1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

[RPG] Mine.chr (DDLC/Minecraft)

Discussion in 'Questing' started by Alien-Kun, Oct 23, 2020.

?

Which android should be added to the story?

Poll closed Apr 6, 2022.
  1. 9S

1 vote(s)
    6.7%
  2. 2B

11 vote(s)
    73.3%
  3. A2

3 vote(s)
    20.0%
  1. AlphaOmega

AlphaOmega I trust you know where the happy button is?

I know fuck all about Nier so I’m just voting for the Android that most appeals to me in looks. For the record I also didn’t vote for Nier in the previous vote.

2. Hexxy666

Hexxy666 excuse me going through a mental break

WE CAN DREAM

AlphaOmega likes this.
  3. Alien-Kun

Alien-Kun See this guy? This is Dumb. Don't be like Dumb.

Today's update may have to be delayed to tomorrow due to a few complications. Nothing to worry over, but I haven't had the time to finish writing and I don't want to split the update: it is a rather important one, so I feel it oughta be in one piece.

Also, I'm going to be changing the voting system a little bit for simplicity's sake... or at least I hope that it will feel simpler.

AlphaOmega likes this.
  4. Index: Day 15
    Alien-Kun

[X] Make a Plan Already
    -[X][Resources] Mining (1 hour, repeatable)
    --[X][Mining -> Search] Diamond (DC 15)
    --[X][Mining -> Search] Lapis (DC 13) x2

-[X][Resources] Forest (1 hour, repeatable)
    --[X][Woodlands -> Gather] Seeds (assorted)(DC 5)

-[X][Resources] Scavenge (2 hours)
    --[X][Scavenge -> Search] West (The Village, DC 5, DC 15 at night)

-[X][Resources] Hunt (1 hour, repeatable)
    --[X][Hunt] Mobs (DC 8, only in the evening)
    ---[X][Hunt -> Mobs] Creeper (DC 14)

-[X][Other] Build something (Write-in, refer to status threadmark)
    --[X][Wall] Fix (1 hour, repeatable, repairs 20%)
    --[X][Other] Second floor [4 hour, 45% Wood]
    Mining 1 (DC 15): 10+3 = 13 (fail)
    Mining 2 (DC 13): 16+3 = 19 (success)
    Mining 3 (DC 13): 6+3 = 9 (fail)

Seeds (DC 5): 11+3 = 14 (success)
    Scavenge (DC 5): 13 (success) (2 hours)
    Hunt (DC 14): 20+3 = 23 (crit success)
    -3d6+10: 17 kills

That morning was a productive morning… for a given definition of ‘productive’, considering that she’d spent three whole hours underground and the most valuable thing she’d found was a bunch of lapis. At least, iron and coal were always useful, and she could find those easily enough.

After that, though, her luck seemed to turn around a bit. The abandoned village still held some secrets, she was certain of it, so it only made sense to check more thoroughly.

Snooping around dead people’s houses always spooked her a little, but between Natsuki’s senses and the sun shining high in the sky, she was sure that there was nothing to fear… except creepers. Or endermen. Those could possibly still kill her if she wasn’t careful.

Regardless, there was nothing to be worried about as the trek to the village was just as uneventful as their scavenging. Sure, she wasn’t exactly hurting for resources, but some more clues over what to do would only help.

For now, she knew that the Nether was probably her next step, and that the key to get there was with the wizard. And since the man wasn’t around anymore… well, she could only hope that he’d made a spare of the tool needed to open the portal.

Her suspicions were rewarded by a stroke of luck. One of the walls of the house seemed… off, to her. She couldn’t quite put her finger on it, but there was something nagging at her whenever the wall was in her peripheral sight. Touching the wall only amplified the feeling, sending light tingles up her arm.

She blinked, realizing exactly what she was feeling. It was magic. Sure, she couldn’t tell exactly what it did, that would take a considerable amount of experience on her part, but considering that it was placed on a wall, it didn’t take a genius to figure out that it must’ve hidden something.

Her first thought was, of course, to dig through the wall. It was stone, after all.

The pickaxe banged against the wall, the block shining green for a short moment before she found herself flung backward. Landing on her ass with a whump, Monika realized that maybe brute-forcing her approach wasn’t the best idea.

