1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Osaisen, commision'd Arts and Stories.

Discussion in 'General' started by Chibi-Reaper, Jun 24, 2013.

1. Chibi-Reaper

Chibi-Reaper D-Donations plz?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sometimes. Oh, not often, but sometimes, things turn out pretty good. I mean, lower lip needs a touchup, but...

You may now brace for this inevitably going horribly wrong.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2015
  2. Chibi-Reaper

[​IMG]

Still at, uh, 0/250 as I check, but I seem to have forgotten to post this one after scanning, so I can bump again.

Eyebrows are a bit touchy, may be any number of small details adjusted. Going for an expression that tries to say 'suddenly, hands'.

3. Biigoh

Biigoh Primordial Tanuki Moderator

/me wishes the Bii had the cash to help out -_-

4. Chibi-Reaper

[​IMG]

We want the hair to be wavy. Slightly curly, but not too much. Put some guidelines in for that, probably going to face changing.

5. Chibi-Reaper

[​IMG]

Progress is progressing!

6. Chibi-Reaper

[​IMG]

More progression!

7. Chibi-Reaper

[​IMG]

Coming along nicely.

8. Chibi-Reaper

[​IMG]

Looking good!

Time to Fuck It All Up with color. I think what I've learned is pencils for the lines, and actually crayon for the rest.

9. Chibi-Reaper

[​IMG]

I'm not sure what to make of a doodle turning out not-terribly for once. Looked good through the sketch, and from experimenting before I know that colored pencils are good for lines and crayons are good for bigger stretches of space, so combining that, the hair is coming out unsettlingly well.

I just keep waiting for it to implode into terribleness, but starting to cautiously wonder if that just might not happen.

10. Chibi-Reaper

[​IMG]

Not looking bad at all.

ultima333 likes this.
  11. Chibi-Reaper

[​IMG]

There's a little more work to do but it looks nearly done.

12. Chibi-Reaper

[​IMG]

And... I guess it's done.

Skin is actually a bit darker than I planned, I swear you wouldn't know it looking at the sheet of paper. The apricot crayon is barely visible at all. Shows up nicely on the scanner, mind you, which I guess is both a good and a bad thing.

13. CrossyCross

CrossyCross LADY OF LOVE

...oh, that's actually pretty damn good!

14. ward201

ward201 he/him

Have you considered doing a test paper just to see how all your colors scan?

15. Chibi-Reaper

I might have to do that. As it stands, some of the colors come through identically, but others are just wildly and drastically different, and so.

This one turned out okay though. In any case, as of now I'm still at absolutely zero on the paypal front, so...

Just going to restate, completely open for commissions. Any silly little thing you want doodled or work of original fiction is good! I'll also, of course, gladly accept just gifts of money.

I've got to think of something to doodle and fill the time with. Maybe redraw yamame, that turned out unreasonably terrible. Or I did say that I needed to counterpoint a Seija... or the akyu doodle needs some color, if I can find where that paper went.

Snake/Eater likes this.
  16. Chibi-Reaper

I've been messing about with the settings and colors on that scanner, and while it does black and white really good, and greyscale pencil scratchings all right, there's nothing I can find to do that makes it anything but terrible at color.

[​IMG]

This little doodle I used for it /looks/ okay, only... the skin tone is supposed to be Peach, not Tan, and the hair is supposed to be Pink, and not.... whatever the heck that wound up being.

Through experimenting, I did find one way to get colors much closer to what the mark-I eyeball says it should be, but that's a result that's terrible in many more ways.

[​IMG]

Because it's not from the scanner at all, and I just snapped a pic with a crummy little camera I dug up, so it gets to be blurry and indistinct and super dark despite having lots of light directly on it.

Color quality isn't even great. Just 'better'.

17. Nolrai2

Nolrai2 Can't count

Man color vision is complicated.

18. Chibi-Reaper

And it's that time of the month again where I check the total amount of things and just sight bitterly as a moth flies out. So, once again panhandling the internets for enough to scrape by, the magic number is $250 to set me up for the month again, and I'm completely open for plain donations, short original fiction, or your choice of terrible doodlery.

Doodles like this!

