1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Maribel Quest (Redux)

Discussion in 'Questing' started by enthalpy, Mar 25, 2013.

1. impossiblearchitect

impossiblearchitect Building 「that which is the strongest」.

Aw, I liked MokouQuest.

Oh well.

[X] A half-finished canvas, tantalizingly incomplete.

Just 'cause I don't recognize it.

2. Dinya

Dinya Know what you're doing yet?

So...
    You don't want Mokou on grounds that there was enough of her last time and vote for Byakuren, instead? ???

[X] A fan, swaying with an invisible breeze, surrounded by butterflies and cherry blossoms.

3. zeitgeist

zeitgeist Getting out there.

[x] A single white lotus, floating in the middle of a dark, tranquil lake of unknown depth.

4. impossiblearchitect

impossiblearchitect Building 「that which is the strongest」.

More like "Mokou has zero votes so far, sad day."

5. Redon

Redon the baka nerbie

Wait, what? There was a resume option, well fuck. I totally would have picked that if I had known. Wonder if it's too late to reverse the vote... probably.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2014
  6. nightblade

nightblade Gone for Good

Yeah gonna have to agree. It would have been nice to know that from the beginning.

7. enthalpy

enthalpy 大幻梦森罗万象狂气断罪眼!

It was there in the choices, and I'd thought it was clear enough. That said, I apologize for any misconceptions that may have resulted, and I'll wait another day in case people want to change their votes, I guess.

8. Redon

Redon the baka nerbie

Statements you had made around Spacebattles and the fact that knowing ALL the touhous is an exercise in futility, just had me put it down as an option that I didn't know (and going by conversation, nobody else could guess it either).

Well then, even though it sabotages my now alternative choice... change me to

9. MacroDaemon

MacroDaemon Know what you're doing yet?

Wait, we can pick up where we left off? Changing vote, now! Please let it not be too late.

10. EnderofWorlds

EnderofWorlds Versed in the lewd.

11. nightblade

nightblade Gone for Good

Changing to this.

12. Zasnul

Zasnul blah

Changing to this.

13. Dinya

Dinya Know what you're doing yet?

Changing to:

14. Redon

Redon the baka nerbie

Yay, a turnaround! *goes to get celebratory food*

15. nightblade

nightblade Gone for Good

Wait. Isn't Eirin still in gap space.

16. Redon

Redon the baka nerbie

Yes, she is.

17. Happerry

Happerry The Song to the Flame

18. enthalpy

enthalpy 大幻梦森罗万象狂气断罪眼!

Okay then. As a reminder to everyone: the archive of past story posts can be found here. The last choice made before we left off was:

[x] "Your assistance would be appreciated, I'm sure, but I have to wonder at the convenient timing."
    --- "Also, what you might want in return?"
    --- "We could do this the polite, roundabout, way, but let's cut to the quick, time is wasting, and I'd like to get the search started as soon as possible."

19. tzeench

tzeench Gap Mistress

This is back~?

Wonderful~ I had all but lost hope~

Put me behind [X] Empty canvas.

What made you decide to restart this?

20. dragonx99

dragonx99 Actually Satan

[x] Half Finished Canvas.

Yay~

21. enthalpy

enthalpy 大幻梦森罗万象狂气断罪眼!

[X] "Your assistance would be appreciated, I'm sure, but I have to wonder at the convenient timing."
    --- "Also, what you might want in return?"
    --- "We could do this the polite, roundabout, way, but let's cut to the quick, time is wasting, and I'd like to get the search started as soon as possible."

"Your assistance would be appreciated," you say, and Kanako stops and turns back around, looking at you expectantly. "However," you continue, "I do have to wonder about the rather convenient timing here."

Her smirk slips a bit. "I came as soon as I heard the news," she says, with a shrug. "I'm offering you help here. Do you really have the luxury of questioning my motives?"

Damn it. As much as you hate to agree with her, Kanako is right. You don't have the time to waste here wondering why she's helping you. The fact that she's made the offer is enough for you to accept it. At the same time, though, there's something off here. You can tell that she wants something from you, though you don't know what exactly that is.

"Just what is it that you want for your help?" you ask. "What do you want in return? We could do this the polite way, with weeks of negotiations and all that extra stuff, but I don't have the time for this - I need to get that search started as soon as I can."

