1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

General chat thread

Discussion in 'General' started by Nanimani, Dec 27, 2015.

Tags:
  1. NekoNekoBoy

NekoNekoBoy Leader of the Idiot Brigade

I remember dreaming about having a JJBA brawler in vein of EoH.

When it comes to dream video games I tend to get so immersed in the game I actually lose focus of myself and the dream either ends up in third person or me controlling the game interface with my mind.

Eliwan and Nanimani like this.
  2. Priapus

Priapus Engorged member

My dream video games tend to be echoes of existing games, but with the ficking UI removed, or crapping out shortly before I wake up.

It ranges from vexing to terrifying.

I can only recall one sexy dream, and then only the tail end: I was about to get it on with an unaccountably supple and willing stone statue of a goddess, but could not get appropriately... ready, due to an overfull bladder. All I would need to do to have sex with a goddess would be to quickly have a piss-

And then hard-earned mental daculties kicked in, ejecting me from Dream before I could do something unfortunate.

3. Drak4806

Drak4806 Well worn.

Anyone know of a good free epub to pdf converter?

4. notmi

notmi Super Koala God Super Koala

I use calibre, but I originally downloaded it to just read epub files in the first place.

5. justinkal

justinkal Connoisseur.

I read epub files by uploading to the private My Library section of Google Books (it's the Books equivalent of your personal, unshared Google Drive folder). Both epub and pdf can be uploaded there, and it has the bonus of the program used to read the files afterwards be super user friendly on Android (as would be expected).

6. Drak4806

Drak4806 Well worn.

See I bought a book that has pictures and a bunch of different fonts but all my ereaders treat it as a regular book. as a result the format is fucked up since I can't zoom the page only the letters. A PDF would let me zoom the page so I can actually read it.

7. notmi

notmi Super Koala God Super Koala

Calibre does let you convert from epub to pdf.

8. magic9mushroom

magic9mushroom BEST END.

Just had a very vivid, detailed and comprehensible dream. I can spot influences from Disney movies, fairy tales, Saya no Uta, Star Trek, Magical Diary: Horse Hall and Eversion.

A witch/wizard couple takes their family (i.e. children, including a boy named George) and friends on a sightseeing trip to the borders of fairyland (I forget what they called the border region; I seem to recall that they called the deeper bits the "Wraith World"). You may already be cringing at how terrible an idea this is. Anyway, they see some weird stuff, including a strange girl whom George's mother (who looks kinda like Professor Potsdam) is strangely reluctant to allow to see her. Something happens which gets some weird gunk on George and one of the adults, and they go running off into the Wraith World hallucinating (when somebody's crossing from the borders into the Wraith World proper, you can tell because there's colour distortion and they start to slow down/speed up due to the highly variable time flow in the latter).

While the rest of the party are trying to figure out what's going on, George comes back, looking at least several months older, and with the strange girl from earlier (who now looks more like a teenager) whom he introduces as his girlfriend Nicola. She gets a very frosty reception from the adults, prompting George to get upset and leave with her. Several of the adults try to follow, over the frantic objection of George's mother, but they not only stray into the Wraith World but get caught by webs (I believe the mother calls them "Egetma's web", Egetma - or something sounding like that, anyway - being Nicola's real identity).

George and "Nicola" commiserate over the frosty reception, while she prepares dinner. Cut through the glamour to what dinner really is; naturally, it's the adults she just caught, and they're being rather messily butchered by black, rigid limbs. While having their nice romantic, secretly-gory dinner, George finally starts to notice something off; Nicola's hair part has the angles wrong, as though she had a bald strip under the part, and he catches a glint of shiny black carapace on her leg. After he confronts her, she drops the glamour and unfolds her true form. Egetma's a cyclopean, bipedal spider-girl, with the extra legs growing out of the ribcage area and all the "human" bits growing out of individual plates of exoskeleton (that's why the angles were wrong; the hair "part" is actually a join between two plates). As he cowers in terror, she sings this massive rhyming song gloating about how foolish he's been. I only remember one couplet:

"Never kiss a fairy; never linger near,
    Be it for a minute or an hour or a year."

(I'm kinda impressed that my subconscious could invent valid rhyming verse on the fly.)

He says he wants to leave her; Egetma gloats (still in rhyming song, though I don't remember most of the lyrics) that he can't, because "without me you don't have a soul" (she already stole it). Her gloating is interrupted as several of the adults burst into the room from various sides and start attacking her with spells. Egetma, enraged, prepares to fight back, but suddenly finds her limbs yanked around by strings of web, which truss her up. George's mother comes in, and reveals that she found the tethers for the far ends of Egetma's strings of web; this being fairyland, those aren't objects but words (the one I remember was "trundlefoot"). George learns a lesson about judging fairy books by their covers, and his mother learns a lesson about the advisability of taking children and clueless people into fairyland. (Presumably, they get George's soul back from Egetma before leaving, though it was glossed over.)

