1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

New Fate Anime

Discussion in 'General' started by Heaven Canceler, Feb 1, 2014.

1. Guile

Guile Clothes That Kill Virgins

I would do terrible, terrible things to secure a Taiga route.

2. WarShipper

WarShipper You really will be.

I really really really really really really really really really hope it's Ilya Route, or failing that, Taiga Route.

Neither get enough love. It's why I love Chaos Theory so much.

3. Silver W. King

Silver W. King King of Adventures

I want Gilgamesh to be a Master and summon Enkidu. Because why the fuck not?

4. Vindictus

Vindictus Experienced.

Because that sort of thing is just unsporting.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2014
  5. Silver W. King

What's unsporting? It could add an interesting debate and character interaction.

Another scenario of course is the Sajyou Ayaka Route or the Fem!Gil Route

Yeah, you know what. I obviously need to go to sleep. Good night.

6. Vindictus

Vindictus Experienced.

Dude, Gilgamesh alone can apparently lolstomp everyone else if he gets serious.

Imagine what would happen if it was, instead, Gilgamesh and his equally OP sisbro Enkidu [Apparently Nasu thinks being a beastman=being of indeterminate gender. HOW SURPRISING] were both fighting.

They would lolstomp everything.

Completely unsporting.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2014
  7. Silver W. King

That would be the case if Enkidu completely agrees with Gilgamesh, and works with him.

8. Smuthunter

Smuthunter Begone Thot!

They'd be more likely to just bail on the whole thing and not give a shit.

9. John At Dawn

John At Dawn Seeker of Answers

Gil and Enkidu's Bizarre Adventure.

I'd watch it.

10. nick012000

nick012000 Gone for Good

For some reason, Type Moon decided to send takedown notices on those videos. Why of Earth they'd want to take down free advertisements for their upcoming show is beyond me, though I did find another copy of the second one. I'm really liking the animation they've revealed, though; it really drives in how superhumanly fast the Servants are. It sort of reminds me of Man of Steel that way.

11. Heaven Canceler

Heaven Canceler Behind You!

Enkidu was without a sexual appearance in real world mythology I think. It got tricked by the goddess of Beauty with the power of sex to get turned civilizated! After doing it for 7 days and 7 nights, Enkidu took the form of the female harlot and went out to beat up Gilgamesh, or something like that.

12. Darkened

Darkened Experienced.

Looking at the preview for the series, it seems to be advertised as a sequel to the Fate/Zero anime rather than a remake of the original.

Since Fate/Zero setup up most all of the major plot points of the original, I'd expect that they'll address most of them. IE: Points from every route will be brought up regardless of which way they go.

Because I want this to be good, I'm going to hope that it's not a "X route+other stuff thrown in" setup but rather a new route that ditches the idea of Shirou being the PoV character.

Or rather, I'll go out on a limb and hope that the new anime bounces around perspectives of everyone involved just like Zero did.

After all if this is the continuation of Zero rather than the original story, then the audience is already expected to know that being Sakura is suffering, that Gilgamesh is lurking in the background, that Kotomine is a bigger asshole than he appears, that Rin has daddy issues, that Zouken is an even bigger asshole than Kotomine, etc, etc, etc.

Rather than simply banking on the original's popularity and simply redoing what's been done, I'd much prefer a story that admitted most of those twists from the get-go and brought them to the light from the beginning. Give Rin, Sakura, Kotomine, Caster, etc their own arcs and tell a story much more similar structurally to Fate/Zero.

At the same time this ideal construction would feature Shirou's issues prominently and effectively and really get into the breakdown of a hero that the original source material did.

Granted, that would be really hard and this is such a cash cow franchise, so they'll probably just remake Fate.

13. EnderofWorlds

EnderofWorlds Versed in the lewd.

It's already been confirmed that it's going to be a new route written by Nasu that's basically everything you wanted that you stated in your post.

14. Legend of Ruina

Legend of Ruina Moderator

So floating ideas and attempting to synthesize a prediction we have Illya route quite possibly with Saber Lily. You have Gilgamesh get worfed by Caster and Saber working together which leads to sudden team up between Rin and Illya as negotiated by Shirou's cooking. Quite possibly have Saber pulling off an underpowered Excaliblast on Berserker early in the route before the betrayal that only kills him once. Lancer serves as the surprise final boss after Archer gets killed by Saber because she really needed to kill all servants of that class available and then Berserker kills Saber thanks to God Hand's whole adaptive trick that constantly gets rendered useless in the other routes allowing him to tank Excaliblasts easily. This route planning brought to you by sleep deprivation.