1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Kill Six Billion Demons

Discussion in 'General' started by Nervaqus987, Jan 23, 2015.

1. Gaemnomut

Gaemnomut Well worn.

Noooo, Cio, don't be like that....

I wonder what the others are hoping to steal. There are plenty of riches lying around, if they just wanted gold, they could probably take that.

MadKeyboard likes this.
  2. ZiPeppe

ZiPeppe (⌐■_■)

Evil guy is certainly not helping with that comment, which should not surprise I guess.

3. ZiPeppe

ZiPeppe (⌐■_■)

4. Gaemnomut

Gaemnomut Well worn.

5. ZiPeppe

ZiPeppe (⌐■_■)

s it just me or is the site down?

6. Valette-Serafina

Valette-Serafina Shameless Shadow

ZiPeppe likes this.
  7. TheOtherSandman

TheOtherSandman Well worn.

Alas, poor Felicia. Looks like her luck finally ran out.

8. Valette-Serafina

C'mon, Alison. Show some spine.

9. MadKeyboard

MadKeyboard is not a deviant; just the resident Xenophiliac

So, just checking to make sure it's not just a 'me' thing or something, but is the Kill 6 Billion Demons website just flat out not working for anyone else? Like, I'll click on the site, and it'll show me the most recent page fine and dandy, if not for the fact I just read the book, which is the first 104 pages [not 1'104, as iBooks lied to me], so I'm totally fucking lost. Try and click any other aspect of the page (Fact and Questiins, Daemoniac, Merch page, any other chapters, you name a thing on that site), and my browser tells me that nothing except that single page exists.

If I click anything there, it's a 403 error and says the URL doesn't exist.

Considering I rather liked what I read there, this news is a bit disheartening to see, because I really wanted to get into this webcomic.

10. DreamerGhost

DreamerGhost Just passing by

The site is moving or something. Meanwhile, Abaddon is posting comic on Tumblr.

MadKeyboard likes this.
  11. TheOtherSandman

TheOtherSandman Well worn.

Gaemnomut, ZiPeppe and MadKeyboard like this.
  12. ZiPeppe

ZiPeppe (⌐■_■)

You sir have been a great help. Have a like.

On to the comic... I think it would be funny (and posibly cool) if after all this build up and drama Allison manages to pull off a Dungeon Bypass Nanoha style :D.

MadKeyboard likes this.
  13. Nervaqus987

Nervaqus987 Well worn.

Update.

Not gonna lie, wasn't expecting him to pull this card this early.

ZiPeppe and Gaemnomut like this.
  14. 2 Hot Crown Subdues the Sinful

2 Hot Crown Subdues the Sinful Aris

So, what's the Alt-Text? Also, maybe he's doing it to stop her from fucking up.

15. Nervaqus987

Nervaqus987 Well worn.

"Oscar's tailor gets a lot of work."

You can see the page on the normal website. I didn't post a link because it won't move to the specific page location, just killsixbilliondemons.com and I don't like linking that way since it takes you to the most recent page.

16. Gaemnomut

Gaemnomut Well worn.

Whoa, shit is going down.

Also, I'm so looking forward to the moment incubus gets it, wicked cool though he may be :)

17. Biigoh

Biigoh Primordial Tanuki Moderator

https://killsixbilliondemons.com/comic/seeker-of-thrones-7-76/ << like so?

18. Nervaqus987

Nervaqus987 Well worn.

19. Gaemnomut

Gaemnomut Well worn.

New update is out.
    Fun times.

20. Nervaqus987

Nervaqus987 Well worn.

You know, I could have gone my whole life having never seen a man eating door's O-face and I would have been perfectly happy.

21. Valette-Serafina

And once again Alison proves to be completely useless to everyone around her.

22. Nervaqus987

Nervaqus987 Well worn.

I mean, being fair, Incubus did just hijack her body on her.

23. ZiPeppe

ZiPeppe (⌐■_■)

It could be worse. It could be that when the skull splits too, the chewed remains of Not-So-Lucky Felicia will fall on the floor and they'll have to walk over them as they pass through the door.

EDIT: Ooohh, what if when the door closes, it will b Felicia's face on the door. Forever trapped as guardian and lock of the door until someone else comes along and throw another sacrifice for her to chew on.

Accelerator likes this.
  24. Valette-Serafina

No excuse. She should know better than to let someone magically overpower her by now.

25. Nervaqus987

Nervaqus987 Well worn.

While that is nice to say, uh, Alison doesn't really have much in the way of options on that front.

Like Incubus said back when he offered her power, she doesn't know how to fight or to wield the Art.

She has power, but no clue how to use it. It comes in fits and bursts and leaves just as quickly.

26. Gaemnomut

Gaemnomut Well worn.

With the "sweet baby jesus, this is good" look of blessed reliefe on the door's face it could actually be true.
    Imagine being stuck there for years and years, and then, finally, your burden lifts and somebody else takes on the task of guarding the door.
    I'd probably have that look as well.

Also, I love oscar's face in the first panel. So great.

Also, also, look how dejected Cio looks in the first panel of the last row.
    Seems like she isn't too happy about how things turned out.

27. Valette-Serafina

Because she lacks conviction. That's been reinforced repeatedly.

28. Nervaqus987

Nervaqus987 Well worn.

She knows she needs to be resolute. She wants to be resolute.

Neither of those are the same as being resolute.

That's the trick when it comes to power systems like KSBD's. It's not enough to know what you need. You have to be. That's not so easy when it's a state of mind. It's very easy to say you're going to be convicted, to be determined and resolute. It's a whole other thing to actually be those things.

There's a lot of people in the world who look themselves in the mirror and tell themselves they need to be strong, they need to be confidant, that they can't back down. Then they fail, because it's not a switch they can just flip on or off.

That's Alison right now. Is she always going to fail is the real question. And that's not a question that can be answered right away.

29. Valette-Serafina

This boils down to both of us saying "She has a character flaw" in different tones. I am not willing to excuse her inability to grow. She's well past the point where these fuckups are excusable. At every possible opportunity she's had to show some mettle, she's shown the resolution of tissue paper.

30. Nervaqus987

Nervaqus987 Well worn.

I disagree.

How much time has gone by in universe between Alison having her bedroom door kicked in by Zoss and Juggernaut Star and her current infiltration of the Infinite Fortress? I'd be surprised if it's been a week.

Is that enough time to deal with her problems and grow beyond them as a person? To the point where she doesn't backslide? I don't think so.

Alison has shown moments of strength. When she challenged White Chain after the later returned to her armor the first time around. When she faced Vladok in that drinking contest. And most noticeably, when she defied Mottom and burned down her tree(although she did need a few words of encouragement from Zoss).

But yes, she has failed too and a lot of her actions have been from the desperate bravado of someone hoping if they don't look down, gravity won't notice they've run off a cliff.

Honestly though, I don't consider this a failure of Alison's. She let Incubus into her head and he's been doing shit like this for centuries. That he could put her in the old brain lock and she couldn't do anything about it is hardly unsurprising.

tl;dr: I disagree that her character flaw is inexcusable.

Gaemnomut and GLH like this.