1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Goblin Queen [Worm/Exalted][CrossPost]

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Biigoh, Apr 23, 2014.

1. Biigoh

Biigoh Primordial Tanuki Moderator

Both. Also stress relief. :3

Prince Charon and bastur2 like this.
  2. evildice

evildice (emotionally stable clown posse)

Coil: "I always try to kill multiple birds with a single stone."

3. Biigoh

Indeed, that is Coil....

Prince Charon likes this.
  4. Biigoh

A wild Teaser~ shows up!​

"Taylor. I'm very disappointed in you."

Those words were hurtful, especially if you were me. They cut deeply because it was Danny who said it to me. My father was disappointed in me for some reason.

evildice likes this.
  5. Chojomeka

Chojomeka Sexy and I know it

Oh [____]! Danny found out what her PHO handle was hasn't he!?!

:p

Biigoh likes this.
  6. Biigoh

Worse. :3

7. Chojomeka

...He read her work didn't he? Oh Danny how could your daughter fall this far? It's bad enough that she's a manager but now to find out that she writes purposely bad for attention? If only Annette were alive Taylor's stories would never have turned out like this :( :p

Biigoh likes this.
  8. Biigoh

Worse than that.... :3

"Have you no consideration for what Lisa thinks?" He shook his head. "And don't say that she knew. She doesn't seem like the kind of girl who would share."

9. Biigoh

"Taylor. I'm so very disappointed in you."

Those words were hurtful, especially if you were me. They cut deeply because of who had just said that to me. My father was disappointed in me for some reason.

"Wh... but..."

He shook his head at me, before continuing. That disappointed look on his face managing to catch me off guard persistently as I almost never disappointed him. "I thought that I raised you better than that. That your mother, when she was here, taught you better than that."

And that was a low blow I wasn't expecting. Certainly, invoking mother was... it just wasn't done. Thus, I could only look at Danny with a wounded expression.

"I can't say that I'm pleased at finding out that my daughter is a playgirl." That disappointed look directed at me seemed to only sharpen as he continued to speak. "Who is actively cheating on her girlfriend with a... 'beefcake'."

I could only gap at him as he airquoted 'beefcake' with his fingers in clear mockery of what I called Beefcake. "But... how?"

There was another sigh from my father before he shook his head and spoke up. "I'm not stupid, you know."

He held up a hand as if to forestall my reply. "I can understand keeping secrets from me like when you went off to the Endbringer fight... I can understand when you try to hide what you're doing..."

"But Taylor... being videoed and talking about your beefcake," He sighed at me and shook his head. "I'm not exactly blind, you can't make it more obvious if you tried."

I could only look down in mortification. It was clear that he had worked out who Rose Knight was. The only question was... how?

"Have you no consideration for what Lisa thinks?" He shook his head. "And don't say that she knew. She doesn't seem like the kind of girl who would share."

That my father had gotten such a read on Lisa was... surprising. After all, it wasn't as if he had that much interaction with her. At least, to the best of my knowledge. And then he continued to my horror.

"Trust me, I know. I've met girls like her when I was younger. I mean your mother's girlfriend was just like that." The indulgent smile as he said that was a clear sign of him remembering something fond.

And yet, I could only look at him in horror. I... I did not need to know that sort of thing about mother.

He shook his head and looked at me solemnly. "Now, I could assume that you're a smart and intelligent girl, but assumptions are not the best thing to go about this."

It was at this point that I had a sinking sensation in my gut and the back of my mind about what he was going to be talking about.

"Now, I know I wasn't really of much help when you started to... ah... when I asked your aunt for help when you started... with the monthly you know. But I want you to know that I'm going to help you in this, I understand that puberty is a rough spot for you given that mother isn't here to talk to you." I had to shake my head in horror and dispair as his very words confirmed my unspoken theory of what he was about to do...

That talk.

The talk of the Birds and the Bees. Which no teenage ever wished to experience.

I.... I really didn't want to do this, and yet... I could only look at him in horror as he sat me down and continued to speak. His very words sheered into my mind with the relentless way he spoke, the embarrassment in his tone of voice as he spoke of human biology, before going into how hormones made people stupid, and to always use protection.

I found myself unable to whimper even in mortification as he spoke that he trusted me to do what was right by Lisa if I wanted to go with 'beefcake' before he placed a small cardboard container into my hands. I could only look down at the small black box with its simple white tower-like A on the left and the plain white text [Alexandria Protects] on the upper right and in smaller text below [12 premium latex condoms].

"I will trust that if you do... do it with this... beefcake, that you will at least use this protection or some sort of other protection," he continued to speak, looking firmly into my eyes. "I would rather be told that I'm going to be a grandfather after you get married, Taylor. Not before."