[​IMG]

Practice and all that, I'm working on drawing small but still cramming detail in. We'll, uh.... we'll see how that turns out.

19. Chibi-Reaper

[​IMG]

Progressing all right, looks okay so far. Making sure to put in LOTS AND LOTS of hair line details because that seems to be part of what makes things look like a mess is if I don't have enough of those.

20. Chibi-Reaper

[​IMG]

I could have sworn I posted this one but I guess not. Ears giving me a little bit of trouble, but this soooort of looks okay.

21. Chibi-Reaper

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

By contrast, the other little thing I'm doodling.... still mostly okay, but these sleeves are looking to drive me to murder.

22. Chibi-Reaper

[​IMG]

Not sure where to even begin, but it seems safe to say that I'm going to have to redraw the legs at least 4-5 times once the guidelines are properly set up before I'm satisfied.

I actually like the foot size and proportion. Going for tiny hands and feet, big head, so the foot is good. It's just the rest of the leg...

23. Chibi-Reaper

[​IMG]

Bit belated, but been stuck doing a lot of stuff and exhaustion and all. Still desperately need to keep this bumped though.

Yes, I know, legs are still terrible. Changed position, haven't quite gotten through all the redrawings, and might need to tack on another three or four redraws to get it all right. Plus side, feet are both still pretty much okay, though I've changed from slippers.

noahgab1133 likes this.
  24. Chibi-Reaper

[​IMG]

Last day of the month and I'm only up to ~90/250. Little bit worrying, but doodle progress faces regular slowdown for other things that keep coming up and can't be helped.

Legs are... progressing, though there's more tweaks that need to be done to make them look right. I like the feet size, that's correctish for the character, but in order to draw them properly they might need to be redone slightly larger. Not much larger. That or I can do something with other tweaks, well, no matter how it goes it's a work in progress.

Visible slimy appendage about the wrist just as a reminder that those are there, might or might not disappear as future details force their way in. Couch is progressering.

25. Chibi-Reaper

[​IMG]

Various tweaks and edits to the legs, and while I'm not sure they're ideal I think this is probably as good as this doodle is getting. Heel placement adjusted slightly and all that.

Various other details thrown in, more to go before I can call it done.

ultima333 likes this.
  26. Chibi-Reaper

[​IMG]

Bit delayed by unavoidable gardening hijinx and feeling like absolute garbage for a while. Sorry. Hopefully that was just allergies and/or has passed and isn't just waiting for the opportune moment for a follow-up strike.

Anyway, not done-done but I'd say this is probably as much sketching as is gonna happen on this one. Need to think of what to doodle next, but I've got a half done doodle around here somewhere. Still only at 90, but every bit really does help out. And hey, maybe there's something you want to see in a crummy practice doodle.

27. Chibi-Reaper

[​IMG]

Playing with digital color again. The color is one-tone and flat, but on the plus side it's vibrant and I can immediately tell if it's the color I want instead of scanning it in and what the fuck is this dog shit.

Seems to work better or worse depending on the art style. Pretty good for stuff like this, so far.

Hadiz and ultima333 like this.
  28. Chibi-Reaper

Okay, the previous bit was finished and has been posted in the other relevant thread, and it's gotten to be about that time again where the failure to get gainfully employed stacks up with an empty wallet and I have to turn to other options for the things soon to come due.

Once again, I'm looking for $250, which should keep me for another month and I'm available for not only ordinary gifts but commissions of things you specifically want to see. I write original fiction, and if you want for whatever reason a probably-terrible doodle of something specific then that's on the table too.

Speaking of the latter, I've gone through things and noticed that the vast majority of the doodles I've done are solo focus. I've departed from that a bit with the last one, and so I think I'm going to go a little bit further and try drawing a lot of individuals all together.

But it all needs to start somewhere.

[​IMG]

.... and oh boy is this some kind of a start.

29. Chibi-Reaper

[​IMG]

I don't need to focus too much on the first part of the picture, instead I just started crudely marking out where the heads would be. In most cases, it's probably easy to guess what's going where.

30. Chibi-Reaper

[​IMG]

That funky hat on the left side was giving me some trouble, so I just put more guidelines in and did more rough scratching... elsewhere.