1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

General chat thread

Discussion in 'General' started by Nanimani, Dec 27, 2015.

Tags:
  1. justinkal

justinkal Connoisseur.

Except that would undo the entire reason why they did their very first genderflip (to have higher odds of being financially successful).

The original draft was instead an otome game (so female protagonist) in which the possible love interests are King Arthur, Cu Chulainn, and Gilgamesh.

The whole "genderflip King Arthur" thing was a way to switch the target audience to males without modifying the basic structure of the plot by a gigantic amount.

2. RedStarMini

RedStarMini God's weakest ADHD Author

I mean Of Course I know there were reasons, there's reasons behind most things people make, I'm not literally saying that it would have been a better move for them to do it and realize how unrealistic it would be. This is just me saying a Thought in general chat semi-seriously

Priapus, Nanimani and justinkal like this.
  3. magic9mushroom

magic9mushroom BEST END.

That feeling when you're trying to find something you remember saying once on a forum, you accidentally stumble across a chatroom log, and everyone behind your back was talking shit about you. I guess it's true, eavesdroppers never hear anything nice.

4. Nolrai2

Nolrai2 Can't count

Eh. Hmm. I wonder if I am unusually thick skinned, just know nice people, or what. I have never found logs or anything behind my back that I objected to.

Really the things said to my face tend to be worse.

Priapus likes this.
  5. ebolasos

ebolasos Getting sticky.

Ah is spacebattles down atm? I've been trying to go on it.

6. BlueHelix

BlueHelix I trust you know where the happy button is?

It seems selective. I have no problems, some other people say it doesn't work. DNS is the problem, apparently.

ebolasos likes this.
  7. ebolasos

ebolasos Getting sticky.

any idea when it'll be fixed?

8. ShadowAngelBeta

ShadowAngelBeta Well worn.

QQ was down for me until just now-ish. *Shrug* On the other hand I haven't had any issues with SB or SV.

Priapus likes this.
  9. BlackHadou

BlackHadou A Resting Bui

QQ just had a major upgrade, and you've just made it really obvious you block notifications. I'd go read the news forum if I were you.

10. magic9mushroom

magic9mushroom BEST END.

Well, you have a point. The bit that bothered me was that it was unanimous, that there was nobody sticking up for me (the closest anyone came was "M9M has a LOT of problems. [...] There's a reason why some of his opinions are so fucked up.", which is a backhanded defence at best). When it's to my face I always put up a spirited argument, so it's less depressing.

Itaywex likes this.
  11. Nolrai2

Nolrai2 Can't count

Well if it makes you feel better, I don't think your opinions are fucked up. And while you are/have been struggling with pretty bad depression...its not like that makes you indefensible.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2017
  12. magic9mushroom

magic9mushroom BEST END.

Thanks.

13. Hyp3rB14d3

Hyp3rB14d3 Suspicion!

14. magic9mushroom

magic9mushroom BEST END.

I had this dodgy dream about some black guy who was ranting about slavery attaching a ball and chain to my arm. I vaguely recall swinging it at him, and getting another one around my neck for my trouble. It was at a regatta and this meant I couldn't coxswain, because if I fell out I'd sink. Also somebody ranted about how he somehow had authorisation to do this to random people.

Somehow, later in that dream, I ended up being Shinji piloting Asuka's Evangelion. Except it could shoot energy beams.

15. MadKeyboard

MadKeyboard is not a deviant; just the resident Xenophiliac

Jusst throwing this out here, but does anybody posses the bb Code knowledge on how to make a table?
    You see, I've been trying to make it so that the table has a title column up here
    And then two rows underneath Ya know, something kind of like this
    Code:
    [xtable]
    {tbody}
    {tr}
    {td} You see, I've been trying to make it so that the table has a title column up here{/td}
    {/tr}
    {tr}
    {td} And then two rows underneath{/td} 
    {td}  Ya know, something kind of like this {/td}
    {/tr}
    {/tbody}
    [/xtable]
    But without the top row there only covering half the table and making it look... ugly. And I apologize if this is something incredibly obvious through the table manager, but said manager is not exactly mobile friendly and a tad finicky, for me at least.