Just for fairness’ sake, though, she attempted to cast Dig on the wall. As expected, it had no effect.

Without any better ideas, she buried her face in the wizard’s notes – had she really never bothered to find the man(?)’s name? – in an attempt to figure out what was going on before her.

Much to her dismay, the answer was painfully simple. She needed to place a very specific rune-based spell on the center of the wall. Rune was a component listed as a Master-grade, and the actual matrix of the spell was nowhere to be found. All she could find was a small note that the wizard had left themselves to remember it:

“The third storm that saves the burning land.”

…Which meant absolutely nothing to her.

But at least she had something to work towards, if nothing else. Maybe that ‘help’ that was supposed to arrive might help her figure it out.

To put the disappointment that was that expedition out of her mind, Monika dedicated herself to something completely different: namely, gathering new types of seeds. It was mindless work, but she did enjoy it for the possible chance to happen across a new type of crop.

“Maybe I should start working on expanding a bit?” She wondered to herself. “I don’t really have the space to plant anything else, and I still have that lettuce and cucumber seeds stashed away… man, I want a tomato soup now…” She internally grumbled, giving a glance at the tomato seeds she’d placed in the inventory, right next to the melons and a few pieces of sugarcane.

“At least I can make sweets regularly now.” With a sigh, Monika pushed herself to keep going.

It had been just over two weeks, but she’d already done a lot. She wasn’t going to let herself falter just because of some cravings… no matter how much that tomato soup sounded divine at that moment.

The smell of something burning reached her nose. At first, she thought that she’d simply taken a roundabout path to the portal’s remains, but after checking her compass – the way it pointed always to her home was a godsend – she realized that she’d actually gone in a completely different direction.

“There’s only two options here,” She mused, readying her bow in case anything chose to surprise her. “A natural fire, which I severely doubt, or someone was around to light a fire.”

No sounds of fire reached her, but the burnt smell grew stronger as she approached the source.

“An old fire, maybe?”

On one hand, she was right. There was no fire. The grass and trees were charred as if a bomb had gone off, but… the radius was very small. In fact, if she didn’t know any better she would’ve guessed that someone made a magical bubble and then set off a blast inside it. Or maybe–

Her theorizing screeched to a halt as she took notice of what was at the origin of the blast.

A young woman lied motionless among the destroyed portion of the forest, apparently untouched by whatever had caused the damage. She appeared unharmed, albeit her clothes weren’t free of damage, the black dress being ripped up and covered in ash.

Hurriedly putting away the bow, Monika knelt down next to the woman. She was maybe a few years older than herself, with pale skin and short white hair. Albino? Or just anime logic at work even there? She didn’t know nor care.

It was rather weird to see that her eyes were covered by a black blindfold, but she didn’t bother with that for the time being. Instead, she noticed how the woman’s hand seemed to clutch the handle of a broken sword.

The shards were lying around her, but in far too many pieces to be of any use. There was also some kind of mechanical contraption a few feet away: a white and black metal box with an in-built camera, and two bits that looked like arms coming out of the sides.

After putting the box and the sword’s handle in the inventory for safekeeping, Monika went to pick up the woman, stopping herself when she realized that she was still wearing Tenaci Dei. The metal gauntlets might hurt her…

“Wait a minute.” She blinked, looking at the gauntlets again. Pointing one of her hands at the woman, she mimed pushing her up.

The woman began to float.

With an amused shake of her head, Monika began to float the woman alongside her, making sure that she wouldn’t bump against anything along the way. Finally that “God’s Touch” ability was proving its worth!

After finally getting the woman back home, Monika went through the laborious task of cleaning up her guest as best as she could whilst making sure that there was nothing wrong with her. Thankfully, there didn’t appear to be any wounds as far as she could tell… she would prepare a golden apple just in case, though.

She usually didn’t make those things, as they cost quite a pretty penny – eight bars of gold was quite expensive in her opinion – but at least if there was anything wrong she could just have the woman eat the magical fruit.

…The wizard’s book said something about potions too, maybe she should look into that soon.

Nonetheless, with her yet-to-be-named guest safely tucked into her bed, Monika decided that she might as well be productive while she waited for her to awaken.

