1. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. For a trial period of one week, allowed avatar size has been increased to 256kb, up from 51.2kb. During this time, if the forum seems to be loading slow, drop by the topic in the Announcements & Rules sub to let me know.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. QQ will be down for upgrades starting at 2030 EDT. Please be prepared and save any work.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. To the many new members following Mr Zoat to our forum, I would suggest a quick read of our Rules. Don't worry, it's not a long post. Pay special attention to Rule 8. We are deadly serious about it.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. To make things official, I have added a proper description of the method to appeal a moderator action in the Rules thread.
    Dismiss Notice

[QUEST] The End of Evolution and the Ascension of Arts

Discussion in 'Questing' started by RyubosJ, Feb 24, 2018.

Loading...
  1. Marlin

    Marlin wishing to read another story deleted for profit

    Joined:
    Dec 9, 2016
    Messages:
    1,116
    Likes Received:
    307
    [X][Appearance] E
    [X][Fear] Listening to the sharman.
     
  2. Arkatekt

    Arkatekt Harbinger of Shitluck

    Joined:
    Mar 27, 2015
    Messages:
    16,014
    Likes Received:
    17,114
    [X][Appearance] D
    [X][Fear] Staying with your parents and siblings.
     
  3. RyubosJ

    RyubosJ Vote Tie's little bitch - 2018/????

    Joined:
    Dec 18, 2016
    Messages:
    929
    Likes Received:
    1,909
    Vote Tally : [NSFW] - [QUEST] The End of Evolution and the Ascension of Arts | Questionable Questing [Posts: 27-32]
    ##### NetTally 1.9.9
    Task: Appearance
    [X][Appearance] D
    No. of Votes: 2
    [X][Appearance] A
    No. of Votes: 2
    [X][Appearance] C
    No. of Votes: 1
    [X][Appearance] E
    No. of Votes: 1


    Task: Fear
    [x][Fear] Staying with your parents and siblings.
    No. of Votes: 3
    [X][Fear] Listening to the sharman.
    No. of Votes: 3
    Total No. of Voters: 6

    YOU! ALL! SUCK! (Agilitree and Marlin a little less but the point stands)

    poking a friend for their input, next update should still be tomorrow.
     
  4. Aleph

    Aleph Experienced.

    Joined:
    Feb 12, 2016
    Messages:
    3,406
    Likes Received:
    7,393
    Count your blessings while you got ‘em. From my understanding, there’s a lot of QMs who would kill to have splits between options rather than bandwagons.
     
  5. RyubosJ

    RyubosJ Vote Tie's little bitch - 2018/????

    Joined:
    Dec 18, 2016
    Messages:
    929
    Likes Received:
    1,909
    At least with bandwagons I don't have to face pissing off half my readers by picking the objectively wrong option .
     
  6. SnedHlepPls

    SnedHlepPls Your first time is always over so quickly, isn't it?

    Joined:
    Mar 10, 2018
    Messages:
    2
    Likes Received:
    1
    Consider me poked >.<

    [X][Appearance] A
    [X][Fear] Staying with your parents and siblings
     
  7. RyubosJ

    RyubosJ Vote Tie's little bitch - 2018/????

    Joined:
    Dec 18, 2016
    Messages:
    929
    Likes Received:
    1,909
    Thanks Sned, update is unlikely to be today either. Got distracted by rereading Hope Through Overwhelming Firepower (not as good as I remember it).
     
  8. Threadmarks: Chapter 0:3
    RyubosJ

    RyubosJ Vote Tie's little bitch - 2018/????

    Joined:
    Dec 18, 2016
    Messages:
    929
    Likes Received:
    1,909
    [X][Appearance] A
    [X][Fear] Staying with your parents and siblings

    --------------------------------------------

    Your return to the tribe is a quiet affair, many of the hunters are still out in the forest and those that remain during the day are still busy with their own work. As such you have passed the first tent line before you are noticed.

    "Amaya!" A young voice calls out, your only warning before a tiny force barrels into your waist and almost knocks you into Alip right behind you. With your attention split between staying on your feet and not dropping the Bell Crawler's corpse you couldn't listen to what ever your little sister was now telling you at the speed of sound.

