1. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice

Men of Touhou

Discussion in 'General' started by Yinko, Nov 10, 2019 at 5:42 AM.

Tags:
  1. Yinko

Yinko Versed in the lewd.

Given that at least half of all yokai, gods and monsters of all mythologies are men, is there any lore reason why the characters in Touhou are all women or is it just handwaved by the creators being a bunch of perverts? If you got inserted into that setting as a magical being, would there be any reason why you wouldn't be a dude?

january1may likes this.
  2. january1may

january1may Versed in the lewd.

...Well, as far as yokai go, a good deal of the big-name ones are explicitly female, and a good deal of the male ones are too evil?
    Not being familiar with particularly many types of magical beings appropriate for Touhou's setting that aren't explicitly female, I cannot actually answer this question.
    It's possible that I'd rather end up female than something too inconvenient but technically male if it comes down to those two choices, and I don't know enough to be sure that it doesn't come down to that (though I admit that more likely than not it indeed doesn't).

Besides, IIRC, some of the females can easily shapeshift into male forms?