Priapus likes this.
  16. Synaptic Star

Synaptic Star Wholesome Foursome

I was reading 'Bad Hair Day', the first NSFW fic that I've ever read. I got half way though before I realized that this was probably illegal in my country.

17. Priapus

Priapus Engorged member

The table manager has a merge cells feature that mercifully works on mobile. Table Options-> Cells -> Merge Cells.

Putting in 1 for rows and 2 for columns with the firt cell selected gave this:
    The ants come marching two by two,
    Hurrah!Hurrah!
    You could do it in bbcode by manually setting the column widths, but that is harder and less versatile.

MadKeyboard likes this.
  18. magic9mushroom

magic9mushroom BEST END.

It's in a grey area where I live.

Also, welcome to QQ. Sorry you apparently jumped in at the deep end, although I do seem to recall putting a substantial amount of warnings on that fic everywhere I've posted it.

Synaptic Star and Priapus like this.
  19. Priapus

Priapus Engorged member

I vomited today for the first time in some years, when my dinner violently disagreed with me.

Never getting cheap cuts of meat from that supermarket again.

kinglugia and Itaywex like this.
  20. magic9mushroom

magic9mushroom BEST END.

Have there been any roguelike MMORPGs?

As in, "you pay per character; if they die they are dead, and you have to buy a new one".

21. Priapus

Priapus Engorged member

I've not heard of them, but paying per character would be highly ill-advised, and would likely scupper the whole thing.

The key to a roguelike is making the player want to Come Back For Anuvver Go when they die. Throwing up extra barriers, especially financial barriers, between players and another go increases the chance that they will just abandon the game entirely when their characters die. It might just manage a fanbase of affluent and/or obsessed players, but it would cripple its appeal.

An MMO roguelike with a standard subscription model could certainly be cool, though.

22. justinkal

justinkal Connoisseur.

As an extra bonus, by popular demand, a while back Runescape added an "Ironman Mode" that you can select during character creation, which turns the game into a Rougelike for you, disables your ability to trade items with other players, and has separate rankings from regular players for stuff like highest stats and minigame scores.

There's also a "Hardcore Ironman Mode" that can be selected, but I don't remember what the differences between the two are.

23. Frankfawn43

Frankfawn43 Not too sore, are you?

Does anyone know why spacebattles randomly has "internal server errors" for half an hour to an hour sometimes and if sufficient velocity has them too? (I don't browse sv as often as QQ and sb.) Sorry if this is the wrong thread but I remember someone asking before in something like the general chat and had to ask. This has been bugging me for like the last two weeks.

24. justinkal

justinkal Connoisseur.

Its an SB thing, and yes, it affects everyone.

Frankfawn43 likes this.
  25. Frankfawn43

Thank you! Any idea why it happens though?

26. Nekraa

Nekraa Nekraa Moderator

:p

But more seriously, I believe that they're performing maintenance. There was a banner yesterday about it (amusingly saying that it shouldn't affect users :3).

Link to thread: https://forums.spacebattles.com/threads/2017-02-19-site-downtime.496103/

Edit: Also, maintenance happens now and then. Thus, problems appear. Like, last time I think Xon made a mistake or something which made the simple maintenance quite longer. Don't remember details though.

Frankfawn43 likes this.
  27. Frankfawn43

Priapus likes this.
  28. Raziel

Raziel Angel of Secrets

I know of one, though I can't remember the name at the moment. I believe it also infinitely spawned monsters with no limit, so if you dawdled too long you would be overwhelmed.

29. Drak4806

Drak4806 Well worn.

So I'm taking a break from watching the myth arc of the X-Files. Its just exhausting plus I know that nothing ever gets resolved so I kind of feel like its not worth it. On the other hand I kind of feel like restarting from the beginning but watching all the episodes rather than just the myth arc ones and the so called best episodes.

Hmm I don't know.

By the way is anyone subscribed to Funimation's streaming service I'm curious if its worth it.

30. horus

horus Warmaster

I was expecting a message about cloudflare's latest fuck up, anyone know if QQ uses cloudflare?

what i'm talking about