1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

General chat thread

Discussion in 'General' started by Nanimani, Dec 27, 2015.

Tags:
  1. Hyp3rB14d3

Hyp3rB14d3 Violence!

This anime season actually looks halfway decent. For one thing, Combatants Will Be Dispatched is finally getting an anime. (Don’t be fooled by the dramatic trailer. This was made by the same guy who wrote Konosuba.)

Then there’s Eighty-Six, an extremely dark war story about mech battles, racism, and idiots pretending there isn’t a war going on.

Then there’s Godzilla Singular Point, which looks to be a decent kaiju anime, if rather more shounen than Godzilla usually is.

They’re doing a reboot of Shaman King. To anyone who doesn’t remember the original, it involves a tournament between numerous shaman channeling the spirits of dead warriors to attain supernatural powers.

And finally, So I’m a Spider, So What? and Digimon are still going.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2021
    Desalis, LordVile and kinglugia like this.
  2. kinglugia

kinglugia A Randy Avian

I thought Digimon is over during that movie finale.

3. Hyp3rB14d3

Hyp3rB14d3 Violence!

The writers decided they wanted to keep making money using those same characters after all and did a reboot.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2021
  4. Eisen

Eisen Avant Garde

I'm kind of afraid for this one because there's rumors it's gonna burn through the entirety of manga. Either this will be a great disaster or a popcorn show.

LordVile likes this.
  5. Melmar

Melmar Should probly stop sayin' words

Jet Jaguar's face is still just as upsetting as always. Interesting designs for the monsters though. I noticed it seemed to be playing coy about Godzilla's role in things.

6. justinkal

justinkal Connoisseur.

There's also sequels to Thunderbolt Fantasy, Zombie Land Saga, Megalobox, and SSSS.Gridman.

Imabot and Hyp3rB14d3 like this.
  7. doomngloom

doomngloom DOOOM

So, I've got a small question, and I can't see a better place to ask it. It doesn't feel to me like it's big enough to merit a new thread of it's own.
    What is it called where you have text above or below other text in a single line? Like super/subscript, but without pushing the mainline text out of the way? And how do you do it? Pretty sure I remember seeing it here but I don't see anything in the editor for it. Also can't seem to find the right terms to find anything about it online, even if I can find examples of it being done, such as in the type-moon wiki.

LurkingInTheDeceit likes this.
  8. Hyp3rB14d3

Hyp3rB14d3 Violence!

It’s ruby textthis. You use the rubytext tag for the text that will appear on the bottom, then the rt tag for the text that will appear on top, before closing both tags.

For example, [ rubytext]Sample[ rt]Example[/rt][/rubytext] without the spaces in the tags yields SampleExample.

9. doomngloom

doomngloom DOOOM

Woot, thankee. Knew it had a specific name, but I couldn't find or remember it. Closest I could find when searching was "stacked text" and that was way too messy, since it stacked letter-by-letter rather than word-by-word. Many thanks, dood.

LurkingInTheDeceit likes this.
  10. heralding_bubble

heralding_bubble Liar and Hypocrite

You can use [plain][/plain] tags to keep stuff from activating.
    @Hyp3rB14d3 [rubytext]bottom text[rt]top text[/rt][/rubytext]
    Hyp3rB14d3 bottom texttop text

There's also tabs...
    [tabs]
    [tab=Test 1]
    Text here
    [tabs]
    [tab=Tab in a tab]
    It's like magnets. Completely magical.
    [/tab]
    [/tabs]
    [/tab]
    [tab=Test 2]
    More text
    [/tab]
    [/tabs]

• Text here

• It's like magnets. Completely magical.

• More text

11. justinkal

justinkal Connoisseur.

In addition to what's been said, I'll point out that what rubytext is actually meant for is so you can do things like write out the pronunciation above some confusing kanji.

This is why Nasu uses it to say things like that text for "Sword of Promised Victory" is pronounced "Excalibur".

Last edited: Apr 3, 2021
  12. Hyp3rB14d3

Hyp3rB14d3 Violence!

My cat wakes me up being super affectionate (by which I mean meowing loudly and biting me until I get out of bed). Then he won’t stop trying to trip me until I finally figure out he’s hungry and head over to his food bowl. Said food bowl is half full. I dump out said food bowl, wash it clean in front of him, then set the bowl back before filling it with the same type of cat food that was in it before, at which point he tears into it like he was starving.

My cat wanted it freshly poured.

13. Hyp3rB14d3

Hyp3rB14d3 Violence!

Just watched Godzilla vs. Kong. I have to say, the power-up they give Kong in this one makes way more sense than the "and suddenly, lightning powers" that King Kong got in the old movie. I also appreciate the way that, contrary to how the misleading trailers try to sell it, basically nobody thinks that Kong can actually take Godzilla.

