1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

General chat thread

Discussion in 'General' started by Nanimani, Dec 27, 2015.

Tags:
  1. Alertpoet91

Alertpoet91 I trust you know where the happy button is?

Drak4806
    If not that, then I sometimes feel an intense (almost?) literal Soul chilling terror/horror when the things that should not be are different. I swear recently I have been having too many WTF moments and it is scaring me.
    (What the Shit). If I suddenly stop posting or viewing QQ...
    I swear that shot that happened months ago...

KonradC and Drak4806 like this.
  2. GhostHaxStomp

GhostHaxStomp I trust you know where the happy button is?

2020 is the Mirror Dimension confirmed? Shits fucked yo.

3. Hyp3rB14d3

Hyp3rB14d3 Violence!

Fear not, humans. This is a phenomenon caused by the flawed storage unit that is the human brain, and is in no way an artifact of the flawed conversion of your perception of reality now that your world has been virtualized and the physical planet destroyed. Take solace in the knowledge that everyone’s memories are equally flawed at retaining information and direct your concerns to other personal matters that mean little to anyone other than yourselves.

4. The Hangman's laugh

The Hangman's laugh Experienced.

Hello is there a thread for general writing advice I want to know how a paragraph I wrote reads?

Priapus likes this.
  5. OverReactionGuy

OverReactionGuy The only Sane one left

I swear I remember seeing one but I can't find it right now....

6. MadGreenSon

MadGreenSon Verified Devil Tiger, The Childish Yandere

How general do you want the advice to be? I could dig up some generic writing advice and even throw in a few meaningless feel good platitudes if you want.

The Hangman's laugh and Priapus like this.
  7. LurkingInTheDeceit

LurkingInTheDeceit “Brave” explorer treading “New” land

I mean, this thread generally is used for new ideas or stories and sometimes includes discussion on how to improve those ideas: https://forum.questionablequesting.com/threads/interest-check-idea-thread.301/page-686

So maybe try there, with a disclaimer that you’re looking for advice.

Edit: There’s also this thread- https://forum.questionablequesting.com/threads/advice-on-writing.4397/

But while it’s definitely what you’re looking for, I’d be surprised if there was more than 10 people watching that thread, so I’d try the first thread I suggested honestly.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2020
  8. magic9mushroom

magic9mushroom BEST END.

I come bearing a re-homed derail.
    The usual mnemonic is "if it's black, fight back; if it's brown, stay down; if it's white, good night". Black bears can be scared off; brown bears (which includes grizzlies) my understanding is you should retreat slowly so as not to trigger their pursuit instincts.

With polar bears you are fucked if you do not have a means of escape or a gun immediately at hand, because they are looking for lunch rather than dominance or self-defence and will therefore attack until you are dead regardless of your actions. In some places with polar bears it's illegal to leave home on foot without a gun. Even if you do have those at hand, that may not save you because in snow they're hard to spot and if they get the drop on you, well, "good night" about sums it up.

There are a (very) few animals that behave similarly to polar bears i.e. deliberately targetting humans as prey. The main ones are lions, tigers and crocodiles. Similar precautions are typically used for big cats, although crocodiles can mostly be avoided by avoiding rivers and ponds.

9. OverReactionGuy

Don't fuck with the bears if they have cubs around too.

10. Vexin98

Vexin98 War Criminal Extraordinaire

Man hunting lions are rare enough that they get media attention the second they show up.
    See the Maneaters of Tsavo.

Venyr4434 and Priapus like this.
  11. John_Oakman

John_Oakman Come touch my hentai machine

So, um. My mother has read my NTR world isekai (or at least up to ch 8) over the past week. I don't think she understand half the words/terms I used but she did pick up on just how depressing/dark it was.

12. MadGreenSon

Your mom is on QQ? Huh.

me-meboi likes this.
  13. John_Oakman

Not really, she just used my account on another laptop (my old one) to read it.

So background: so both me & my little bro have been writing various stories over the years and mother felt that she should at least encourage us by reading some of our stuff. So both of us let her read our best works. Little bro has this story about fishes that's meant to be a parallel of modern Chinese history, while I came to the realization that my NTR story is actually the only one that wasn't a hot mess in terms of rhetoric and bulk (all previous stories of my tend to be rather lacking in content).

I may have made a mistake in judgement.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2020
    Venyr4434, KonradC, me-meboi and 8 others like this.
  14. Imabot

Imabot Connoisseur.

Can you repost this in " Laugh if you're horrible person" thread because I totally just did that.

Did she read other stories on this forum?

KonradC, me-meboi, kinglugia and 4 others like this.
  15. John_Oakman

Ok...

