1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Random Naruto Snippets and Worldbuilding

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by DuskAtDawn, May 21, 2016.

1. DuskAtDawn

DuskAtDawn Of the Thousand Faces

Just a place to further develop a world that has amazing potential.

///

Precision slicing.

The ability to cut what you want, exactly what you want, and nothing more or less will suffice.

It's an idea that's pervaded your entire existence, from your childhood with ROOT, to your training as a doctor, to your current position as Orochimaru's spy in the Akatsuki.

One of your first memories is of your instructor telling you all about how to kill a man. "There's no need for fancy jutsu or giant explosions," he said, "A slit throat will kill just as effectively. There are arteries that, once cut, can't be healed by anyone but the best...and most don't have access to ninja healers. Don't waste your chakra in killing the targets, save it for the inevitable pursuit, when you're fighting enemy shinobi or fleeing from them." He went on to describe just how many points in the body lie just below the skin and will kill if hit.

You became enamored with the concept. While your comrades were learning big, sweeping forms with their ninjato, you requested training in senbon, pressure points, and knife fighting. While everyone else was learning the standard combination of the Strong fist and Senju-style taijutsu, you trained in the subtler styles with the rest of the assassination trainees. Learning to move without noise, to run without chakra, to disappear into a crowd or the shadows.

Your every movement was...precise. Nothing wasted, not even a single unit of chakra.

But it was never enough. You weren't a natural like the others were; senbon didn't come easily, and they were too distinctive a primary weapon to use. Knives felt more comfortable in your hands, but they left ragged cuts, and you struggled to keep up with the faster older students. The one thing you excelled at was spying, and that just wasn't enough to continue justifying special training.

Then you got your cover. Adopted by a doctor.

It was the best thing to happen to you. After all, if it hadn't happened... you would never have used a scalpel for the first time.

Suddenly it clicked. A tool that would cut only what you wanted it to cut, that was clean, that was fast, that was... unique. You could use it to make nice, clean cuts, or ragged gashes, depending on what you want it to look like. With chakra, you could make it cut exactly as deep as you needed, or you could forgo chakra altogether and let it just barely graze over a wrist, bleeding your target out.

And on top of all that, nobody was ever suspicious of the doctor's apprentice carrying around a field surgery kit, even on your occasional trips to foreign hidden villages. To Danzo, it was a carefully calculated move, designed to place you deep in enemy territory where you could do the most damage. To Sasori, it put you into the perfect position to be one of his sleeper agents.

To Orochimaru, your true master, it was amusing. He didn't share your feelings on precision, preferring large over-the-top jutsu for anything more than a single opponent, and Kusanagi for the occasional survivor. That was fine, you master had ambition, which was what separated him from the remainder of your teachers.

///

No idea where I was actually going with this, but I think it might have been the start of a Kabuto Quest.

2. Epsilon

Epsilon Know what you're doing yet?

Certainly has potential as a Kabuto quest starter, haven't read one of those.

3. DuskAtDawn

//What could have been//

"I told you, moron," Sasuke boasted, "I can see through your jutsu. Just turn around and go back to Konoha."

Now, as literally anyone in Konoha could tell you, claiming to predict the number one most unpredictable ninja in the world is a Bad Idea. Note the capitals.

"Feh." his rival replied. "Sakura better appreciate this. I'm going to have nightmares for months."

Naruto put his hands together in his signature move's sign, causing six more Narutos to appear around him. They charged, also in his signature style, and were summarily destroyed. Which, arguably, could also be his style. They do tend to die a lot, don't they? Kinda makes you wonder.

"Really. It takes me less effort to kill off your clones than it takes for you to make them. Why even bothe-behind!" He struck backwards, landing his foot in the stomach of the Naruto sneaking up behind him and poofing it. "Dobe, seriously. Just go away. This is embarr-!" He leapt out of the way of the rising Naruto's fist. "assing. I can already see how you're approaching from my blind spo-" he turned once again, to deal with the latest annoyance.

Boiiiiing~

Splurt.

"Ninja centerfold." the blonde bombshell moaned, less words and more sex in the form of sound. She...he...no, definitely she. She reached out and slowly caressed the suddenly-frozen genin's face, before poofing away herself.

Staggered, Sasuke heard something from behind him. "Konohagakure's Most Secret and Sacred Technique..."

Slowly, he rotated his head to see the ominous figure who'd crouched behind him. Unable to move from the shock, he could only watch in terror as Naruto's eyes turned to meet his, sadism glinting behind them.

"THOUSAND YEARS OF DEATH!"

///

The ominous feeling lifted from his shoulders so abruptly, Kakashi slowed to a stop.

"AAAAAHHHHH!"

