1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Mister Fluffyface

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by tEN, Nov 23, 2016.

1. tEN

tEN Mischief Maker

It was with a splitting headache that I awoke. It is a rare cat that enters the Umbra, but the rarity goes down quite a bit when you count those for whom it was an accident, like myself. We all have a bit of that innate affinity for secrets gifted to us by Gaia herself, and what is a mysterious entrance to a magical realm but a great secret? I received a double helping, so it was little wonder that, upon finding a musty scroll detailing how to claim a place and make it mine, I had to try it. Nor is it any wonder that when a rabbit darted past, I chased it, crossing the line I had previously traced, and fouling it. It is no wonder still that this had a rather nasty backlash, dumping me in the Umbra, where my body was flooded with more magic than any mortal or even fera is meant to take. There is no mystery how I came to awake with this headache, which somehow makes it worse. If it were a mystery it would at least be fun. No, this is a thing to be dreaded and feared by all of my kind. Consequences for your actions.

I shook my head to clear it of the last lingering traces of my magical overdose. This did not work and just made me nauseous. I groaned and didn't throw up. At all. Not even a little. I considered briefly, and decided that if I had, I wouldn't eat it off the floor of this alley. I valiantly decided that it was time to go hunt breakfast in a diner somewhere, and shifted some garbage around to hide the evidence of my presence, and then went fully feline because cats are awesome. I strolled about for maybe five, ten minutes before I had to concede that I had no idea where I was. As I was clearly not lost, this meant that somebody stole the city while I was asleep and replaced it with a different one. The fiends. It also, according to the half-broken billboard outside the bank with all the bars on the window, was three something four in the morning. Perfect time for breakfast. I love getting an early start, because then I can nap through the most baleful hours of the day star. In the distance, I heard shouting. This was clearly important and I should drop everything to go find out what was going on.

When I got close, I briefly considered my "not-lost" stance, given that the twin rulers of Figaro were arguing. I decided that if some fiend stole the whole world and replaced it with a different one, that didn't make me any more lost than if they just stole the city. "Good morning," I warmly greeted them in my best voice. They startled and looked at me. Oh, right, I only changed my vocal cords back.

"Mog!" "Umaru!" They attempted to recognize me at the same time. I decided that this was close enough.

"Yes, it is I, the secret lovechild of Mog and Umaru Fluffyface. Please just call me Mr. Fluffyface, as I hate the first name that my parents have saddled upon me."

"Was it Reginald?" Damn that perceptive Edgar!

"Maybe," I denied.

"Mister Fluffyface, we were about to find Terra and fight some Merchants. Do you want to come?" This is why Sabin was always my favorite.

"Would I?!"

Prince Charon likes this.
  2. d.fish

d.fish Lés Bien

Holy crap that coloring must have taken a while?

3. tEN

tEN Mischief Maker

What coloring?

4. d.fish

d.fish Lés Bien

The text.

5. Prince Charon

Prince Charon Just zis guy, you know?

There's a website that will do it for you, but I've forgotten the address. I hope he used something like that, rather than doing it manually, but if not, I'm very impressed with his patience and perseverance.

d.fish likes this.
  6. d.fish

d.fish Lés Bien

Ohhh...

7. tEN

tEN Mischief Maker

Hex colors are soothing.