1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

OOC: Power and Purpose (RWBY/Dragon Ball Z SI RP)

Discussion in 'Questing' started by Toxinvictory, Jul 25, 2017.

1. Slayer Anderson

Slayer Anderson Orthodox Heretic

Okay, that's good... I glad you're not in that state of mind for a while, although I believe its a good thing that you never got to that stage, as I hope you do too.

It definitely conveyed some serious emotion and spiked my heart-rate, especially given that I was once in another internet-based RP where someone posted that he was seriously considering suicide. Thankfully, someone talked him down, but... I think it was close.
    I suppose it's a pretty IC reaction for you, then... I hope things keep getting better for you and that your experience in the RP helps at least a little.

Albus Leo likes this.
  2. Albus Leo

Albus Leo Know what you're doing yet?

I'm doing relatively fine, sorry to worry you.

Happier subject!

What do you think the effects of merging the two shall be?

I have a few thoughts.

Super Smart/Super wise:
    Intelligence is a hard thing to quantify, wisdom is often a big part of how "smart" ones actions are. There are two sets of life lessons being merged here.
    Not just that but two different educations,Sure a lot of it will be overlap but I'm certain there will also be tons of even basic areas one of us was weak and the other was stronger.
    Not to mention more books read, more optional or elective educative actions.
    The experience angle is big too.
    Neptune is noted to be very very smart, and I'm certainly no slouch either.
    Both of us are awesome tacticians (Not to brag)

Stronger Aura:?
    It's fairly hard to say, I don't know if I have both souls merging into one or if Neptunes soul was completely gone.
    Hell our minds could be merged but not our souls, leading to two aura pools and semblances.(Seems unlikely that we get that type of awesome power up)

So 4 options
    1: I replaced his sou
    2: only have his soul
    3: Our souls merge (or already had)
    4: Two separate souls still

Super marksmen!
    Neptune was a good shot, I am a hell of a good shot not just that but different sets of experience and education in marksmanship. Probably be a little worse initially as the optimal practices are taken from each set to make a stronger whole, but I expect to be an astounding marksmen after that initial hump.

Improved martial arts:
    I think this will be worse than the marksmen ship, There is more room for the merged mind to not mix styles well. I'm probably going to have to relearn close combat fairly significantly to get my reactions and instincts into a nice cohesive whole. That being said, I studied a lot of the weird areas of martial arts! (Water stealth, pressure points, improvised weapons,environment use, fighting groups) So I can probably expand his tool kit nicely even if I'm 100% certain he is a much better martial artist and I'm just supplementing.

Actually my medical knowledge, psychology, and body language will probably be the biggest buff here. Not to mention just being *more* experienced suddenly. Ties into suddenly just being smarter and tactical knowledge, yeah I will certainly be suddenly oddly proficient.

EDIT:
    Also I'm an idiot for forgetting 100% guaranteed stronger KI

Last edited: Aug 3, 2017
  3. Bashful_Walrus

Bashful_Walrus I trust you know where the happy button is?

I'm leaning towards merged souls due to the sembelence being the same for myself and the two others. Mostly due to the reminder that aura is called the light of the soul likely for good reason.

Albus Leo likes this.
  4. Albus Leo

Indeed, I guess I will be relying on a KI increase for a power up of completely merging two minds.

5. Bashful_Walrus

Ah ki has been replaced by aura if I recall correctly.

6. Albus Leo

Just looked again, yep RIP, I have to deal with that terrible "Soul power"100% mcguffin system only.

Bashful_Walrus likes this.
  7. Bashful_Walrus

Hey you can train your aura. I believe.

8. Albus Leo

Thats the issue, KI is fairly clear, on how you can train it and it's components.

Even having started to watch and read up on it, I still don't see it as very clear.

Do push ups give you more aura? Also it seems there may be a difference between aura capacity and aura strength.

9. Bashful_Walrus

This is true from what i've read in the thread and about rwby. We'll need the GM's Word on this.

10. Albus Leo

Haven't seen our GM in a few days any idea whats going on?

11. Slayer Anderson

Just taking a swing, but he's likely over on SV running the DC-verse RP he'd got...

...or I just noticed he updated the SB RP he's got running, which is Marvel-based.

I do hope toxin's not biting off more than he can chew...

Albus Leo likes this.
  12. Albus Leo

Yeah I didn't know the SB one and hadn't seen him here or SV.

Slayer Anderson likes this.
  13. Toxinvictory

Toxinvictory I trust you know where the happy button is?

A combination of work starting up again, family activities and writing commitments with other parties have been taking up my time. But as I have no completed the bulk of the work I can finish and post the responses I have drawn up for this game, hopefully today.

Incidentally a friend has drawn some artwork for this story. Which I will repost here shortly.

Albus Leo and Slayer Anderson like this.
  14. Toxinvictory

Have posted the fan-art on the first page of both threads, my apologies for the wait. Now lets blow some stuff up!

15. Bashful_Walrus

Oh gods yes.*Insert maniacal laughter*

Toxinvictory likes this.
  16. Toxinvictory

And 2/3 of the responses are up. As usual if you guys have questions please don't hesitate to ask.

