1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Mobile Games

Discussion in 'General' started by Selias, May 23, 2021.

1. Hyp3rB14d3

Hyp3rB14d3 Violence!

It looks like they released the original version of Rockman X Dive on Steam. Which I will not be getting, as my computer has about as much computing power as a Playstation. (As in the original Playstation, not any of the more powerful systems that followed. I get a better gaming experience off my iPad.)

2. Selias

Selias Well worn.

Damn it. It's not available in the US. Which sucks, because the lag when using a Switch Pro controller is fucking terrible, so I'll have to shell out $60 for a PS4 controller.

On a semi-related note, I fucking hate Maoh the Giant. Maybe he'd be easier without having to struggle with fucking screen controls, but in 1-6 Hard and the boss arena, he keeps getting me down to 25% health and below, so I can't get the 3-star clear.

3. Hyp3rB14d3

Hyp3rB14d3 Violence!

Are you using the sub tank dive skill? It lets you restore a quarter of your health once during a stage.

4. Selias

Selias Well worn.

I was not. I had completely forgotten about Dive Skills, and hadn't been doing anything with them.

Of course, after leveling it up to 28, I didn't need it anymore, because a full-powered Electric Spark was enough to let me defeat Maoh the Giant with 80-90% of my health left. Still, I guess it'll be useful later on.

5. Selias

Selias Well worn.

Having been playing it for about a month now, I'm happy to say the Mega Man X Dive is still enjoyable. Still not a fan of the on-screen controls, though, but I don't want to she'll out $60 for a controller for a system I don't have, in the hopes that it works better than a Switch Pro controller.

6. Megaolix

Megaolix Moderator

So apparently, we have Blue Archive opening globally on the 8th.

There's also Revived Witch that will launch and have EN as well on the 10th. But it's Yostars so I don't doubt we will have translation shenanigans.

Selias likes this.
  7. Hyp3rB14d3

Hyp3rB14d3 Violence!

Really enjoying Halloween Pandora on Rockman X Dive. She’s something of a monster in melee, and has a special that allows her to approach an enemy at absolutely unfair speeds. Managed to snag her with one of the free ten pulls they’re doing for Halloween.

Apparently, the global version got Halloween Aile instead.

8. Megaolix

Megaolix Moderator

Well, for the latest two games...

Revived Witch hit hard on the old SNES RPG experience with its graphics. Map exploration is not hard and so long as you keep your levels up, you are not going to be stopped in the main story. Can't say most characters will have much of an impact on you however, having minimal appearances in story. Heck, what you summon for your party are Doll versions of them. Also, grindign to make them stronger kinda suck with how much ressources you must invest.

Blue Archive is basically Priconne 2.0. The characters are hilarious and memorable. On top of that, you have mini relationship stories with each student too as affection rise. The story is not super serious like most gacha games you see, but it works for what it does. Gameplay is very understandable adn while you'll want to go on auto, manual is easily doable if you want to do stages auto cannot handle.

Character max levels are tied to your account level however and you rise that by raising AP. So you'll eventually get stalled until you burn enough stamina... Unless you want to spend the gacha currency to recharge stamina, but I doubt that is what is wanted. Otherwise, automatic clearins for stages fully cleared are very, very fast if you just need to grind drops on a stage.

Gacha may suck a bit too and you don't want to roll much in the beginning to save for exclusive banners. Even if you feel the pain of needing more characters to accomplish what soem otehrs cannot (Characters can have terrains they prefer to fight in and also terrain they do not like to fight in. Then there is damage type versus armor too).

Selias likes this.
  9. Hyp3rB14d3

Hyp3rB14d3 Violence!

Seriously?! The dive festival for the character I wanted just popped, and I’m 5500 EM short! I’ve got a week before the festival ends! That’s not enough time!

Edit: Five days left to get 3800 EM, and I’ve already burned through all the easy EM sources! I’m not going to make it!

Edit 2: Four days left, and I still need to get 2710 more metals!

Last edited: Nov 20, 2021
  10. Hyp3rB14d3

Hyp3rB14d3 Violence!

I feel dumb. As it turns out, there’s a character combination that makes it easy to stomp one’s way through both story mode and Jacob’s Orbital Elevator.

Massimo. At one star rank, it’s possible to set it so that both of his special attacks generate a shield. When paired with the Sting Chameleon chip, which makes you turn briefly invincible upon being hit, and the Batton M-501 card (the bat card), which, when paired with a green card, allows you to recover hp by killing enemies, Massimo becomes insanely tanky, and can pretty much just plow through large groups of enemies while taking minimal damage.