Despair the horror and mortification, I could tell that he was trying to do good by me... even if I wished he wasn't. Oh, how I wished he wasn't. I would never be able to take the time that had been stolen from me by his mind scarring words.

Thus, I could only nod wordlessly at him, praying that he would stop. That this experience would end.

"Good, I'm... glad that we could do this talk before you did something regrettable." I silently keened in the back of my mind as I nodded at him further... urging him in the depths of my heart to stop... to just end it.

- - -
    Goblin Queen | Changes can be Traumatizing
    Worm / Exalted

- - -​

Alas... the torment wasn't to end as I discovered when I logged into Parahumans Online and found a PM from Miss-Fortune. Mother...

Private Messages from Miss-Fortune (Verified Cape):
    Miss-Fortune
    : Taylor... I must say that I prefer Lisa over Browbeat. Please stick with Lisa and don't go for the Beefcake. By the way, I've arranged for some time off and I'll be visiting Brockton Bay. I'll be calling your father to let him know.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2015
    Ack, Skitzyfrenic, Trilonias and 7 others like this.
  10. evildice

Ah ha ha, of course she does.

Is there a Legend brand as well? ("I Came Rainbows!")

Biigoh likes this.
  11. Biigoh

More like [Rainbow ribbed for your pleasure]

evildice likes this.
  12. Chojomeka

Bwahahahahahahahahaahaa!!! Not even the power of an Unshaped can save a teenager from their parent giving them.....The Talk! TTuTT

powerofvoid likes this.
  13. powerofvoid

powerofvoid Versed in the lewd.

The wrath of an angry parent is an excellent cure for stasis, presumably. :D

Biigoh likes this.
  14. Biigoh

ish soh

15. Biigoh

\\ Call trans opt: received. 5-23-2011 13:24:18 REC:Log \\
    \\ WARNING: Carrier anomaly detected \\
    \\ Tracer Engine: running \\
    \\ Voice Recognition Engine: running \\

Primary : So. I'm rather pissed at the moment. When were you going to tell me, Anne?
    Secondary : I thought you knew.
    Primary : If I had known, I wouldn't have let her go.
    Secondary : And yet, she's one of the reasons that-
    Primary : That doesn't matter.
    Secondary : It does matter. Look, just stop and listen to me.
    Primary : ... fine.
    Secondary : One in four on a good day.
    Primary : What?
    Secondary : That's what the statistics are like for an Endbringer. You know this. I know this.
    Primary : That's why I'm so pissed off.
    Secondary : You should also know that this time, the fatalities were below two digits with an attendance of nearly two hundred and there were no long term injuries that require an active parahuman intervention.
    Primary : ... go on.
    Secondary : She cheats, you know that, right?
    Primary : Are you honestly telling me...
    Secondary : Yeah.
    Primary : I know she heals faster and she created some sort of sea wall, but-
    Secondary : A wall that protected the entire city from Leviathan's tsunami by basically being a small mountain range? I got a hold of the recordings... she was there for the fight from the start to finish, even if she was taken out of action temporarily several times.
    Primary : I... I see.
    Secondary : Mind you, I'm also angry at her.
    Primary : Ha! You?
    Secondary : Yeap. I'm just angry that she didn't bother to tell you anything. Yes, I know there is that study that shows that teenage capes have a tendency to be more of a teenage than teenages in not wanting to tell their parents things. But I thought... I, honestly, thought that you knew what she was up to.
    Primary : Fair enough. Mind you, the other reason I'm pissed is that she was flirting with a boy. My Taylor... flirting. And don't tell me she wasn't. She was. On a video that's gone viral.
    Secondary : She's a teenager?
    Primary : uh huh...
    Secondary : You know what, I'm due for some vacation time. I'm going to drop by Brockton Bay.
    Primary : What really?
    Secondary : I'll play the bad cop, since I'll be running off afterwards.
    Primary : I guess, I'll have to think on what to say to her. I suppose it should have been obvious that she was running around in a second costume. Her playing at a rogue was too good to be true.
    Secondary : She takes after me that way, I suppose.
    Primary : At least, she's not running around in a padded catsuit like you did with your Lustrum.
    Secondary : Hey, I made the costume work... you've remember the other girls in the Movement.
    Primary : Some people should never wear catsuits. Just like some guys should never wear spandex. It's how things are.
    Secondary : Agreed. Although, you did look pretty good in that Merchant costume back then. When, you know... he was running it.
    Primary : It wasn't the same after Rough Cut died and Forge retired. That was when the punks started to run it into the ground.
    Secondary : Yeah... hey, I gotta run. Work calls.
    Primary : I'll talk to you later. Love you.
    Secondary : Later. Love you.

