1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Nameless [ZnT/?] Quest.

Discussion in 'Questing' started by Chibi-Reaper, Mar 6, 2013.

1. serapheus

serapheus Eep~

[X] "Oww, what was that for? I was just asking for help..." Shake the fluff out of your head. "Quick, if we don't get rid of the messenger I'll be expelled! You have to help me!"

2. Lilithium

Lilithium born in 1900

[X] "Oww, what was that for? I was just asking for help..." Shake the fluff out of your head. "Quick, if we don't get rid of the messenger I'll be expelled! You have to help me!"

3. Chibi-Reaper

Chibi-Reaper D-Donations plz?

Yeah, I'm going to politely re-phrase 'get rid of' to 'catch up with'. For the sake of not implying you're trying to talk her into gunning a royal messenger down on the roads.

4. Vindictus

Vindictus Experienced.

... But OOC, I totally was.

Darn. Oh well. No comical misunderstandings for us T_T

5. Chibi-Reaper

I already gave you the one.

>Sweaty
    >Red-faced
    >Panting
    >Crazy eyes
    >Desperation in tone
    >Initiating unexpected physical contact

Leaving entirely aside what you said, but the fact that Tabitha is friends with Kirche made it a clincher.

6. mc2rpg

mc2rpg Versed in the lewd.

Isn't that exactly what we are trying to do? Why else would he give us the paperwork?

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2014
  7. Chibi-Reaper

Because Osmond gave you a signed and sealed slip of paper saying 'Whoops I goofed, give this to her and she'll bring it back and you can take the rest of your shipment on.'

8. mc2rpg

Pesky Osmond, stealing our justification for murdering a royal messenger.

9. Larekko12

Larekko12 Connoisseur.

[X] "Oww, what was that for? I was just asking for help..." Shake the fluff out of your head. "Quick, if we don't get a message back from the messenger I'll be expelled! You have to help me!"

10. macdjord

macdjord Well worn.

[X] "Oww, what was that for? I was just asking for help..." Shake the fluff out of your head. "Quick, if we don't get a message back from the messenger I'll be expelled! You have to help me!"

11. R.A.G.

R.A.G. Well worn.

12. Malcolmo

Malcolmo Insert custom title here

13. MacroDaemon

MacroDaemon Know what you're doing yet?

14. GoC

GoC Know what you're doing yet?

[X] "I need to get a mistaken message back from a messenger or I'll be expelled! Help me!"

15. Chibi-Reaper

[blockquote]Rolled 1d6 : 3, total 3[/blockquote]

[blockquote]Rolled 2d6 : 4, 2, total 6[/blockquote]

16. R.A.G.

R.A.G. Well worn.

...wut.

17. Chibi-Reaper

=>> Help me Charlotte d'Orleans Tabitha. You're my only hope.

The pained shriek of outrage is cut off just like expletives. You can't afford to waste time arguing.

"I need to catch up with that message... it may already be too late! I cannot be expelled now, not when everything-!"

"Why?" Tabitha says, bluntly.

"Wh-? Weren't you watching just now, I-!"

"No. Why me?" Tabitha restates, looking uninterested.

"You have a dragon." You point out.

She stares you down like a cold ghost in an ice storm.

"... Not my problem. Busy." She says, stiffly, shifting the book in her arm.

You have no choice.

"Please!" You say, the word feeling drawn from you as by tongs and pliers.

She stops for a moment, frowning.

".... Roll dice." She decides, after a few long moments. "Win, and I will have Sylphid help. Lose, and I will finish my book."

That cold-hearted-!

Better than an outright no. Still better than simple denial.

She holds out two dice for your selection. You take one and roll. Then wince. Just....

The other clatters down. Just topping the number.

"You lose." Tabitha says simply. Then turns and walks away.

"But-!"

"Not my problem." Tabitha affirms again. "Bargain with Sylphid directly. Or not."

A less polite 'stop bothering me' isn't actually spoken. But the sense of it still lingers in her words.

You feel your nails digging into your hands.

---

[ ] ??

18. mc2rpg

I would rather deal with Sylphid than owe Tabitha a gigantic debt anyways.

