1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Forum colors

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Bugs' started by Megaolix, Feb 19, 2013.

1. Megaolix

Megaolix Moderator

I know it takes some work and I can't expect results immediately... but any chance to have alternate colors for the forums? A bit too dark as it is for me right now.

2. Biigoh

Biigoh Primordial Tanuki Moderator

Re: Layout

Or at least brighter button text? ^_^;

3. tehelgee

tehelgee The stern gaze of justice. Administrator

What do you mean, too dark? The text area?

And yeah, it will take a while to create a lighter theme.

4. Biigoh

The theme itself is a tad dark.

Myself while on SB, I use the default xenforo theme... nice, bright background what is white-ish with black text.

5. tehelgee

Hmm. I will work on a light-gray/white based theme.

Don't expect it in an hour. :p

6. Biigoh

I should note that one of the things with colors on a forum or website, really, is contrasts. You want either a DARK background with BRIGHT (like white) text or the reverse with BRIGHT background and DARK (like black) text. Grey on grey... not so good an idea.

Ditto with the dark green for the recent post box and the buttons above it.

It looks stylish... but not so good for long term reading.

Also, if you use line breaks between posts... you might want to use it like black on white background or the reverse. Just to catch people's eyes.

7. Vindictus

Vindictus Experienced.

I rather liked the green-brown scheme for the last one. Perhaps something like that, or a green-grey, would work?

8. tehelgee

I have installed a theme that's black text on white. You can change it through Profile>Modify Profile>Look and Layout then choose to change your theme to Vertex.

Note, this will remove the recent topics box from the banner area, as that is part of the Pulse theme.

9. Biigoh

Oh! This is nice.

Now to find the recent topic page ^_^