\\ Primary xxx-xxx-xxxx identifier = [Daniel Hebert] \\
    \\ Secondary xxx-xxx-xxxx identifier = [Annette Rose Hebert] \\
    \\ Priority Comparison Algorithm: complete \\
    \\ Subject Priority Flag: forward to local Robin Intelligence Node \\
    \\ System Error: unable to forward log \\
    \\ System Error: log deleted \\
    \\ System Error: local data cache deleted \\
    \\ System Reset: complete \\

- - -
    Goblin Queen | Interlude : Lost Transcripts
    Worm / Exalted

- - -​

Writer's Notes : A Quick Interlude.... :3

Ack, Trilonias, powerofvoid and 7 others like this.
  16. Biigoh

A wild Teaser~ shows up!​

"You know what? I think I've figured you out." There was a pause as she looked out to the crystal sea-wall in the distance.

Beyond it, she could also see the police and PRT dirigibles docked to the Protectorate base beneath the puffy white clouds, giving an appearance of being a flock of birds crowding a birdfeeder as they resupplied themselves before returning to their patrol routes. "The truth is you're an idiot and a fool, who is deliberately oblivious to my feelings and... her's."

"That's the only reasonable explanation for why you've been behaving the way you have."

Ack, Prince Charon, evildice and 2 others like this.
  17. Biigoh

The day was nice enough that it would have been criminal to stay indoors, not when one could enjoy a blue sky with puffy white clouds as the dazzling sun hung high in the sky.

High above the beach and the bay, the seagulls wheeled about on the thermals as they hunted for their next meal.

o/~ Like a song of love that clings to me. o/~

The song played softly in the distance, words carried by the cooling breeze. The reproduction of the dead man's voice rendered tinny and faint by time and distance, by the quality of the speakers and numerous other possibilities.

o/~ How the thought of you does things to me. o/~

"You know what? I think I've figured you out." There was a pause as she looked out to the crystal sea-wall in the distance.

Beyond it, she could also see the police and PRT dirigibles docked to the Protectorate base beneath the puffy white clouds, giving an appearance of being a flock of birds crowding a bird feeder as they resupplied themselves before returning to their patrol routes. "The truth is you're a complete idiot and a fool, who is deliberately oblivious to my feelings and... hers."

"That's the only reasonable explanation for why you've been behaving the way you have."

I mmmmhed in reply while my hands demonstrated my skill at assembling trinkets into a more cohesive whole. A minor trait carried over from my youth, when I would play endlessly with the wooden puzzles that father had been gifted by his friends long ago. "That's... not true, I have been a good friend, haven't I?"

"That's exactly what I meant." She wanted to glare at me. I could tell from her tone of voice and the way she tensed her shoulders. Of the three girls who had hounded me in school, her tells were the easiest to spot. "You are perceptive enough. And then you say things like that. With any one else... I can buy that they're really blind or something."

"But not me, huh?" I replied in a musing tone as I held up the primary motivator crystal I had been working on to examine it against the light of the sun. The light passing through twisted within it, showing the various components and the internal solid state crystal circuitry.

I had been tempted to go with an essence based engine, but that held certain complications that a positive electrical feedback loop system didn't have. Such as requiring its user to be able to use essence.

"No, not you," she said with a huff as she turned to look at me. Her hair had flared up in the wind much like her skirt from the speed and snap of her twirl. "I've watched you. I know you."

The inflection to the word 'know' had me blinking for a moment as I leaned back and turned my head at a tilted angle to look at her with a single raised eyebrow.

"Know me?"

For such a bold declaration, I had to question her. I could do no less, it was a statement filled with implications, worrisome ones at that.

"Yes, I know you." She looked at me flatly, eyes partly closed as if she was lazy or tired. "Oh, not as much as Emma with your shared childhood or Lisa with her power telling her everything."

Nodding at her, I carefully placed the motivator crystal back on the terry cloth be turning about to look at her with my full attention. It wouldn't be polite or fair to her otherwise.

"I know you well enough." She sighed and raked her fingers through her windswept brown hair. "Everything you do, you do for a purpose. Even if it isn't clear what it is."

To such a statement, I didn't have much I could say.

"Fair enough." I didn't verbally deny or affirm what she say as I shrugged in response.

There was a certain inherent truth in what Madison said, one that I could not deny. After all, it was true that my actions and words all held purpose. Every single one of them. Even if I left them unsaid in my own internal monologue.

Her eyes narrowed at my response, as her mouth twisted as if she had bitten into something sour and bitter. "You..."

I found myself blinking, like the proverbial owl that mother had liked to call me in my younger days, as Madison strode to me in a forceful manner.