The good news is that I’m pretty sure I’ll be able to gather enough elemental metals now.

Selias likes this.
  11. Selias

Selias Well worn.

Figured I'd make an update on the games I've mentioned in this thread.
    -Still love Fate/Grand Order and Guardian Tales.
    -Same with Touhou Lost Word. The gameplay is pretty basic, but the story and characters more than make up for it. You can tell that the developers really love the original setting. Or at least, that's how it comes across to me.
    -I've pretty much dropped Disgaea RPG, only logging in to get the daily rewards (when I remember to). It's got a somewhat interesting story (it's original), but the gameplay is just... ugh.
    -Lost interest in Konosuba Fantastic Days, too. I liked the story (it's got an original story, rather than just adapting the anime's story to gacha game format), but, once again, the gameplay drove me away.
    -Still enjoying Mega Man X Dive, though the controls are still horrible.

12. Hyp3rB14d3

Hyp3rB14d3 Violence!

That’s why a controller is necessary. Trying to play Megaman X on a touch screen without any tactile feedback to tell you where the buttons are is awful.

13. Selias

Selias Well worn.

I tried a Switch Pro controller, but the lag was unbelievable. I don't want to spend $50 bucks getting a PS5 controller to see if it works better.

14. Hyp3rB14d3

Hyp3rB14d3 Violence!

Fair enough. I’m using a PS4 controller, as I already had a PS4.

Edit: I cracked. After accidentally spending 1000 EM on the wrong roller (my cat was distracting me, and I unthinkingly selected the one with the picture of third armor x instead of the one that actually has a pity counter), I realized I wouldn't be able to make it within the timeframe after all. So I bought 2000 EM for $40, then burned all my EM on the correct roller to make sure I didn't repeat the mistake at some point. I am currently one roll short of using the pity counter to grab the character I want. I should be able to get him today.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2021
  15. Selias

Selias Well worn.

I've been playing Another Eden for a few days, now, and it's pretty good. It really has that old-school JRPG feel to it, albeit with a slightly gimped battle system. More like a JRPG with some gacha elements, rather than the other way around, you know? That said, I'm only about halfway through Chapter 4 (maybe Chapter 5?), so no guarantees that it stays this good.

EDIT: Apparently I was on Chapter 8. I have now finished Chapter 9. Still great, so far.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2021
    llat-2 likes this.
  16. Selias

Selias Well worn.

See? This is what I was talking about when I said it seems like the people behind Touhou Lost Word actually care. They could have done the bare minimum for an auto-repeat. Instead, they created this beauty.

[​IMG]
    You can even choose whether to battle a certain number of times, or just keep going until you run out of stamina.

EDIT: Oh, by the way. While this is a gacha game, it's incredibly f2p-friendly. The most out of any game I've played. While you technically need duplicates to limit-break your Friends, you can also use Paper Dolls, which you can get five of per month, just by logging in and doing the daily missions. Not to mention that most events (of which there's only a few days max between the end of the last one and the start of the next, so far) give you a couple. The exception is for the Ultra-Fes Friends who need Divine Paper Dolls. Even then, you can get a few from the semi-rare login events. I've managed to fully limit-break one Ultra-Fes Friend, and I've got a couple saved up for if/when I get Lunar War Marisa (hoping there will be a rerun).

The Seal Crystals (gacha currency) are also really easy to get. It costs 50 SC and 15000 yen per pull, and every event so far gives you about 100 SC by completing all of the missions, including Hard and Nightmare (easy enough with a few good Friends at max level/stats) mode.

Really, the only thing you pay for are costumes, paid banners (guaranteed to give at least one Friend, but otherwise the same as the non-paid banners), and speeding up the growth of your Friends.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2021
    llat-2 likes this.
  17. Hyp3rB14d3

Hyp3rB14d3 Violence!

The Global version of Mega Man X Dive is running the Monster Hunter crossover event. (This, after Nebula Joy stated in an interview that they weren’t going to bring the crossover events to the global version.) Said crossover has free daily ten-rolls, one-off characters who are only available during this crossover, one-off weapons that are only available during this crossover, one-off cards that are only available during this crossover, a unique event, and an S-rank sword that can be crafted in the research lab from parts gathered from the aforementioned event.

18. Biigoh

Biigoh Primordial Tanuki Moderator

Early access now... For HW mobile

19. Biigoh

Biigoh Primordial Tanuki Moderator

Looking at the review of Homeworld Mobile... looks good, like a PC game...

20. Selias

Selias Well worn.