17. Threadmarks: Albus Leo Character Sheet
    Albus Leo

Albus Leo

You awaken in the body of
    Name: Neptune Vasilias
    Appearance: https://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.ne..._Normal.png/revision/latest?cb=20141223012144
    Species: Human
    Weapon: http://rwby.wikia.com/wiki/Neptune's_Gun

Location: You awaken to cold air and a room of white stone, something akin to a one room apartment. You are sitting on the edge of a small bed, a suitcase sits to your left, a widow opening onto a landscape of white snow to your right. You can clear the clamor of voices outside, the growl of cars and the sounds of life. It seems you are in a city or settlement of some sort,

Your body is very fit and you can feel a tingle of energy across your skin. At the back of your mind is a well of memories waiting to be explored.

Traits:
    (Merged Mind: Character Trait gained, as result of intense memory and personality fusion character gets bonus to diplomacy and flirtation rolls.Characters identity has become a gestalt of both parts.)

Equipment:
    "Gunado"

Can I get this thread marked instead of the one you have so I can edit my sheet as we go and I can keep track of everything (Will certainly help as time goes on).Learning from previous mistakes.

18. Bashful_Walrus

Oh ye gods I want y'all to hear my laughter of the maniacal kind. So here it is. Everything is going according to Plan. Includes my proof it is I. That reminds me How are conversations going to play out? Like is it going to be done in the OC thread or via PM or will we just include our comments in a small post of our thoughts?

Toxinvictory likes this.
  19. Toxinvictory

IC conversations/dialogue happen on the IC thread just address the post to whoever you want to speak to.

20. Toxinvictory

So Slayer Anderson apologies for the long delay with posting your response, as recompense for this I have given you the option of gaining a character bonus via sex. Just to be clear only one of the options is happening at a given time in Club Zero, which one dependent on your choice, so if you choose Cinder/Roman Taiyang/Raven aren't getting it on across the hall.

Yes Jaune exists in this timeline and is involved with Pyrrha, though he won't be a option for when it comes time to form a RWBY style team or indeed be at Beacon on account of the potentials being handpicked by Ozpin and Co for their talents.

As always if you have questions/need a point clarified I will do my best to answer.

21. Bashful_Walrus

Okie dokie I'm gonna have my response ready when I get on my laptop so I address mercy-boy in my dialog and you'll write out a response.

Toxinvictory likes this.
  22. Toxinvictory

Looking forward to it.

23. Bashful_Walrus

Posted. Need more information about emerald so I'm gonna eat the rest of her memories and plan the rest of the mission with Mercy-boy.

Toxinvictory likes this.
  24. Slayer Anderson

Well, I plan to go heavy into Aura Sorcery anyway, so I'll probably earn that Goodwitch apprenticeship the hard way, especially since I'll be at Beacon with her. Instead, I'd rather pick a bonus that I won't be able to get easily.

[X] Take the opening and join in (One choice allowed).A additional participant is sought by:
    -[X] Cooler and Towa https://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.ne...Cooler1.png/revision/latest?cb=20130809113438 http://imgur.com/WwJGSae (If this option is chosen it allows for the establishment of connections in PTO circles and grants players the bonus of being able to request resources and assistance from PTO contacts within limits.)

I'd choose Cinder & Torchwick, but ultimately... I'm on the side of 'civilization.' I mean, even Amaru, who was allied with a Dark God(dess) preferred a world where she could go out and buy food without having to risk being attacked and killed by some horrible monstrosity. Raven and Taiyang? Well, I actually loathe Raven's character, which is basically a boner-killer... that, and mercenary work/connections are expendable shit jobs. Not something I really want to be doing.

Besides, in as much as there probably aren't many Saiyan survivors, it's probably good to get on PTO's radar ASAP as a faunus rather than a Saiyan. Prevent misunderstandings that way... lethal misunderstandings.

Toxinvictory and Bashful_Walrus like this.
  25. Toxinvictory

Understood and your reasoning makes sense, since you can be mistaken for a Saiyan taking steps to prevent that is likely a good idea.. Okay since lemons are more your area than mine shall we talk content for your upcoming sexy mini game?

26. Slayer Anderson

Sure. I suppose starting with the fact that Cooler doesn't have visible genitals would be a good point.

Does he just want to watch or have the whole 'sheath' thing going on?

Toxinvictory likes this.
  27. Toxinvictory

Arcosian's are actually hermaphrodite's here. They can both produce sperm to fertilize others and carry children. They lack visible genitals because they secrete a sperm equivalent from there bodies like sweat when sufficiently aroused. So Cooler is going to be active participant in sex using his hands, tongue and tail. Towa's biology is comparable to a human female.

Yes that means it would be possible to get Freeza pregnant. Not remotely a good idea considering his insane power level and personality but possible.

28. Bashful_Walrus

That's beautiful how does one fertilize an Arcadian via semen covering or through the oral cavity?

29. Slayer Anderson

Roger that. Hmm... personalities, or are we going with Cooler's canon 'holier than thou' attitude? Towa, I don't really know, so instruction on how to write her would be helpful. Servile? Haughty? Submissive, but firm?

Beyond that, a post on my part will likely have to wait until tomorrow.

Toxinvictory likes this.
  30. Toxinvictory

If a Arcosian is in the right pysical cycle they can be fertilized by absorbing the semen of another member of there species through there skin.

Cooler's personality here is derived from Team Four Star's take.

Towa ....hmm fairly snarky and haughty with an edge of seductive. She's powerful, smart and knows it though she defers to Cooler. Bit of a show off in sex. Hope that helps.

And its no problem take all the time you need.