The ‘house’ was really just a wooden box, but it was small. With two people – possibly – living there for the foreseeable future, it would be about time for some extra room to be added. Thus… it was building time.

YoRHa Number 2 Type B, or more commonly known as simply 2B, found herself in quite the unusual predicament. Her memory banks seemed to be missing data for the last… minutes? Hours? She was unsure, her internal clock wasn’t responding.

“Comms are unresponsive, and so are optics.” A small amount of frustration leaked through her normally tight grip over her emotions, before being smothered out with practiced ease.

“Sub-optimal, but not the worst possible situation.”

Without her vision working, 2B was forced to explore the environment with her other senses. There was something soft and warm draped over her, and her body laid on a comfortable surface.

“A bed, perhaps?” She mused. “Did a Resistance android find me?”

That hypothesis was plausible, but… she’d detonated her black box. Shouldn’t she have been destroyed in the explosion and rebuilt in the Bunker?

The air didn’t have the same clean smell of the YoRHa base, though. It felt more… earthy. Natural. Similar to the more overgrown areas she’d witnessed, lush and vibrant with plantlife.

“Not on the sea where we self-destructed. Not in my quarters either. Then where?”

Her outfit had been changed, too, she’d just noticed. From what she could tell it was only a simple set of pants and a shirt. The texture was rough, but not wholly uncomfortable. Handmade clothes, then.

The Resistance theory seemed more plausible with every discovery. Now, if only–

Oh.

Pulling off the blindfold-like visor still on her face, 2B had to blink rapidly as her eyes grew used to the light in the room.

Embarrassment made itself known at the back of her mind once she realized that her optics weren’t, in fact, broken: it was just the visor.

Putting that moment out of her mind, 2B took in the room around her. It was small, barely with enough room for the bed holding her and an oddly cubic-shaped wooden box. On top of the box, she spotted the motionless form of Pod 042, which she quickly went to re-activate manually.

The Pod’s systems quickly turned on, and the support unit quickly assessed the situation.

“Pod 042 online. Currently supporting unit ‘2B’.”

The Pod’s voice, while as impersonal as always, was a pleasant addition for 2B.

“Welcome back, 042. I need you to scan the area for me. It seems like some of my auxiliary sensors are not responding,” the android asked, hoping to get some more information before attempting to escape or confront whoever had brought her there.

The pod simply floated in mid-air as it followed the order, responding a few seconds later. “We are currently in a wood-based building, ground floor of seventy square meters, and an upper floor currently undergoing construction. Sensors indicate movement in the upper floor, possibly the proprietor of the building.”

“Nobody else?”

“Affirmative. Size and sounds indicate a medium or small-sized female-model android. Other signatures northwest of the building match the details of large and small fauna.”

Considering the situation, it was likely that this lone android had come across the remains of her body and proceeded to fix her to the best of her ability, which while impressive wasn’t perfect, as evidenced by most of her non-essential systems being unresponsive. It was only fair of her to repay the kindness shown, unnecessary as it may have been.

Pushing the covers aside, 2B took a few tentative steps on the floorboards. Certain in her legs’ capability to hold her up, the android made her way outside of the small bedroom.

Beyond the door was a kitchen, or at least what looked like one. There wasn’t much in the way of appliances, although it made sense for an android’s dwelling: they had no need for food. Instead, she found a set of ovens… just as cubic as everything else she’d seen so far, in fact. It was definitely an odd stylistic choice, but 2B didn’t let it bother her: the building’s owner’s preferences were not hers to judge.

There was no way to reach the upper floor from what she could see from the inside, so she left the building.

The outside area was rather spacious, albeit cramped with structures and… farmland. Everything was also walled off, though 2B could presume it was meant to ward off whatever machine lifeforms approached the area.

“Hey there!” Came a cheery voice from above.

2B turned around, spotting an android standing on top of the house… well, the structure really. From the outside, she could see it was quite the slipshod work. It was definitely serviceable and sturdy enough, but there were several flaws she could spot.

Regardless, the unknown android’s hand lit up with a yellow glow for a moment, the light then spreading to the rest of her body as she jumped down to the ground. She stumbled upon landing, taking a moment to regain her balance.