"What do I want?" Kanako asks, amused. She brings a finger up to her mouth, looking up and pretending to think. You frown and tap your foot impatiently. The more she drags this on, the more you're tempted to simply ignore her and start the search, help or no help.

"I want a Favor from you and Yukari," she says, "at some point in the future." She smiles. "You don't appear to actually know where Yukari is, and considering the amount of time you'd need to spend to actually find her, I don't think that's unreasonable."

Byakuren opens her mouth to protest, but you cut her off with a wave of your hand. "I can't agree to anything on Yukari's behalf," you say.

Kanako looks vaguely disappointed. Maybe this was what she was aiming for? She shrugs. "A Favor just from you would suffice, I suppose. If you insist."

"And just what do you want me to do?" you ask.

She smirks again, a broad grin spreading across her face. "Ah," she says, "but that would be telling~" You're sorely tempted to light her on fire right now. Just a little bit wouldn't hurt, right?

[ ] What do you do?

22. MacroDaemon

Well, if we agree to give her a favor, I hope we will insist on some restrictions as to what it can be. Don't want her to have the right to ask for something that will harm our friends or Yukari/Maribel somehow. At least not directly, though at all would be preferable.

23. Redon

Redon the baka nerbie

[X] "As long as it does nothing that will cause harm to the people of or the interests of the Temple of Myouren, I will agree to your terms."

24. tzeench

tzeench Gap Mistress

[X] The favor must be within reason. Nothing that would hurt those at the temple, their interests, or take us away from it for long periods of time.

25. nightblade

nightblade Gone for Good

[X] The favor must be within reason. Nothing that would hurt those at the temple, their interests, or take us away from it for long periods of time.

26. Jiven

Jiven Most Excellent Lurker

27. MacroDaemon

28. ShadowAngelBeta

ShadowAngelBeta Well worn.

I just read the archive and all I have to say is "wow".

I'm not particularly good with words so I won't vote on this matter.

You know if Space is a boundary that means Time is a Boundary as well, just situated differently.

29. enthalpy

enthalpy 大幻梦森罗万象狂气断罪眼!

"The favor must be within reason," you reply. "I'm not willing to do anything that would hurt anyone here at Myouren temple or their interests. I'm not going to do anything that would take me away from here for a long period of time, either."

Kanako looks rather put out at that last condition, but, after a moment of deliberation, she nods. "I suppose I can agree to those conditions," she says. "So. It is decided. You have my help. How might Yasaka Kanako be of service?"

"Houraisan Kaguya has managed to..." You let out a shuddering sigh. Merely speaking about the events earlier today hurts to a degree that you had not thought possible. "... has managed to abduct Yukari." Kanako raises an eyebrow at that, though you note that she does not appear particularly surprised.

Byakuren speaks up, still looking a little irritated at Kanako's demands. "We've been discussing possible means that we might use to retrieve her from Kyoto, where Kaguya is currently residing, and presumably also where Yukari has been taken. If you have anything to contribute -" She frowns. "If you have anything to contribute, assistance would be welcome."

"Plenty," Kanako responds. "Kyoto and the other lands west of here are not part of my demesne, so my power to directly influence events there is, for lack of better term, extremely limited. However, I do have agents of my own, both in Kyoto proper and in the surrounding countryside. And while I cannot assist personally, I can send one of my subordinates here to help in any way possible, should you request it."

"And just who might this subordinate be?" you ask.

"The name would likely mean nothing to you," Kanako says, "although Byakuren here likely knows who she is. I am, however, willing to personally vouch for her ability and competence."

Byakuren sighs at that. "I think I had better get going. As long as you're actually helping, Kanako, you're welcome to stay for the time being. Come on, Aya. I have to go speak the villagers, and the sooner we secure your clan's help, the better."

Aya nods, and the two of them head off, leaving you alone in the courtyard with Kanako. Something about this seems to bother Byakuren, though you're not really sure what. You'll have to ask about that later. She does seem to trust you to handle this, though.

"So," Kanako says, once everyone else has left. "What's the plan?"

[ ] Planning and stuff.

30. Redon

Redon the baka nerbie

[X] Discuss what Kanako already knows of the Kyoto area, while heading to town as well, we will be needed to lead the Tengu to the abduction spot if they agree after all.
    -[X] Request to meet her associate if possible.
    [X] Continue the plan already in progress.