    At last your saviour arrived in the form of your elder sister, Senla. "Come now Melo, Amaya can barely stand. Let her drop of her load and then she can listen." Her calm voice, not quite hiding the worry at the mention of your load to your ears, coxing Senla to at last let you go. Although her terrifying grip around the younger girl's neck might have helped as well.

    Signing your thanks to Senla you lead your growing party towards the skinning racks on the other side of the camp, next to the river. Once you arrived the three of you dropped your cargo next to one of the larger racks. All three of you then proceeded to groan as the weight you had been caring for the last hour was gone.

    "Right Amaya, now explain why the three of you thought that hunting a Bell Crawler was a good idea!" Your sister hissed, crouching down in front of you and making it very clear you had no chance of escape.

    You reach into your pack and pulled out the tip of Dary's bow "We knew it had fed yesterday" You whispered, hoping Melo who was still watching wouldn't work out what had happened. The whole family knew she had a crush on Dary.

    "Oh" and a quick glance towards the largest section of the Bell Crawler's body was the sum total of your sister's reaction, but you know she wasn't unaffected by the news. There was a reason Melo had a crush on Dary beyond her youth.

    After that the rest of the day rushed by, Jai, Alip, and yourself were taken to the Elders and Shaman to recount the day's events while the Bell Crawler was butchered out of sight of the younger kids. By the evening came and the rest of the hunters had returned it was clear how badly the news had affected the whole tribe. A few of the edge tents had been moved inwards, the central fire was larger than usual, and the family crowds were quiet and somber affairs.

    The tribe was afraid, so much in fact that the usual mourning practices were almost ignored. Almost. You all raised a cheer for Dary when the Shaman called for it and once the banquet got going the mood around the tribe slowly improved. As the night progressed you saw twos and threes of the younger adults break away from the fire light. Among them Senla and her partner were almost first in slipping away, right after the first round of Bell Crawler had been eaten.

    As more and more of the groups split up you found yourself looking towards your hunting partners. The three of you had grown up together and you knew that many were expecting at least two of you to pair of this season, but no one was quite sure how it would end up going.

    ---------------------------------------------------

    [] Head towards Alip.
    [] Head towards Jai.
    [] Head towards both.
    [] Stay where you are.


    EDIT: voting for more than one is okay, forgot to mention that.

    A/N: This bloody update. So shorter than planned. Some of the stuff I could include I want to save for the start of the next chapter so this ended up being rather short. Going to add short sheets for the sisters later this week so keep an eye out for them.
    As for the votes, these will direct Amaya's orientation. For the 4th option though it's not binding, I'll instead give chances later on again to affirm this choice so if you don't want to romance Alip or Jai then you can go for that. (Although the QM's shipper heart will be sad).
    I'll introduce the rest of Amaya's family next chapter which will be set mostly around the camp, fighting one of the more dangerous local monsters on purpose tends to make elder's worry about your common sense.
    Otherwise thanks for sticking around so far
     
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2018
    Arkatekt likes this.
  9. Araa

    Araa I trust you know where the happy button is?

    Joined:
    Nov 19, 2017
    Messages:
    915
    Likes Received:
    382
    [X] Head towards Alip.
     
    RyubosJ likes this.
  10. Aleph

    Aleph Experienced.

    Joined:
    Feb 12, 2016
    Messages:
    3,406
    Likes Received:
    7,393
    Nothing wrong with a short update, especially when it feels well-packed.

    [X] Head towards Alip.
     
    RyubosJ likes this.
  11. SnedHlepPls

    SnedHlepPls Your first time is always over so quickly, isn't it?

    Joined:
    Mar 10, 2018
    Messages:
    2
    Likes Received:
    1
    [X] Head towards Alip.

    Also, I think there's a slight correction here : )

     
    RyubosJ likes this.
  12. Infinite Dragon

    Infinite Dragon Know what you're doing yet?

    Joined:
    Mar 16, 2016
    Messages:
    238
    Likes Received:
    82
    [X] Head towards Alip.
     