“Hi! I’m Monika!”

2B was starting to miss Jackass. She may have been a bit insane, but at least she was used to that.

The revelation that Monika was, in fact, not an android but a human hit 2B with the weight of a Goliath. And the subsequent discovery that 2B herself was currently inhabiting a human body was almost disregarded as madness… until her newly-gained stomach made its hunger clear.

Monika proved herself a very hospitable host, making it immediately clear that she was more than willing to share with 2B everything she’d scrounged up during her time in the confusing place they currently found themselves in.

The former android still held her doubts that they’d been thrown into a place right out of a piece of old-world media at the whim of some sort of higher being… but when confronted with her current status as an organic being, the idea became slightly easier to accept.

Upon learning about the dangers that Monika had endured before meeting 2B, the white-haired woman found an unpleasant feeling in her chest, akin to a metaphorical claw grasping at her heart… or what she believed to be her heart, based on the knowledge of basic human biology all androids were given. She outwardly denied it, of course, when Monika noticed that something seemed wrong.

“There is nothing wrong, ma’am- er, Monika.” She caught herself at the end. It was a direct order, so she would follow it, android or not.

The girl hesitated. Then, she placed a hand on 2B’s shoulder with a small nod. “If you ever want to talk about anything, I’m here.”

With a nod of her own, 2B tried to dispel the emotion. She didn’t dare name it, for she was well aware of what it was already. She’d gone through it far too many times already.

When Monika stated that she was going to be hunting for a short while, 2B insisted on accompanying her. She required some convincing, but after being assured that 2B felt perfectly fine, she acquienced… not before giving her some tools, though.

2B had argued against a shield, as it wouldn’t mesh well with her normal combat style. She did take the armor and sword, even though it felt rather light in her hands.

In the end though, 2B may have underestimated Monika’s prowess and her knowledge of the… unsettling, to say the least, creatures that lived there. She had no idea why Monika insisted on hunting down the ‘creepers’ at first, but it quickly became evident when one of them exploded on the spot, sending her flying.

They managed to cull their population rather well if she did say so herself.

…She could’ve sworn that the moon was red for a moment. Perhaps her body was growing tired.

Roll: 16+2(traps)-3(Blood Moon) = 15 (30% damage)
    Wall integrity: 70/100
    Traps: 3 (not broken)
    Mining: 22/45 + 13+19+9 = 18 exp, +1 lv -> LV 10 18/50
    Farming: 8/15 + 14 = +1 lv, LV 4 7/20
    Melee: 17/30 + 12 = 29/30
    Archery: 11/15 + 12 = +1 lv, LV 4 8/20
    +41% stone
    +5% Lapis
    +10% Coal
    +6% Iron
    +1% Mana Crystal
    +5-45 (-40)% Wood
    +12-10 (+2)% Food
    +7% Gunpowder

Well then, we finally have the first proper ‘teammate’ so to speak. Before you ask: no, 2B or anyone else won’t have access to System. That’s way too much math for my tastes. I will be adding a new tab to the ‘Status’ threadmark, labelled ‘Team’. Refer to that to see how everyone’s doing.

Also, I mentioned it yesterday, but I intend to change the voting system. Please wait until my next post to vote, as I will explain there.

5. Alien-Kun

Alright, I mentioned that I will be changing how the votes work again. Yeah, Mr. indecisive over here.

Instead of the 'hour' system, I want to simplify it. We have three periods: morning, day, and evening. Pick one main action for each of those periods, as well as a secondary action. That gives a total of 6 actions total in one day, should be enough right?

Some things will become automatic, in exchange: fixing the walls and traps will be done even if you don't add it to the vote, but it will take the place of the secondary action if the wall goes below half integrity. I hope that's understandable enough.

Now, onto our 'team'. Now that there's someone else, you guys will have options. You can include in your plans an action that someone (in this case only 2B) will do on their own while Monika does something else. Of course, this action will need to be something they can do, which is where the 'NPC skill' system comes into play. In the Status threadmark, our allies have a section dedicated to their skills. The skills go from 1 to 5, and certain actions will be walled off by a minimum skill level. You can have them do the thing anyways, like sending 2B to explore a place that requires Exploration 5 while she has Exploration 3, but don't expect much.

