1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Recoil (a Worm fanfic)

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Ack, Jan 13, 2015.

1. Kolejny dzień

Kolejny dzień Sometimes I forget my name.

Mom!Taylor! :D - Make it So!

Another thing it wouldnt be a constabulary it'd be a police department or police precinct.

Priapus likes this.
  2. Ack

Ack (Verified Ratbag) (Unverified Great Old One)

Hamilton is a little old-fashioned. He means it in the context of 'the police', in general.

And Mom!Taylor? Where do you get that from?

Priapus likes this.
  3. esotericist

esotericist Getting sticky.

An unusual term in the US, even for that timeframe. At best it'd be a tongue-in-cheek usage, but still unusual for that.

... well, when a man and a woman love each other very much ...

4. Ack

Hamilton's so old school that old school looks to him for pointers :p

Well, she hasn't actually slept with a guy since - heh - 2011. Which was four and a half years ago, her time.

So she's not gonna be a mom any time soon. For a given definition of 'soon' :cool:

alethiophile likes this.
  5. Kolejny dzień

As I said Make it so.

I just think it'll be neat if does happen.

6. Ack

Really? She's not ready to be a mom just yet.

7. GladiusLucix

GladiusLucix Versed in the lewd.

FTFY :p

I was thinking earlier that it would be rather amusing and/or exceedingly adorable if she adopted Amy or Rachel. Or any of the future Undersiders.

1986ctcel, moontheir4 and Richael like this.
  8. doomlord9

doomlord9 Experienced.

Even better, all of them. The team is back together again, just...smaller.

Their Halloween costumes are absolutely adorable and the Lisa in her head can't stop laughing at the Chibisiders.

1986ctcel, Atropa, Navrin and 3 others like this.
  9. Kolejny dzień

Perhaps a bit ahead of myself.

But I don't mean right now. Just if it did happen it'd be neat.

10. Ack

The story is not yet done.

1986ctcel and Kolejny dzień like this.
  11. doomlord9

doomlord9 Experienced.

The more I think of it the more I want to see Mom!Taylor with her squad of chibisiders after having adopted them from difficult home situations. Except Taylor v0.5 but she visits often to play. She thinks her Aunt Taylor is the most awesome person ever! She has the coolest kids to play with and for her last birthday she even gave her a giant tarantula that little Taylor affectionately named Miss Skitter, which really seemed to amuse her aunt for some reason.

12. pepperjack

pepperjack A Variety of Cheese

It's a cute image, but Recoil's Taylor Snow would probably have too much to do. I could see her outsourcing this job to Andrea, though. Taylor would effectively become the aunt who visits a few times a year and spoils the kids rotten.

13. doomlord9

doomlord9 Experienced.

Nah, by then she has the big stuff mostly wrapped up and just has to put out the occasional small fire every now and then. Which is also why she is the coolest mom/aunt ever, sometimes said fires come to them and the kids get to see Momma Taylor go in Grizzly Mom mode and smack a bitch.

The kids love playing Villains and Heros, Aunt Taylor even got them their very own costumes for it that are the neatest thing ever. The fact that they are actual costumes and about as heavily armored as she could bribe various Tinkers to make them isn't something the kids notice but they make for the best play fights on the weekend.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2015
  14. Ack

Kids in the schoolyard: "My daddy can beat up your daddy!"
    Taylor's kids: "Our mommy can beat up ALL your daddies!"

... fuck it, now I want to have Taylor turning up in a Hummer, just for the kickass factor.

Priapus, Jiven, Trilonias and 5 others like this.
  15. doomlord9

doomlord9 Experienced.

After the third time Taylor was called because the chibisiders had stormed the local donut joint and demanded their 'best donuts or else.....or else they'll make a huge mess!' she had them draw up a tab with a 10% bonus for playing along.

The local Vista expy loves being called in to play with her friends defeat her dastardly rivals!