    RyubosJ likes this.
  13. cezyou

    cezyou Know what you're doing yet?

    Joined:
    Apr 19, 2015
    Messages:
    190
    Likes Received:
    186
    [X] Head towards Jai.
    [X] Head towards both.
    [X] Stay where you are.

    I would be fine with literally everything other than yet another lesbian to add to the pile.
     
    RyubosJ likes this.
  14. eraserman

    eraserman Drone

    Joined:
    Nov 24, 2017
    Messages:
    202
    Likes Received:
    166
    [X] Head towards both.
     
    RyubosJ likes this.
  15. Arkatekt

    Arkatekt Harbinger of Shitluck

    Joined:
    Mar 27, 2015
    Messages:
    16,014
    Likes Received:
    17,114
    [X] Head towards both.
     
    RyubosJ likes this.
  16. RyubosJ

    RyubosJ Vote Tie's little bitch - 2018/????

    Joined:
    Dec 18, 2016
    Messages:
    929
    Likes Received:
    1,909
    Vote Tally : [NSFW] - [QUEST] The End of Evolution and the Ascension of Arts | Page 2 | Questionable Questing [Posts: 39-45]
    ##### NetTally 1.9.9
    [X] Head towards Alip.
    No. of Votes: 4
    Araa
    Aleph
    Infinite Dragon
    SnedHlepPls
    [X] Head towards both.
    No. of Votes: 3
    cezyou
    Arkatekt
    eraserman
    [X] Head towards Jai.
    No. of Votes: 1
    cezyou
    [X] Stay where you are.
    No. of Votes: 1
    cezyou
    Total No. of Voters: 7

    It's a beautiful lily life!

    Poor Jai, what will happen to him now?
     
  17. Arkatekt

    Arkatekt Harbinger of Shitluck

    Joined:
    Mar 27, 2015
    Messages:
    16,014
    Likes Received:
    17,114
    That depends partially on how voyeurism is viewed. Or how well he can find a girl/guy of his own.

    Also, just because Amaya is leaning towards Yuri doesn't mean Alip can't be interested in him on the side. ;)
     
  18. RyubosJ

    RyubosJ Vote Tie's little bitch - 2018/????

    Joined:
    Dec 18, 2016
    Messages:
    929
    Likes Received:
    1,909
    NTR is a trash fetish.

    And honestly writing a mix gender harem from a member point of view sounds like I pain.
     
  19. Arkatekt

    Arkatekt Harbinger of Shitluck

    Joined:
    Mar 27, 2015
    Messages:
    16,014
    Likes Received:
    17,114
    I agree, which is why I didn't suggest NTR. I was putting forth the idea that they would let him watch because the three of them find it sexy/kinky, him getting his own girl/guy elsewhere, or (as you put it) a mix gender harem.
     
  20. Threadmarks: Chapter 1:1
    RyubosJ

    RyubosJ Vote Tie's little bitch - 2018/????

    Joined:
    Dec 18, 2016
    Messages:
    929
    Likes Received:
    1,909
    IT LIVES!

    okay, so I had the first couple of paragraphs written a while ago but then deadlines at the end of april happened. After that? Lets just ignore those months. K?

    Also I'm moving this to the sfw section.

    ---

    [X] Head towards Alip.

    Waking up in Alip's arms was very different to waking up with your parents or siblings. Her warmth was both comforting and exhilarating to you in a way nothing had ever been before, as such when you felt the sunlight alight on your face you remained still within her arms instead of getting up like you normally would.
    This small moment of tranquility where you can forget the fear of the last few days however is scattered by Melo before you can properly enjoy it.
    "Big Sis Amaya, Big Sis Alip! You need to get up!" She calls out from right above the two of you.
    The pair of you groan in concert at your sister's pronouncement, but long experience of your sister's attitude towards tasks meant you knew not to tally and give her further opportunities to encourage you.

    You both pulled your arms apart, although your sides remained almost touching, and started pulling the nearby clothes on. Once covered you slipped out of your shared furs and exited the tent after Melo, Alip not far behind you. Waiting for you right outside the tent was your father, sharpening his spear with a couple of the other older hunters.