Of course, having someone with Monika will make her chances better, so long as said person can help in some way.

I'll detail the options now and you guys can pick.

[Harvest]: Main action
    -[Harvest] Wood [ ]
    -[Harvest] Food [ ]
    -[Harvest] Minerals [ ] (write-in what)
    -[Harvest] Hunt [ ] (Write-in what)

[Exploration]: Main action
    -[Exploration] North (Dense oak and birch forest) (Required: Exploration 2) [ ]
    -[Exploration] South (Plains and mountains) (Required: Exploration 1) [ ]
    -[Exploration] East (River and forest) (Required: Exploration 1) [ ]
    -[Exploration] West (Beyond the abandoned village) (Required: Exploration 3) [ ]

[Training]: Secondary action
    -[Training] Melee [ ]
    -[Training] Acrobatics [ ]
    -[Training] Archery [ ]
    -[Training] Magic [ ]
    --Learn a new component (refer to Status) [ ]
    -[Training] Farming [ ]
    -[Training] Red-Engineering [ ]
    -[Training] Attempt new skill [ ] (Write-in)

[Other]: Secondary OR Main action
    -[Other] Build something (Tools are Secondary, Structures are Main. Refer to Status threadmark for options.) [ ]
    -[Other] Something else [ ] (write-in)

If you want, you can make a secondary action into a main, dedicating a larger chunk of time to it. Here's an example of what I'd like you guys to do in the votes, if it's alright.

Morning:
    -Harvest: Wood [X]
    -Training: Melee [X] (With 2B)
    Day:
    -Training: Magic [X] (With 2B)
    -Training: Magic [X] (With 2B)
    Evening:
    -[Harvest] Hunt [X] (Spiders) (With Natsuki)
    -[Other] Something else [X] (Storytime with 2B)

This is just an idea for a possible plan. With this one, the morning is split between harvesting wood (as the main action) and training your melee skill with 2B (as the secondary action). Then the afternoon is spent wholly on training magic with 2B. The evening feels self-explanatory.

If you have any questions feel free to ask away, I'm here for you guys.

6. Alien-Kun

Just realized that I forgor. If you want to send someone to do something on their own you can add an extra action in the slot for that time and add in brackets (Only 2B) or whoever else.

AlphaOmega likes this.
  7. Alien-Kun

Y'know guys, I think I will end up with an infamy for writing the weirdest crossovers and crackfics.

Like, we have Mine.chr, which is pretty fuckibg weird you gotta admit.
    Next I wrote Hell in a Crapbasket (links below), then we have a oneshot I posted on my snip thread about DDLC x Madness Combat, now I'm working on another snippet that is just as bullshit.

Well, to be fair it feels less like I do a lot of whacky stuff and more that I write a lot of niche content. But let's be honest, the well-known stuff is overdone. My LoZ fic is the only one I could call a 'large' fandom.

8. Ryan Lozano

Ryan Lozano Versed in the lewd.

It’s back

Alien-Kun likes this.
  9. zebrin

zebrin Chopping trees down, and making elves cry.

Hmm, that is much simpler. I do like that.

[X] Plan to be? No 2b.
    -Morning
    -[X] [Other] Upgrade Wall : Area Large (Adds empty space for three structures) [120% Stone](With 2B)
    -[X] [Other] Get to know 2b. (With 2B... obviously.)
    -Day
    -[X] [Harvest] Minerals: Stone
    -[X] [Training] Red-Engineering(With 2B)
    -Night
    -[X] [Harvest] Minerals: Diamonds
    -[X] -[Training] Magic (With 2B)

Upgrading the wall would have taken 12 hours before, is it still a single major action to do now? If it is, then disregard the remainder of the day's actions and just build the wall.

AlphaOmega likes this.
  10. AlphaOmega

AlphaOmega I trust you know where the happy button is?

[X] Plan to be? No 2b.

11. Alien-Kun

Let's say that large-scale building (like upgrading the wall) counts as 2 main actions if alone, and 1 main if Monika gets help. So this is fine.