"Madison... you seriously can't be that angry." Certainly, my surprise at the way she pulled me up to stand by the neck of the scruffy tee-shirt was genuine. "Being angry isn't good for your cute look."

"You should calm dowww-" The flow of my words were halted as she reached up with her free hand to seize hold of my face. Or rather, my lips were puckered from the way she seized my face with her thumb and fingers resting against my cheeks.

"That's one of your problems, you talk too much." She whispered to me with a sigh as she pulled my face closer to hers. The scent of apples and roses hung around her, swirling from the breeze that blew our hair about and tangled them together.

I had an inkling of what she was about to do even as she leaned upwards while pulling me lower to meet her halfway.

My impression of my first kiss was that it was soft.

That and Madison tasted of cherries.

Despite being released, I could only stand there confounded. My first reaction was to lick my lips and confirm that she was indeed using cherry flavored lip gloss.

For once, I was truly lost for words. I wasn't aware that she had feelings for me, that she held a torch for me.

"I... erm..." My helpless look of confusion likely explained that this was something unexpected for me.

That I hadn't expected to be kissed and that this was my first kiss. After all, the first aid lessons where I had to practice mouth to mouth with Greg didn't count, one of the universal agreements of all the girls who had shared a class with him could and did agree to. There were lines one didn't cross if female, and sketchy boys like Greg was one of them.

Now her sigh was one of exasperation. "Did you think that you could play with my feelings like you have been without consequences?"

With the nature of how she felt for me delivered in a manner that was unmistakable, Madison headed back downstairs, an odd look of satisfaction on her face.

I could only sigh where I stood as I looked up at the blue sky above me with its puffy white clouds and the seagulls as they circled about on the thermals.

"I didn't ask for this." My softly spoken words were stolen by the wind as it whistled in from the bay.

- - -
    Goblin Queen | Changes happen
    Worm / Exalted

- - -​

He looked down. "Oh."​

He could feel the coldness moving up his body. His vision slowly narrowed down on what he was looking at, with darkness crowding the edges and crawling inwards to fill his world. The instincts that came from his hind brain and which had evolved over countless generations calmly told him that death was inevitable.

He was looking at his end, even if his mind denied it, screamed that he could and would live on.

All he had to do was...

... was ...

take another breath... and...

... and force his... body...

... to... move...

He looked down. "Oh."​

He looked down. "Oh."​

He looked down. "Oh."​

Ack, dxdragon, Trilonias and 7 others like this.
  18. OverReactionGuy

OverReactionGuy The only Sane one left

-claps hands-

HAHAHAHAHAHA!

Of course Mads is staking her claim!

Biigoh likes this.
  19. Chojomeka

And then Goblin Queen was a romantic comedy/Harem anime.

Biigoh likes this.
  20. Drak4806

Drak4806 Well worn.

Yay!!!

Biigoh likes this.
  21. Biigoh

Fuhuhuhuhuhuhu~

Well... Lisa should have been a proper girlfriend and not just the one people assumed was a girlfriend. :3

Prince Charon likes this.
  22. evildice

Lisa, here's the thing.

When you assume, you're supposed to make an ass of you and me.

But I'm not actually getting any ass.

Do you see the problem here?

Biigoh and doomlord9 like this.
  23. Biigoh

And then suddenly, Lisa is paired with an Evil Dice. :3

evildice likes this.
  24. bastur2

bastur2 Versed in the lewd.

The problem is that Lisa is Coil girlfriend.

Biigoh likes this.
  25. Biigoh

A coil x lisa x dice triangle? Scandalous!

bastur2 likes this.
  26. bastur2

She doesn't fool me. She put costumes for him, play in his Larps and read bad fanfiction because he asked.

I have friends that would kill for a girlfriend that would play RPGs with them.

Biigoh likes this.
  27. Biigoh

Lol... XD

Snake/Eater and bastur2 like this.
  28. Biigoh

On reflection.... this makes a horrible, horrible sense.

Especially when you consider that Coil is no longer about "sex" because that's so... boring, he's done it all behind the cover f his power and burned out on just sex. He's doing the James Bond Villain thing because it's something new and amusing. Or in Goblin Queen, he's going Savior of the World! because it's something new and challenging.

While Lisa is not interested in sex because it's TMI and she can't control her power while in the midst of smexing or so she says....

In a way... it's like Coil is Drakken, and Lisa is Shego. In terms of relationships. XD

Oh, god... now I'm actually seriously contemplating this... what has you done!

bastur2 likes this.
  29. bastur2

Just as planned

Biigoh likes this.
  30. Biigoh

You monster!

/me gives bastur2 a bag of potato chips so he can EAT THE POTATO CHIPS while writing!

bastur2 likes this.