1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

First quest stuff

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by MerelysSoul, Jun 12, 2014.

1. MerelysSoul

MerelysSoul Warning: Tends to irreverent in most situations.

Ok, I get a RPG books that I can use for quests.

DnD
    GURPS
    Lords of Creation
    Gate Crashers
    Journeyman
    Amber Diceless
    Lord of the Rings RPG
    Diskworld RPG
    Serenity RPG
    Vampire (Old World)
    Mage (Old World)

Might have a few other ones.

Anyway, which one of these do you want me to do a quest with.

2. Gideon020

Gideon020 Writing a novel.

I've heard the Amber Diceless system is interesting to work with.

3. MerelysSoul

Yup it is.

it is a bit different because of it's no dice system but I like it.

4. Valette-Serafina

Valette-Serafina Shameless Shadow

Well, that really depends on what kind of quest ya wanna run.
    (First of all, pick one that you like. If ya hate the system, don't work with it.)
    Fantasy? Modern? Personal or Organisational? SFW or NSFW? Existing setting or Original setting?

Lotta questions there. (Personaly, I'm kinda fond of Mage, old world.)
    Regardless, welcome ta the ranks of the questmasters, yo. Good luck, and I hope ya have fun~

5. MerelysSoul

Well in Chat, I am leaning toward Amber Diceless and DnD. So likely one of those two.

In Amber the Diceless, I am going Canon with either a Prince of Amber or a Lord of the Courts.

DnD with inside one of the few worlds I have for it.

Anyway, thanks. It does help.

As for the whole SFW and NSFW, hmm leaning towards having a main thread in SFW with a seperate one for NSFW.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2014
  6. Valette-Serafina

If'n ya need someone ta bounce ideas off, feel free ta PM me.
    (I'm kinda slow ta respond sometimes, though.

Oh, yeah. Which version of DnD? I've a passing familiarity with 3.5, but Pathfinder's better, and all online for free.

7. MerelysSoul

3.5, don't have pathfinder ... yet. Plus I got the old Advanced DnD stuff if I want to use that as well.

8. Valette-Serafina

9. MerelysSoul

I see well thank you, I will keep this in mind. It will take me a while to learn all the rules for Pathfinder. So I might go Diceless Amber for now.

In the topic of Amber. I could pull off a crossover with it, if the otherside is something I know well enough.

10. Guile

Guile Clothes That Kill Virgins

I just learned a little about old Mage, and it sounds amazing. A global magic conspiracy to conceal magic as high tech, even from themselves.

I know more about Vampire the Masquerade, and that's fun too.

11. MerelysSoul

I haven't gone much into these two, just a few sessions compared to the other ones.

12. MerelysSoul

Ok, Amber Dice-less, it is.

[]Prince of Amber
    Born to the Royal Blood, you are a Prince of Amber, the One True World. You have walked the Pattern, the unchanging fabric of reality and been gifted the power to use it to your whims. Other power are also at your call as you traverse the Shadows, the infinite realities born from the One True World and Distorted by the Courts of Chaos. But beware for both in the Court of Amber and Outside of it, will you face danger and betrayal. For as one of your Elders have spoken, "It's better to trust a stranger then a relative for at least with a stranger you have a chance of being safe."

[]Lord of the Courts
    Born to the Houses, you are a Lord of the Courts, the place before reality was born. You have survived the ever changing labyrinth know as the Logrus and attained its power. Shape-shifting and other abilities are at your disposal as you travel the madness of the Shadows, trying to fulfill the goals of your Household. Unlike your counterparts in Amber, the Courts of Chaos generally isn't as dangerous and you can trust some of your relatives and other houses.

[] OPTIONAL-Crossover

13. Guile

Guile Clothes That Kill Virgins

Eric, trying to hold the throne against his traitorous brother-Princes? Bleys the charismatic rebel? ... Dworkin?

14. MerelysSoul

MC is either going to be a custom young Amberite or Chaosian, or if people want a cross over, a canon character.

Elder character and others will be showing up so you may meet Bley or even Dworkin himself.

15. MerelysSoul

Ignore this post, needs to be removed.