1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Hanging a man

Discussion in 'General' started by Olive, Sep 25, 2013.

1. Olive

Olive Getting sticky.

[​IMG]
    No, not that kind.

My friend and I have recently, for lack of anything better to do, taken up playing hangman in any spare time, and on any surface that can be written over repeatedly. However I fear I'm slowly running into a metaphorical wall, as it's slowly becoming harder and harder to think up words that can trip him up.

So here I am, asking what I assume to be a group of well-read, well-mannered people for help. Any words that you think are esoteric, strange, or simply obscure would be greatly appreciated. The only rules are: No four letter words, no propper nouns, and in English.

Some words from the top of my head that we've already used- Surcrease, greave, cymbal, pavlovian, vinyl, wizen, addict and rivulet.

2. Silversun17

Silversun17 Connoisseur.

http://voices.yahoo.com/50-obscure-english-words-impress-friends-5039578.html

3. Selias

Selias Well worn.

Vasectomy.

4. Malcolmo

Malcolmo Insert custom title here

5. Master of Squirrel-fu

Master of Squirrel-fu The Original

6. enthalpy

enthalpy 大幻梦森罗万象狂气断罪眼!

Apotropaic. Deque. Theremin.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2014
  7. Disminded

Disminded Versed in the lewd.

Santorum.

8. Larekko12

Larekko12 Connoisseur.

Cartouche

Bombastic

Mathematical

Aphotic

onomonotopeia

Vulpine

9. Jack Trade

Jack Trade Chasing the Green Fairy.

glossophobia

10. OccularOctorok

OccularOctorok Getting out there.

Razzmatazz. For such a long word you would expect more unique letters than it actually has. On top of that, repeating Z's aren't very common, and assuming he even gets the right letter their placement will be a stumper.

11. Fallenblades643

Fallenblades643 Canned food pls?

Honorificabilitudinitatibus.

12. LoreOfClarke

LoreOfClarke Making the rounds.

I've always liked to start a game with Quiz. Four letters so they don't feel pressured, all unique so more guesses and neither of the contestants are common.