1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Nanoquest: It's the littlest things that matter most. (HxH)

Discussion in 'Questing' started by Liam-don, Apr 21, 2013.

1. R.A.G.

R.A.G. Well worn.

screw it, its seems QQ dice love the taste of our tears.

2. Biigoh

Biigoh Primordial Tanuki Moderator

Or it's just PIPEMAN!!!!

3. Bloodshifter

Bloodshifter The Bio-Armor Lover

4. Pipeman

Pipeman Well worn.

PIPEMAN!!!

Not that I don't like cheering for myself, but why are we doing this again?

(4:53:31 PM) ***Biigoh auuuuuus~
    (5:02:27 PM) Liam-don: nice roll Bii
    (5:02:50 PM) Liam-don: A whole 3 pts better than Pipe
    (5:06:11 PM) ***Biigoh rolls about~
    (5:06:56 PM) ***Biigoh denies the existance of those rolls~

5. Biigoh

We ish bored?

6. Liam-don

Liam-don Fondly Regard Creation.

Acknowledged: Workers will interrupt current augmentations. Begin replication.....

Complete. All 500 e9 Workers will return to Respyrocytes production. Time to reach host's original erythrocytes count (3 e13 devices): 50 minutes.

Notice: While current objectives will provide an improvement in oxygen delivery of 20 to thirty percent, new observations have confirmed than a higher count could be introduced within the Host's bloodstream without adverse effects and a significant increase of the host's endurance. For reference, 9.54 E14 Units count could provide tissue oxygen delivery and carbon dioxide removal indefinitely at hard exertion, 12 minutes at peak exertion and 3.8 hours at rest even during cardiostasis. Estimated Production time: 1 day, 2 hours and 30 minutes.

Orders?

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2014
  7. Biigoh

[X] Advise Host Ponzu of estimated time of upgrade.
    - - [X] Also provide information on what the upgrade would do for her.
    - - - - [X] Be prepared to start upgrade at her allowance or stick with original upgrade.

8. Pipeman

Pipeman Well worn.

- - - - [X] Be prepared to start upgrade at her allowance or stick with original upgrade.

9. Tackyseven

Tackyseven I trust you know where the happy button is?

10. R.A.G.

R.A.G. Well worn.

also I just realized I could do this: Q-Q dice

11. Liam-don

I seriously need to stop writing my posts in the reply box. :(

12. R.A.G.

R.A.G. Well worn.

Oh lost one? :( that always sucks.

13. Bloodshifter

Warp took it.

14. Torgamous

Torgamous Official Matsu

Highly recommended.

15. Carrnage

Carrnage Well worn.

Liam-Don Don't give up! You can do it! Believe in yourself!

16. R.A.G.

R.A.G. Well worn.

Listen up, Liam. You don't have to believe in yourself. But believe in Us! Believe in the Fanbase who believes in you!

17. Torgamous

Torgamous Official Matsu

It'd also be worth believing in Lazarus Form Recovery or a similar program.

18. Liam-don

'Mistress.'

"Sean." She says flatly.

'As you impressed upon us the urgency of your request, we have take actions to accelerate the completion of your respiratory augmentation. After upgrades and units redistribution, our new timetable ranges up to a little more than a day.'

"That's a good news at least," she sighs tiredly. "But did you absolutely have to ruin my peaceful bathtime over this?"

'We apologize. You have been more conformable addressing us through speech rather than thought and we deduced it would be better to approach you while you were alone.'

"Yeah, the "voice in my head" thing isn't really working out for me," she admits. " But you're not going away anytime soon, are you?”

'In your current condition, it would be quickly detrimental to your health.'

“Of course it will.” She steps out of the shower and grabs a towel.

'Indeed. The goal of matching your red blood cell count should be reached within the hour.'

Ponzu boggles. “One hour?!”

'Yes. This should significantly increase your stamina.'

“Is that so? I'm a pretty good runner, you know.” She turns toward the bathroom's mirror with a frown. “But you said a day before. Why the huge difference?”

'Originally, we started production at a limited rate while we waited for your red blood cells count to decrease naturally, to ensure no strain on your circulatory system. Later observations confirmed that your bloodstream could support a very large number of additional units with no ill effects, with performance increasing proportionally. For reference, the introduction of 6e14 devices would increase your blood's oxygen storage capacity by a factor of 180 while staying at a safe viscosity level .”

“In practical terms, that means..?”

'That many devices would be enough to steadily and efficiently provide your muscles tissues in oxygen to the point of making muscle fatigue negligible in all but the harshest physical efforts. Peak exertion should be able to be fueled for 12 to 15 minutes instead of a handful of seconds.'

The green haired girl blinks at her reflection. “Okay. I definitely could use that.”

'It could also supply your tissue in oxygen for hours in case of cardiostasis.”

“By which you mean cardiac arrest.”

'Indeed.'

“Nope,” Ponzu says determinedly, drying herself with a vengeance. “Your casual creepiness isn't going to keep me down any longer.”

'I do not understand.'

The girl buries her face in the towel. “That might be the saddest thing about all this.” She put it down and starting dressing. “Anyway, you said you could introduce 6E14 devices in my body without making my heart explode. Are you sure about that?'

'Positive.'

“Then you don't have to replace my red blood cells, do you?”

'Not at the moment, no but a thinner blood would facilitate our collectives future expansion and help our travel within your body.'

'Let's leave that for later. For now, I want my red cells renew themselves as they should. For that matter, that goes for the white blood cells too. Let them come back.”

'If we follow that directive, the chances of an extremely virulent reaction from your immune system are very high. The consequences to your health would be severe.'

“I'll deal with it,” the fully clad girl says meaningfully. “I'm not planning on becoming a robot. Is that clear?”

