The first part of her name comes from the fact that she's the only one that can eat her cooking, and a lot of other questionable things too.

Also, her kids knew very well what getting smacked upside the head felt like, like Kushina did to Naruto. Vixen just wasn't Superwoman at the time, so her kids just grumbled about it very quietly.

Er, what? I don't remember any of this.

25. Jarudazuigu

I remember reading about how Kushina "improved" the Jinchuriki Seal on herself. Wich included, for the Biju, being impaled by all arms and legs to a piece of rock. Add chains. In the imaginary space where Naruto was meeting his prisoner.

26. Stroth

Stroth Definitely not an AI

Okay, this is getting pretty off topic guys.

27. tehelgee

I return again!

http://pastebin.com/bSWYVYnx

Behold, Magma Serpent!

It's a Terrestrial Circle spell that summons one of the Magma Kraken's tentacles. It may be overpowered, I don't know.

Sol Mark-1 and Jarudazuigu like this.
  28. Drak4806

Drak4806 Well worn.

Posted this on 4chan and I'd thought I'd post it here as well. It's just a mad ramble about 3e Infernals that I thought about while driving today.

I really like Infernals so here’s my thoughts about what I want out of 3e Infernals. The biggest with what I want out of 3e Infernals is that they would have to be the core Exalted in which everything is based around. Plus the massive amounts of charms.

I got introduced to Exalted back in I think 2013. When the Kickstarter was already going on. I got introduced to Exalted through fanfiction. Starting with EarthScorpion’s A Green Sun Illuminates the Void and then other crossovers mostly involving character getting Infernal Exaltations. I read about all the cool things they could do like their green acid like fire.

So basically I got introduced to Exalted through Infernals when 2e was finished. Going over the material and stuff I’ve come to the conclusion I don’t think I would have liked them If I had been playing since 2e began and my introduction was solely through their core book. I say this because what I like most about Infernals comes from The Broken Winged Crane and all of the fan written charms for the other Yozi. I admit that I don’t particularly like the Caste Yozi though I admit that I really like a lot of SWLIHN’s charms. Hegra, Elloge, Oramus, Metagaos, and the others all have really cool charms and themes that I love way more than those that belong to the five core Caste Yozi. Though I admit I also like how much of a backstabbing dick the Ebon Dragon can be.

Then there’s two more things that I really love about Infernals that come from The Broken Winged Crane. One is the concept of Heretical Charms. The idea of taking parts of concepts belonging to different Yozi then fusing them and making an entirely new charm that only Infernals can use is awesome. Then the second thing I love from Broken Winged Crane is of course Devil-Tigers. Transcending your humanity and becoming your Primordial that unlike the Yozi is not bound, crippled, or inflexible as they are. Seriously, Devil-Tigers are awesome.

So moving on to Infernals in 3e. I both like and dislike the idea of the Infernals being ability based. On one hand it makes things so much similar and easier. But at the same time I’m worried about losing access to Yozi charms. But I suppose it could work. The preview charms look okay. Ideally they’ll have charms calling on the abilities of Yozi other than just Malfeas, Cecelyne, SWLIHN, Adorjan, and the Ebon Dragon. Though it’s probably not going to happen considering the massive charm bloat that would cause plus all the overlapping. I just really want to harness the power of the Yozi.

I did float the idea of instead of having access to Solar Circle sorcery they have an alternate Yozi themed sorcery circle or something.

Maybe if anyone is still playing Exalted when Infernals come out 50 years from now they’ll write a bunch of charms reflecting all the cool Yozi like Hegra, Elloge, Oramus, and Metagaos.

I just really want 3e Infernals to have the ability to become Devil-Tiger or something like it. That was my favorite part of Infernals and what really drew me to them. It reminded me of becoming a Daemon Prince in Warhammer but better. Maybe

The new Shintai stuff looks really cool. Maybe it’s the answer to my desire for Devil-Tigers. Somehow it will eventually let you become something like one. Even if it doesn’t the new Shintai stuff is interesting.

Of course the main issue with a lot of this stuff is not to make them way more powerful than Solars which are of course the main Exalted type.

29. Bre Karn

Bre Karn (Very Slow) Writer of Glorious Smut

That was already the case in 2nd edition :p

30. Skitzyfrenic

Skitzyfrenic Elves are for lewding.

So, I'm growing my list of homebrew charms for ~2e Alchemicals. A couple that I've already shared. And the list is due for at least one more in the next few days.

I would very much like feedback on things like fluff. Or re-wordings. Or general mechanics concerns.

Please be gentle.