By the time we have the next update I'll have polished up also the building options to account for the new time system. Barely had the time to finish writing and post today, so... yea let's just use this 'houserule' for this plan.

12. Hexxy666

[X] Plan to be? No 2b.

13. Index: Day 16
    Alien-Kun

[X] Plan to be? No 2b.
    -Morning
    -[X] [Other] Upgrade Wall : Area Large (Adds empty space for three structures) [120% Stone](With 2B)
    -[X] [Other] Get to know 2b. (With 2B... obviously.)
    -Day
    -[X] [Harvest] Minerals: Stone
    -[X] [Training] Red-Engineering(With 2B)
    -Night
    -[X] [Harvest] Minerals: Diamonds
    -[X] -[Training] Magic (With 2B)
    Build roll: 13
    -2B: Building 0 [0/2] obtained

“This makes no sense whatsoever,” 2B mused in sheer monotone, staring at the walls that Monika was placing.

The brunette suppressed a chuckle at the – apparently – older woman’s flabbergasted expression, going to keep placing blocks instead. “I know. Nothing here makes sense, except it sorta does just enough to not seem like a complete fever dream.”

2B remained silent for a short while, her mind still failing to comprehend how Monika could place a block of stone no larger than her palm and somehow it would enlarge into a full cubic meter. An exact cubic meter, down to the nanometer, according to Pod.

But remaining motionless wouldn’t help anyone.

“How does this work exactly?” She asked, moving closer to observe Monika’s work.

“It’s pretty simple really,” Monika shrugged. “All you have to do is take a block from the inventory–” a piece of stone appeared in her hand “–and then put it where you want it to be.” She placed the block above another, the small piece enlarging to full size after Monika removed her hand from the ‘impact zone’.

Of course, the issue came with the ‘inventory’, as Monika called it. 2B did seem to posses such a… ‘feature’, was the best way she could describe it. It responded to her intent readily, and for all intents and purposes it behaved exactly as Monika had explained before.

Didn’t stop it from weirding out 2B every time she thought of it.

The former-android replicated the girl’s motions, placing another block of stone to the walls. It was surprisingly satisfying.

The duo found themselves working on expanding the walls, slowly but surely engulfing more and more of the surrounding landscape in their self-proclaimed ‘kingdom’... albeit that part was all from Monika.

2B had to admit that the young woman had a sort of infectious cheer to her. She didn’t hesitate to goof off and proclaim the most absurd things, but it was all said with such genuine glee that she couldn’t help herself but egg her on… quietly. Emotions were prohibited, after all. But if emulating them would help Monika’s own mental state, then that rule could be disregarded.

…It didn’t help that she kept being reminded of 9S whenever Monika began to ramble about whatever topic was on her mind.

Harvest roll: 15+3 = 18
    -2B: Harvest 0 [0/2] obtained
    -Monika: Mining 10 (36/50)

“Brothers of the mine rejoice! Swing, swing, swing with me!”

Monika’s pickaxe swings matched the tempo of her song, echoing around the cave. She’d insisted that they gather up some stone to make up for what they had to use earlier, and 2B saw no reason to interject. It was better to have and not need, after all.

“Raise your pick and raise your voice! Sing, sing, sing with me!”

What did confuse her, was that Pod seemed to know the song as well. Apparently a piece of media from the mid-twenty-tens, it was rather widespread over the internet… and somehow, about ten thousand years later, it had found its way in Pod 042’s data banks.

“Down and down into the deep, who knows what we’ll find beneath?”

“Diamonds, rubies, gold and more, hidden in the mountain shore!”

…At least Monika was enjoying herself.

Red-engineering roll: 12
    -2B: Red-engineering 2 [0/6] discovered!
    -Monika: Red-Engineering 4 (17/20)

“This practice appears to bear a stark resemblance to electrical engineering. An introductory course to the subject is present within my data banks. It may prove helpful.”

Every time, 2B was surprised by all the things that Pod 042 had memorized. It was almost like it had no rhyme or reason beyond whimsical fancy… but couldn’t be right, of course.

The way that Monika kept playing around with this ‘redstone’ material was rather intriguing, especially when the young woman admitted she could make other, more complex components, if not for a lack of materials.