    "Morning Nose" He said, his nickname for you as annoying as ever. "As you're awake now I'll let you know that you aren't to leave the camp today. None of you. The Sharman thinks that whatever the light was things aren't going to get safer. Especially with Dary dead. No the forest is dangerous now."

    Your father's voice grew grimmer as he went on and you felt the last of the warmth of Alip's arms fade in the face of his reminder. The tribe wasn't safe anymore, but no one knew why; perhaps not even the Shaman. Nodding you give your father a smile, hoping to cheer him up a little, and yourself too.

    You don't get to spend long with your family, before you all split up. Your father goes into the forest with the other hunters and quickly disappears into the darkness, only the least experienced of them leaving a trail you can casually spot. Your mother and elder sister no the other hand stay near the tents, repairing the tents and clothes of the tribe with the other wives. As for you, Alip, and Jai you are looking over the younger children while they play in the river.

    Melo is one of the older kids in this group and is already starting to outgrow many of the distractions the tribe uses to keep her happy and still. As such it is a difficult job to keep her attention away from the forest and adventure, and you can't help but worry that your own impulsiveness is rubbing off on her.

    As the guard duty is clearly meant to be a punishment you expected the morning to drag with nothing to do but watch the kids, and if the three of you had been older that likely would have been the case. Lucky though you were all still young enough that the games of the younger kids could interest you when bored. As such you all joined in with the fun, letting time fly by.

    It isn't till hours later, a little while after your noonday meal that you realise your mistake. Melo has vanished. At first you check the camp, looking among the tents, but you can't find her and none of the adults have seen her.

    After a panic filled few minutes one of the younger children admits to seeing her take one of the coracles down river. Swellow remembers that she had been jealous of your own adventure yesterday, talking about how it was unfair that you got one when she was just as good a hunter as you.

    It is at this point that the panic transforms into a deep dread. The forest is a dangerous place at anytime for someone of Melo's age alone. With the spirits silent and the beasts restless it is practically a death sentence for her. As you look down the river you know that every moment you wait decreases the chance of you ever seeing your sister again.

    You have to act, but once again you'll find yourself alone with none of the adult Hunters there to aid you. And this time you are perfectly aware of how dangerous it will be.

    [] Act
    [] Wait
     
  21. Stasis

    Stasis Unverified Lotus

    Joined:
    May 18, 2017
    Messages:
    412
    Likes Received:
    343
    [X] Act

    No time to wait, though maybe we should ask someone to tell an adult before we dash?
     
    ziozo likes this.
  22. theBSDude

    theBSDude Space Ace

    Joined:
    Apr 23, 2014
    Messages:
    3,038
    Likes Received:
    2,635
    [X] Act

    What does our character look like? The link is broken.
     
  23. Araa

    Araa I trust you know where the happy button is?

    Joined:
    Nov 19, 2017
    Messages:
    915
    Likes Received:
    382
    [x] Act
     
  24. Araa

    Araa I trust you know where the happy button is?

    Joined:
    Nov 19, 2017
    Messages:
    915
    Likes Received:
    382
    I think it was this
    [​IMG]
     
    theBSDude likes this.
  25. Marlin

    Marlin wishing to read another story deleted for profit

    Joined:
    Dec 9, 2016
    Messages:
    1,116
    Likes Received:
    307
    [X] Wait
     
  26. ziozo

    ziozo Making the rounds.

    Joined:
    Jun 1, 2017
    Messages:
    27
    Likes Received:
    43
    The Image link for appearance (A) doesn't work for me, can someone post the image in a spoiler, pls?

    edit: thanks! post didn't appear for me until upload refreshed the comments.
     
  27. ziozo

    ziozo Making the rounds.

    Joined:
    Jun 1, 2017
    Messages:
    27
    Likes Received:
    43
    [X] Act

    No time to wait, though maybe we should ask someone to tell an adult before we dash?

    maybe ask Jai to help track Melo, while Alip keeps watch?

    things might still go wrong with only one person watching the kids, but my hope is that Jai(the better tracker amongst us) helps us find Melo faster.
     
Loading...