1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Osaisen, commision'd Arts and Stories.

Discussion in 'General' started by Chibi-Reaper, Jun 24, 2013.

1. Chibi-Reaper

Chibi-Reaper D-Donations plz?

[​IMG]

I'm trying to draw this across a standard sized sheet of copy paper, and I'm noticing that space is a problem and detail winds up being lost. I keep running into the 'you're drawing this too small idiot, blow it out more' issue.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2019
  2. angelofwhim

angelofwhim Experienced.

Do the t lines thingy artists do when sketching out? Like mannequins

3. megrisvernin

megrisvernin Connoisseur.

Made a small donation to your paypal. No particular motivation.

4. Chibi-Reaper

Every little bit is appreciated!

Meanwhile, I've gone back a couple pages and put most of the images in spoilers, so that there's less loading bounces around up and down the page. Like so!

[​IMG]

I left a couple of the complete ones out so they could be found easily by scrolling. That aside... I only intended to harden up some lines and put in some more details, and somewhere along the way a lot of Koakuma got drawn.

Probably more than just a bit is going to need erasing and drawn again, but that's how it goes.

5. Chibi-Reaper

[​IMG]

Mostly just little details, touch-ups, alterations, and things that may or may not stay.

6. Chibi-Reaper

[​IMG]

Mostly just a few more details and guidelines scratched into place.

7. Chibi-Reaper

[​IMG]

Redrew koakuma legs properly, did some more scritching around shoes. Barely drawn anything re: Satori, less re Momiji, so that's going to be fun.

8. Chibi-Reaper

[​IMG]

Only up to 55/250, and the previous image is wearing on me, so I decided to switch off for a little. There's lots and lots of characters that can do with being drawn!

That's supposed to be a sock, but might change, depending.

9. Chibi-Reaper

[​IMG]

Had a better idea than a sock.

10. Chibi-Reaper

And it's that time again, where I contemplate the state of my wallet and future bills and sink into a deep start advertising my services once again! I'm available for short original fiction to your specifications, dragon rescuing a princess from an order of knights is fine, fanfiction with Bowser as the good guy is kiiind of not so good. I'll of course freely accept any kind free donations as well, since I do like eating every day.

Or if you'd prefer, I'm also able to doodle things you might want to see scribbled somewhere, though I'm hesitant to call what comes out the other end 'art'. I do clearly need the practice though, and so that's still an option on the table.

Since I have something conveniently available, I'll throw up and example of Scribble Failure.

[​IMG]

I happened to get a twitch in my brain that said 'Alice's shoulder-cape thing is kind of similar to part of the bloodborne doll's outfit. COMBINE THEM NOW.' So I scribbled some of it out, but unfortunately I proceeded with too much haste and just started putting detail in right away from the top down.

Because of that failure to start with a complete frame-work, proportions are visibly wonky and are already starting to look bad. Shoulders are there, hands are there, and where are the rest of her arms, above the elbow? They don't exist, it seems, and that's disguised but not completely hidden by the cape thing. It's the sort of error that might be salvaged with thought and effort, but is probably easier to just re-do from the start the right way this time.

It's one of the traps I keep falling into. I think 'Eh, I know how it should look in my head and I'm good enough at doodling to just draw that' when.... I visibly prove myself shortly afterward to not be that good at all.

Sol Mark-1 likes this.
  11. Chibi-Reaper

[​IMG]

This sits in the category of 'things which made sense to draw at the time, and then sat around pointlessly and unfinished'.

It's in good company.

12. Chibi-Reaper

I wasn't just joking about it being in good company either!

[​IMG]

Though I'm not sure why I drew this one to begin with! Maybe just for expression practice? On an unrelated note though, for some reason looking at it makes me feel a slight pang of sympathy hunger.

13. Chibi-Reaper

[​IMG]

There's a drawing here I started scribbling a while ago, and it's already half done. Sort of. The hand that got doodled is terrible, and... actually, there's supposed to be a second character on the other side of the sheet, and maybe other details, so....

Less than a quarter done, anyway. Give or take a little.

14. Chibi-Reaper

[​IMG]

And there's another doodle that I've been experimenting on, with what people call 'shortstacks'.

.... Not exactly stacked. Got hips tho'.

15. Chibi-Reaper

[​IMG]

It's much later than normal between various things, computer issues, and such but I'm turning to this once again. One of those things chewing up my time is the attempt to get back into college soon, and if everything gets squared away with that then it would be a huge relief in many ways.

That's then though, and this is now, so...

Once again I'm making myself available for donations, doodles, and such. Original fiction and drawings of things.

Sol Mark-1, ward201 and CptTagon like this.
  16. Vanathor

Vanathor 『Back In Black』

Chibi-Reaper, you should set up a Patreon account for something that is more consistent, then irregular paypal donations.

ZenithOfLust and Nolrai2 like this.
  17. megrisvernin

megrisvernin Connoisseur.

Chibi-reaper. Is paypal the best way to send you a small donation still? Or do you have a patreon set up?

18. Nolrai2

Nolrai2 Can't count

So what could I get for 50$?

19. Chibi-Reaper

Been a while, but I'm once again short enough on funds that I'm opening up for donations and requests again. Time to shake some rust off.

20. Chibi-Reaper

[​IMG]

Example sample doodle to make sure I still got it.

ward201 likes this.
  21. Chibi-Reaper

[​IMG]

Colorized, though I'm not a hundred percent satisfied with how the colors scanned and how the strokes are visible from the pencils after scanning the way they aren't on the paper itself to the naked eye. Until I figure out a way to digitally color things that I like the results from, though...

Please pay no heed to the 'let's see how close this color is to what the pencil says it should be' testing spot, I did it a little too close and couldn't crop it out without leaving a distracting pure white space.

22. Toxinvictory

Toxinvictory I trust you know where the happy button is?

So Chibi-Reaper I am considering a SI Quest inspired by your excellent story https://forum.questionablequesting.com/threads/fall-and-fly-high-school-dxd.4856/ though with the Quest MC/SI landing in Raynare.

Since your story was a inspiration and you are an amazing writer I would be willing to pay you for some help on the project eg:, advice, the occasional omake/interludes that sort of thing. Is this something you would be interested in?

Last edited: Sep 26, 2017