While Pod began using the nearby wall as a projector, 2B made a mental note to try and track down a few of those ‘slime balls’.

Harvest roll: 15+3 = 18
    -2B: Harvest 0 [1/2]
    -Monika: Mining 10 (54/50) -> Mining 1* (4/10)
    +1 Mining Perk!

Monika blinked, her pickaxe freezing mid-swing.

…Well that was nice. Now, should she get a new perk, or improve Night Vision? Decisions, decisions…

Magic training roll: 3
    -2B: Magic 0 [0/2] obtained
    -Monika: Magic 4 (16/20)

In the end, Monika didn’t so much train magic as she ended up giving her best explanation of how it worked to 2B and Pod. At least she got the chance to brush up on the basics… which was kinda all she knew, but that was besides the point. Progress was progress, however small it may be.

Night roll: 20+2(traps)-3(Blood Moon) = 19 (10% damage)
    Wall integrity: 90/100
    Trap integrity: 1d4(1) = 4 (not broken)

Small update this time, I’m afraid. Got a little caught up in a new project, so I ended up pushing this back until the last day… today. Even if, to be fair, I didn’t plan out all that much for this update in particular.

Do you guys think I should try making updates a bit smaller and try to post more often? I think I could afford it with this quest, even if not as often as HDN (the new quest, link in my signature). Honestly the only reason I wanted to have a whole week between updates was the isnane amount of math I needed to do to plan out this quest, and then the even more insane amount that YAIG takes.

-120% +36% = -84% Stone
    +6% +9% = +15% Iron
    +6% +4% = +10% Coal
    +4% Diamond
    +5% Wood
    +1% Mana Crystal

14. Alien-Kun

-[Harvest] Wood [ ]
    -[Harvest] Food [ ]

-[Exploration] West (Beyond the abandoned village) (Required: Exploration 3) [ ]

-[Training] Melee [ ]
    -[Training] Archery [ ]
    -[Training] Magic [ ]
    -[Training] Farming [ ]

-[Other] Build something (Tools are Secondary, Structures are Main. Refer to Status threadmark for options.) [ ]

This was my bad, but 2B and Natsuki gained 1 Stat Point each since last time. Feel free to pick them out now. As well as Monika's new perk point.
    -[Nats] Power [ ]
    -[Nats] Agility [ ]
    -[Nats] Toughness [ ]

-[2B] Power [ ]
    -[2B] Agility [ ]
    -[2B] Toughness [ ]

-[PP] Night Vision 1/4 -> 2/4 [ ]
    -[PP] New Perk [ ]

15. Alien-Kun

dabs in no votes

quest ded?

16. HamShenanigans

HamShenanigans Know what you're doing yet?

Question. Do we have the resources to make a floating island defensive base?

17. Alien-Kun

LMAO I didn't expect this kinda question by a long shot. Lemme see...

Hmm... if wood can be used to make up for the lack of stone, and the area underneath to be lit up (unless you intend to build it above the walled area, in which case it's already lit), then I think so. I want to say it would take a total of 100% materials between stone and wood (in whatever ratio, doesn't matter to me) in order to make something workable. A platform may be enough for flying enemies, but you'll want walls in order to not let skeletons shoot up, and a ceiling to not let Phantoms in.

Endermen might make their way inside, unless magical precautions were taken (or, more simply, the ceiling were low enough).

I'd call it as taking two main actions though. It's a lengthy project.

18. Hexxy666

DAMMIT
    I'll get a vote up soon again.

Catch covid and this series updated during it, kek

19. Hexxy666

-[Harvest] Wood [ ]
    -[Harvest] Food [ ]

-[Training] Melee [ ]
    -[Training] Archery [ ]
    -[Training] Magic [ ]
    -[Training] Farming [ ]

[X] Panic Attack
    -[X] Morning
    --[X] Primary - Monika and 2B collect some Food.
    --[X] Secondary - Monika trains in Farming, 2B trains in archery.
    -[X] Day
    --[X] Primary - Monika and 2B dig out a moat, or at least a deep ditch. Adding and removing the ladders to the door every night is more safe than having them pound the walls every time.
    --[X] Secondary - Monika gets Minerals, stone specifically. 2B gets Wood.
    -[X] Evening
    --[X] Primary - 2B and Monika Hunt for Slime.
    --[X] Secondary - Monika learns some Magic and 2B gets some Melee training in.
    -[X][Nats] Agility
    -[X][2B] Agility
    -[X][PP] New Perk

20. HamShenanigans

HamShenanigans Know what you're doing yet?