Then I woke up.

Teln, Priapus and kinglugia like this.
  9. BlueHelix

BlueHelix I trust you know where the happy button is?

That sounds incredibly like this one night on Mardi Gras down in New Orleans a couple years back.

I had to take over my uncle's bar for a an hour or two, and people do some crazy shit when it's festive and they're blackout drunk.

10. magic9mushroom

magic9mushroom BEST END.

Um. Are you sure you didn't miss a page or three? Because cannibalism and turning into one-eyed twelve-limbed monsters at parties carry more of a "Sodom" vibe than "New Orleans".

MadKeyboard, Priapus and BlueHelix like this.
  11. NekoNekoBoy

This isn't our fault.

[​IMG]

Eliwan and Priapus like this.
  12. magic9mushroom

magic9mushroom BEST END.

I'm wondering whether this is meant sarcastically, implying that QQ has somehow corrupted me (it hasn't), or as a "I don't want to listen to your shit".

13. BlueHelix

BlueHelix I trust you know where the happy button is?

People had some crazy costumes, though they didn't perform any of the exceptional acts openly.

14. NekoNekoBoy

Uh, it's a joke...

15. magic9mushroom

magic9mushroom BEST END.

Which I'm apparently failing to get. Please help?

16. magic9mushroom

magic9mushroom BEST END.

Did I mention it wasn't fully fixed and after taking it back in I've been waiting to get it back for ANOTHER three weeks?

Fuck Harvey Norman so much.

17. RedStarMini

RedStarMini God's weakest ADHD Author

Have you ever read a sad comic with certain source material, and then try to binge on happy comics to wash the taste out?

That was my experience with yukkuri abuse, except the first one I read was like one of the only happy/cute ones and then I binged on like, ten yukkuri abuse comics trying to find one that ends happily

18. Priapus

Priapus Engorged member

Ayup.

Deadman Wonderland and then Gintama spring to mind.

I needed something lighthearted after that.

19. RedStarMini

You know, I've seen people complain about minmaxers in RPs and they're probably annoying to deal with, but let me just say that the opposite end of caring too much about fluff and making a complicated character is so damn annoying

Priapus likes this.
  20. BlackHadou

BlackHadou A Resting Bui

It really depends on the degree. Failure to strike a appropriate balance is one of the most annoying things on the planet.

Priapus likes this.
  21. Priapus

Priapus Engorged member

Failing to atrike that balance, or at least failing to strike around the same point in that balance as the rest of the party.

A hardcore roleplayer among minmaxers or vice versa is likely to cause headaches all around.

22. RedStarMini

yeah, just there is someone in our freeform RP group who is just so fucking inflexible once they get an idea, to the point they have argued with GMs a few times

we have someone else who isn't as bad but makes more... unique characters

Priapus likes this.
  23. magic9mushroom

magic9mushroom BEST END.

Got it back. They uninstalled Windows 10 and installed Windows 8.

why.jpg

EDIT: Oh hey, they provided a means to get it over the phone. Hooray for an occasional exception to Murphy's Law. I think I now have a working computer again, or will have. I can hope, anyway.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2016
    Nanimani likes this.
  24. thelurker

thelurker Experienced.

So, I was talking to some people, and we had an idea for a quest or story that I think would be interesting to explore. However, none of us have time for it, so I'm just gonna drop the prompt here and see if anybody picks it up. If this isn't an appropriate thread for this, I apologize, but I couldn't find a better one.

Basically, a hunter from the Bloodborne franchise somehow winds up in the universe of Hellsing/Hellsing Ultimate. Shenanigans ensue.

25. magic9mushroom

magic9mushroom BEST END.

SFW general idea thread
    NSFW general idea thread

You don't need to apologise (to me, at least), but for future reference those are the catch-alls.

Priapus likes this.
  26. thelurker

thelurker Experienced.

Priapus and Nanimani like this.
  27. Skelion21

Skelion21 Not too sore, are you?

*collapses laughing*

Imabot, Drak4806 and thelurker like this.
  28. Priapus

Priapus Engorged member

Merry Christmas, you delightful degenerates!

Imabot and Skelion21 like this.
  29. Fenrisfir

Fenrisfir Not too sore, are you?

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays EVERYONE!!!

Imabot likes this.
  30. magic9mushroom

magic9mushroom BEST END.

I underclocked my PC. My games started lagging less.

(Yes, I know, dark silicon. Still, definitely counter-intuitive.)