Probably not. She doesn't like to use computers or the internet all that much.

me-meboi, kinglugia, Nawaf and 2 others like this.
  16. Vanargandr

Vanargandr Connoisseur.

Mama, just NTR a man
    Put his wife against the bed
    Cummed inside, now he's dead
    Mama, life had just begun
    But now I've gone and thrown it all away

Valikdu, kinglugia, Hypervane and 2 others like this.
  17. Imabot

Imabot Connoisseur.

It might be embarrassing to have your work read by your mom but if she saw what kind of people you hang out with on this site... boy I won't envy all that awkward looks she will be giving you.

18. John_Oakman

I'm gambling on the fact that she won't understand enough of how forums function to figure that out. Yes she does use a couple of forums (the LaTeX forum for example) but then again every forum seems to be a mess of their own...

Also my parents have kinda accept that I'm a bit crazy, but as long as I remain a productive member of society they're not really gonna complain...

19. magic9mushroom

magic9mushroom BEST END.

The estimates I've seen are 40 to 250 per year. It's not common anymore (lions have been exterminated over the vast majority of their range), but it's hardly rare enough to get reported worldwide.

Nawaf likes this.
  20. MadGreenSon

This here remains my favorite news story, because no matter how it actually went down, I can have fun imagining it being so much more badass.

Venyr4434 likes this.
  21. Priapus

Priapus Engorged member

The dude's name is even Blackwing, making him sound like a supervillain.

(Also, super fuck that guy. What a cunt.)

22. MadGreenSon

And Blackwing's half brother fought off Blackwing's Waifu Ninjas alongside his soon to be stepdaughter, she was using hand to hand technique and he a sword.

It just doesn't get any better than that.

23. magic9mushroom

magic9mushroom BEST END.

I remember that.

Part of me's sad about how they made the Mormons swear off polygamy as part of the deal for Utah's statehood, but the ninja are definitely a step too far. :p

24. MadGreenSon

Yeah, this particular news story isn't really about the polygamy for me. It's about waifu ninjas being fought off with swordplay and hand to hand technique while they were attempting an assassination on behalf of Blackwing. :p

Venyr4434 likes this.
  25. LurkingInTheDeceit

That news site was region locked for me, but this conversation is confusing enough I’m gonna get round it just to see wtf you guys are talking about.

Edit: Ok, wat

Last edited: Jun 23, 2020
    Priapus likes this.
  26. MadGreenSon

Reality is under no obligation to make sense.

27. magic9mushroom

magic9mushroom BEST END.

This is my understanding:

The Mormons (a.k.a. the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints a.k.a. LDS) used to practice polygamy because their founder Joseph Smith said that only members of multiple marriages will get into the topmost tier of heaven. The Mormons were the main inhabitants of what is now Utah when it was a US Territory (having emigrated there while it was still Mexican), and statehood was stalled for quite a while because the USA refused to admit a state with marriage laws permitting polygamy (the original proposal included what's now Nevada, but that became a separate state during the deadlock). Eventually the LDS caved and renounced polygamy in order to get Utah admitted, which predictably caused a faction to split off called the Fundamentalist Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints (a.k.a. FLDS) who still practice it.

My understanding is that the FLDS by and large aren't bad people. The problem is that as an outcast heretical sect of an outcast heretical sect they tend to be rather insular, which leaves them open to the standard tight-knit-group problems.

So you have this arsehole rapist who apparently wasn't satisfied with his wives (plural - polygamist sect, remember) and decided he'd rape a girl, who reported him to the police and was taking shelter with her family (who I believe were also FLDS, but apparently hadn't fallen victim to omerta mentality). After being arrested, Arsehole Rapist calls in his wives, plays the traitor card regarding his victim, and says that if they can kill her before she can testify against him the case will have to be dropped.

His wives mask up as ninja to conceal their identities and indeed attempt to assassinate the poor girl, and get fought off with a sword because it was handy.

28. LurkingInTheDeceit

Huh, when you put it like that... ninja wives assassinating the rape victim of their ‘Lord’ husband makes sense. Neat.

29. OverReactionGuy

Anyone know if there was a change in how to do troubleshoot on windows 10 after the may 2020 update.

Since I clicked troubleshoot once and instead of the usual I got a pop up like "gethelp" instead.

30. SissyWannaBe

SissyWannaBe Know what you're doing yet?

hi! dunno if it's the right thread, but anyway -

i've finally upgraded my monitor from measly 19' to 32', but now i can't read QQ while on PC because everything is crazy wide now and i have to actually move my head to read full sentences. is there "native" way to squish QQ design? or do i need third party help to do so?