1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

OOC: Power and Purpose (RWBY/Dragon Ball Z SI RP)

Discussion in 'Questing' started by Toxinvictory, Jul 25, 2017.

1. Slayer Anderson

Slayer Anderson Orthodox Heretic

I don't think toxin would allow just plain switching to a preferred character, but if two players had mutual problems playing their premades, they might be allowed to switch. Maybe.

Still unlikely, though, and I was mostly joking about it.

Albus Leo likes this.
  2. rick1497

rick1497 Well worn.

Using exclusively martial arts for melee combat in this world feels like it defeats the purpose of the RWBY fusion.

3. Bashful_Walrus

Bashful_Walrus I trust you know where the happy button is?

Well there are ways to help that like you could get a pair of gauntlets to use in conjunction with the Briefcase allowing you to toss up your untransformed weapon and blast them away with massive punches ala yang them blow them away with the main weapon

4. Toxinvictory

Toxinvictory I trust you know where the happy button is?

Number 4 is still open, I will write a character sheet shortly. Glad to have you taking part and welcome to the game.

i will post an IC thread shortly and then we can begin.

Sorry trading to a preferred character is out barring abnormal circumstances. Let's do a bit of the game first and if your still unhabby we can talk about options.

Slayer Anderson and Albus Leo like this.
  5. rick1497

rick1497 Well worn.

You just quoted the post where I said I didn't want to punch people to recommend punching people.

6. Bashful_Walrus

Oh right yes I forgot that was the main gripe not the Cqc. Sorry about that. I'd say go for a large sword or Morningstar that melds in with the Gattling gun.

Glad to be part of the game :)

7. Threadmarks: Bashful_Walrus Character Sheet Emerald
    Toxinvictory

Bashful_Walrus

You awaken in the body of
    Name: Emerald Sustrai
    Appearance: https://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.ne...0400045.png/revision/latest?cb=20151129160341
    Species: Human
    Weapon: http://rwby.wikia.com/wiki/Emerald's_Weapons

Location: You are sitting on a tree branch, your back leaning against the trunk. Around you is a a rainforest with thick vegetation all vibrantly green. The air is hot and humid. Sounds of nature, bird calls and the buzz of insects fill the air. Twin pistols lay in your lap.

Your body is extremely fit and you can feel a tingle of energy on your skin. At the back of your mind is a well of memories waiting to be explored.

I will post the IC thread shortly.

8. Bashful_Walrus

I am so excited hehehehhahahahahahahabahahahaha

9. rick1497

rick1497 Well worn.

So, I've never done an RP before, does anybody have advice I can use?

10. Threadmarks: IC Thread
    Toxinvictory

11. Slayer Anderson

A big one is: keep your actions In Character.

For games like this, that consideration can get a little... meta?

This RP is basically a self-insert fanfic, in a way. You *are* your character, so you can do plenty of stuff based on meta-knowledge you have of individuals or plot... but only from the knowledge base you possessed before the game began.

You shouldn't do anything in-game based on another player or character's actions that you can't feasibly know about in-game.

Essentially, if another character uncovers a plot to kill Coco, unless that character tells you or you uncover evidence from your character's perspective, you can't act on it. This can be very frustrating at times, and there's some wriggle room, but you have to have some IC justification for any action you take.

Toxinvictory and Bashful_Walrus like this.
  12. rick1497

rick1497 Well worn.

I may not be able to get at the IC thread for a few hours.

13. Toxinvictory

No problem, seriously take your time and above all have fun.

Slayer Anderson likes this.
  14. Slayer Anderson

That's another big rule right there.

Edit: It will also take me a few hours to get something up as well.

Bashful_Walrus and Toxinvictory like this.
  15. Bashful_Walrus

I as well gotta get to my laptop instead of my phone.

16. rick1497

rick1497 Well worn.

Slayer Anderson I don't think Sun was ever fashion conscious. Remember, he was going to wear his ordinary clothes to a dance.