Slowly watching the flying Uchiha-missile head in the general direction of Konoha, he shook his head. "Excellent aim, amazing height. A pity Jiraya-sama already has dibs, I could teach him so much."

///

"Ugh." Naruto wiped his hands on his pants. "I don't care what Ero-sennin says, there's no way the fourth Hokage invented that move."

//End//

So...it occurred to me that Kakashi has only one original jutsu...and it's not Sennen Goroshi. That means either he copied it from someone or learned it legit.

The most likely source is probably Kushina, but it amused me to think that maybe Jiraiya came up with it, then passed it on to the fourth, who in turn passed it to Kakashi. Naruto just learned it through improvisation.

Drak4806 and Omida like this.
  4. DuskAtDawn

It started as a whim.

///

When you first managed to pull off the Shintenshin, your father laid down some ground rules:

No possessing animals unsupervised until you reach Chunin rank; until you've got a solid Self, it's just too risky.

No possessing men until he'd managed to give you The Talk. Whatever The Talk is.

No possessing unidentified targets, because there's too much chance they'll be higher rank than you and able to reverse the technique.

And no targeting people who are on The List without direct orders from the Hokage himself.

//

"Miss Yamanaka, you know I can't share student's personal information with just anyone." Iruka-sensei sighed. "If you want to know where Naruto lives, why don't you just ask him when he comes back? I doubt he'll refuse."

"Where is he? He hasn't been to class in forever!" you complain. If you tried skipping a full week of classes, your father would have your hide.

He shook his head. "If I knew, I'd drag him back here. He's probably preparing another prank of some kind. I'll yell at him once he pulls it off and comes back."

You groaned and left.

/

The List was a scroll that was pinned up on your wall. On it was a long set of names and groups never to use any of the family techniques on.

Some were common sense; Bipolar targets, people with multiple personality, and shinobi two ranks or more above you in skill. Others were less so, like Inuzukas, Uchiha, Aburame, and Hyuuga, who processed senses drastically different from you.

For political reasons, the Daimyo and his court were on there. Similarly, the Hokage and his advisors, as well as all the foreign Kage were as well. The heads of certain clans were named specifically.

And then you got to the individuals.

//

"The moron? Dunno. He moved since I last went to his place. It's been a real long time." - Kiba.

"Naruto-kun lives... er... ano..." Blush. "Kya!" - Hinata. Who you promptly needed to take to the infirmary for her anemia.

You forgot what Shino said, but it clearly wasn't important. Or maybe you just forgot to ask him.

"Naruto?" Munch, munch. "I think he lives somewhere to the southwest. Shika, you know?" - Chouji, between bites.

"Troublesome. Why don't you just ask Sasuke? He probably knows." - Shikamar... what?

//

From Suna, there was Chiyo/Ebizo, Rasa, and Gaara. There used to be more, but most had been crossed out by your father, like Sasori, Reto, Karura, and Shamon.

There were few names for Iwa and Kumo, though it was noted that any contact with either village ran the risk of war being declared, so you were advised to use caution. One or two names were mentioned in particular, it was mostly groups; anyone with a name consisting of only one letter, from Kumo, and the Kamizuru from Iwa.

Kiri had a handful. Most of the seven swordsman, a clan by the name of Kaguya, and the three Mizukage, of which nobody really knows anything about. Only one name was seperate from the rest: Utakata.

But the vast majority of the individual names were from Konoha.

//

"Yeah, the dobe lives a few blocks that way." Sasuke scribbled out an address, mostly ignoring you in favor of the homework he was working on.

You're flabbergasted. Why on earth would Sasuke-kun know where that idiot lived? He hands you the sheet. You know the place, you've passed it a few times on the way to the Academy. "Why do you know that?"

He turns to you for the first time this whole conversation. "I tutored him, back before..." he shook his head. "If I hadn't, he would have flunked out a year ago. Iruka-sensei made me." Frowning, he shrugged, before turning back to his work. "Now go away. You're kind of annoying."

And he's kind of an asshole, but that just made him hotter.

//

Hatake Kakashi, Sarutobi Asuma, Might Guy, Jiraiya, Tsunade, Orochimaru... All elite Jounin or higher, and all bent in the head so badly it was deemed too risky to even touch their brains.

And then there was him. Right after Uzumaki Kushina (which was crossed out), and Uzumaki Mito (which was also crossed out.).

Uzumaki Naruto.

What was he doing on The List? He didn't have any Doujutsu or sensory jutsu that you were aware of. He was of no political importance, and he wasn't nearly strong enough to match up with any of the rest.

There was a secret going on here. And you wouldn't be Yamanaka Ino if you just let that lie.

//End

Just the start of a potential NaruIno fic.

Prince Charon and Ct613hulu like this.