One last question, what version of minecraft is this? Cause the plan panic attack makes me think of lining the bottom of the moat with Dripstone

21. Alien-Kun

Consider the version to be 'yes'. Let's call it a self-correcting world.

22. zebrin

zebrin Chopping trees down, and making elves cry.

Don't we already have a moat?

23. FullNothingness

FullNothingness Experienced.

It is listed with the wall yes...

24. FullNothingness

So Alien-Kun we have iron tools and sheep... But we don't have a wool income? Do we need to do a dedicated sheering action? Or do we not have shears included in our tools?

25. Alien-Kun

I would like you to consider this third option:

"Until proven otherwise, QM is a moron."

Yeah I didn't realize that it should be a thing back then and forgot entirely... this quest makes me wanna rip my hair our ngl.

26. FullNothingness

Okay then... Working under the assumption we have enough wool for the training field upgrade.

[X] Training and future traps
    -[X] Morning
    --[X] Primary - Build something
    ---[X] Training field: Average
    --[X] Secondary - Spar together with 2B to increases melee/combat skill. Make some wooden practice weapons if needed.
    -[X] Day
    --[X] Primary - Harvest Redstone
    --[X] Secondary - Monika redstone engineering. 2B goes for a walk around the base to familiarize herself with the area.
    -[X] Evening
    --[X] Primary - 2B, Monika and Natsuki Hunt for general hostiles. Help 2B become familiar with the local threats and clear out some attackers before it gets completely dark.
    --[X] Secondary - Monika learns some Magic and 2B gets some Combat training in.
    -[X][Nats] Agility
    -[X][2B] Agility
    -[X][PP] New Perk

I figure we'll be doing a fair bit of combat training in the near future since 2B is kinda specced that way and it is kinda important. So afterwards test the new resources out by sparring with 2B.

IMO getting some more redstone is a good idea since that lets us get upgraded traps that give both a bonus to our night rolls while also being much less likely to break meaning we'll waste less actions/resources on them. Maybe we'll find enough diamonds down there to get diamond tools so that we can proceed with the obsidian quests but that only takes a very small amount of diamond so I think focusing on redstone is fine. The traps also need redstone engeneering 5 so we should train that since we are almost there. 2B can check out the area since the middle of the day should be safe and she is the one who has tactics so she might have some insight if given time to look around at our setup.

Finally we still have a quest for killing mobs and 2B is on the edge of leveling up so lets grab the chance to run around killing mobs under semi controlled circumstances. Helps 2B get used to the local threats and helps us all get more powerful before something bad goes down again. Afterwards try to get magic to 5 while 2B practices some more.

For the points I figure agility would help nats and 2B deal with their new armor. Also while nightvision is nice something that helps production is probably useful too and odds are decent mining perks have that.

Alien-Kun is this a valid plan?

27. Alien-Kun

Yeah it's perfectly fine, and there is more than enough wool. If assuming 0.5% each adult sheep, that's 2% a day. We've had the sheep for 13 days (yes I went back and counted) so you should have 26% wool stocked up. Gonna add that in real quick.

Also for some reason I forgot that baby animals do, in fact, grow, so expect that number to change.

Lord Derp and zebrin like this.
  28. infinityDivided

infinityDivided ******** of Doom

To be fair, this is a SFW Quest on QQ. This is not exactly the place to post a Quest if you want consistent or constant audience participation.

TheH34then666 likes this.
  29. Alien-Kun

Should've said that to the me of 1 and 1/2 years ago buddy.

I think I figured as much by now.

infinityDivided likes this.
  30. infinityDivided

infinityDivided ******** of Doom

Why did you start this Quest here anyway? I can see why you didn't post it in the NSFW section (although you probably could have gotten away with it), but even a year and a half ago this part of the Board was practically stagnant. Why not have started it on SB or SV?