...We need omakes on this, it's just too damn adorable to let fade into obscurity!

16. esotericist

esotericist Getting sticky.

The BEST way to make a decision.

17. Threadmarks: Omake: A possible future
    Ack

... fine.

Omake, which may or may not end up being canon.

You have been warned.

The interior of El Grande Ice Cream Emporium was, to put it mildly, a mess. A dozen children, ranging in age from eight to thirteen, ran back and forth, grabbing scoops of ice cream and flinging them at one another. Multicoloured confectionary decorated every wall, the ceiling, and all of the combatants. The staff were also similarly besplodged; most of them were lurking behind the counter, trying to establish order, with exactly zero success.

The delighted (and not so delighted) shouts of children at war were interrupted by the squeal of brakes. Sarah froze, allowing a dollop of raspberry creme (usually her favourite) to hit the side of her face and slide down. "Oh crap!" she yelled. "Mom Taylor's here!"

Immediately, all the other children stopped what they were doing. Rachel, a scoop of watermelon delight poised to throw, let it slide down her arm and splatter on the ground, where Rollo promptly devoured it.

"We're in trou-ble...." she quavered.

"Quick! Think!" snapped Brian. "A bunch of villains came in ..."

" ... and they tried to rob the place," added Amelia helpfully.

"And we stopped 'em!" shouted little Aisha stoutly. "With ice cream! Like this!"

Before anyone could stop her, she loaded up her spoon one more time and let it fly.

Toward the door, as it happened.

The door which was opening.

To admit a particular person.

Taylor Snow, crack shot and deadly hand to hand combatant, once a captain in the PRT, the only person known to have ever predicted Behemoth's attacks, reached up and caught the ice-cream in midair, an instant before it would have splattered into her reflective aviator shades.

Absolute, terrified silence fell over the cafe. Taylor let it hang there, then she brought the ice cream to her mouth and tasted it.

"Butterscotch surprise," she noted. "Huh. Nice choice."

She licked the rest of the ice cream from her hand, then surveyed the absolute chaos that can only be wrought by small children. She stepped forward; her polished military boots thumped loudly in the absolute silence.

"Now then," she observed. "Who wants to tell me who started it?"

"Villains!" shouted Brian.

"Tried to rob the place!" young Missy supported him.

"We stopped 'em with ice cream!" shrieked Aisha gleefully. "Like -"

Taylor cleared her throat.

Everyone shut up. Aisha froze, in the act of reaching for more ice cream.

"Everyone who's mine, into the Hummer," she suggested, her voice mild. "Now."

'Her' children trooped, crestfallen, out of the cafe, and climbed into the back of the steel-grey HMMWV that sat at the curb, The other kids followed along, and clustered around the open doors of the vehicle.

"That was fun, but are you gonna be in much trouble?" asked Tyler, trying to wipe chocolate fudge out of his curly brown hair, and failing. "I mean, Aunt Taylor's cool, but she doesn't take any crap."

Sarah fended off Rollo, who was having an absolute ball licking stray ice cream off of everyone. "Mom Taylor'll punish us, but that won't be the bad bit," she told him. "The bad bit will be Mom Andrea being disappointed at us."

"She does that real good," chimed in Amelia. "I'm sorry we did this already, an' we haven't even been punished yet."

Taylor emerged from the cafe. "Okay," she told them. "I've paid for the ice cream, and the damage. You're allowed back. But don't do it again."

"Yes, Mom Taylor,"
    chorused the children in the Hummer.

"But what about us?" asked Missy.

Taylor lowered her aviator shades and looked at the blonde girl over them. "I paid for you too. But I strongly suggest you go home and tell your mommies and daddies exactly what you've done today."

"But we'll get in trouble," wailed Dinah. "I just know it!"

Taylor nodded judiciously. "Oh, yes," she agreed with a smile. "But it won't be the end of the world."