Edit: crap, not only am I going to have to write a self insert origin, I'm going to have to write one where I change genders. This is not going to be easy.

17. Slayer Anderson

Not in the traditional sense of the phrase, no, but Sun struck me as a guy self-confident enough to believe what he wore was fashion, or at least fashionable.

I always envisioned Sun as the special type of 'fashion conscious' which believed his 'style' was always in style.
    I feel you, I've done that at least twice now... it's still a weird frame of mind to get into.

Bashful_Walrus likes this.
  18. rick1497

rick1497 Well worn.

Can you give me any tips? Hopefully, this will be a location where nobody knows Coco, I cannot do fashion. I have literally zero instinct for it.

Toxinvictory, I am, of course, going to be checking the schedule in the scroll. Can you tell me what I will find?

19. Slayer Anderson

Hmm... tips? Well, Coco should have the fashion instincts, or at least the memories for you to fake it until you can make it.

In regards to the sex change, well, you can be as graphic as you want on this site, at least... I'd start with a superficial examination, probably overly-clinical, then the sudden realization that you don't have a block and tackle anymore... and probably an ensuing hyperventilating freak-out.

When I was playing toxin's Naruto RP my general response at first was to keep myself busy enough that I didn't think about it IC. Then, once I was comfortable enough with it, I started leveraging it to stun other girls into not realizing I was flirting with them until they were half-way to my bed.

After that I was busy managing harems and generally sliding down the slippery slope of decadence, depravity, and debauchery.

Toxinvictory and Bashful_Walrus like this.
  20. Bashful_Walrus

Currently working on my post.

21. rick1497

rick1497 Well worn.

What is the 1-5 thing you're putting at the end of your posts?

22. Slayer Anderson

That's the list of actions you want to take, which toxin will roll dice for the success/failure of.

Right now, we don't really know the exact situation we're in, so we're basically dumping all of our actions into one general pool of 'stuff to do.'

If you try to do too much with a single action, toxin will take the first feasible action or group of actions and just say you didn't have time to do the rest, but in this instance with a general pool of actions we've basically decided to try a few small things multiple times instead of doing five larger, more specific actions one time each.

Toxinvictory likes this.
  23. Toxinvictory

You have to input a password to unlock it. So if you want to spend some of your actions on checking the scrolls content then by all means do so.

24. Threadmarks: Timeline and Worldbuilding
    Toxinvictory

Slayer Anderson rick1497 Albus Leo Bashful_Walrus

So for ease of use here is a summary of the setting and history being used in this game.

In the old days hundreds of years before present times the galaxy boasted several star-faring civilizations and a wide variety of races, the tech level was very physics compatible Faster than light travel didn't exist, Aura and Dust where undiscovered etc. The Tuffle race seeded the Galaxy with their genetics via fleets of slower than light colony ships, resulting in humans being a galaxy wide culture. Faunus didn't exist.

Then came the Grimm's arrival, the creatures launched a incursion spanning the entire galaxy, destroying species after species apparently set on wiping everyone out. Around this time the first Faunus appear apparently the result of genetic engineering. Faced with the threat of extinction the various peoples of the Galaxy banded together and through pooling resources discovered the means to extract Dust and awaken Aura. This allowed them to push back the Grimm though they remain a threat to this day.

Once the immanent threat of extinction by Grimm lessened the Grand Alliance start's to corrode. Various power blocks and empires form. Sometime into this period the prominent Star Empire of Mantle experiences a major Grimm assault prompting the adoption of a social model in which individuality and emotion were suppressed.

In time Mantle began to expand absorbing neighbor states and enforcing the doctrine of personality, among the largest of these acquisitions was the Empire of Anima. This expansion eventually provoked the Great War: a ten year conflict of unprecedented scale and resulting in renewed incursions by the Grimm.

80 Years ago the Great War ended. In the aftermath the Empire of Mantle was dissolved its core citizenship forming the Star Kingdom of Atlas.