Imabot, GhostHaxStomp and kinglugia like this.
  14. ttestagr

ttestagr Versed in the lewd.

I wasn't really expecting much, how was it do you think?

15. Hyp3rB14d3

Hyp3rB14d3 Violence!

It's more of a King Kong movie than a Godzilla movie, but it tries to be fair to both of them. Godzilla and King Kong fight each other a few times: first with the deck stacked just about as heavily as it could possibly be in Godzilla's favor, then with the deck stacked in Kong's favor, and then on a roughly even playing field. While there is a clear winner, the movie is careful not to have one completely demolish the other in any of the three fights, and throws in a few fights against other monsters just to make it clear how tough they are when not fighting each other.

Godzilla is clearly portrayed as the antagonist, with him actively hunting down Kong and staging seemingly random attacks on the Apex corporation, while King Kong is played as the protagonist, with his story being about him finding a new home. On the other hand, it's also made pretty clear that the whole thing could have been avoided if King Kong didn't insist on picking fights, with Godzilla giving him multiple chances to back down, none of which King Kong takes, and Godzilla is eventually revealed to have reasons for attacking the Apex corporation (although his attacks on Kong were purely a dominance thing).

There's also two different human stories going on, but while the human plots aren't terrible, they're also not really anything to write home about. Essentially, one group follows King Kong while the other investigates Godzilla's attacks on the Apex corporation, with Kong's group getting the better story and the Apex investigation group getting the (unfortunately predictable) plot twist reveal.

All in all, the movie is not particularly groundbreaking, but it does look nice, and it definitely delivers what it promised: giant monster fights, and Godzilla and King Kong beating the crap out of each other a few times.

kinglugia likes this.
  16. MadGreenSon

MadGreenSon Verified Devil Tiger, The Childish Yandere

That movie has the best beam o war I've yet seen in a film that wasn't a fucking anime.

17. John_Oakman

John_Oakman Come touch my hentai machine

So the Astolfo dakimakura I bought from Wish finally came today... I honestly didn't expect Wish to actually deliver.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 5, 2021
  18. Daonexus

Daonexus Seeker of the true Dao of waifus

So I am curious is there any particular reason why QQ hasn't updated from XF1 to XF2? Because I have the constant need to be on the latest most updated version of something (if it wasn't castrated in the update then I am going to stick with the older version till discontinued.)

19. heralding_bubble

heralding_bubble Liar and Hypocrite

So, why are you asking after XF2 then?
    /jk

Tbf the two things that I dislike (absolutely loathe) on XF2 are the garbage reply box and horrible inability to go to a thread's (sub)forum from Watched Threads view.

20. Daonexus

Tbh as a new forum user QQ reply box was actually pretty scary enough that I stopped using qq and stayed on sb,sv and ah for a while, until I learned that most of the lewds were here and now I spend most of my time here

21. Hyp3rB14d3

Hyp3rB14d3 Violence!

Look on the bright side: not upgrading is likely why QQ is still up right now, while spacebattles and sufficient velocity aren’t.

Daonexus likes this.
  22. Daonexus

Nah, AH is fine and it is on XF2, i read in sv,sb are down thread that it was due to Webex (or Weben? I don't remember exactly) that they went down.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2021
  23. NTR Commissar

NTR Commissar Daedric Prince of Sexual Assault

Don't see how staying on XF1 would save it from a server fire lmao

24. Daonexus

He probably meant that XF1 was like a good luck charm for QQ.

NTR Commissar likes this.
  25. Hyp3rB14d3

Hyp3rB14d3 Violence!

I was assuming they kept XF1 on different servers than XF2.

26. justinkal

justinkal Connoisseur.

Xenforo version and server hosting are completely unrelated.

27. Drak4806

Drak4806 Well worn.

Is there a way to see the most liked posts on the site?

28. Yuuki4108

Yuuki4108 Not too sore, are you?

You can see threads with the most likes on the first message but I'm not sure if you can see most liked posts in general

OT: I bought some sushi today and it was horrible, managed to extract some of the raw salmon though. Ideas?

29. BlackHadou

BlackHadou A Resting Bui

Ramen.

30. Desalis

Desalis Journey before desination

I'm really interested by Eighty-Six, if only for the Hiroyuki Sawano OST. I might give it a few episodes before I start to see what people think but I'm tentatively hopeful for it.

Shaman King is a definite watch for me though, it was one of the first anime I watched and I adored it as a kid. I'm hopeful that it's actually good and it's not just nostalgia that makes me remember it being great.