19. Biigoh

Biigoh Primordial Tanuki Moderator

[X] Bargain with the dragon... fine!
    - - [X] You'll show that bitch!
    - - - - [X] With the knowledge and experience you have with mother's manticores and big sis's "pets", you go to the kitchen and get food for the dragon as bribes...
    - - - - - - [X] Talk to the dragon and entreat Sylphid to help you...
    - - - - - - - - [X] Flight of the Louise!

20. Larekko12

Larekko12 Connoisseur.

[x]It's a dragon. You know dragons. Just be calm and friendly and promise it lots of juicy red meat and scratch that place behind the frill like catteleya showed you.

21. Lilithium

Lilithium born in 1900

[X] Explain the situation to Sylphid and promise nice, tasty, red meat as payment if she helps you.

22. Dinya

Dinya Know what you're doing yet?

Tabitha cheated!

23. MacroDaemon

MacroDaemon Know what you're doing yet?

[X] Give up, find a convent and become a nun.

24. R.A.G.

R.A.G. Well worn.

[X] Explain the situation to Sylphid and promise nice, tasty, red meat as payment if she helps you.

25. Malcolmo

Malcolmo Insert custom title here

[X] Bargain with the dragon... fine!
    - - [X] You'll show that bitch!
    - - - - [X] With the knowledge and experience you have with mother's manticores and big sis's "pets", you go to the kitchen and get food for the dragon as bribes...
    - - - - - - [X] Talk to the dragon and entreat Sylphid to help you...
    - - - - - - - - [X] Flight of the Louise!

26. Lilithium

Lilithium born in 1900

q-q can we please be nice to the nice 'wind' dragon?

27. Fallenblades643

Fallenblades643 Canned food pls?

[X]Its a dragon and I want it to help me!
    -[X]Lets bribe it!
    --[X]Raid the kitchen for all the meat we can and bribe the shit out of that dragon!

28. Chibi-Reaper

=>> Animal lover enthusiast tolerant.

Well, when it comes down to it, you'd rather deal with one of Cattelya's animals than a human, anyway. Beasts are simple enough to understand. A serpent, for example, basically just wants a sunny spot on a rock and a live mouse now and again, perhaps scaled upward for size. Lizards are similar. Dragons... can't be too different, right?

You burst through the kitchen in a cacophany of excuses and chattering and are out again with a few large, fresh, and dripping steaks before the servants have the time to gather their wits about them and question your presence.

You try not to think too much on the fact that you're rushing headlong into the forests to track down a predator many times larger than yourself. While carrying an armload of fresh and fragrant meat.

This can't go wrong in any way, right?

.... Less than ten minutes later, you realize that you have been flanked and circled by a pack of feral hounds.

Not good. Worse, in fact, than if they were wolves. Wolves might attack humans, but they are also easily scared off because they fear them. Dogs, by contrast, are familiar with man and so aren't so easily frightened away. Something that would have a wolf fleeing for the underbrush might have a dog leap for your throat.

Which that one just has-

It is interrupted by the snap of massive jaws closing down like a bear-trap, and only manages a sharp and surprised yelp before the dragon crunches further down, and swallows. It only takes another bite before the dog has disappeared and the hounds have bounded for cover as it thumps out before you.

.... It's certainly very big. Well, from a distance, it seems quite small and it's easy to misjudge size even with Tabitha on its back. Up close, the dragon seems quite large.

"Kyu?" it chirps quizzically, staring down at you, and you're reminded that if it could devour a large dog like that in two bites, it would take perhaps three for-

You get your trembling under control, and hold out the steaks.

"Kyuuui~" the dragon croons, nipping them carefully out of your hands as you breathe a sigh of relief.

"... I need to find someone, quickly." You say, trying not to think about how stupid you feel, addressing an animal like this as you edge closer to its side, looking for a handy spine or horn to grip and bring yourself up with. "Can-?"

You don't scream, as the dragon's head swings around and you hear teeth clicking together behind you. But it's a near thing. And then you're in the air, and come down on its back, breathing heavily.

The dragon chirps again before it starts to run, crashing through the forest before it comes to a clearing and leaps, beating its wings strongly...

And airborne.

---

[ ] ??

dogbertcarroll and gammoregan like this.
  29. Vindictus

Vindictus Experienced.

Well, that actually worked. Color me impressed.

Now, to buisiness-

[X] Take care of that messenger!

30. Lilithium

Lilithium born in 1900

[X] Reach the messenger before it's too late!