The Planet Trade Organisation formed in the wake of the Great War, beginning as a organisation focused on finding and recovering worlds via forays into space the Grimm overtook during the chaos of the war and resettling them. Sometimes they find planet's overrun with Grimm and fight to cleanse the world, sometimes they find small bastion's of people holding out and either offer them resettlement or protection as a member race. Sometimes they find a world with high natural resources and grant the world to one of their member races regardless of the locals opinions.

Freeza is the current head of the Planet Trade Organisation and a monster in both Aura combat and personality who has encouraged some of the more unpleasant practices of the PTO. The Saiyans were the PTO's favored shock troops/disposable assets until Freeza killed them off for reasons of his own. Freeza's role in the Saiyan Genocide is not common knowledge. The Saiyans are a separate race from the Faunus believed to be the result of ancient Tuffle genetic weaponisation.

The Faunus are the result of genetic engineering by an unknown source, treated with suspicion due to their "unnatural" origins and the timing of their appearance which coincided with the emergence of the Grimm. This suspicion grew into open discrimination with the end result being that a large number of Faunus were classified as slaves under the Anima Empire, kept as pets, servants etc by the Empire's elite. During the chaos of the Great War the Faunus slaves rebelled and in the aftermath they managed to get a settlement/government of their own in the Mangerie system. Mangerie is, isolated, populated with hostile wildlife and has very low resources, factors that resulted in considerable resentment among the faunus population.

Faunus like humans are found through the the Galaxy.

The Schnee are much as canon a large company tied the mining of dust and heavily involved in Atlas's upper crust, Faunus are preferred hires but get a raw deal, doing dangerous without compensation, insurance etc. These and other discriminatory acts have lead to the formation of groups like the White Fang.

While most kingdoms utilise Aura capable soldiers to defend their borders seve in their military Hunters/Huntress as in RWBY canon are not an official thing. Flight is possible for Aura users but it's an advanced technique that exhausts reserves quickly. KI blasts, with the exception of certain semblances, require the user to burn through Dust. Since this is seen as wasteful, custom weapons are preferred by Aura users.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2017
  25. rick1497

rick1497 Well worn.

Sorry about not being able to post, I've been busy today. Hopefully I'll get one tonight.

Toxinvictory and Slayer Anderson like this.
  26. Toxinvictory

Albus Leo likes this.
  27. Slayer Anderson

No, no... I'm good. I'm just typing up my next post now. It's basically a huge spaz-out regarding the fact I'm trapped in a Death Galaxy.

Hmm... I guess, Sun has a scroll, right? And there isn't anything else pressing besides the appointment for 'potentials' on Vale? Anymore details about that, by the way?

Toxinvictory likes this.
  28. Toxinvictory

Yes Sun/you have a scroll but because the ship is shielded you can't access the local internet equivalent through it until you land, you can use the already loaded music etc on the scroll if you want. Other than the potential meeting Sun isn't aware of anything pressing on the horizon.

The message was delivered to Sun via a custom Scroll which deactivated once he read the message, the message itself was to the point, indicating that the sender knew quite a lot about about Sun and extending the offer for Sun to attend the gathering. The message ended saying that upon arrival on Vale you would contacted and informed of the meetings exact location.

Slayer Anderson likes this.
  29. rick1497

rick1497 Well worn.

I've written a piece now. I'm going to wait a bit and check it over before posting it.

Also, as a long term thing, I've decided what I'm going to do to get a better melee option. I'm going to add an axe setting to this handbag.
    How are guns competitive in a setting with DBZ level of ki attacks? I really don't see how they could be useful against planet busters.

Edit: also, just wondering, but why is Atlas the name of a star kingdom while Vale is only the name of a planet?

Toxinvictory likes this.
  30. Albus Leo

Albus Leo Know what you're doing yet?

Hundreds.

Mostly between the interaction of KI and dust, since I'd much rather use KI (from a setting I know) rather than dust BS.

Bashful_Walrus likes this.