1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

On Linking via SV/SB

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Bugs' started by Scalehome, Jan 26, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Scalehome

Scalehome Unsummoned

So as we all know SV & SB have a x amount of clicks required to not be able to access NSFW content but there's a neat little way to allow linking to QQ despite this using a specific redirect page. it sends users coming from the sister sites to a different page where, my idea is that they have to check a number of boxes where they acknowledge they're about to enter an NSFW site before they can proceed. This would, rather than rules lawyer or undermine the SV/SB rule for linking, perfectly uphold it. It makes sure no one from SV or SB will accidentally enter an NSFW site, but simultaneously allow links to QQ.

Thoughts?

searcher8 likes this.
  2. Biigoh

Biigoh Primordial Tanuki Moderator

3. alethiophile

alethiophile Shadowed Philosopher Administrator

The only way you can access NSFW content on QQ is if you're already logged in. I'm inclined to think signing up for an account here constitutes as much acknowledgement as you could want that you're going to see NSFW material. But I'm not sure what SB/SV think of that idea.

4. Scalehome

Scalehome Unsummoned

They don't allow linking since various NSFW content can still be accessed from the "recent posts" on the front page, iirc. I'll see if I can find a quote on it from somewhere if you want.

So here's what SB staff has said in the past:

Last edited: Jan 26, 2019
  5. tehelgee

tehelgee The stern gaze of justice. Administrator

It cannot. Someone without an account will not see those entries on the Recent Posts widget.

Scalehome likes this.
  6. Scalehome

Scalehome Unsummoned

Yeah you're right, I misremembered it. I added a new quote with actual citations from Felix3D

To summarise, the problem seems to be that the standard for what is NSFW vs SFW is laxer on QQ than on SB which means that they class it as NSFW even though it's on QQs SFW.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2019
    ShadowStepper1300 likes this.
  7. Scalehome

Scalehome Unsummoned

[​IMG]

This is the sort of thing I envision, for the record. Also bumping in case you missed the edit I made to the previous posts.

alethiophile likes this.
  8. alethiophile

alethiophile Shadowed Philosopher Administrator

I'm not opposed to the existence of such a thing, but I'm not sure how it could be easily implemented here. I certainly don't have the time to write it from scratch into the Xenforo code.

Scalehome and january1may like this.
  9. Stormwhite

Stormwhite Mwee

I can actually answer this, for SV.

Provided you mark a link as NSFW and the content directly linked to does not violate SV's rules - I advise you read up on Rules 2 & 6, those are the biggest variances - there's no issue with directly linking.

EDIT: In short the functionality OP is asking for is not actually needed for SV, there's no two-click rule and explicit content isn't de facto banned at any rate.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2019
    january1may and MissileTeatime like this.
  10. january1may

january1may Versed in the lewd.

As mentioned, there's actually surprisingly much commonly-considered-NSFW material on QQ that is technically on the open forums, i.e. accessible without an account, because it doesn't actually cross QQ's line of NSFW. At least two Slut Life fanfics come to mind (as does Panacea Quest).

That said, pretty sure Ack's signature on SV links to his Vote Thread (which is technically on QQ) directly, so there's that. Forgot what his SB signature does with it...