1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Price of Blood [Worm fanfic] (Complete)

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Ack, Nov 30, 2016.

1. Zackarix

Zackarix Hera's Divorce Lawyer

Sad to see that Taylor probably isn't going to be working under Alexandria.

Happy to see a portrayal of Greg that is both positive and in character.

I almost feel sorry for Sophia here. She's being manipulated into a position that will be impossible to back out of. Absolutely no one will believe her about it being authorized by a higher up in the PRT. Listen to your nagging feelings, Sophia! Don't dig that hole any deeper than it already is!

Ack and Prince Charon like this.
  2. pepperjack

pepperjack A Variety of Cheese

But she very well may be working under Carol, or perhaps Victoria.

...no comment on how much fun she might have in that position. I imagine Carol might ride the new girl pretty hard.

3. sunandshadow

sunandshadow Impractical Fantasy Animal

Ooo two updates for me to read at once! :D I'm surprised Amy made such a strong argument for Taylor not wanting to be in the wards because Sophia had been. I would think that if the Protectorate say Sophia went to great lengths to completely deceive and use them, that would put them on the same side as Taylor. Particularly after the other wards say they always thought there was something wrong with Shadow Stalker, but there was never any real evidence against her. But, however that goes, it will be exciting to see Coil ensnare Sophia. Ideally Emma will get caught up in the mess as the Protectorate tries to find their escaped target. *rubs hands together and grins evilly*

Zackarix, Ack and pepperjack like this.
  4. edale

edale Versed in the lewd.

Zombie apocalypse protocol.

How has this never been done before for Greg, it just fits.

He also has plans for the eventual velociraptor attack, "because that Blasto guy could totally bring them back!"
    Sociopaths like trophies.

And now I'm picturing Sophia as Dexter.

And now I'm picturing Sophia trying to be Dexter, but failing. That Grue guy keeps getting away after all. (crackfic anyone?)

And now I'm wondering if anyone's ever written a Worm/Dexter crossover. (I think the closest to the concept I've seen was a Taylor as Sylar in a Worm/Heroes cross)
    Yep, trust pepperjack to insert innuendo into any situation.

5. pepperjack

pepperjack A Variety of Cheese

I am totally innocent! I am a picture of innocence. I'm so innocent I have no idea what you could possibly be talking about. Who's 'endo' am I meant to have put something in, and what exactly am I allegedly inserting? In fact, I resent these accusations of insertion. I would never, and certainly not in public.

6. Ack

Ack (Verified Ratbag) (Unverified Great Old One)

I actually had part of both chapters written, and I finally finished it off and divided them into two.
    Exactly. (Also, yes, he does have a velociraptor plan).

7. RikkuEcRud

RikkuEcRud Versed in the lewd.

Wouldn't a velociraptor plan just consist of using round doorknobs instead of lever doorknobs? They don't have thumbs

Major Session and Ack like this.
  8. Ack

It involves seeking refuge in a building with doorknobs of that type, enough food to hold out, and a flat roof so you can be picked up by chopper.

9. edale

10. Ephemeral

Ephemeral Cute Kuudere Healslut

Oh my pink-haired goddess is this a fic I didn't know I wanted.

Anaerobie, Ack and Prince Charon like this.
  11. Prince Charon

Prince Charon Just zis guy, you know?

Really? You look more like a picture of spicy cheese.

12. edale

I know right! I can picture some of the scenes now:

Her first 'untraceable' kill taking place in front of a camera/witnesses (good thing she was wearing a mask, and could change her costume! All she needs to do is paint the hockey equipment a different shade of black! Noone will ever recognize her!)

Sophia bringing doughnuts in for the Wards and PRT (you never get rid of the cape that brings the doughnuts), while 'unintentionally' insulting each person she gives a doughnut to (she always did miss the main point of things...).

Shadow Stalker 'stalking' her prey by hiding in shadows of things like telephone poles, in shadow form... Completely oblivious to the fact that she's MUCH larger than the shadows of those objects, and as such completely obvious.

Like I said, crackfic material.

And yes, I'd LOVE for someone to pick up on the idea, heh.
    [​IMG]

13. AllyDoodle

AllyDoodle Lewd Cthulhu

I'm glad this is getting a good reception here considering at the other two places Ack posted it at, he nearly got drawn and quartered both both posters and mods for just the first chapter alone.

Ack likes this.
  14. sunandshadow

sunandshadow Impractical Fantasy Animal

If one of those places was SB, that was completely predictable. If one was SV I'm a bit more surprised. But yeah reactions like that are why I was so pleased to discover QQ in the first place, and why I'm sad the population here is so small.

15. DuskAtDawn

DuskAtDawn Of the Thousand Faces

Why surprised? Attempted rape of a minor, even if it's not explicitly stated, is generally enough to set off mods. Sure, it's not much worse than what normally happens in Worm fics, but the Mods draw their line in the sand at sex and stick to it, so it's not really that surprising.

