1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

General CYOA Thread

Discussion in 'CW Index' started by Nightgazer, May 5, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nightgazer

Nightgazer Cute Lil' Pegasus Gone for Good

Here.

http://nightgazer.altervista.org/Nightgazer's_Worm_CYOA/Nightgazer's_Worm_CYOA.htm

?.?

---

Added Aes Sedai Lighter Choices to both Special and Curbstomp Versions.

Added The Aes Sedai Package Advantages to both Special and Curbstomp Versions now.

Added Electromaster Lighter Choices to both Special and Curbstomp Versions now.

Added The Electromaster Package Advantages to both Special and Curbstomp Versions.

Removed Silver Age Superman, One Punch Man, and Q from Special Version making them Curbstomp Version only.

Made changes to Curbstomp Version's Difficulty section.

Corrected some errors in both versions too.

Changed update date at bottom of page.

---

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  2. Joltgeot

Joltgeot Know what you're doing yet?

Why cut the upper limit on number of power from 5 to 3. being limited to 5 was bad enough. Is it to encourage people to do the lighter/darker paths instead?

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  3. Nightgazer

Because people kept complaining about 5 being too much.

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  4. Malbutorius

Malbutorius Xenophile

The numbers still have absolutely no meaning anyways. Besides, it doesn't even fit canon Worm.

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  5. Joltgeot

heh, I preferred it back when there wasn't a limit besides points.

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  6. Nightgazer

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  7. Nightgazer

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  8. Nightgazer

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  9. Joltgeot

Just noticed something today. On Nightgazers Worm CYOA when you win it says as the second option
    2. Continuing your journey into another world of your choice, with twelve points to spend on Powers, Special Advantages, Advantages, Darker Choices, and Lighter Choices. You also get one free Item. Except The "Link" Bundle. If you want that you'll have to get it at the start. You won't be able to get it now here. If you have chosen the Companion Advantage and your companions are still alive they will also get the same... See Companion Advantage.

12 points doesn't buy anything major the way the costs are now. Maybe a couple individual perks from a package but really rather lame amount. I mean if you could save your excess points from the start and add to them it would be one thing, but the excess starting points are turned to cash I think.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2016
    Ddmkm122 likes this.
  10. Nightgazer

Could you point out which version that was now?

I forgot to update that part then.

I need to increase those points won.

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  11. Joltgeot

It was in the Curbstomp version. Why would I use another version? Oh, I was just looking, do the darker choices no longer automatically make you take the souless disadvantage? Also, the Tenseiga from Inuyasha is probably to powerful to get with the Item of power perk isn't it? Course it probably wouldn't work for someone who didn't take Sesshomaru as a Crossover power. Perhaps Cinderella from Toriko?

Last edited: Aug 31, 2016
    Ddmkm122 likes this.
  12. Nightgazer

Most people don't like the Curbstomp for some reason. Don't know why. That's why I've been concentrating mostly on the Special lately here. Anyway. Points adjusted from twelve to thirty-six there.

Soulless is now an Advantage and you have to pay for it instead.

I've also moved Plot Armor to the Disadvantages section.

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  13. Joltgeot

So no ruling on if Tenseiga from Inuyasha is too powerful to get with the Item of power perk?

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  14. Nightgazer

I might be able to decide if I actually knew what "Tenseiga" was.

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  15. Psyckosama

Psyckosama Connoisseur.

Ddmkm122 and Sum Sine Regno like this.
  16. Joltgeot

Tenseiga is a sword with 4 abilities

• Resurrection: The Tenseiga could restore the life of the recently deceased by destroying the pall-bearers who took the souls of the dead. However, it required a relatively-intact body to work and only worked once as not to grant eternal life. If done to a dismembered body part, it will restore the body part to how it was when alive, but it will die again shortly afterwards. This was shown when it was used to revived Goshinki's head to restore his fangs. Although the Tenseiga could not harm what belonged to the Living World, its healing powers allowed it to slay the undead and spirits such Magatsuhi, the evil will of the Shikon Jewel.
    • Purification: After Rin's second death, Sesshōmaru showed compassion to the dead souls in the Underworld, and asked: "You all wished to be saved too, is that it?", and used the Tenseiga to purify them of their sins.
    • Protective Barrier: The Tenseiga had the ability to erect a protective barrier around its master if his life was in danger and transported him across vast distances to safety.
    • Access to the Netherworld: The Tenseiga granted whoever wielded it access into the Netherworld through the Border of the Afterlife. Proof of this was when Gozu and Mezu, the guardians of the Netherworld, allowed Sesshōmaru to enter after he drew the Tenseiga
    All that said I'm not sure if someone other the Sesshomaru could use it's abilities. So it could be an unusable sword.

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  17. Nightgazer

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  18. Nightgazer

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  19. Nightgazer

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  20. Nightgazer

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  21. duburu

duburu I trust you know where the happy button is?

Nightgazer i have to ask.
    Do you know how to make my altervista page look like your?

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  22. Nightgazer

What do you mean by that exactly?

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  23. duburu

Like how do i made a altervista page look like your? doing a spin off of the CYOA but Exclusively only the CYOA V2 (cause tylenols already give perms)

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  24. Nightgazer

If what you want to know is how to make a page like mine just look at the HTML coding. Right-click on the page. Select 'View Page Source'.

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  25. duburu

yes but im saying how do i do it?
    is it better to do it from the altervista homepage?

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  26. Nightgazer

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  27. Joltgeot

Nightgazer, I'm using the Curbstomp version of you CYOA in my fic and I was wondering if it was okay that since I only bought 2 Worldbreaker Powers instead of 3 if it would be okay to buy 4 greater powers instead of just 3. I figure can just use the Generic Jean-Paul Sartre CYOA Supplement like I did on some CYOAs earlier in my fic. Thought I'd pass the idea by you. I guess if you object strongly I could get the 4th later going through a different WORM CYOA. Oh, I had thought there was a limit on the advantages but when I looked I didn't see were it saw how many today when I looked.

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  28. Nightgazer

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  29. Nightgazer

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  30. Hokonoso

Hokonoso Know what you're doing yet?

Saitama + ninja magic/archive + gamer and thrown into naruto because worm is easy? Now that would be a fun story, Saitama is so lazy, could you image him ignoring akatsuki or orochimaru because they are so weak? lol.

Your cyoa is too difficult to write, simply choosing godmode with just the free advantages gives you access to every single type of magic period, and at such high lvls that you literally can choose god mode and turn those 1000 points into money and win within a day of arrival. Less is more when it comes to these since you actually have to write it! There are no ROBs sending you to these places after all!

Ddmkm122 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.