There was going to be more, but that's a perfect ending place.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2015
    AKrYlIcA, Argosh, Bermuda and 54 others like this.
  18. dxdragon

dxdragon Experienced.

That Dinah reference though....

I nearly died.

AKrYlIcA, Chase92, Starfox5 and 5 others like this.
  19. doomlord9

doomlord9 Experienced.

Glorious! Now she just needs to get them the mockups of their canon costumes in kid-size and herd them around on Halloween or the random holiday I have come to understand as being called 'I-want-to-wear-my-costume-today!'.

I have no idea where my nephews got that from, neither of my sisters were like that but whatever. I can deal with pint-size spiderman, thor, or ironman running around every now and then. I'm sure Taylor wouldn't have too much of a nostalgia fit over chibi-Tattletale, chibi-Grue, or chibi-Skitter.

Priapus likes this.
  20. 1986ctcel

1986ctcel Connoisseur.

Adorable! I wonder if Taylor and Lisa will start laughing or crying if little "Tyler" and Sarah or Amelia (or god forbid Aisha) start getting "close" when they're older :p

21. gammoregan

gammoregan I trust you know where the happy button is?

Huh. I just realized, Alec probably won't even be born. Seeing as his conception requires Taylor not stopping Heartbreaker from enslaving himself a harem and whatnot... Well there's one chibisider that won't be around.

AKrYlIcA, Priapus and Ack like this.
  22. doomlord9

doomlord9 Experienced.

Nah, he comes about from Heartbreaker's first 'conquest' that he snags before Taylor manages to get on top of that mess and the mom can't handle having a reminder around so she gives him to Taylor.

Possibly he has at least a sister as well, chibi-Cherish sounds oddly adorable.

AKrYlIcA likes this.
  23. pepperjack

pepperjack A Variety of Cheese

Just like how new!Taylor won't be a younger clone of original!Taylor (to the point that there's a 50/50 chance new!Taylor will be a boy), Alec, if born, will be a different person - even if he is born and is male and gets the same name. Sexual reproduction is crazy that way.

(I realize I'm responding to omake apologetics with attempted realism. I'm not trying to argue this beautiful scenario out of existence, I'm just saying that, given what's been established so far in Recoil, it will likely remain in the realm of omake.)

AKrYlIcA likes this.
  24. gammoregan

gammoregan I trust you know where the happy button is?

Cherish is his older sister, so unless Ack decides to ignore any parts of Worm canon that get in the way of making the chibisiders canon for Recoil, that's not happening.

AKrYlIcA likes this.
  25. doomlord9

doomlord9 Experienced.

That's generally the way it happens, Omakes tend to ignore anything and everything that interferes with the funny/interesting. Like how Dinah in that snippet would have been a newborn if she was even born at all yet.

Kolejny dzień likes this.
  26. alethiophile

alethiophile Shadowed Philosopher Administrator

I don't think this is necessarily true? Dinah is 12 or so when chibi-Taylor is 15 and Lisa is 17. The Chibisiders are described as ranging from 8-13. So it'd be set around 2007, four years before canon time, with all ages correct for that. (Modulo the Alec thing, of course.)

27. Kolejny dzień

Aisha'd be about 3 or 4.

28. Ack

Aisha is 14 in 2011.

29. Snake/Eater

Snake/Eater Myth Maker of the North

it's hard to find a song that suits Recoil as i don't have much of a interest in music from the 90s but i found a song that i think matches the Taylor in Recoil,this is Pink Floyd's "High Hopes" this song works with this story on a few ways,but i hope someone finds a song that goes with this current chapter.

Ack likes this.
  30. Rogue1615

Rogue1615 Getting sticky.

Now that was nice. My only question there is, Taylor really left as a Captain? Considering how early in her career it was, I figured she would at least make Major, if not Colonel.

Still, that was a very enjoyable scene. Some of the Kids names were interesting as well.

Priapus and Ack like this.