16. Ephemeral

Ephemeral Cute Kuudere Healslut

If you want to go even crackier, have it be Dexter VERSUS Sophia. As in, they're each hunting the other in the same way for ostensibly the same reasons, and the only reason it's even close to an even match is because of Sophia's powers. Dexter would win obviously, but the point would be the hilarity of all his... let's call it "professional disgust", at all of Sophia's fails.

17. Ack

Actually, I got a harsher reaction in SV, but they decided that it wasn't against the rules, so I was let keep going.

Mind you, a couple of readers complained so bitterly (after trying and failing to force me to use any other stimulus for Taylor, without giving me one that would actually work in its place) that one of them copped a month-long threadban.

18. Darkarma

Darkarma Loli Ōtsutsuki

And here I thought I caught an update before it hit the other forums.

But yeah the reactions are really overblown. The warning is in Canon itself, they are Trigger events. Fourth wall breaking alerts that trigger material may exist in some form. And it wasn't like the rape even happened... so yeah I don't get SB and SV's reactions all that much... but then again I'm new to the Triumvirate of Fic forums.

Alayne, Lantalia, Starfox5 and 2 others like this.
  19. abyssmal_kismet

abyssmal_kismet Experienced.

SB= Alexandria, wanting to be both one of the greatest places to relax (one of the greatest capes) and extremely mod heavy to the point of stifling that relaxation (leader of the PRT, the whole Taylor turning herself in debacle in canon)
    QQ= Legend, completely cool with our sexuality, and much more personable.

Unfortunately, I can't really think of a parallel to draw between SV and Eidolon.

20. SwiftRosenthal

SwiftRosenthal Connoisseur.

SV has the most user features. Multiple types of ratings, all the in-post types of code you can do, Reader Mode, IIRC it was the first to introduce threadmarks...

Last edited: Dec 16, 2016
  21. Ack

Yeah, I kinda put those in after the fact o_O

The main aspect of the complaints was that I was threatening rape to the character (or having her raped, as apparently some people didn't actually read the chapter) purely for drama's sake.

Yes, there was drama involved. But what they didn't seem to get was that it was a plot point, that Taylor wouldn't bring out all her bugs to that extent if anything less was about to happen to her.

Apparently to some people, threatening the protagonist with death or dismemberment is fine, but the threat of rape is right out. Even if I never intend to go through with it. You know, PG-13 and all that.

Anyway, meh. We've moved on.

22. edale

I'd put SB as Eidolon, for how completely random and arbitrary the users (and mods) can be. (and I say that as someone who once participated in an argument over what color the sky is on SB...no, I'm not joking)

Alayne, Chase92 and Prince Charon like this.
  23. Darkarma

Darkarma Loli Ōtsutsuki

That sounds entertaining.

Also anyone else wondering if Armsmaster called Dragon in to clear ENE of all insects within a 1 mile radius before they wake Taylor up and tell her the truth?

24. DuskAtDawn

It'd be tricky to do that. Not the ones aboveground; I'm sure they have some sort of tinkertech bug bomb they can have thrown together, and with the Swarm, I'm sure the citizens at large wouldn't oppose it too much so long as it didn't mess with their stuff.

Do you realize just how many bugs live underground? Granted, they're not generally venomous, but there are much more of them underground than above, just going by numbers. We don't even have half of them catalogued (mostly because very few people actually care about them). It's the one aspect of her powers Skitter never munchkin'd in canon, to my surprise.

Alayne and doomlord9 like this.
  25. Darkarma

Darkarma Loli Ōtsutsuki

Fair enough. Though I imagine there could be ways around that particular issue. Highly directed low frequency sound waves might do it.

26. Starfox5

Starfox5 Experienced.

Might also mess up the ecology.

pepperjack likes this.
  27. Zackarix

Zackarix Hera's Divorce Lawyer

For some reason a lot of people consider rape to be a super special crime. Torturing a character to the point of insanity is fine, but if rape is a part of that torture it suddenly crosses the line.

I understand that rape is a touchy subject, but the way some people place it on a pedestal really weirds me out.

Alayne, Ack, Ephemeral and 1 other person like this.
  28. DuskAtDawn

I've said my piece on that before in other threads so I won't bring it up here, but in this case I think it's that it's much more of an issue because it involved minors. Taylor's only 15 at this point in the story, and they don't want to risk legal attention after some of the incredibly stupid stuff that people have tried to shut down SB over (back before SV was a thing, and a lot of the people there migrated from SB, so the sentiment infected them.) Like the Toucan incident.

29. Darkarma

Darkarma Loli Ōtsutsuki

I think people in general put anything related to sex and sexuality on a pedestal that's either too positive and to negative, when it should be a neutral part of every day life. Where as violence in general seems to considered part of the human condition.

Its odd.

Something tells me all this is a side effect of that.

Alayne, Ack, Prince Charon and 2 others like this.
  30. AllyDoodle

AllyDoodle Lewd Cthulhu

I eventually gave up on Space Battles since the mods seem determined to run the place like their own personal fifedom.

It's a shame the CW section here doesn't seem to be as popular as it is on the other two sites.

Ack likes this.