'As a peaceful, clean lake.'

She puts on her hat. 'Good.' She thinks at us.

Now complete, she steps into the bedrooms. Megumi rolls on her bed and ends up staring upside down. She holds a deck of cards in the air and says timidly. “Do you play rummy?”

Ponzu plop down next to her. “ Teach me?”

---------

“Whooooooooo!”

A few hours before sunset, A sandstorm warning was issued for the night, demanding passengers to stay in their room and let the passageways free.

Megumi was disappointed that she wouldn't get to see the storm from the main hall's, but vanished the first time the cyclonic winds swoop the sandsteamer's side so harshly they lifted the gigantic land vessel until it was standing on a single thread.

The scattered cards are forgotten in favor for standing on the room's inner wall. “ Look, I'm a spider!”

“Geez, how old are you?” Sitting on the edge of her bed, one hand securely holding her hat, she looks down at the bubbly asian girl.

'Mistress, how can you keep so calm while we're on the edge of a disaster?'

Judging from the rapidly ascending field of vision. Ponzu has rolled her eyes. 'Relax, it'll be alright.'

As she says that, the wind dies down, and the behemoth fall back on its bottom with a mighty crash, creating a wave of sand so massive it cover the porthole entirely for an instant.

Megumi dives for her mattress at the same time, and quick weight shifting puts our Host on hers.

Megumi grins. “One more! One more!”

“Enough, you! You wouldn't be laughing so much if you're were on the lower level. Their furniture isn't bolted down.”

“True, they even thought of mattress straps.”

Suddenly, the steady staccato of sand against metal is muffled by dull, heavy booms the echoes along the hull. “Rocks?” Megumi asks

“We must have hit a rocky area.” Ponzu replies. “This may be bad. The small won't get through the hull, but those winds are more than strong enough to toss boulders at us.”

Megumi nods. “Maybe we should get out of the room? Getting further in would be safer.”

[]Suggestions?

19. Torgamous

Torgamous Official Matsu

[X] Moving away from potential flying boulders would be advisable.
    [X] If she doesn't like the voice in her head effect, we could scroll text across the bottom of her vision instead, or with a little work we could probably input relevant information directly into her brain.

20. Bloodshifter

Wow 1 bad and 1 Neutral roll is all it took for Ponzu to rescind all our Precious inroads to Cybermen 2.0?

21. SolipsistSerpent

SolipsistSerpent Endlessly Devouring

Do not suggest the bolded part. We want her to be okay with heavy cyberisation so let's minimize the creepy factor.

22. Guile

Guile Clothes That Kill Virgins

Hm, and now we run into the problem of actually opening dialogues with our Host. Safer, but it does make us subject to her whims. Do we allow her to dictate something that would very likely physically impact her, in the worst case scenario actually killing her?

I'm kind of inclined not to do the white blood cell thing.

Maybe once we've properly infested her bees and can freely inject ourselves into other Hosts, her value will lessen to the point we can accept her potentially hurting herself.

23. Liam-don

Well, unless you get bogged down in a trench warfare with the immune system the likeliest consequences will be high fever, violent headache, muscle ache, sore throat, evertything-ache, a runny nose, intense sneezing, coughing and general tiredness as the immune system goes into overdrive. Not the end of the world, as long as you stick to your bed and get lots of fluid.

24. serapheus

serapheus Eep~

[X] Don't follow host directives regarding white blood cells yet. Just don't bring them up again. Ponzu is safer with us at the helm until we re-engineer the white blood cells to be properly non-hostile to us.

25. nick012000

nick012000 Gone for Good

Are we sure that the booms are boulders and not, say, artillery cannons being fired at us' or bandit vehicles/giant monster conducting a boarding operation?

Also, a question for the GM: is it possible to create 'cyborg' white blood cells, wherein the biological pool rations of a white blood cell are under the command circuitry of an implanted nanobot?

26. SolipsistSerpent

SolipsistSerpent Endlessly Devouring

[X] Don't follow host directives regarding white blood cells yet. Just don't bring them up again. Ponzu is safer with us at the helm until we re-engineer the white blood cells to be properly non-hostile to us.

27. Liam-don

It starts with something of a penalty. Ponzu is a strong willed, flexible-minded and very pragmatic young lady, but all that is already syretched thin by the reality of an out of control hive of creepy crawlies loose in her body.

@Nick: Yeah sure, you could set somthing up directly in the bone marrow to infect wbc. That said, most of them don't have anything to do with you.

28. Balatro Philologus

Balatro Philologus Still finds own avatar hilarious

On the other hand if we do as she requests with the white blood cells and she gets sick (hopefully just the flu stuff) it could go towards establishing a better relationship with her (we did tell her but she insisted so we complied and she ended up feeling horrible vs. she didn't end up feeling sick (we must of been exaggerating/ credibility shot ) and maybe she finds out we ignored her on this and stops trusting us to do what we say we will (tentative trust shot) ) which is possibly not worth it on so minor a matter (we can get the immune system to ignore us with about the same resources as it takes to replace it and baring crit fail the most she has to worry about is flu like symptoms if Liam-don is to be believed)
    [X] Follow host directives regarding white blood cells. Start researching means to work with and around the hosts native immune system.

29. Carrnage

Carrnage Well worn.

Well We don't have to tell her do we? after all its for her own good. :D
    [X] Follow host directives regarding white blood cells. Start researching means to work with and around the hosts native immune system.

30. nick012000

nick012000 Gone for Good

We might also want to start tinkering with her brain chemistry a bit to suppress the "that's creepy" reactions that she tends to have towards us. Not only will it improve harmony between us, but it'll also make her happy because she won't feel creeped out by having a colony of microscopic robots running through her veins.