Echoes of Mana seems okay, so far. The controls are a bit janky during battle, and it seems like you'll have trouble getting full points for the missions with the f2p party members starting in chapter two.

That said, the controls aren't bad enough to make it unplayable, they just make you attack above or below the monster you're fighting, sometimes. Plus, it has an original story, rather than being a Gacha adaptation, which is always a plus.

21. Megaolix

Megaolix Moderator

Oh right, this was out.

However, I noticed something and I suppose you are the best placed to answer me: Are there interactions with the characters summoned or are they simply different combats bots for you to use, to put it simply?

22. Selias

Selias Well worn.

Nope, they're just combat boots.

23. Megaolix

Megaolix Moderator

Yeah, kinda what I expected, given there are different version of characters for elements.

Guess that's a pass for me. As good as the gameplay may be, lack of that kind of thing to make it feel special for a mobile game is a hard line for me. And I'm pretty damn sure gacha plans for the future will be higher classes units while at it.

24. Smurfpapa

Smurfpapa Verified Blue

I have a neat hex based dungeon crawler called Hoplite, you can play the story mode for free and a one time purchase which was 5usd for me after a google play discount, unlocks a randomizer that has two difficulty setting s and hundreds of levels and also a lot of achievements that unlock new powers.

25. Hyp3rB14d3

Hyp3rB14d3 Violence!

I got Dive Armor X! And he’s amazing! A buster that bypasses terrain and an offensive barrier that does damage to enemies, prevents status effects, and heals you at the same time?! That’s ridiculous!

Selias likes this.
  26. Hyp3rB14d3

Hyp3rB14d3 Violence!

They put out activation codes for a free Rathalox Armor X and a free 10-pull from the permanent hunter capsule for the global version of Mega Man X Dive. The activation codes are as follows:
    MMXD8G15
    MMXD3G6C
    MMXDG5C4
    MMXD5G6C

The codes should result in a total of 40 Rathalox Armor X memories (enough to unlock him) and 10 permanent hunter tickets. Apparently, the codes expire later today, so there's not a whole lot of time left on them.

Selias likes this.
  27. Hyp3rB14d3

Hyp3rB14d3 Violence!

They put out activation codes for Hunter V.

HNTRVCD
    ANTHRVCD
    1MRHNTRV
    FNLCD4V

Each code should give you 10 memories for Hunter V, which will be enough to unlock him. Like with the Rathalos Armor X codes, they’re set to expire soon.

Selias likes this.
  28. ByronVasquez

ByronVasquez Getting some practice in, huh?

Totally get the struggle with computing power. Mobile gaming FTW, right? And being F2P with a hoarder's heart – that's a challenge!

Speaking of challenges, have you ever explored paid to play apps? I've been curious about those that offer a different gaming experience. If you've got any recommendations or if you're up for trying out something new, let's swap gaming tips!

Last edited: Jan 3, 2024
  29. wanara009

wanara009 (Soon-to-Be) Monkey God

FGO is... *sucks in air*... Well, you can try it. Lots of the low-rarity units in that game are wholly viable even to the current endgame. See Honako Green for proof. However, currently the game is very dead in term of reruns, so you're bound to miss a lot of good stuffs.

Try Azur Lane aswell. It's by far the most F2P friendly mobage in market.

30. SnarkLord

SnarkLord Experienced.

*accidentally stumbles onto the forum*
    ..huh...this is nice..
    More gacha exposure is always a good thing when it's good games....

Can confirm. Being a complete F2P is an easily accomplished thing, and events/banners for the good stuff are nicely spaced out.
    Heck, only reason I'm not a true F2P there is due to my hoarder nature wanting everything so got more dock space...

As to other game recommends...

Counterside for one.
    Korean gacha with interesting story, decent pity mechanics.
    It's a limited control sidescroller where the only input you have is when you deploy characters as well as triggering their skills/ults
    It has a somewhat intimidating amount of different resources but also has a well maintained wiki that covers all the units and mechanics incthe game here

Seconding the Arknights recommend

There's GF Neural Cloud, a recent adittion to the Girls Frontline universe...can't comment much as I'm a new player but it's a fun game

PGR is an awesome action game that WILL have you make at various stages, but it has great story, and excellent combat mechanics

Obligatory mention of Hoyoverse games. Personally extremely biased to Honkai impact, but overall they gave excellent stuff

Lastly...while it was only unveiled recently and it's in development...freely admit I'm already hyped for Project Nornium

Edit:sand realized autocorrupt ate some of my links..he eillcfix it when I'm on pc...

Last edited: Feb 28, 2023